Just when I thought it was safe to go back in the water, I was bitten by Jaws! So to speak...

Options

Comments

• KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    My dear sweet chen, my arms are around you.....
    can you feel them?

ANYTHING I can do, don't hesitate to ask....

And remember, hope is a strong medicine...we are all taking each step with you, with hope and love!

Hugs and prayers, Kathi
  • Skeezie
    Skeezie Member Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    pattimc said:

I can't believe what I read...
    Oh, Chen, I am so deeply and profoundly sorry that this beast has come back. It is the fear that we all live with but you'd think after 7 years that it would just go away....

Sending you blessings, love, hugs, and positive thoughts. Your are the epitome of a Pink Warrior and are an inspiration to many.

Stay strong my Pink Sister.

Love, Patti

I'm at a loss for words (well, not actually but if I
    wrote what I'm thinking Greta would ban me for life). Who would think after seven years! Perhaps the gall bladder surgery was a blessing because it brought this to light sooner?

Is it time to bring back your 10 foot woman? If not the avitar, the spirit? You have so many pink warriors on this board who love you so much that hopefully all of our prayers along with the multitude of your "outside civilian" friends prayers will scare the poop right out of the beast and it will run for cover as fast as it can.

In the meantime, my heart aches for you going thru this a second time. I am praying for strength for you and a fast recovery!

Love, Judy :-)
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    Chen... dearest Claudia...
    Chen... dearest Claudia... words fail me... You are such an inspiration to so many... Susan is so right, I do not know how many times I have repeated the words that you have said. From the first time that I signed on this site you were there... right there... inspiring.. encouraging... giving of yourself so freely to so many! Even though I read in the back ground, seldom participating in the boards lately, I see you there... continuingly giving of yourself, your wisdom and compasion... it will come back to you one hundred fold.

Please know that these words come straight from the heart... you are a hero! You are warrior... you are a winner... and you will beat this damnable beast... and I will be here... with all of those who have come to love you... to allow you a place to lean, a place to draw comfort, a place to encourage you through and finally to celebrate your victory when you once again kick it's a**~!

heartfelt hugs, and ♥

~T
  • ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I also had to read this
    I also had to read this twice. I heard myself saying no, no way!! Asking God isn't once enough for her or any of us to have to go thru this crap. Chen my heart goes out to you. You have been and are an inspiration to me and so many others. You will win, you have won.

Thank God for Reggie, much love to you Reggie.

Chen is getting bad news from the doc, and she feels bad for the doctor. Now that is a true sign of much love within the heart.

Big hugs to you and Reggie
    Jennifer
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    KathiM said:

My dear sweet chen, my arms are around you.....
    can you feel them?

ANYTHING I can do, don't hesitate to ask....

And remember, hope is a strong medicine...we are all taking each step with you, with hope and love!

Hugs and prayers, Kathi

To all of my sweet sisters!
    My Reggie is so amazing, scared as he is~ he says I need to stand up to this a bit taller and be the 51 foot woman! We are still in shock and awe mode, as you can imagine. I am in a fair amount of pain, and of course waiting for grrrrrr insurance approval for the PET scan and subsequent treatment. I am confidant that I will get the approval and start soon. If not, Reggie is willing to sell all of our worldly goods and do whatever necessary to make sure I get what I need to battle this successfully.

Wouldn't you know that my hairdresser, who makes housecalls, gave me a kicky new summer cut just 2 hours before I went to the Dr? All I could think about was losing my hair to chemo! How utterly female, huh?!

We had plans to go away this weekend, and with no restrictions while we await approval, the Dr said there is no reason we should not go. It's about a 2 hour drive away, in a beautiful, mountain area with cabins and crisp, sweet air. We are meeting friends there and hopefully I can put the Big News out of the forfront of my mind and relax just a bit...

Thank you all for your words; honestly I hoped never to have them apply to me~ but of course none of us ever wanted to be here in the first place, did we? You give me strength, you understand my fear, and you will just allow m to be who I need to be throughout this scary journey. Thank you so, so, much. I needed you all so much!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • 2Floridiansisters
    2Floridiansisters Member Posts: 384 Member
    Options

I also had to read this
    I also had to read this twice. I heard myself saying no, no way!! Asking God isn't once enough for her or any of us to have to go thru this crap. Chen my heart goes out to you. You have been and are an inspiration to me and so many others. You will win, you have won.

Thank God for Reggie, much love to you Reggie.

Chen is getting bad news from the doc, and she feels bad for the doctor. Now that is a true sign of much love within the heart.

Big hugs to you and Reggie
    Jennifer

I am so sorry this is happening
    I don't really know you Claudia but I sure know you don't deserve this. My heart goes out to you and this wonderful sounding person named Reggie, what a doll. You will be in my prayers. You have a great time this weekend, it sounds like a beautiful area, enjoy the moment.

Love Ronda
  • waffle8
    waffle8 Member Posts: 234
    Options
    Words
    Not very good at finding the right words but my heart goes out to you at this difficult time....Praying for you....
  • MGNS
    MGNS Member Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear of this
    So sorry to hear of this news. Know that all of us are praying for you. Stay strong. Love and hugs to a dear sister.
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    Options
    MGNS said:

So sorry to hear of this
    So sorry to hear of this news. Know that all of us are praying for you. Stay strong. Love and hugs to a dear sister.

Chen, i am so sad to read
    Chen, i am so sad to read this. I also was just diagnosed with mets to my liver, we will be going through this together. I was having alot of pain, assumed it was my gallbladder and here it was my liver. If you saw my recent post, my insurance company denied my chemo treatment yesterday. They did not let me know why, so i am fighting with them today. I hope that you have better luck then me, please let me know, you can pm me also. Know that i love you and that we will both fight this and win. Oh chen, i cannot believe this.
  • 1surfermom
    1surfermom Member Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    MGNS said:

So sorry to hear of this

My Heart is breaking for you
    Oh Claudia,
    I am sending you very positive thoughts and prayers. You have helped me and countless others with your strength, wisdom and your incredible ability to write the most profound and heartfelt comments.I am so bummed that you have to endure the misery again it just isn't right that someone so kind and generous has to battle the beast once more. If you need anything I am only 2 hours away in SoCal, my oncological surgeon is also a liver specailist so if you would like his name or to dicuss his credentials just P.M. me. Love you Surf.
  • jk1952
    jk1952 Member Posts: 613
    Options

My Heart is breaking for you
    Oh Claudia,
    I am sending you very positive thoughts and prayers. You have helped me and countless others with your strength, wisdom and your incredible ability to write the most profound and heartfelt comments.I am so bummed that you have to endure the misery again it just isn't right that someone so kind and generous has to battle the beast once more. If you need anything I am only 2 hours away in SoCal, my oncological surgeon is also a liver specailist so if you would like his name or to dicuss his credentials just P.M. me. Love you Surf.

Claudia, you have been such

Claudia, you have been such an inspiration to so many, and have always shared so many words of wisdom. We will be with you in spirit as you go through these treatments and you fight this new battle.

Joyce
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    ~HUGS~HUGS~HUGS~HUGS~HUGS~HUGS~HUGS~HUGS~
    Claudia when I read this last night on FB I felt as if someone had sucker punched me! I hate the word hate but I do hate cancer. It is such a sneaky nasty little beast. I want you to know you are of great value not just to Reggie but quite obviously to all us warrior women on this board. I truly wish none of us had a cause to be here but since we do I am grateful for each of you especially you Claudia who so freely gives of yourself to aide others. Yes you have a battle ahead of you, go into it knowing we are all surrounding you with our love virtually, envision the positive thoughts, prayers, hugs and such that are being lifted for our 50 foot woman. There is no shame in momentary break downs as you adjust to such unforeseen news, cry all you need to it helps to cleanse the soul and renew your strength. I am so glad you have Reggie, I believe he will be your strong hold in this upcoming storm please thank him for us. Thank you Chen~Heart for letting us help you through this, now relax as much as possible, take some deep breaths and try to find something to distract you for a bit, something that will lift your spirit.

Love to my friend,

RE
  • rrogers34
    rrogers34 Member Posts: 135
    Options
    You can do it and we will be here for you
    You have been so wonderful about being here for all of us, we will be here for you too. I cant begin to imagine what you are going through. Stay strong. I have just started radiation and it is going well. I too am scared of reocurrance and mets and all that goes with it, but I also know that I can do it if I have to. God has been with me and will continue to be with me. He is there for you too. You are an amazing women whom we have all come to love and admire. I am sure I am not alone when I say, that we all wish we could just surround you with Hugs. You are being surrounded with support, love, and encouragement from your sisters in pink.

God Bless!
    Becky
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    rrogers34 said:

You can do it and we will be here for you
    You have been so wonderful about being here for all of us, we will be here for you too. I cant begin to imagine what you are going through. Stay strong. I have just started radiation and it is going well. I too am scared of reocurrance and mets and all that goes with it, but I also know that I can do it if I have to. God has been with me and will continue to be with me. He is there for you too. You are an amazing women whom we have all come to love and admire. I am sure I am not alone when I say, that we all wish we could just surround you with Hugs. You are being surrounded with support, love, and encouragement from your sisters in pink.

God Bless!
    Becky

You all have touched my
    You all have touched my heart more than you can even possibly imagine. I have, for a change, NO WORDS! Just know how much I appreciate all of you, and how hard it was for me to have to break this news to you...

Reggie and I had plans to go away this weekend, and as there is nothing I can do right now but wait for treatment authorization, rather than beingemotionally overwhelmed, we are going to spend some time together before the onslaught of scary Beast-Fighting stuff.

There is no cell service where we are going, and no computer...so my silence just means I am out of town! I will post agian either Sunday night or Monday morning.

Love to you all,
    Chen♥
  • Kgy
    Kgy Member Posts: 30
    Options
    chenheart said:

You all have touched my
    You all have touched my heart more than you can even possibly imagine. I have, for a change, NO WORDS! Just know how much I appreciate all of you, and how hard it was for me to have to break this news to you...

Reggie and I had plans to go away this weekend, and as there is nothing I can do right now but wait for treatment authorization, rather than beingemotionally overwhelmed, we are going to spend some time together before the onslaught of scary Beast-Fighting stuff.

There is no cell service where we are going, and no computer...so my silence just means I am out of town! I will post agian either Sunday night or Monday morning.

Love to you all,
    Chen♥

No words Just LOVE!
    Chen,

I have no words to express right now. JUST KNOW that you are LOVED by all of us!!!!

You are a truely amazing woman!

Kim
  • rrogers34
    rrogers34 Member Posts: 135
    Options
    chenheart said:

You all have touched my

Love to you all,
    Chen♥

You go and have a good time
    I am so happy to hear that you are going to get away. You and Reggie go and enjoy yourself at least for the weekend, "try" to put this in the back of your mind. Keep positive thoughts,
    smile, and know that the strength that brought you here and the compassion and determination that kept you here to encourage others, is the same strength, and determination that will get you through this again. You may have mets but they dont have you! Our prayers, go with you. As many have said before, there are no words to tell you what you have meant to all of us, and I truly beleive if it were possible, most of us would physically come to your side. You have given Sooooo much...... in my heart, you represent the CHIEF WARRIOR!

Lots and lots of good thoughts, prayers, hugs, coming your way.....
    God will never take you to, where he cannot take you through.
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Options
    I was sooooooooo upset when
    I was sooooooooo upset when I first read your post that I could not reply.

My prayers are with you. You are the strongest, wisest, most courageous person I know and I am so sorry this is happening to you again.

Sending lots of super supportive hugs.

Donna
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

I was sooooooooo upset when
    I was sooooooooo upset when I first read your post that I could not reply.

My prayers are with you. You are the strongest, wisest, most courageous person I know and I am so sorry this is happening to you again.

Sending lots of super supportive hugs.

Donna

I didnt use the D word I
    I didnt use the D word I used the F word. We will be here for you whatever you need. You will kick cancer's ****!!! You have inspired us all and we will be withyou and Reggie. No one needs to tell you how to embrace life, you always have and always do! We are embracing you withour collective strength.
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    Options
    carkris said:

I didnt use the D word I
    I didnt use the D word I used the F word. We will be here for you whatever you need. You will kick cancer's ****!!! You have inspired us all and we will be withyou and Reggie. No one needs to tell you how to embrace life, you always have and always do! We are embracing you withour collective strength.

I hope your treatment plan
    I hope your treatment plan is authorized. My insurance denied mine, my oncologist wants to give me avastin and Abraxane. They are sending me a copy of the denial but i am assuming it costs too much money. We can compare our treatment plans, take care...
  • greyhoundluvr
    greyhoundluvr Member Posts: 402
    Options
    Chen
    I can only echo what everyone has said - I also had to read it twice and it brought me to tears. I hope you and Reggie can have a peaceful weekend. In the meantime, know that we have all leaned on you many times and you have given us hope and inspiration. And while you continue to inspire, maybe for a little while, you can lean on us and we can all very willingly return the favor. You will be in my heart and prayers as you fight this beast again!

Chris