What state or part of the country

Options

Comments

• Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    meena1 said:

I am from Philadelphia, Pa.
    I am from Philadelphia, Pa. Hot here in the City of Brotherly Love!!

Maryland
    Meena, you are right up Interstate 95, about an hour, from me (in Maryland).
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

Pensacola, Florida checking in
    I hate this place. I am only here because the wonderful husband I have is stationed here in the Navy. I'm from Indianapolis originally, but I would prefer to be living anywhere where it's cold and snowy. I hate this heat.

Lighthouse I live near you
    Lighthouse I live near you just over the bridge. Lived in San Antonio twice, total 8 years when I was a kid! also in Gainsville Florida.
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options

Pensacola, Florida checking in
    I hate this place. I am only here because the wonderful husband I have is stationed here in the Navy. I'm from Indianapolis originally, but I would prefer to be living anywhere where it's cold and snowy. I hate this heat.

I'm in Indiana too, and I
    I'm in Indiana too, and I will trade you a cold, icy, snowy, below wind-chill winter in Indiana for a hot sticky humid Florida summer anytime!!
  • jessiesmom1
    jessiesmom1 Member Posts: 915 Member
    Options

I'm in Indiana too, and I
    I'm in Indiana too, and I will trade you a cold, icy, snowy, below wind-chill winter in Indiana for a hot sticky humid Florida summer anytime!!

Where Are You From?
    I live in Campbell, CA. That is about 45 miles south of San Francisco. This is the heart of the area known as the Silicon Valley. It is a 30 minute drive to the beach in Santa Cruz and about a 2 hour drive to the Napa/Sonoma Wine Country. Generally the weather here is wonderful. Today it was about 75 degrees - slightly below normal. It will cool off to about 55 tonite.
  • Different Ballgame
    Different Ballgame Member Posts: 868
    Options
    Park Ridge, IL (N/W suburb of Beautiful Chicago)
    Wanda,

I find it so difficult to believe that the population of Chicago and suburbs has only 1 person from Fox Lake and one person (me) from Park Ridge on this site, unless there are others who are from this location but who choose to read only and not post.

Janelle
  • pie
    pie Member Posts: 19
    Options

Wanda,

I find it so difficult to believe that the population of Chicago and suburbs has only 1 person from Fox Lake and one person (me) from Park Ridge on this site, unless there are others who are from this location but who choose to read only and not post.

Janelle

suburb of Chicago
    Janelle,
    I also live in the NW suburbs in little Cary. It is a neighbor of Barrington. Where are you going to get your treatments? In what stage of treatment are you in? I am going to have my surgery at Northwestern Memorial in Chicago. No date set yet. Hope to hear from you.
  • Flakey_Flake
    Flakey_Flake Member Posts: 130
    Options
    Between here and there
    Wanda, draw a line half way between the equater and the north pole. I am about forty miles north of that line, in Wisconsin. Very rural, but trying to be accessaible. The rural is dying. The professional are buying off the land, and try to make it rural for tax purposes. Don't need many cows to be a farm. Or many trees to br an orchard. Walll Street hits everywhere, huh?

I prefer rural to cities. Cities are way too noisy and complicated. I like things simple and easy. Don't know if I am just lazy or smart.

Sharon
  • jennytwist
    jennytwist Member Posts: 896
    Options

Between here and there
    Wanda, draw a line half way between the equater and the north pole. I am about forty miles north of that line, in Wisconsin. Very rural, but trying to be accessaible. The rural is dying. The professional are buying off the land, and try to make it rural for tax purposes. Don't need many cows to be a farm. Or many trees to br an orchard. Walll Street hits everywhere, huh?

I prefer rural to cities. Cities are way too noisy and complicated. I like things simple and easy. Don't know if I am just lazy or smart.

Sharon

20 minutes north of...
    Denver, Colorado!

-Jenny
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    carkris said:

Lighthouse I live near you
    Lighthouse I live near you just over the bridge. Lived in San Antonio twice, total 8 years when I was a kid! also in Gainsville Florida.

Carkris
    That is such a coincidence! I was just wondering if anyone lived in Mass! Hello fellow Cape Codder.
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options

Wanda,

Janelle

Janelle,
    I agree, I just

Janelle,
    I agree, I just found someone who lives quite near me! Thanks this is fun.
    Wanda
  • heidijez
    heidijez Member Posts: 441
    Options
    pie said:

suburb of Chicago
    Janelle,
    I also live in the NW suburbs in little Cary. It is a neighbor of Barrington. Where are you going to get your treatments? In what stage of treatment are you in? I am going to have my surgery at Northwestern Memorial in Chicago. No date set yet. Hope to hear from you.

not that far from me. . .
    it's about 35 min to cary from twin lakes. . .i had my first cancer surgery in 1982 at good shepherd hospital in barrington!
  • heidijez
    heidijez Member Posts: 441
    Options

Between here and there

Sharon

where in wisconsin, flakey flake?
    i decided to re-read this thread and saw that you live in wisconsin too
  • GrandmaMir
    GrandmaMir Member Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    a1axelady said:

Southern Indiana
    I dont post much but read all your posts. You all have given me a ton of advise and great websites for resources. Appreciate you all. Lots of Texas, California and east coast here. Anyone near me?

Dena

Indiana Too
    I live in Indianapolis - today it's 92!

Miriam
  • Richs_princess
    Richs_princess Member Posts: 1
    Options

Wanda,

Janelle

I'm new here too. I'm in
    I'm new here too. I'm in Oak Forest, IL.
  • missingtexas
    missingtexas Member Posts: 146
    Options
    Ashland Kentuky
    Just moved to Kentucky from Georgetown TX (near Austin)...getting treated in Pittsburgh PA. Pittsburgh is my hometown and where my family is.
  • kjrpcb
    kjrpcb Member Posts: 41
    Options
    San Diego, California
    Cooling down a bit. Thank goodness.
  • QuiltingMama123
    QuiltingMama123 Member Posts: 124
    Options
    Dayton, Ohio
    Anyone near Dayton? Actually, I live just north of it In Vandalia. Cold and icy in the winter, hot and sticky in the summer.

I grew up in Geneva, New York - in the Finger Lakes region.
  • Chevy120
    Chevy120 Member Posts: 4
    Options
    HOTLANTA

I'm from Atlanta Georgia,and boy is it hot here!
  • bakerette
    bakerette Member Posts: 74
    Options

Indiana Too
    I live in Indianapolis - today it's 92!

Miriam

Hey Indiana people,
    That's

Hey Indiana people,
    That's where my family is from. My Dad's family is from Indianapolis and my Mom's is from Auburn. They moved up here when G.E. wanted my dad to help start the Holland, MI factory here. I was born here in Holland, MI and we live here still.
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    Options
    I'm in the Springs
    I'm in Colorado Springs and it's really hot today - 97, fortunately we don't have humidity.