Options
12345679»

Comments

• sinee
    sinee Member Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    renee616 said:

Thanks Sinee.....
    I am red, kind of broke out and quite itchy in my upper breast/collarbone/ neck area... But this area only gets 24 treatments....So it will be healing a few days while the other areas keep getting targeted. trying to not itch! but this too shall pass! Yea Sinee! 10 days is awesome! I have 15 days! I'm glad its almost over! THere is so much I'm planning on doing in August to make up for not being able to with all these appts!
    Hugs & prayers that time passes quickly for everyone getting through chemo or rads!
    Renee

no cream?
    how about aloe vera cream, that will relieve the itching, ask you rad onco, if you can use that. love to you.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    TKMomma said:

Boosters
    Interesting reading ladies. I'm down to 11. 8 boosters start next week. Can anyone tell me if the boosters make you feel any different from the other treatments. I guess I'm really asking about the fatigue. Do you notice if it gets worse or pretty much equivalent. That is my biggest complaint - fatigue and no interest in doing much or socializing.

Boosters didn't make me any
    Boosters didn't make me any more tired. The main thing with them is that they are faster. You are just in and out! They did have to do the planning on me again with the boosters, so, your first time might be longer.

Good luck!
  • butterflylvr
    butterflylvr Member Posts: 944
    Options
    sinee said:

A quick hello
    Hello, 2 more days of reg. rads, and then 5 days of boosts and I graduate!! woohoo, a bit of skin opened up on me under my breast
    but the cream given "Bliss" is just that~so I can handle it...going well, looking forward to being done, and then what? Back to my life? or the new one I plan on creating~for sure~taking my love of photography to the next level and partnering with a friend who has a lot more experience than I, and working in her studio....then who knows, perhaps it is time again to have my own. Long, long time ago, in another lifetime, I had a business of my very own...to long of a story to explain, but much wiser now~love to you all, Cindy/Sinee

Cindy,
    The same thing happened to me, that's where I popped open too just under the breast mound. During boost week though my incision line blistered and peeled. The worst part is under the boob but I went free willy and let the girls do their thing. Of course tissue expanders stay pretty erect so there wasn't much flopping. It was during this time I had to quit my walks and rest up a bit because I didn't want my sweat to get into the open wound area.

Wow.. I can't believe how fast your time has gone. Next week you graduate. Now where is that darn Renee? She hasn't checked in lately... I am worried about her not wearing any creams, that sounds kind of strange because dry skin will only crack. Renee girl... check in if you read this...

Hugs to you both, I am ready to celebrate again. It gives me a good excuse to have an extra beer over the weekend. LOL

*\o/* Lorrie *\o/*
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    grams2jc said:

Go radical ladies
    Not joining you for treatment any more, but thinking about all of you still fighting.

Hang in there!!!!

Jennifer

This is such a great thread!
    This is such a great thread! Wishing all of you the best of luck with rads!

♥ Kristin ♥
  • sinee
    Options
    Graduated today
    Rads are done, finished, completed! we went out to celebrate with a little dinner and some wonderful music, and a couple of good friends, one who was also celebrating her son in laws, remission! woohoo....what a happy bunch we all were, Cancer was kicked down twice~ Love to you all, thinking of you Renee, it won't be long now...hang in there dear~
  • grams2jc
    grams2jc Member Posts: 756
    Options
    sinee said:

Graduated today
    Rads are done, finished, completed! we went out to celebrate with a little dinner and some wonderful music, and a couple of good friends, one who was also celebrating her son in laws, remission! woohoo....what a happy bunch we all were, Cancer was kicked down twice~ Love to you all, thinking of you Renee, it won't be long now...hang in there dear~

Congrats Rad Grad!
    What a happy feeling to have that grind finished!!

So glad you are done,

Jennifer
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    sinee said:

Graduated today

Congrats Sinee!
    Congrats Sinee!
  • sinee
    Options
    grams2jc said:

Congrats Rad Grad!
    What a happy feeling to have that grind finished!!

So glad you are done,

Jennifer

Thank you!
    Thank you, busy dealing with the pealing...haha what a poet..painful little bugger for sure...and the Bliss does help, so does Advil
  • sinee
    Options
    mamolady said:

Graduation Day
    Last day today! I will miss the techs but I am sooooo happy to be done. Saw the PT today, my arm is back to normal size! This past week was only boosts so I think the lymph nodes are calming down now. My arm pit area is still raw but manageable. It is really weird to think that I am almost done.

Cindy

Congratulations Mamolady
    Sorry I missed this earlier, Congrats on graduating, so good to be done with it isn't it....best of health to you~glad all is well with your arm. It was such a wierd surreal feeling when I left for the last time..even the drive home, I was like, well is that it? am I really done? I think there can be a tea ceremony or something...lol...someone other than myself should be jumping up and down when I leave...??? anyway I don't know if you felt that too. Just thought I would share my wierdness with you...lol....good luck and God Bless~
  • butterflylvr
    butterflylvr Member Posts: 944
    Options
    Alexis F said:

Congrats Sinee!
    Congrats Sinee!

Yay... Cindy...
    Now it

Yay... Cindy...

Now it wasn't so bad was it? Hey I was burnt like a lobster and let me tell you it's amazing what a couple of weeks can do. Haven't heard from Renee lately. She should be done either yesterday or today I would think.

Rad girls, look me up on Facebook if you aren't connected already. (rumpf Lorrie)

I sure had an amazing group to graduate with...

Hugs girls,
    Lorrie
  • BMS
    BMS Member Posts: 127
    Options
    sinee said:

Graduated today

Congrats!
    Sorry I hadn't been on here for a bit to see your graduation announcement. So happy you are all done, Sinee! Now we wait fr Renee to let us know she is finished.

It's been 5 weeks done for me and now all of the peeling is done and the swelling is gone. My follow-up with the RO is in September and she will give me the order for my first mammo since this all started and finished. I have my annual GYN exam next Monday. Haven't seen my OB/GYN since last summer when she gave me the grim news of my BC. Hope she recognizes me with short hair and 42 pounds shed!

As for facebook, look me up, too. Bonnie Brownstein Schendell!
  • sinee
    Options
    Alexis F said:

Congrats Sinee!
    Congrats Sinee!

Thank you!
    Thanks Alexis and everyone...yes it is over....and I made it...thanks to all of you and a great rad team, I opted to Thank them with Chocolate covered strawberries, and they were delighted! Love to you all and look me up on fb, cindy snow
  • renee616
    renee616 Member Posts: 181
    Options
    BMS said:

Congrats!
    Sorry I hadn't been on here for a bit to see your graduation announcement. So happy you are all done, Sinee! Now we wait fr Renee to let us know she is finished.

It's been 5 weeks done for me and now all of the peeling is done and the swelling is gone. My follow-up with the RO is in September and she will give me the order for my first mammo since this all started and finished. I have my annual GYN exam next Monday. Haven't seen my OB/GYN since last summer when she gave me the grim news of my BC. Hope she recognizes me with short hair and 42 pounds shed!

HI LORRIE! STILL HERE, JUST PLANNING MY GRAD PARTY!
    CONGRATULATIONS BONNIE & CINDY!!!!! I will graduate Wed! YIIIPPPEEE! Took a little detour last week and got a breast reduction on my "good" side, delayed a day for surgery then right back to Rads the next day! I was bound and determined to not miss any! But when surgeon suggested I gitter done..I jumped at the chance of being through with not only rads but with surgery that I knew was needed to even out the girls! Cindy, the choc strawberries sound like a good ideal. Did you have to preorder? theres an anthony thomas candy store close to my treatment facility. I am so excited! I feel like schools just about done for the summer! I'm thinking about a mexican fiesta pool party to celebrate! Although I'm celebrating all week! Today was the craft store & The Olive garden! Just wish I would have had the 25 cent wine sample! Ahhh well....you know what they say.....hindsights...something!
    CONGRATS AGAIN TO THE WHOLE GRADUATING CLASS!
    LOve hugs & prayers for never repeating that class! :)
    Renee
  • renee616
    renee616 Member Posts: 181
    Options
    renee616 said:

HI LORRIE! STILL HERE, JUST PLANNING MY GRAD PARTY!
    CONGRATULATIONS BONNIE & CINDY!!!!! I will graduate Wed! YIIIPPPEEE! Took a little detour last week and got a breast reduction on my "good" side, delayed a day for surgery then right back to Rads the next day! I was bound and determined to not miss any! But when surgeon suggested I gitter done..I jumped at the chance of being through with not only rads but with surgery that I knew was needed to even out the girls! Cindy, the choc strawberries sound like a good ideal. Did you have to preorder? theres an anthony thomas candy store close to my treatment facility. I am so excited! I feel like schools just about done for the summer! I'm thinking about a mexican fiesta pool party to celebrate! Although I'm celebrating all week! Today was the craft store & The Olive garden! Just wish I would have had the 25 cent wine sample! Ahhh well....you know what they say.....hindsights...something!
    CONGRATS AGAIN TO THE WHOLE GRADUATING CLASS!
    LOve hugs & prayers for never repeating that class! :)
    Renee

Ps....Did anyone ever get a
    Ps....Did anyone ever get a back ache during rads from lying on the metal table? I've had one since my first week of rads.
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    BMS said:

Congrats!

Wow! So many rad grads!
    Wow! So many rad grads! Congratulations to all of you!

Sue :)