Just when I thought it was safe to go back in the water, I was bitten by Jaws! So to speak...

Options
12346»

Comments

• MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    JUST ASK...........
    and ye shall receive............POSITIVE thoughts, prayers and hugs coming your way.........
    Peace be with you
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    God Bless
    Dear Chen,
    I am so sorry to hear what you're going through. This has been a place for me to go to when I'm sad, when I'm angry, or when I'm happy and you always are there with great advise.
    A lot of times I don't post but I always read and learn so much. I feel like I know you all and my heart aches for you.
    I know there are tons of prayers out there for you and please know that I have just added one more.
  • karinna
    karinna Member Posts: 42
    Options

God Bless
    Dear Chen,
    I am so sorry to hear what you're going through. This has been a place for me to go to when I'm sad, when I'm angry, or when I'm happy and you always are there with great advise.
    A lot of times I don't post but I always read and learn so much. I feel like I know you all and my heart aches for you.
    I know there are tons of prayers out there for you and please know that I have just added one more.

Dear Chen, dear Claudia,
    I

Dear Chen, dear Claudia,
    I am new to this board, started with you all in May. But in that short time I had already come to care about you and so many others. I could tell that you have been an inspiration to so many pink warriors and all these comments are a glorious testimony to how you have touched their hearts for years. God bless you, you dear woman. I, like the others, have cried for you and wanted to be able to reach out and give you a hug. How kind of you to think of us, be concerned for us, as you go through this struggle. But we are here for you. You WILL be victorious. I will keep you in my prayers.

By the way, I can't say enough good things about the Cancer Treatment Centers of America. They flew me back and forth for my chemo although I did daily radiation locally. They are the best.

Blessings,
    Karinna
  • maryjanice
    maryjanice Member Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

Valuable Life Lesson For ALL of Us!
    Sweetest Family~

Believe me, aside from the obvious~the unknown, the fear, the battle ahead, etc etc, there is something I really NEED to say to all of you~ especially the newer ones among us.

I know how frightening is is to read about a recurrance; try as we might to push it out of our psyche, it is just there, isn't it? Especially with someone like me, not that I am in any way special, that is not at all what I meant. But I do know that being 7 years from my original dx made me a touch-stone of sorts...if Chen is still here and posting 7 years later,and is healthy and having fun, there is hope for us all! The flip side I know has made many of you afraid that it is NEVER behind us,and that saddens me for you.

I am not fatalistic, nor do I want you to be. But, if you value me at all, I have a request. Take from what is happening to me, and LIVE! Don't pass up the chance to be kind, to smile at strangers, to tell your kids, partners, spouses, moms you love them. That phone call you know you should make, but haven't had the time to? Make it today! Jump in a mud-puddle with your kids, let your youngest put make-up on your face or stick velcro bows all over your bald head. Make memories that are filled with as much laughter as you can!
    Why? NOT because you have a death-sentence, or that, 7 years later you may have mets, but because you are alive today! And even when you live to be 100, won't it be awesome to have built a life-time of loving, smile-filled memories to add to the drama of life?

I have often said that I am not a Pollyanna, and that is still true. I am scared, and wondering how everything is going to go. But, I love all of you, and don't want to add anything negative to my sisters here, especially the new ones to the family.

I know I am rambling, and the words aren't flowing as smoothly as I'd like, but I hope you understand what I am trying to say to all of you.

Today is all we have; try and make it a good one. Even though the fear.

Hugs,
    Chen♥

chen
    you are special like you were to terry and me call terry we love you
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options

chen
    you are special like you were to terry and me call terry we love you

Hi MJ! It's been a long
    Hi MJ! It's been a long time! I am not in such shock/disbelief anymore~ I promise I will call Terrry SOON! Thanks for posting; I appreciate it!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    taleena said:

Dearest Kindred Spirit... a
    Dearest Kindred Spirit... a wise woman you are...and it is NOT your body that is 50' tall.... but rather YOUR HEART. To address the fear that you know a lot of us are feeling, hearing about your news. What selflessness there is in you... I have told you once my friend... I have told you more than that, so I'll say it again... when I grow up... I want to be like you!

You are right... we need to embrace this life on a daily basis... even if at times it is moment by moment rather than day by day.

Afraid... isn't that the part of this treacherous ride? You have every right and reason to be afraid.. be an ostrich for a while if need be... you do exactly what is right for you... isn't that what you have often told us?

I hope you don't mind and if so, will forgive me... but I came across something that a woman who is very special to me wrote and I thought that maybe you should see it again... my very dear friend..

Who of us can really know

Directions that the wind may blow?

I sailed along, I made my plans

But now I'm in unchartered land

But am I lost? Or am I found?

The fear I feel~Don't let me drown!

I need the touch of those I love

Yet I seek quiet time for me

I want the laughter and the noise

But seek peace and serenity

I'll sail along and ride each wave

I'll be afraid, yet I'll be brave

The feelings of both fear and hope

With friends who care and help me cope

I know that I am so enveloped

With courage as yet undeveloped....

For those who don't know, this was written by our dear Chenheart..and yes we will all be here... being whatever it is you need us to be ... for you!

♥ with heartfelt hugs,

~T

I'll Sail Along and Ride Each Wave
    T, thank you for posting this poem. It says a lot about you as well as the poet.

Claudia, you've been sailing and riding the waves joyfully and fearlessly for as long as I've known you, and before. Very few people live the healthy and pure and whole life that you share with your Reggie. Mind, body, and spirit--you and he are strong separately, and even stronger together. You are warriors. You will win years ahead to live and to love and to share your gifts with others.

I believe in you, 50-Foot Woman. I hope you can feel the positive thoughts sent to you from every direction.
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181
    Options
    Chen
    Oh It breaks my heart to hear this.You lifted me up so many times when I was going through my Cancer.Just please know we love you,and care deaply about you.You are in my Prayers.We are here for you.God Bless you my friend. Love and prayers. Pat.
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181
    Options
    Chen
    Oh It breaks my heart to hear this.You lifted me up so many times when I was going through my Cancer.Just please know we love you,and care deaply about you.You are in my Prayers.We are here for you.God Bless you my friend. Love and prayers. Pat.
  • HeartofSoul
    HeartofSoul Member Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    karinna said:

Dear Chen, dear Claudia,
    I

Dear Chen, dear Claudia,
    I am new to this board, started with you all in May. But in that short time I had already come to care about you and so many others. I could tell that you have been an inspiration to so many pink warriors and all these comments are a glorious testimony to how you have touched their hearts for years. God bless you, you dear woman. I, like the others, have cried for you and wanted to be able to reach out and give you a hug. How kind of you to think of us, be concerned for us, as you go through this struggle. But we are here for you. You WILL be victorious. I will keep you in my prayers.

By the way, I can't say enough good things about the Cancer Treatment Centers of America. They flew me back and forth for my chemo although I did daily radiation locally. They are the best.

Blessings,
    Karinna

Ive heard many things about
    Ive heard many things about Cancer Treatment Centers of America and its a very mixed review with as many buyer beware warning and complaints as successful and satisfied patients. I suggest a thorough review of their business model and how they operate before deciding.
  • chenheart
    Options

From all of us here in the
    From all of us here in the CSN community, we want to share a special song and its inspirational lyrics with you. The song is by Phil Collins & is called "Come With Me"
    If you go to the url below, you'll see a live performance of the song and as your watching and listening to the song, think of all of us on stage singing the song to you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bHIqdo2V7w

“Come With Me” by Phil Collins

Lyrics
    I'll try to make the sunshine brighter for you
    I will even play the fool if it makes you smile
    I'll try to make you laugh if there's a tear in your eye
    After all is said
    After all is done
    I'll do anything for you.

Come with me, close your eyes
    Hold my hands, it'll be alright
    Don't be scared, don't be shy
    Lift your head it's going be alright.

I'll try to make the star shine brighter for you
    And I'll take you on my shoulders, hold you way up high
    I'll even chase the rainbow hanging in the sky
    Cause after all is said
    After all is done
    I'll do anything for you

Hold my hand, it'll be alright
    Lift your head it's going be alright

Through the eyes of innocence
    You will find, you will see
    There'll come a time it all makes sense
    And you won't know, but it will show inside, deep inside

Lift your head it's going to be alright

I'll try to make the days last longer for you
    From the daybreak, 'til the sunset, 'til the end of time
    I'll keep you safe, away from the heartache
    Cause when all is said
    And when all is done
    I'd do anything for you

Lift your head it's going be alright.

Heart of Soul

I don't know how I missed
    I don't know how I missed this Phil Collins song~ I have loved Genesis since its time with Peter Gabriel, onto Phil, and then Phil's solo career...I have many of his CDs, but not one with this wonderful song on it! I loved the YuTube video, as well!
    Thank you for posting this, HeartOfSoul; it is really beautiful and I needed it today.

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Christine Louise
    Christine Louise Member Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Bumping up this thread for
    Bumping up this thread for Laura
  • cavediver
    cavediver Member Posts: 607
    Options
    chenheart said:

Valuable Life Lesson For ALL of Us!
    Sweetest Family~

Believe me, aside from the obvious~the unknown, the fear, the battle ahead, etc etc, there is something I really NEED to say to all of you~ especially the newer ones among us.

I know how frightening is is to read about a recurrance; try as we might to push it out of our psyche, it is just there, isn't it? Especially with someone like me, not that I am in any way special, that is not at all what I meant. But I do know that being 7 years from my original dx made me a touch-stone of sorts...if Chen is still here and posting 7 years later,and is healthy and having fun, there is hope for us all! The flip side I know has made many of you afraid that it is NEVER behind us,and that saddens me for you.

I am not fatalistic, nor do I want you to be. But, if you value me at all, I have a request. Take from what is happening to me, and LIVE! Don't pass up the chance to be kind, to smile at strangers, to tell your kids, partners, spouses, moms you love them. That phone call you know you should make, but haven't had the time to? Make it today! Jump in a mud-puddle with your kids, let your youngest put make-up on your face or stick velcro bows all over your bald head. Make memories that are filled with as much laughter as you can!
    Why? NOT because you have a death-sentence, or that, 7 years later you may have mets, but because you are alive today! And even when you live to be 100, won't it be awesome to have built a life-time of loving, smile-filled memories to add to the drama of life?

I have often said that I am not a Pollyanna, and that is still true. I am scared, and wondering how everything is going to go. But, I love all of you, and don't want to add anything negative to my sisters here, especially the new ones to the family.

I know I am rambling, and the words aren't flowing as smoothly as I'd like, but I hope you understand what I am trying to say to all of you.

Today is all we have; try and make it a good one. Even though the fear.

Hugs,
    Chen♥

this new one is encouraged by you
    Chen, you are and will always be our hero. Even us newbies, understand from reading this board that their are no guarantees...we are fighting the battle and hope to win and never have to do battle a second time. But we understand that each day we have is a gift...and your words have brought that home to us even stronger. You have not scared us...but will make us even stronger and appreciate family, friends, our pink sisters, and life that much more and hopefully make us all better people for the experience. Now, we think of you and offer you support as you face this second battle. We love you!
  • sausageroll
    sausageroll Member Posts: 415
    Options

Bumping up this thread for
    Bumping up this thread for Laura

Dear Chen
    I don't pop in often...I should. I know these are really hard times for you and those of us who care for you. I think it is wonderful that you have Reggie...I hope that someone is there to give him help when timmes are bad. I know from "being there" that spouses or partners of cancer patients are often the forgotten ones. These next few months will be difficult ones...but with your strength..you will get through. We all know that what we dread most can happen..we also know that here we have friends who can help us through.
    I just hope you know that I will think of you every night and keep you in my heart.
  • chenheart
    Options

Dear Chen
    I don't pop in often...I should. I know these are really hard times for you and those of us who care for you. I think it is wonderful that you have Reggie...I hope that someone is there to give him help when timmes are bad. I know from "being there" that spouses or partners of cancer patients are often the forgotten ones. These next few months will be difficult ones...but with your strength..you will get through. We all know that what we dread most can happen..we also know that here we have friends who can help us through.
    I just hope you know that I will think of you every night and keep you in my heart.

Thank you for your kind
    Thank you for your kind words, sausage! I also appreciate what you said about Reggie; I can already see the worry in his eyes. I try and keep him busy with "other things"~ encouraging him to golf with his buddies, and ride his bike etc to re-occupy his mind and burn off some nervous energy!

I know I am not the only one going through health related scares... we have the newly diagnosed ones, those going in for check ups and scans, as well as those of us with recurrances. None of us wanted to meet here, that's for sure! But let me say that I am so grateful that I have so many of you helping me to once again maneuver the road to Life After Cancer!

Hugs,
    Chen♥