Just when I thought it was safe to go back in the water, I was bitten by Jaws! So to speak...

Options

Comments

• natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    Chen as I was getting ready
    Chen as I was getting ready to go to my 30th rads appointment, I turned on the computer saw your post on FB and said, "Oh No, I cannot believe this". My hubby wanted to know what was wrong and I told him.

You are the bravest of warriors and my thoughts are with you. You also have an army of prayer warriors in pink gear ready to fight this fight with you. May God bless you and all those near and dear. Sending hugs as we all go to battle with you.
  • Balentine
    Balentine Member Posts: 393
    Options
    natly15 said:

Chen as I was getting ready
    Chen as I was getting ready to go to my 30th rads appointment, I turned on the computer saw your post on FB and said, "Oh No, I cannot believe this". My hubby wanted to know what was wrong and I told him.

You are the bravest of warriors and my thoughts are with you. You also have an army of prayer warriors in pink gear ready to fight this fight with you. May God bless you and all those near and dear. Sending hugs as we all go to battle with you.

Chen and Meena my prayers are going out to you
    It is so disheartening to read these recurrences. Every day we log on to this network, we do so to support one another to get through and start looking for the light at the end of the tunnel, but when we hear it is starting all over again for one of our friends here, our hearts just drop and break. This is why our lives will never be the same and why we have to be stronger and more positive than those who have never known cancer in their lives. We cannot give in to it or give up. We have to trust God and know He is with us and never leaves our side. Please know I will be praying for the both of you as you go through this together and support one another and hold each other up to God in prayer as well. Please stay encouraged and continue to come here for support and for venting. We are all here to listen, to cry with you and also to strengthen and encourage you. May God bless you, give you strength, comfort and peace and heal each of us of this awful disease never to return again...in Jesus name I pray.
    Lorrie
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Hugs
    Dear Sweet Chen,

I am so sorry to hear the beast has come back into your life. You are a treasure to us here on CSN. Your insight and kind words are an inspiration to us all. As another Sister in Pink mentioned, you are a Warrior, Chen. We are all pulling for you and will keep you in our prayers.

I am glad Reggie is by your side, a faithful companion. I hope your get away provides you with renewed strength and determination as you prepare to do battle. Hugs to you and yours, Chen.

With Much Love,
    Ines
    AKA BL
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options

Hugs
    Dear Sweet Chen,

I am so sorry to hear the beast has come back into your life. You are a treasure to us here on CSN. Your insight and kind words are an inspiration to us all. As another Sister in Pink mentioned, you are a Warrior, Chen. We are all pulling for you and will keep you in our prayers.

I am glad Reggie is by your side, a faithful companion. I hope your get away provides you with renewed strength and determination as you prepare to do battle. Hugs to you and yours, Chen.

With Much Love,
    Ines
    AKA BL

Oh Dear Chen
    So very sorry, I can hardley type this for the tears running down my face. Lord knows you have been here for all of us. We will be here for you and Reggie. Just kick this cancer's ****. Lot's of love and hugs sent your way.
    Kathy
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    Kat11 said:

Oh Dear Chen
    So very sorry, I can hardley type this for the tears running down my face. Lord knows you have been here for all of us. We will be here for you and Reggie. Just kick this cancer's ****. Lot's of love and hugs sent your way.
    Kathy

This isn't right...this just isn't right.
    I also had to read your post twice, dear Claudia -- I'm in shock and so, so angry right now -- I'm thinking much stronger words than MyTurn used, so it's a good thing this board has a filter.

This just isn't right...you've done everything right. You put me to shame with how much you exercise, you eat right, took your pill for 5 years, have all your checkups....this is not right, and it's not fair.

I agree with everyone else that you've been such a strength for all of us on this board -- certainly for me -- so now let us be your strength. Lean on us, we're here, and we're not going anywhere.

Traci
  • lizzie17
    lizzie17 Member Posts: 548
    Options
    prayers
    I am sorry to hear your news. You are really strong and I have always sensed from your posts/comments that you are a true warrior in this battle. My prayers are with you.
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    Chen
    This is my 3rd time

Chen
    This is my 3rd time trying to post. I just want to say that my heart, my prayers, my every wish is for you. I was so upset that I cried and I rarely ever cry. I then brushed my tears off my face and realized that you dearheart are the queen of the warriors and you will be prevail. I have never seen anyone with your strong positive attitude. I know that as soon as the shock of this diagnosis wears off you will be in full fighting mode. You are always the rock for all of us and we will all be here for you whenever you need us. To vent, to cry, to encourage, just name it and we are there. And you have the blessing of your dear Reggie who will be there to support and love and care for you. I hate this disease and if we must have cancer why can't it be like measles or mumps (one time and that's it for life). So know my dear sister, that I am here, along with all the other warriors to give your our strength and love.
    Stef
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Options
    lizzie17 said:

prayers
    I am sorry to hear your news. You are really strong and I have always sensed from your posts/comments that you are a true warrior in this battle. My prayers are with you.

Dear Chen, This is not fair.
    Dear Chen, This is not fair. I've heard over the years that life is not fair, that bad things happen to good people, and that's whats going on here. Sometimes we wonder what is really happening in our lives and why us. All I know is that we do what we have to do to stay the course and get thru whatever it is that is thrown at us. You are one of the strongest and most supportive woman I know here on the boards and you've been here for all of us. I can't put into words how much we care about you and wish this wasn't happening to you. You will get your fight back and you will overcome this beast once again. You've had the wind knocked out of you but you'll come back stronger and more determined to beat this than ever before. You have so much going for you and we're here for you, as you've been here for all of us. Hope you have a good weekend, recharge your batteries, then form your battle plan and go for it. We're running right beside you and when you fall down, we'll pick you up. You can count on us as we've been able to count on you. Our prayers and thoughts are with you, dear sweet Chen. Hope you know how much you mean to all of us.
  • linpsu
    linpsu Member Posts: 747
    Options
    chenheart said:

To all of my sweet sisters!
    My Reggie is so amazing, scared as he is~ he says I need to stand up to this a bit taller and be the 51 foot woman! We are still in shock and awe mode, as you can imagine. I am in a fair amount of pain, and of course waiting for grrrrrr insurance approval for the PET scan and subsequent treatment. I am confidant that I will get the approval and start soon. If not, Reggie is willing to sell all of our worldly goods and do whatever necessary to make sure I get what I need to battle this successfully.

Wouldn't you know that my hairdresser, who makes housecalls, gave me a kicky new summer cut just 2 hours before I went to the Dr? All I could think about was losing my hair to chemo! How utterly female, huh?!

We had plans to go away this weekend, and with no restrictions while we await approval, the Dr said there is no reason we should not go. It's about a 2 hour drive away, in a beautiful, mountain area with cabins and crisp, sweet air. We are meeting friends there and hopefully I can put the Big News out of the forfront of my mind and relax just a bit...

Thank you all for your words; honestly I hoped never to have them apply to me~ but of course none of us ever wanted to be here in the first place, did we? You give me strength, you understand my fear, and you will just allow m to be who I need to be throughout this scary journey. Thank you so, so, much. I needed you all so much!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Hugs and Prayers
    Chen - I am so sorry to hear your news. I have tears running down my face right now, thinking of what you are going through right now. You have have been so supportive to all of your sisters here. Now it is our turn to put aside our issues and focus on you and send our hugs and prayers and positive thoughts to you. You are so strong and so brave.
    Linda
  • bjmom1
    bjmom1 Member Posts: 152
    Options
    chenheart said:

All of your thoughts and
    All of your thoughts and kinds words are soo meaningful~ I have tears running down my face. I truly felt sorry for the surgeon~ he really, really wanted to tell me that he needed to do an endoscopy and move those pesky gallstones from whatever duct they were hiding. To have to give me potentially much more devastating news was obviously difficult for him.

I hope to be Stronger Than and Not Angry At,as well as Doing What I Have To Do So I Can Do What I Want To Do....

I love you all, Kindred Spirits!
    Chen♥

In my prayer
    I will keep positive thought about you and make sure you are in my prayer. I am so sorry that you have to fight this monster again. We all have your back with positive engery and prayer.

Lots of Hugs
    Barbara
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Options
    fauxma said:

Chen
    This is my 3rd time

Chen
    This is my 3rd time trying to post. I just want to say that my heart, my prayers, my every wish is for you. I was so upset that I cried and I rarely ever cry. I then brushed my tears off my face and realized that you dearheart are the queen of the warriors and you will be prevail. I have never seen anyone with your strong positive attitude. I know that as soon as the shock of this diagnosis wears off you will be in full fighting mode. You are always the rock for all of us and we will all be here for you whenever you need us. To vent, to cry, to encourage, just name it and we are there. And you have the blessing of your dear Reggie who will be there to support and love and care for you. I hate this disease and if we must have cancer why can't it be like measles or mumps (one time and that's it for life). So know my dear sister, that I am here, along with all the other warriors to give your our strength and love.
    Stef

Like Stef...
    I couldn't come up with anything to say either. Moopy and I just cried. Even the dogs got worried. Obviously, the tidal wave of love and comfort you have bestowed upon all of us all this time is coming right back at you. You and Reggie have ridden the first storm out and you will ride this one out too. Our love and thoughts and prayers are constantly with you both.

Love,
    Joe and Lisa
  • KayNYC
    KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry
    Dear Chen (Claudia),
    I just read your post for the second time today. I am so sorry that you have to go through this again. I feel so sad.I felt my heart sink as I read it the second time, in disbelief. You have been so helpful and an inspiration to all of us, newbies on the boards. I am so glad that you have your Reggie by your side and that you will have a chance to get away and relax this weekend. Stay minful of the moment and enjoy and refuel in preparation for the all out attack on the invader.
    Please know that I am sending you truck loads of love, prayers and good thoughts as you fight against this monster invader. Please let us know how you are doing. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
    Hugs,
    K
  • Sher43009
    Sher43009 Member Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Aortus said:

Like Stef...
    I couldn't come up with anything to say either. Moopy and I just cried. Even the dogs got worried. Obviously, the tidal wave of love and comfort you have bestowed upon all of us all this time is coming right back at you. You and Reggie have ridden the first storm out and you will ride this one out too. Our love and thoughts and prayers are constantly with you both.

Love,
    Joe and Lisa

Chen, I am sooo sorry you
    Chen, I am sooo sorry you have to go through this again. You have a wonderful support system here so lean on us as we have leaned on you.

Prayers
    Sher
  • Hubby
    Hubby Member Posts: 325
    Options
    Hugs
    Hugs and prayers to you as you go through this.
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    Options
    Hubby said:

Hugs
    Hugs and prayers to you as you go through this.

Chen (Claudia), I have been so upset by your news, that I couldn't even share this with my husband. We have used your inspiration for so long to get through our own battle, and now I find myself just utterly angry at this whole cancer thing. You have been there for so many of us who struggled through diagnosis, treatment and survival, and just know that each and every one you have touched on this Board (and everywhere else in your life) will be sending you prayers and good wishes. They say that you are stronger in numbers, so you should have a multitude of strength to once again attack the beast. There is no fairness when it comes to cancer, and especially when a recurrence happens to someone who has given so much of herself to help heal the horrible wounds of others. We will all be by your side, no matter what comes next, and please know that you will be in the prayers of many you will never hear from through those of us who will spread the word of your needs. Be strong, my Kindred Spirit, and keep us posted. Hugs to you and Reggie, Judy
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Options
    Oh Chen
    Oh, Chen, I wish I had the right words to say or some uplifting phrase as you always do but words escape me. I am so sorry to hear the news. My heart sunk when I read your post on Facebook. I am hear for you, whatever you need. I am confident you will beat this thing. You are strong; you are a fighter; and you have a good heart. You know cancer hates all of those things. Take care of yourself and don't let this stop you from being that witty, clever, funny, beautiful person I know you to be.

P
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options

Our Dear Kindred Spirit...
    Damnable Beast!!! For all you have given so freely to so very many, for so long - you will get back tenfold. Even more than that. Heartfelt hopes & prayers, support & encouragement. Positive vibes, good thoughts, best wishes.

You have been, continue to, and always will be, an exquisite inspiration. An ultimate Pink Warrior. Now, we will inspire you. In spades.

I am truly heartbroken by this news. Yes, what we all fear. After seven years. Seven frickin' years...

You probably have no idea how many times your own perfect mantras - Be Stronger Than, Not Angry At and We Do What We Have To Do So We Can Do What We Want To Do - have been repeated by countless numbers of us here, countless times. I'll add another favorite - borrowed from our Irishwhispers: I Will Not Be Broken.

You Will Not Be Broken, dear Chen, dear Claudia.

We'll be here for you as you face this second battle. Just as you have been here for us. And we'll celebrate, too, when the Beast has again been beaten back into submission.

Sending loving, warm cyber hugs... And always with...

Kindest regards, 12/25

Dearest Chen...
    I have not been on here for quite awhile, that never means you are not all in my heart always...especially you chenheart, who as someone else has mentioned are the soul of this board. I miss you all and pray for you always. I have had quite a time lately with my son who has had a couple breakdowns with his schitzophrenia and is now hospitalized. I have been so very depressed and realized I need to be here with you all for awhile...then I saw your post and the tears started pouring, I am so sorry you are going through this, I will keep you in my prayers and I know what a survivor you are. I have faith that you will make it through this too although it breaks my heart that you have to.
    all of my love to you.
    Jackie
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options

Our Dear Kindred Spirit...
    Damnable Beast!!! For all you have given so freely to so very many, for so long - you will get back tenfold. Even more than that. Heartfelt hopes & prayers, support & encouragement. Positive vibes, good thoughts, best wishes.

You have been, continue to, and always will be, an exquisite inspiration. An ultimate Pink Warrior. Now, we will inspire you. In spades.

I am truly heartbroken by this news. Yes, what we all fear. After seven years. Seven frickin' years...

You probably have no idea how many times your own perfect mantras - Be Stronger Than, Not Angry At and We Do What We Have To Do So We Can Do What We Want To Do - have been repeated by countless numbers of us here, countless times. I'll add another favorite - borrowed from our Irishwhispers: I Will Not Be Broken.

You Will Not Be Broken, dear Chen, dear Claudia.

We'll be here for you as you face this second battle. Just as you have been here for us. And we'll celebrate, too, when the Beast has again been beaten back into submission.

Sending loving, warm cyber hugs... And always with...

Kindest regards, 12/25

Dearest Chen...
    I have not been on here for quite awhile, that never means you are not all in my heart always...especially you chenheart, who as someone else has mentioned are the soul of this board. I miss you all and pray for you always. I have had quite a time lately with my son who has had a couple breakdowns with his schitzophrenia and is now hospitalized. I have been so very depressed and realized I need to be here with you all for awhile...then I saw your post and the tears started pouring, I am so sorry you are going through this, I will keep you in my prayers and I know what a survivor you are. I have faith that you will make it through this too although it breaks my heart that you have to.
    all of my love to you.
    Jackie
  • lanie940
    lanie940 Member Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    In my area they do something
    In my area they do something called Radio frequency ablation in liver tumors. My oncology surgeon has been doing this for awhile. I wasn'r a candidate for his program on my breast cancer because it was too small, he needed at least 3 cms.
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    Dearest Chen,
    I have cried more since I read your post than I have since I was diagnosed last November. It's taken almost two days to be able to respond. You are our source of strength. Your words light the paths we walk. You are much loved and adored. You have touched our loves and hearts in a profound way. Now, we are here for you in any and every way possible.

With much love and many prayers,

Sue