The Radiation Room

Options

Comments

• BMS
    BMS Member Posts: 127
    Options

Well I'm off to work on my
    Well I'm off to work on my suntan, I've got my lotion along.

Regarding boosters, isn't that just targeted at the area where the tumor was?

#15 done
    Hi, Lorrie...I had #15 yesterday. So far, so good. No real redness, rash or fatigue. As for the rash, I was told to use Gold Bond powder under the breast to keep things dry, but haven't needed to yet.

I finished #15 out of 25 all over rads. The other 7, if needed, are the boosters which are targeted like you said. Those haven't been definitely scheduled yet. I keep pushing forward to get this done! After this, I just keep doing my Herceptin every three weeks at the MO's office until the end of September...then I am FINISHED with treatments!!!

Glad you are doing well.

Bonnie
  • ElizabethB
    ElizabethB Member Posts: 89
    Options
    BMS said:

#15 done
    Hi, Lorrie...I had #15 yesterday. So far, so good. No real redness, rash or fatigue. As for the rash, I was told to use Gold Bond powder under the breast to keep things dry, but haven't needed to yet.

I finished #15 out of 25 all over rads. The other 7, if needed, are the boosters which are targeted like you said. Those haven't been definitely scheduled yet. I keep pushing forward to get this done! After this, I just keep doing my Herceptin every three weeks at the MO's office until the end of September...then I am FINISHED with treatments!!!

Glad you are doing well.

Bonnie

BMS herceptin can you tell me about it
    tryong to get info on Herceptin i start it for once a week for 8 weeks then every 2 or 3 weeks for a year bur i will also be do Taxel for 4 treatments every other week...
  • wndringmnd
    wndringmnd Member Posts: 44
    Options

tryong to get info on Herceptin i start it for once a week for 8 weeks then every 2 or 3 weeks for a year bur i will also be do Taxel for 4 treatments every other week...

side effect of rads
    does anyone ever feel sick to their stomache while receiving radiation treatments? it's only been a few times that it has happened but that is enough for me to ask.
    thanks
    Marilyn
  • BMS
    Options

ElizabethB
    Hi and welcome. Herceptin is a breeze! I started last September with TCH and had 4 of 6 treatments every 3 weeks. Had to stop because of elevated liver enzymes. Had my lumpectomy in January and resumed chemo in February. This time was weekly Taxol with Herceptin every 3rd week. Had 5 Taxol treaments and had to stop because of...elevated liver enzymes. I was done with chemo! Now I just do Herceptin every three weeks for a year, which will end in September.

I am also about halfway through radiation. You can continue with Herceptin through radiation. So far, no side effects at all. Hercepting is a quick infusion and I feel nothing afterward. Good luck and stay in touch.

Bonnie
  • butterflylvr
    butterflylvr Member Posts: 944
    Options
    BMS said:

ElizabethB
    Hi and welcome. Herceptin is a breeze! I started last September with TCH and had 4 of 6 treatments every 3 weeks. Had to stop because of elevated liver enzymes. Had my lumpectomy in January and resumed chemo in February. This time was weekly Taxol with Herceptin every 3rd week. Had 5 Taxol treaments and had to stop because of...elevated liver enzymes. I was done with chemo! Now I just do Herceptin every three weeks for a year, which will end in September.

I am also about halfway through radiation. You can continue with Herceptin through radiation. So far, no side effects at all. Hercepting is a quick infusion and I feel nothing afterward. Good luck and stay in touch.

Bonnie

Marilyn,
    Today will be treatment #7 for me and thus far no stomach problems. Although Monday I did have a slight headache. Maybe (oh please,please, please) you just had a touch of something.

Hugs,
    Lorrie
  • lexyloohoo
    lexyloohoo Member Posts: 4
    Options

Marilyn,
    Today will be treatment #7 for me and thus far no stomach problems. Although Monday I did have a slight headache. Maybe (oh please,please, please) you just had a touch of something.

Hugs,
    Lorrie

Rads/herceptin
    On Herceptin, have to agree "easy breezy". I consider it more of a social visit with the great nurses where I go.
    Regarding the rads, I started burning and peeling in the armpit area around # 12 and they prescribed me Lidocane Gel for the pain and Sulfa Silvadine(make sure your not allergic to Sulfas) for the burn and any blisters. Not stopping but def. keeping it under control. I apply 3-4xs per day. Today is 22 of 25 so not to many left and June 1st Graduation Day as I am calling it. Had Thyroid Cancer treatment during the breast cancer treatment and both done next Weds so very excited.
    Have to agree a positive attitude does help through all of this and try and believe that as long as there are more good days than bad in a week it is a good week. Try and have at least one good thought everyday, for me it is being so blessed that it is me going through this and not my 9 year old daughter. Good luck to all you strong ladies and the next time the Sun peaks out turn up, close your eyes, and take in the warmth. :)
  • butterflylvr
    Options

Rads/herceptin
    On Herceptin, have to agree "easy breezy". I consider it more of a social visit with the great nurses where I go.
    Regarding the rads, I started burning and peeling in the armpit area around # 12 and they prescribed me Lidocane Gel for the pain and Sulfa Silvadine(make sure your not allergic to Sulfas) for the burn and any blisters. Not stopping but def. keeping it under control. I apply 3-4xs per day. Today is 22 of 25 so not to many left and June 1st Graduation Day as I am calling it. Had Thyroid Cancer treatment during the breast cancer treatment and both done next Weds so very excited.
    Have to agree a positive attitude does help through all of this and try and believe that as long as there are more good days than bad in a week it is a good week. Try and have at least one good thought everyday, for me it is being so blessed that it is me going through this and not my 9 year old daughter. Good luck to all you strong ladies and the next time the Sun peaks out turn up, close your eyes, and take in the warmth. :)

Wow.. I am in the presence
    Wow.. I am in the presence of such great company here in the rad room. I gotta tell you girls, I've been feeling a little feisty through my rad treatment. Each day I put my clothes in locker #13. Yup... life is great living on the edge.. One more day tomorrow and then our boobies get a three day rest.

Have a good weekend ladies and remember to keep using those creams and gels. LOL

Lorrie
  • BMS
    Options

Wow.. I am in the presence of such great company here in the rad room. I gotta tell you girls, I've been feeling a little feisty through my rad treatment. Each day I put my clothes in locker #13. Yup... life is great living on the edge.. One more day tomorrow and then our boobies get a three day rest.

Have a good weekend ladies and remember to keep using those creams and gels. LOL

Lorrie

#19 today!
    Today will be rad #19 for me. And, Lorrie, I am so looking forward to the 3 day rad-free weekend! I even asked my RO about having a drink (those martinis or margaritas will be around this weekend) and she said of Course! Yay!

A fruity drink and ditching the wig this weekend! Happy Memorial Day!

Bonnie
  • BMS
    Options

Lorrie

oops!
    Comment posted twice.
  • adriabold
    adriabold Member Posts: 5
    Options
    breast cancer radiation therapy
    There is also magnetic radiation as from a magnet and of course infra red, ultra violet from light. Atomic radiation from a radio active material is another one. I am not clear about what makes this material radiate..breast cancer radiation therapy
  • grams2jc
    grams2jc Member Posts: 756
    Options
    week 3
    Somehow saying I am starting week 3 tomorrow sounds like much more than saying I will be on trtmt 11.

Everybody sing, cause here we go again!!!!

Jennifer
  • mamolady
    mamolady Member Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    grams2jc said:

week 3
    Somehow saying I am starting week 3 tomorrow sounds like much more than saying I will be on trtmt 11.

Everybody sing, cause here we go again!!!!

Jennifer

Week 3
    I like it better because it is only treatment number 9! At least the techs are great and it's nice to see the other women while we wait! Only 22 to go......
  • Survivor73
    Survivor73 Member Posts: 135
    Options

Rads/herceptin

info on breast & thryoid
    Hi Lexyloohoo...just wondering about the thyroid treatment you mentioned while going through rads...I have to have a right disection (had tt in 2009) as it's now in my lymph nodes.
    I also finish rads tomorrow....(Yeah).

Just wondering what you were able to do during rad treatment...did you have RAI?

Thx
  • butterflylvr
    Options
    mamolady said:

Week 3
    I like it better because it is only treatment number 9! At least the techs are great and it's nice to see the other women while we wait! Only 22 to go......

Hey Ladies,
    I'm starting week 3 as well. Looks like we're all in it for the long haul. This week, I'll let my mind wander to the beaches of Hawaii. Sigh...

Lorrie
  • sinee
    sinee Member Posts: 196 Member
    Options

Hey Ladies,
    I'm starting week 3 as well. Looks like we're all in it for the long haul. This week, I'll let my mind wander to the beaches of Hawaii. Sigh...

Lorrie

just checking in
    Haven't started my Rads yet, but will keep you posted, maybe someone else will start at the same time. Had to have a tooth extracted this past week, and the Dentist only got half of it out, so back tomorrow to get the rest. Hopefully. Just wanted to say Hi to all. Will be back in when I get the news to start rads. or I will call the doc. and find out when I start. So far just got the measured and tattoo's done. The sooner it starts the sooner it's over right? Love you all thanks for being here. Sinee
  • mamolady
    mamolady Member Posts: 796 Member
    Options

Hey Ladies,

Lorrie

Bob Marley
    Lorrie, you know I told the techs a little Bob Marley would help keep the whole tropical vacation thing going but they only switched to jazz.......
    I do wear my hawaiian scrub tops though.... Off I go for number 9.

Cindy
  • lexyloohoo
    lexyloohoo Member Posts: 4
    Options

info on breast & thryoid
    Hi Lexyloohoo...just wondering about the thyroid treatment you mentioned while going through rads...I have to have a right disection (had tt in 2009) as it's now in my lymph nodes.
    I also finish rads tomorrow....(Yeah).

Just wondering what you were able to do during rad treatment...did you have RAI?

Thx

RAI
    Hello I had RAI on the 20th and full body scan on the 27th. Was so glad I was able to do both and get it done. Since today is last day of rads today is my graduation day. The RAI was very simple and most of the precautions were for the first 24 hrs. I was given a list of what I could and could not do from the hospital rad dept. Each facility is different but biggest concern is first 24-48 hrs. Was overly cautious though. Boarded the dogs and my husband and daughter went on a daddy daughter weekend away. Had pretty bad queezy stomach all weekend so glad I was alone. Not as bad as chemo but layed around the entire few days after. Was also glad to have the RAI during BC rads, had the Rad staff scan me to check my levels that Mon and Tues. Check out the Thyroid cancer section of this web site. It gave me alot of great info. Good luck with your treatment and at least for me not as bad as I thought it would be. The diet stunk but I am a dairy freak. Be creative and research local stores. I found I grocery store that used non-iodized salt and no dairy in their breads. Let me know if any other ques.

Glad your done with rads also!!! :). Good day to everybody.
  • BMS
    Options
    mamolady said:

Bob Marley
    Lorrie, you know I told the techs a little Bob Marley would help keep the whole tropical vacation thing going but they only switched to jazz.......
    I do wear my hawaiian scrub tops though.... Off I go for number 9.

Cindy

13 to go!
    Finished RAD #20 yesterday. I have 5 more regular RADS and 8 boosters to go. I will be done on June 17th, which is the same day as my son's 6th grade graduation. We'll be doing a lot of celebrating that night!

So far, a tiny rash, but nothing else and no fatigue!

And this Saturday I am doing the Susan G. Komen 5K in Washington, DC with 8 of my friends/family!

Bonnie
  • butterflylvr
    Options
    BMS said:

13 to go!
    Finished RAD #20 yesterday. I have 5 more regular RADS and 8 boosters to go. I will be done on June 17th, which is the same day as my son's 6th grade graduation. We'll be doing a lot of celebrating that night!

So far, a tiny rash, but nothing else and no fatigue!

And this Saturday I am doing the Susan G. Komen 5K in Washington, DC with 8 of my friends/family!

Bonnie

Bonnie you rock girl,
    You are doing so well, I just completed RAD #10. June 18th is my nephews graduation party, I'll have a beer in your honor then. No burns huh? That is awesome of course those nasty boosters are the worst. I can't wait to hear how you do during those. Good luck in your walk this weekend I am so proud of you.

Hugs,
    Lorrie
  • sinee
    sinee Member Posts: 196 Member
    Options

Bonnie you rock girl,
    You are doing so well, I just completed RAD #10. June 18th is my nephews graduation party, I'll have a beer in your honor then. No burns huh? That is awesome of course those nasty boosters are the worst. I can't wait to hear how you do during those. Good luck in your walk this weekend I am so proud of you.

Hugs,
    Lorrie

1st Rads
    At last I have a date for my first Rads. June 7th at 10:30. I will go in tomorrow June 2nd for the walk through....or Dry Run as they called it.
    I think that is supposed to help me be less nervous on June 7th~silly people. Being here on this page has made it less nerve racking for sure. So a big thank you to all that are so giving and honest in sharing. Busy weekend with the Relay for Life, friends visiting from Boston. Then on Monday the oral surgery, not fun no matter what~and then Tuesday the 1st Rads...Summer is here in full swing and it hit 90 today. phew. Well, I am just going on and on. Later friends. Glad to meet all of you wonderful inspiring women~Bless you~Sinee