Just when I thought it was safe to go back in the water, I was bitten by Jaws! So to speak...

Options

Comments

• mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    What the #@#$#$
    Claudia, I haven't been on the site in quite some time and I am speechless to come here and find this. I am really angry for you. You are the backbone of this site. This isn't fair. My heart is aching for you.
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    Liebe Claudia
    Ich weiss dass es nicht einfach sein kann. This news made me very sad. You have been such an inspiration to me.
    Ayse
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    I fell to my knees....
    literally! I can not believe (as many others) the shocking news! Now I am fighting that sinking feeling you get in the pit of your stomach....this just dropped me to my knees.
    But wait...
    Now I am holding a bottle of wine, that was given to me by a special person, that I just tagged "Chen ♥"!! It has been waiting for a very special ocassion to be opened!
    We will celebrate when NED gets back to you....deal?
    I hope you are away gaining your strength and not worried about responding back to us. Know that I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
    Lots of hugs and hope...Pammy
  • crselby
    crselby Member Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Shazbot
    The outpouring in response to your post is to be expected, since you have been a wonderful support for so many of us. A Fifty foot woman doesn't do anything half-way! You were the first one to respond to my first post back in October 2009 and you put my worry to rest. IMO, you always say just the right thing. I am a verbal clod and have envied your way to put people at ease and give them hope.

I pray you find your Hope. We are all lifting you up to the light so that this latest challenge will be easier than you expect and over with before you know it. You will forever be changed by this, but my wish is that you will be a richer, deeper, wiser Claudia when you come out the other side.

I carried a stone in my gall bladder duct for 8 years. It never 'showed up' on all the tests, but put me in the hospital with infection and pain twice. Eventually a doc saw it and removed it 3 years ago. I will NEVER complain about it again, because I will be reminded that I should be GLAD it was ONLY a gallstone.

Prayers, hugs, positive thoughts, in mass quantities....

~~Connie~~
  • Scotch Freckles
    Scotch Freckles Member Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

To all of my sweet sisters!
    My Reggie is so amazing, scared as he is~ he says I need to stand up to this a bit taller and be the 51 foot woman! We are still in shock and awe mode, as you can imagine. I am in a fair amount of pain, and of course waiting for grrrrrr insurance approval for the PET scan and subsequent treatment. I am confidant that I will get the approval and start soon. If not, Reggie is willing to sell all of our worldly goods and do whatever necessary to make sure I get what I need to battle this successfully.

Wouldn't you know that my hairdresser, who makes housecalls, gave me a kicky new summer cut just 2 hours before I went to the Dr? All I could think about was losing my hair to chemo! How utterly female, huh?!

We had plans to go away this weekend, and with no restrictions while we await approval, the Dr said there is no reason we should not go. It's about a 2 hour drive away, in a beautiful, mountain area with cabins and crisp, sweet air. We are meeting friends there and hopefully I can put the Big News out of the forfront of my mind and relax just a bit...

Thank you all for your words; honestly I hoped never to have them apply to me~ but of course none of us ever wanted to be here in the first place, did we? You give me strength, you understand my fear, and you will just allow m to be who I need to be throughout this scary journey. Thank you so, so, much. I needed you all so much!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

My Heart Goes Out To You
    I send you all the blessings and prayers from my heart and those of my galic ancestors.
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    Options
    Oh, Kindred Spirit
    I am saddned by this news. I, like many of the others have looked for ur kind words and encouragement. I always open ur post to see ur words of love and friendship, and I see this horrible news of return of the beast. Am sending prayers, love, hope, and hugs to u and Reggie to once again rise above, and swoop down to kill the beast. Rest and enjoy your family and friends this weekend, and know that we'll all be there for you, as you've been there for us. You can do this "51" foot woman : ) Positive energy, Gayla
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Katz77 said:

Oh, Kindred Spirit
    I am saddned by this news. I, like many of the others have looked for ur kind words and encouragement. I always open ur post to see ur words of love and friendship, and I see this horrible news of return of the beast. Am sending prayers, love, hope, and hugs to u and Reggie to once again rise above, and swoop down to kill the beast. Rest and enjoy your family and friends this weekend, and know that we'll all be there for you, as you've been there for us. You can do this "51" foot woman : ) Positive energy, Gayla

Chen
    Chen--I am at a loss of words as well.
    You and Reggie will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Hope you enjoyed your weekend together.

Many positive thoughts coming your way.

Margo
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Claudia........
    I am so sad that you are having to go through this....

Love you and sending hugs your way.

CR
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Options
    Information for those of us who walk the path of Stage IV
    Dear Chen,

I am very sorry to read you have joined our group of stage IV. There is a lot of hope and when I was newly diagnose, I went to the following web site that deal with stage IV diagnose. In his final report my surgeon who did my VATS biopsy stated I was studded with tumors in both lungs and the left pleura. There were no shortage of samples. I felt doomed until I began reading the following web sites. This forum is for the newly diagnose and we walk a different path.

The web forums dealing with metastasis breast cancer:

http://www.bcmets.org/

http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/8

http://www.inspire.com/groups/advanced-breast-cancer/new/active/

I like the first one best and it is the easiest to look up information. Use the search with the word or term you want, then it will give you hundreds of post. There is a button to request newest post as some stuff has changed since 2000.

My very best wishes to you beginning another journey. You do have lots of sisters walking the same walk ready to hold your hand through this next phase of living with metastasis.

Sirod
  • m-star
    m-star Member Posts: 441
    Options
    SIROD said:

Information for those of us who walk the path of Stage IV
    Dear Chen,

I am very sorry to read you have joined our group of stage IV. There is a lot of hope and when I was newly diagnose, I went to the following web site that deal with stage IV diagnose. In his final report my surgeon who did my VATS biopsy stated I was studded with tumors in both lungs and the left pleura. There were no shortage of samples. I felt doomed until I began reading the following web sites. This forum is for the newly diagnose and we walk a different path.

The web forums dealing with metastasis breast cancer:

http://www.bcmets.org/

http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/8

http://www.inspire.com/groups/advanced-breast-cancer/new/active/

I like the first one best and it is the easiest to look up information. Use the search with the word or term you want, then it will give you hundreds of post. There is a button to request newest post as some stuff has changed since 2000.

My very best wishes to you beginning another journey. You do have lots of sisters walking the same walk ready to hold your hand through this next phase of living with metastasis.

Sirod

How the hell did i miss this
    How the hell did i miss this thread???????

Oh Chen i am so sorry to hear your news.I really am lost for words.I have no idea what to say to comfort you and make things "better",except i am thinking of you and praying for you to beat this......

I had no idea BC could come back after that much time,and in the liver......

What has caused it to reappear??? Does it mean they never got rid of it fully in the 1st place??? I am so confused.

I am thinking of you and Reggie at this time and pray for you both to be given strength to fight.

Lots of love

Kay xxx
  • florist
    florist Member Posts: 45
    Options
    Chenheart, you have been
    Chenheart, you have been such an inspiration to me. When I was first diagnosed, you along with 2 or 3 others brought such comfort to me. I guess if we fight it once, we can fight it twice. Take care and know we are all thinking of you and are here for you, as you have been such a big part of our battle with this thing called cancer .
  • Nufferz
    Nufferz Member Posts: 55
    Options
    m-star said:

How the hell did i miss this
    How the hell did i miss this thread???????

Oh Chen i am so sorry to hear your news.I really am lost for words.I have no idea what to say to comfort you and make things "better",except i am thinking of you and praying for you to beat this......

I had no idea BC could come back after that much time,and in the liver......

What has caused it to reappear??? Does it mean they never got rid of it fully in the 1st place??? I am so confused.

I am thinking of you and Reggie at this time and pray for you both to be given strength to fight.

Lots of love

Kay xxx

Chen
    When I logged in, yours was the first post I read, and I can't tell you how sorry I am about the liver mets. :( You are a very strong woman and I know you're going to do everything you can to kick the cancer again! Hugs and prayers coming your way.
    {{{{hugs}}}}

Nuff
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    florist said:

Chenheart, you have been
    Chenheart, you have been such an inspiration to me. When I was first diagnosed, you along with 2 or 3 others brought such comfort to me. I guess if we fight it once, we can fight it twice. Take care and know we are all thinking of you and are here for you, as you have been such a big part of our battle with this thing called cancer .

Oh my Kindred
    Oh my Kindred Spirits!

Reggie and I just got back from our weekend away~ and I am still in kind of a state of denial. though we know that soon the battle will begin.
    I have not heard back from the insurance companay as to approval to even get the PET scan~ if I don't hear something tomorrow morning, I know I am going to be on the phone putting some GRRRRRRR in Girl-Power! Though chemo and a new port and all of the side-effects, etc scare me, knowing that I actually have cancer in my liver which is SILL THERE makes me want to jump out of my skin!

I hope I am as strong as the words I have used to encourage all of you...if not, I am going to take all of you up on the offer of "leaning"; if you feel some unexpected pressure on your shoulders, it's just me!

Thank you so much for everything; you have touched my heart with all of your kind words to me. I will never, ever underestimate them, or any of you, I promise.

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • chenheart
    Options
    florist said:

Chenheart, you have been

Oh my Kindred
    Oh my Kindred Spirits!

Sigh~ double post!
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Options
    chenheart said:

Oh my Kindred
    Oh my Kindred Spirits!

Sigh~ double post!

Soooooooo glad you are back
    Hope you had a relaxing weekend.

Hugs to you and Reggie.

Always

Donna

You inspired me to write something in your and Meena,s honor. I haven't wriiten anything since I was in high school but it just poured out of me. It is in the post "Just My Thoughts". I think it is still on page one. You are truly an inspiration to us all. I even thought of crocheting you some hats before you lose your hair. Let me know, I surely would be glad to do it for you.
  • KayNYC
    KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

Oh my Kindred
    Oh my Kindred Spirits!

Sigh~ double post!

Hope your trip was relaxing
    Dear Chen,
    I am glad that you had your weekend of refueling. Sounds like you are ready to take on the insurance company if you need to come Monday. Hope that won't be necessary and they advise you that your pre-certication has been approved.
    Sending love, good vibes and prayers your way as you prepare for battle.Onward toward victory!
    Hugs, K
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    KayNYC said:

Hope your trip was relaxing
    Dear Chen,
    I am glad that you had your weekend of refueling. Sounds like you are ready to take on the insurance company if you need to come Monday. Hope that won't be necessary and they advise you that your pre-certication has been approved.
    Sending love, good vibes and prayers your way as you prepare for battle.Onward toward victory!
    Hugs, K

Chen,
    Even if you are strong

Chen,
    Even if you are strong and take all your own great advice, lean on us anyway. That's what friends are for. It will do not only you good, but us as well. As much as I hated having cancer, I actually hate it more when it is someone I care about because I can't do anything active to fight it. I want to do something, kick some cancer butt for you but I cannot. But what I and your other sisters can do is tell you that we are hear to listen to fears, venting, anger, bad news or good (we want good of course). We can offer prayers, poems, good wishes, and support. Perhaps some of the gals that have been fighting mets will have truly helpful advice for you. I will offer my prayers and best thgoughts that you are victorious once again.
    Stef
  • chenheart
    Options
    fauxma said:

Chen,
    Even if you are strong

Chen,
    Even if you are strong and take all your own great advice, lean on us anyway. That's what friends are for. It will do not only you good, but us as well. As much as I hated having cancer, I actually hate it more when it is someone I care about because I can't do anything active to fight it. I want to do something, kick some cancer butt for you but I cannot. But what I and your other sisters can do is tell you that we are hear to listen to fears, venting, anger, bad news or good (we want good of course). We can offer prayers, poems, good wishes, and support. Perhaps some of the gals that have been fighting mets will have truly helpful advice for you. I will offer my prayers and best thgoughts that you are victorious once again.
    Stef

I am not actually feeling
    I am not actually feeling strong at all~ I am feeling scared, especially not knowing what/when the plan of action is. I will give the Dr a few hours in the morning to call me, but after that~ I am on the phone just to make sure I am somehow not caught in some endless loop.

I will indeed lean on you~ I didn't go through this alone the first time, and I am not even thinking of doing this one by myself! I am still in "ostrich Mode"; I have not done ANY research about recurrence, liver mets, treatment, survival rates, nothing! I am just not ready to own it quite yet, if that makes any sense.

Thank you again for everything you give to me; the outpouring here and FB with the Kindred Spirits who don't come in here too much anymore has been beyond anything my heart could even imagine.

As always, I am honored and humbled to know you.

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • chenheart
    Options

Soooooooo glad you are back
    Hope you had a relaxing weekend.

Hugs to you and Reggie.

Always

Donna

You inspired me to write something in your and Meena,s honor. I haven't wriiten anything since I was in high school but it just poured out of me. It is in the post "Just My Thoughts". I think it is still on page one. You are truly an inspiration to us all. I even thought of crocheting you some hats before you lose your hair. Let me know, I surely would be glad to do it for you.

I went to the Just My
    I went to the Just My Thoughts post~ Donna, it is soooo beautiful! I would, actually love a hat from you; I will PM you with my address! It is already a labor of love that you made hats in the first place; that I could actually own one made by one of the CSN Kindred Spirits is a sweet, sweet thought.

Hugs, Chen♥
  • Cindy54
    Cindy54 Member Posts: 452
    Options
    chenheart said:

I am not actually feeling
    I am not actually feeling strong at all~ I am feeling scared, especially not knowing what/when the plan of action is. I will give the Dr a few hours in the morning to call me, but after that~ I am on the phone just to make sure I am somehow not caught in some endless loop.

I will indeed lean on you~ I didn't go through this alone the first time, and I am not even thinking of doing this one by myself! I am still in "ostrich Mode"; I have not done ANY research about recurrence, liver mets, treatment, survival rates, nothing! I am just not ready to own it quite yet, if that makes any sense.

Thank you again for everything you give to me; the outpouring here and FB with the Kindred Spirits who don't come in here too much anymore has been beyond anything my heart could even imagine.

As always, I am honored and humbled to know you.

Hugs,
    Chen♥

For You
    Chen, you were always among the first to chime in when I posted here. You always took the time to encourage or answer me. I have no words to express what I feel. My heart is full of tears for you. Please know that I will pray my hardest for you to be comforted and find strength and make wise decisions. I send my biggest hugs your way, thank you for being a friend to me so many times, I am hoping to do the same for you. Cindy