Ladies going through chemo - how are you doing? Or those just starting or curious

Options

Comments

• Lou Ann M
    Lou Ann M Member Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Editgrl said:

Rosy cheeks

Cindi, I remembered somebody had talked about flushing.  I did not get the red cheeks during chemo, but the next day, yes, I looked like I had spent some time in the sun!  It was a bit better on Sunday and now it is gone. I am going to ask my doctor why they added the IV decadron.  I checked over my records, and I'm pretty sure they didn't give it to me IV the last 3 times.  I just had the tablets.

Other than that, side effects have been pretty much the same as last time.  I even felt better on the third day than usual, fewer stomach pains, except I am falling asleep earlier and earlier in front of the TV! One new thing was a little bit of aching in my knee joints.  But I think I missed taking a Claritin on one day, so that might have contributed to that.

Hoping that things continue okay.  I have layed in a store of OJ and beets, and will pick up some tahini tomorrow to hopefully help with the white blood counts.  Oh, yeah, and salmon, too.  Don't know if any of this will help, but I don't think it can hurt, either.  

Next week I'm taking a couple of days away and me and the BF are staying in a friend's house 3 blocks from the beach in Capitola, just south of Santa Cruz. Yea!  More beach time.  I'll be thinking about you, Lou Ann.  I love the ocean, too.   And the BF and I haven't had any time away together since before his prostate cancer diagnosis a year ago August. He finished with his treatments and post-treatment appointments just a few days before my diagnosis, so we've been living in cancerland non-stop for a while. I'm hoping it will be a "cancer-free" few days for us.

Yes, Cindi, we are getting close to the end of this phase.  I'm still optimistic that we will be finished before Christmas.  What a great Christmas, birthday, and New Year's celebration it will be!

Lou Ann, I hope your numbers come back up for next week.  

Hugs to all my chemosabes!

Chris

I am so happy you and your BF

I am so happy you and your BF get to spend some quality time together and on the beach  wonderful.  We all need times when we can put cancer behind us and enjoy life.  We are now hoping that maybe after Thanksgiving we can get away to Seaside OR.  I would rather drive down the whole Pacific Coast HWY but for now this will have to do.

I also get the rosy cheeks from the decadron and for some reason this worries my husband more than a lot of the other side effects, go figure..  Hugs and prayers.  Lou Ann

• AWK
    AWK Member Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Editgrl said:

Rosy cheeks

Cindi, I remembered somebody had talked about flushing.  I did not get the red cheeks during chemo, but the next day, yes, I looked like I had spent some time in the sun!  It was a bit better on Sunday and now it is gone. I am going to ask my doctor why they added the IV decadron.  I checked over my records, and I'm pretty sure they didn't give it to me IV the last 3 times.  I just had the tablets.

Other than that, side effects have been pretty much the same as last time.  I even felt better on the third day than usual, fewer stomach pains, except I am falling asleep earlier and earlier in front of the TV! One new thing was a little bit of aching in my knee joints.  But I think I missed taking a Claritin on one day, so that might have contributed to that.

Hoping that things continue okay.  I have layed in a store of OJ and beets, and will pick up some tahini tomorrow to hopefully help with the white blood counts.  Oh, yeah, and salmon, too.  Don't know if any of this will help, but I don't think it can hurt, either.  

Next week I'm taking a couple of days away and me and the BF are staying in a friend's house 3 blocks from the beach in Capitola, just south of Santa Cruz. Yea!  More beach time.  I'll be thinking about you, Lou Ann.  I love the ocean, too.   And the BF and I haven't had any time away together since before his prostate cancer diagnosis a year ago August. He finished with his treatments and post-treatment appointments just a few days before my diagnosis, so we've been living in cancerland non-stop for a while. I'm hoping it will be a "cancer-free" few days for us.

Yes, Cindi, we are getting close to the end of this phase.  I'm still optimistic that we will be finished before Christmas.  What a great Christmas, birthday, and New Year's celebration it will be!

Lou Ann, I hope your numbers come back up for next week.  

Hugs to all my chemosabes!

Chris

Good for you!

We are also getting away for our annual wine tasting trip with friends to Santa Ynez.  I will be watching wine tasting but am just happy to take a break.  The beach is my restorative place, we are staying at the beach in Carlsbad over Thanksgiving and I can't wait.  That will be family time.  

Have a fantastic time Chris!  Sending hugs - Anne

• Abbycat2
    Abbycat2 Member Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Editgrl said:

Welcome, Joyce

I'm sorry to hear about your recurrence but glad that you found this board.

I don't know if your question was addressed to anyone specifically or just a general question for this group.  I was diagnosed in June of this year, uterine carcinosarcoma Stage 3c, Grade 3.

If you click on the names of the posters, many of us have more detailed information about our diagnosis and treatments on our "About Me" page. There is a wealth of information and support here for you.  

Chris

Joyce, how are you?

I was diagnosed on 10/14/13 with adinocarcinoma and then found out later, after my hysterectomy, etc, that I had an aggressive type 2 uterine cancer, UPSC, stage 3a. This is always a grade 3-that is, an aggressive quick to spread cancer usually diagnosed at a late stage. Stage 3 and 4 are considered late stages. I have been NED for 2 year. Please share more about your situation and where you are with your treatment. I hope you are responding well to your treatment.

Take Care,

Cathy

• Editgrl
    Editgrl Member Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    AWK said:

Good for you!

We are also getting away for our annual wine tasting trip with friends to Santa Ynez.  I will be watching wine tasting but am just happy to take a break.  The beach is my restorative place, we are staying at the beach in Carlsbad over Thanksgiving and I can't wait.  That will be family time.  

Have a fantastic time Chris!  Sending hugs - Anne

The beach at Thanksgiving!

That sounds lovely,  Anne.  What a great way to spend the holiday. 

• Editgrl
    Options
    Lou Ann M said:

I am so happy you and your BF

I am so happy you and your BF get to spend some quality time together and on the beach  wonderful.  We all need times when we can put cancer behind us and enjoy life.  We are now hoping that maybe after Thanksgiving we can get away to Seaside OR.  I would rather drive down the whole Pacific Coast HWY but for now this will have to do.

I also get the rosy cheeks from the decadron and for some reason this worries my husband more than a lot of the other side effects, go figure..  Hugs and prayers.  Lou Ann

I've been to Seaside

It was many years ago, a trip down the Oregon Coast.  I remember the little aquarium there.  Beach towns like that don't seem to change much over the years.  I hope you get to make your trip.  It's always lovely to be by the sea for the holiday.   My ex-husband and I used to go camping at Big Sur for Thanksgiving.  I do miss that.

• AWK
    AWK Member Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    joyce6611 said:

Information

When were you first diagnosed with cancer?  What stage is it?

I have just been diagnosed with recurrence.  I now have metastic endometrial of both lungs.

I was diagnosed Stage IIIC UPSC in April 2013

I have never been NED.  Three other opinions put me at IVB due to a met literally sitting on the wall between my abdominal area and chest.  The treatment regime would have been the same either way.  

I have been in constant treatment all along and am now currently in a clinical trial at Cedars Sinai.  I am doing well, living fully and thriving.  My life is very different these days but it is good.  Message me or respond here with any questions.  Hugs!  Anne

• Lou Ann M
    Options
    joyce6611 said:

Information

When were you first diagnosed with cancer?  What stage is it?

I have just been diagnosed with recurrence.  I now have metastic endometrial of both lungs.

Joyce

I was diagnosed in Aug. 2012 with Serous papillary endometrial adnocarcinome.  It is stage 4, very agressive.  I have had 2 short periods of NED, but it has always taken these times to matisize and find new places to hide.  Even though cancer is a big part of my life, my life is good.  I have many good days and plan to enjoy many more.  Hugs and prayers, Lou Ann

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    Options
    Lou Ann M said:

Joyce

I was diagnosed in Aug. 2012 with Serous papillary endometrial adnocarcinome.  It is stage 4, very agressive.  I have had 2 short periods of NED, but it has always taken these times to matisize and find new places to hide.  Even though cancer is a big part of my life, my life is good.  I have many good days and plan to enjoy many more.  Hugs and prayers, Lou Ann

Round 4 Chemo Impacts

I am one week out from my 4th infusion. Normal stomach stuff hit as usual on day 2 after chemo day. As did some fatigue.  Nausea lasted longer this time. The pills helped a lot with that.  I did not get diarrhea this time (at least so far).  My appetite has been low and continues to be that way.

Days 3-7 brought me the dreaded bone pain. Days 3-5 being the hardest to get through.  It wasn't as painful as it was with the Nuelasta. And, I didn't get any muscle cramps/pains.  I took Advil on the hardest days and that took the edge off the pain. So, I made it through without using the narcotics.  I found that I slept a lot more this time days 3-5.  And, I missed 3 days walking my boys. Just couldn't push myself to do it. Today, (day 7 post chemo) is much better. I have some bone pain but not bad.

I did refuse the Nuelasta last week.   I found this interesting.... Once my blood count went down, the expectation is to ALWAYS get Nuelasta even if the counts are up.  What's up with that?

My blood test today shows the WBC is slightly lower than last week, but still in an acceptable range.  Based on some of your feedback, it will most likely continue to go down until day 14. ANC is still good at 3.8.  I discussed not ever getting another Nuelasta shot with my doctor's PA today. He said people rarely can get through all of the treatments without it. And, that they can give me a "weekly" dose instead of the 3 week mega dose to minimize the impacts. Not sure I am willing to drink that Koolaide! 

Moving from weekly to every 3 weeks, even with the pain; was the right decision.  The "normal" time in between the infusions is so much needed emotionally and physically.

At the risk of jinxing myself.... I have made it through the worst and now have a solid 2 weeks of good days. My sister will be here on Tuesday. Can't wait to see her! :-)

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• Cucu me
    Cucu me Member Posts: 213 Member
    Options

Round 4 Chemo Impacts

I am one week out from my 4th infusion. Normal stomach stuff hit as usual on day 2 after chemo day. As did some fatigue.  Nausea lasted longer this time. The pills helped a lot with that.  I did not get diarrhea this time (at least so far).  My appetite has been low and continues to be that way.

Days 3-7 brought me the dreaded bone pain. Days 3-5 being the hardest to get through.  It wasn't as painful as it was with the Nuelasta. And, I didn't get any muscle cramps/pains.  I took Advil on the hardest days and that took the edge off the pain. So, I made it through without using the narcotics.  I found that I slept a lot more this time days 3-5.  And, I missed 3 days walking my boys. Just couldn't push myself to do it. Today, (day 7 post chemo) is much better. I have some bone pain but not bad.

I did refuse the Nuelasta last week.   I found this interesting.... Once my blood count went down, the expectation is to ALWAYS get Nuelasta even if the counts are up.  What's up with that?

My blood test today shows the WBC is slightly lower than last week, but still in an acceptable range.  Based on some of your feedback, it will most likely continue to go down until day 14. ANC is still good at 3.8.  I discussed not ever getting another Nuelasta shot with my doctor's PA today. He said people rarely can get through all of the treatments without it. And, that they can give me a "weekly" dose instead of the 3 week mega dose to minimize the impacts. Not sure I am willing to drink that Koolaide! 

Moving from weekly to every 3 weeks, even with the pain; was the right decision.  The "normal" time in between the infusions is so much needed emotionally and physically.

At the risk of jinxing myself.... I have made it through the worst and now have a solid 2 weeks of good days. My sister will be here on Tuesday. Can't wait to see her! :-)

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

two more

treatments and you are done with the chemo. Yayyyyyy!

I did not get Neulasta and I had only one postponed chemo and my counts were awfully low,

but it's over now.

My only regret is that I did not try Claritin for the bone pain, but my doctor said that Claritin is

for people who get Neulasta and I did not have the gut to try it on my own.

Great you'll see your sister

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    Options
    Cucu me said:

two more

treatments and you are done with the chemo. Yayyyyyy!

I did not get Neulasta and I had only one postponed chemo and my counts were awfully low,

but it's over now.

My only regret is that I did not try Claritin for the bone pain, but my doctor said that Claritin is

for people who get Neulasta and I did not have the gut to try it on my own.

Great you'll see your sister

Claritin

Hey Cucu,

I did use Claritin for 5 days. Not sure it helped but I don't think it hurt either! :-)

I'm really looking forward to the end of this. Seems like it gets harder as I get closer.

And... my energy level is still very low. Starting to make me cranky.  So, here's to tomorrow bringing me back to the new normal!!!!

Glad to hear from you and I sure hope you are starting to see relief from the impacts that you were dealing with.  Can't wait to hear that you have hair and a description on color, texture, etc. 

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• Sandy3185
    Sandy3185 Member Posts: 229 Member
    Options

Claritin

Hey Cucu,

I did use Claritin for 5 days. Not sure it helped but I don't think it hurt either! :-)

I'm really looking forward to the end of this. Seems like it gets harder as I get closer.

And... my energy level is still very low. Starting to make me cranky.  So, here's to tomorrow bringing me back to the new normal!!!!

Glad to hear from you and I sure hope you are starting to see relief from the impacts that you were dealing with.  Can't wait to hear that you have hair and a description on color, texture, etc. 

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

Near the end

I think the reaction to the chemo does get worse as you go on. Just think about it, every three weeks you are having a kind of poison injected into your body. It doesn't just kill cancer cells, it affects your entire body. As you get near the end, there has been multiple chemo drugs coursing through you body as well as all the dead cells that need to be cleansed from your bloodstream. Your body is under attack and fighting for your life. Of course you are weaker and fatigued! Your body has been fighting 24/7 and is being worn down. But, you have only two treatments to go! Yay! In less than 6 weeks you will have your final treatment!  Then you will gradually regain your strength and energy and start to feel good again. Although all the same side effects happen after your final treatment, they seem easier to bear because you know this is the end.

My hair started growing back about a month after my last chemo treatment. At first it was very curly but later went back to a more wavy texture. It still is much thinner in the front than it was before treatment, but doesn't look too bad. My eyebrows and eyelashes started returning at 2-3 months after ending treatment. My eyelashes look about the same as they did previously but my eyebrows are thinner. And, of course, all the hairs that I would have been happy never to see again, either never fell out or returned with a vengence!

It has been 17 months since I completed treatment and I am feeling great! Still NED and side effects are, for the most part gone. I still have a little periphereal neuropathy and I do get fatigued easily but I have resumed all my usual activities and am enjoying spending time with my grandchildren, especially the newest addition, Olivia, born Wednesday 11/11 the day before her mom's birthday. Take heart you are coming to the end.  With love, Sandy

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    Options
    Sandy3185 said:

Near the end

I think the reaction to the chemo does get worse as you go on. Just think about it, every three weeks you are having a kind of poison injected into your body. It doesn't just kill cancer cells, it affects your entire body. As you get near the end, there has been multiple chemo drugs coursing through you body as well as all the dead cells that need to be cleansed from your bloodstream. Your body is under attack and fighting for your life. Of course you are weaker and fatigued! Your body has been fighting 24/7 and is being worn down. But, you have only two treatments to go! Yay! In less than 6 weeks you will have your final treatment!  Then you will gradually regain your strength and energy and start to feel good again. Although all the same side effects happen after your final treatment, they seem easier to bear because you know this is the end.

My hair started growing back about a month after my last chemo treatment. At first it was very curly but later went back to a more wavy texture. It still is much thinner in the front than it was before treatment, but doesn't look too bad. My eyebrows and eyelashes started returning at 2-3 months after ending treatment. My eyelashes look about the same as they did previously but my eyebrows are thinner. And, of course, all the hairs that I would have been happy never to see again, either never fell out or returned with a vengence!

It has been 17 months since I completed treatment and I am feeling great! Still NED and side effects are, for the most part gone. I still have a little periphereal neuropathy and I do get fatigued easily but I have resumed all my usual activities and am enjoying spending time with my grandchildren, especially the newest addition, Olivia, born Wednesday 11/11 the day before her mom's birthday. Take heart you are coming to the end.  With love, Sandy

Sandy, Thanks

I really appreciate you taking the time to post your message.  I WILL get through this. And, what you said about our bodies fighting for our lives makes a lot of sense.

I'm hopeful that I end up NED and with minimal long term effects as well.  The tingling fingers and legs are a bit of a concern.  And my right thigh was already numb after my hysterectomy and has gotten a lot more so with the chemo.  Small price to pay though for living a long, healthy, happy life. :-)

CONGRATS on baby Olivia!  My sister says being a grandparent is one of the best things in life.

Love and Hugs my friend,

Cindi

• Editgrl
    Options

Round 4 Chemo Impacts

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

Two more to go!!!

Cindi, I am so happy the 3-week regimen is working out better for you, and that  you will be able to truly enjoy your visit with your sister.

The whole Neulasta thing is very interesting.  It seems every doctor/hospital/center has a different protocol.  I have a friend who started getting Neulasta right from the get-go, as a matter of course.  Others get it only when their levels are low. Interesting about your PA? saying that once the counts are down, the expectation is to always have it. My doctor hasn't even really mentioned it, as I was the one who brought it up.  I'll be chugging orange juice, chowing down on salmon, tahini and beets this week hoping to get mine up by Friday.

Side effects this cycle continued to be minimal.  A bit of edema in my left foot, the "normal" amount of manageable constipation, and the rosy cheeks the day after chemo.  Still have quite a bit of hair on my head, though the BF is taking an inordinate amount of glee in pointing out that it is only the gray hair that is left.  The dark hair is all gone.  I may be a totally silver fox when it grows back in!

Best wishes to all the chemosabes!

Chris

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    Options
    Editgrl said:

Two more to go!!!

Cindi, I am so happy the 3-week regimen is working out better for you, and that  you will be able to truly enjoy your visit with your sister.

The whole Neulasta thing is very interesting.  It seems every doctor/hospital/center has a different protocol.  I have a friend who started getting Neulasta right from the get-go, as a matter of course.  Others get it only when their levels are low. Interesting about your PA? saying that once the counts are down, the expectation is to always have it. My doctor hasn't even really mentioned it, as I was the one who brought it up.  I'll be chugging orange juice, chowing down on salmon, tahini and beets this week hoping to get mine up by Friday.

Side effects this cycle continued to be minimal.  A bit of edema in my left foot, the "normal" amount of manageable constipation, and the rosy cheeks the day after chemo.  Still have quite a bit of hair on my head, though the BF is taking an inordinate amount of glee in pointing out that it is only the gray hair that is left.  The dark hair is all gone.  I may be a totally silver fox when it grows back in!

Best wishes to all the chemosabes!

Chris

Chris

Yep! Two to go!!!  I'm still dealing with fatigue today. And slight pains here and there. But, much better.

Tomorrow will be even better so I am looking forward to the remaining time.  I REALLY need it emotionally!

Nothing wrong with being a silver fox. :-) Much better than a shiny head. My husband is calling me slick these days. lol (I do have a little white fuzz here and there)

I have been drinking OJ every day.

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• Lou Ann M
    Options

Round 4 Chemo Impacts

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

Cindi

So very happy for you.  You can see the light at the end of the tunnel and I bet it is getting brighter every day.  May you dance with NED  many long years to come.  Hugs and prayers, Lou Ann

• Editgrl
    Options
    Rounded the turn, heading for the stretch #5 done!

Had chemo #5 on Friday.  Numbers were good, though WBC was a bit lower than last time. So much for all that salmon and OJ! Still in the low normal range, so everyone was happy about that.  This time they did not do the IV Decadron.  I asked my oncologist about this, since last time, I did get it and I had not the previous 3 times.  She said as long as I was taking the pills before, there was no reason to do the IV.  Hmmm...  so how did that happen?  In any case, no additional Decadron or Zofran this time, since I had taken all the meds.  They pushed the Taxol to the max since I had not had a reaction previously.  This time I did get a weird kind of tingling in my arms and hands, but nothing more, and it passed in a minute or so.

So far, the side effects have been pretty much as before.  I did get a tiny bit of numbness in my fingertips this last go round, but certainly nothing incapacitating or painful.  Doctor recommended adding B-1 and B-6 to my arsenal.  I did have rosy cheeks on Saturday, but my complexion is back to normal. Weirdly enough, the immediate constipation did not happen this time.  It's been two 3 day delays after previous chemos, but this time, I actually went the day after.  It remains to be seen how the rest of the week will go, so to speak.

Cindi and Lou Ann, are you on schedule for this week?  And Lou Ann, will you be able to get to Seaside?

Anne, congratulations on finishing your 6th cycle.  Hoping for good news for you so you can continue in the study.

Chris

• Lou Ann M
    Options
    Editgrl said:

Had chemo #5 on Friday.  Numbers were good, though WBC was a bit lower than last time. So much for all that salmon and OJ! Still in the low normal range, so everyone was happy about that.  This time they did not do the IV Decadron.  I asked my oncologist about this, since last time, I did get it and I had not the previous 3 times.  She said as long as I was taking the pills before, there was no reason to do the IV.  Hmmm...  so how did that happen?  In any case, no additional Decadron or Zofran this time, since I had taken all the meds.  They pushed the Taxol to the max since I had not had a reaction previously.  This time I did get a weird kind of tingling in my arms and hands, but nothing more, and it passed in a minute or so.

So far, the side effects have been pretty much as before.  I did get a tiny bit of numbness in my fingertips this last go round, but certainly nothing incapacitating or painful.  Doctor recommended adding B-1 and B-6 to my arsenal.  I did have rosy cheeks on Saturday, but my complexion is back to normal. Weirdly enough, the immediate constipation did not happen this time.  It's been two 3 day delays after previous chemos, but this time, I actually went the day after.  It remains to be seen how the rest of the week will go, so to speak.

Cindi and Lou Ann, are you on schedule for this week?  And Lou Ann, will you be able to get to Seaside?

Anne, congratulations on finishing your 6th cycle.  Hoping for good news for you so you can continue in the study.

Chris

After Thanksgiving

Next. Chemo s scheduled for Tuesday, Dec 1&2 if my platelets are high enough, and I won't know until I get there anf have the lab work.  I am not quite as tired so i am helpful although I know that the platelet problem has nothing to do with the anemia that I have.

We are not going to make it to Seaside yet.  We were going to squeeze a trip to the Seattle area in over Thanksgiving to see 2 of our kids, but we had to cancel that today, because of my husbands work.  We are both so bummed.  But we will get there sometime.  We not only have to fit a trip between chemo , we also have to fit them in between snow storms

Thinking about you and hope you feel good enough to enjoy the holiday.  Hugs and prayers, Lou Ann

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    Options
    Editgrl said:

Chris

Next chemo

Hey Chris,

Soooo glad you finished with #5.  And, that your body is still being so amazingly strong with the chemo. Amazing!  Only one to go!  WOW!

Mine was moved out from this coming Thursday (for obvious reasons) to Monday, 11/30.  So, I get to enjoy 3 extra days of feeling great. :-)

Lou Ann, I hope all goes well for you and you get to stay on schedule.

Ann, please let us know your results. I sure hope that everything comes back negative and you get to stay in the trial. Sending an extra prayer up for you tonight!

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    Options

Next chemo

Hey Chris,

Soooo glad you finished with #5.  And, that your body is still being so amazingly strong with the chemo. Amazing!  Only one to go!  WOW!

Mine was moved out from this coming Thursday (for obvious reasons) to Monday, 11/30.  So, I get to enjoy 3 extra days of feeling great. :-)

Lou Ann, I hope all goes well for you and you get to stay on schedule.

Ann, please let us know your results. I sure hope that everything comes back negative and you get to stay in the trial. Sending an extra prayer up for you tonight!

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

Chemo Taste Buds - How long does it last?

Just thought I would post my findings with Thanksgiving foods.... Ham tasted terrible to me. So much for eating Honey Baked left overs! I put a lot in the freezer.  :-)

Turkey tasted just OK. Dressing, which is my favorite part also tasted just OK.  Carrots tasted terrible.  My tastes seem to be changing once again.  I have been craving sweets. And, they taste good. But, they make my stomach hurt a bit. Especially the pecan pie. (It was worth it though!)  Before, I wasn't able to even think about eating sweets.  And, simple carbs seem to taste the best. Things like crackers and bread.  I'm now having to push myself to eat fruit and meat.  Very strange. I would have thought the taste changes that I already went through would have stayed consistent to the end of the chemo journey.

Tomorrow is chemo day. I have had a chemo dread day today. I enjoyed feeling good and even got 3 bonus days. So, I guess I just don't want to give up the better days. At least I'll only have ONE to go after tomorrow. That is something to push me to get this done! :-)

For those that have completed their chemo... How long did it take you to get your normal food tastes back?  While this isn't a big deal in the overall scheme of things, I'm very curious.

Lou Ann - I hope your levels are up enough to get your next treatment out of the way on 12/1,2....

I hope everyone has a great week!

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• Cucu me
    Cucu me Member Posts: 213 Member
    Options

Chemo Taste Buds - How long does it last?

Just thought I would post my findings with Thanksgiving foods.... Ham tasted terrible to me. So much for eating Honey Baked left overs! I put a lot in the freezer.  :-)

Turkey tasted just OK. Dressing, which is my favorite part also tasted just OK.  Carrots tasted terrible.  My tastes seem to be changing once again.  I have been craving sweets. And, they taste good. But, they make my stomach hurt a bit. Especially the pecan pie. (It was worth it though!)  Before, I wasn't able to even think about eating sweets.  And, simple carbs seem to taste the best. Things like crackers and bread.  I'm now having to push myself to eat fruit and meat.  Very strange. I would have thought the taste changes that I already went through would have stayed consistent to the end of the chemo journey.

Tomorrow is chemo day. I have had a chemo dread day today. I enjoyed feeling good and even got 3 bonus days. So, I guess I just don't want to give up the better days. At least I'll only have ONE to go after tomorrow. That is something to push me to get this done! :-)

For those that have completed their chemo... How long did it take you to get your normal food tastes back?  While this isn't a big deal in the overall scheme of things, I'm very curious.

Lou Ann - I hope your levels are up enough to get your next treatment out of the way on 12/1,2....

I hope everyone has a great week!

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

taste

is getting better right after your bad days after last chemo is over.

It's strange how you start craving sweet, did not happen to  me at all.

I was craving only salty food and junk food all the time during chemo.

Courage to all of us,  we need it!