123457»

Comments

• camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Options
    22 Feb 1980 cervical
    22 Feb 1980 cervical cancer
    44 Jan 2002 diagnosed ivasive ductal carcinoma
    52 Sept 2010 with Metastatic bc to the bones and non cancerous lesions to the brain, nodule on right lung, but not yet hot!
    53 Dec 2010 with Mets to the skin.

~Carol
  • 1acme
    1acme Member Posts: 77
    Options
    PNinMN said:

Stage 3b
    HER-, 5cm lump (hoping this shrinks with chemo), DCIS, 10-12 lymph nodes. This was definitely not what I was expecting at this stage of my life.

37 y/o
    This year at 37 y/o diagnised with Breast cancer Stage 3
    (4.5cm Lump + 2cm Centenial note + 14 notes removed) ALL at right side.
    Lumpectomy performed on Valentine's day
    but later on diagnosed with DSIC so waiting for Radiation, Chemo and possibly double mastectomy.
    I have no kids, so after chemo and radiation I will loosing ability to get pregnat :o(
  • 1acme
    Options
    PNinMN said:

Stage 3b
    HER-, 5cm lump (hoping this shrinks with chemo), DCIS, 10-12 lymph nodes. This was definitely not what I was expecting at this stage of my life.

37 y/o
    This year at 37 y/o diagnised with Breast cancer Stage 3
    (4.5cm Lump + 2cm Centenial note + 14 notes removed) ALL at right side.
    Lumpectomy performed on Valentine's day
    but later on diagnosed with DSIC so waiting for Radiation, Chemo and possibly double mastectomy.
    I have no kids, so after chemo and radiation I will loosing ability to get pregnat :o(
  • 1acme
    Options
    Barb A said:

I was 37 the first time. I
    I was 37 the first time. I felt a lump, but my doctor said he didn't think it was anything to worry about and I was too young for breast cancer. Just wait until I turned 40, then have a mammogram. Good thing I insisted on it then as it was cancer. Switched doctors pretty fast!
    Had a mastectomy with tram flap reconstruction. No chemo or rads, but took Tamoxifen for five years.

At age 44, found a lump in the reconstructed breast. Had a lumpectomy, chemo and rads. Now two years later - so far, so good.

Barb

also at 37
    Hi Barb

Something similar happened to me.

I am 37 y/o. Had seen my doctor who is also gyno about 3x last year.

Complaining about pain under my right arm (arm pit). She inspected area and told me that she does not seen or feel anything, that my sweating glands are provably acting up, but she did NOT send me anywhere to check up.
    In Sept. I had a full gyno exam including breast exam and everything was fine.

2 moths later (November) I had found by my self a lump on my brest. She told me that I am too young and I should not worry as it "looks like" cyst or fibroids.

Sent me for Mamo & Ultrasound in JANUARY !!!!

It come back POSITIVE for malignant tumour 3.5cm in right breast, 2cm centennial note, 2cm in left breast and another 2 small spots on left site.

Scheduled biopsy date in another 8 weeks waiting time !!!

At this point I lost my "trust in her" and find my self a surgeon who manage to get me Biopsy, MRI and Lumpectomy in LESS then 10 days (on Valentine's day was my surgery date).

However in 4wks "WAITING" tumour grown about +1.2cm, so I ended up with almost 5cm tumour (stage 3).

Right now I am in recovery after surgery and waiting for Chemo & Radiation.

Also been diagnosed DCIS so expecting that I will need double masectomy as well.

Helen
  • 1acme
    Options
    Barb A said:

I was 37 the first time. I
    I was 37 the first time. I felt a lump, but my doctor said he didn't think it was anything to worry about and I was too young for breast cancer. Just wait until I turned 40, then have a mammogram. Good thing I insisted on it then as it was cancer. Switched doctors pretty fast!
    Had a mastectomy with tram flap reconstruction. No chemo or rads, but took Tamoxifen for five years.

At age 44, found a lump in the reconstructed breast. Had a lumpectomy, chemo and rads. Now two years later - so far, so good.

Barb

also at 37
    Hi Barb

Something similar happened to me.

I am 37 y/o. Had seen my doctor who is also gyno about 3x last year.

Complaining about pain under my right arm (arm pit). She inspected area and told me that she does not seen or feel anything, that my sweating glands are provably acting up, but she did NOT send me anywhere to check up.
    In Sept. I had a full gyno exam including breast exam and everything was fine.

2 moths later (November) I had found by my self a lump on my brest. She told me that I am too young and I should not worry as it "looks like" cyst or fibroids.

Sent me for Mamo & Ultrasound in JANUARY !!!!

It come back POSITIVE for malignant tumour 3.5cm in right breast, 2cm centennial note, 2cm in left breast and another 2 small spots on left site.

Scheduled biopsy date in another 8 weeks waiting time !!!

At this point I lost my "trust in her" and find my self a surgeon who manage to get me Biopsy, MRI and Lumpectomy in LESS then 10 days (on Valentine's day was my surgery date).

However in 4wks "WAITING" tumour grown about +1.2cm, so I ended up with almost 5cm tumour (stage 3).

Right now I am in recovery after surgery and waiting for Chemo & Radiation.

Also been diagnosed DCIS so expecting that I will need double masectomy as well.

Helen
  • pbrndm5
    pbrndm5 Member Posts: 83
    Options
    camul said:

22 Feb 1980 cervical
    22 Feb 1980 cervical cancer
    44 Jan 2002 diagnosed ivasive ductal carcinoma
    52 Sept 2010 with Metastatic bc to the bones and non cancerous lesions to the brain, nodule on right lung, but not yet hot!
    53 Dec 2010 with Mets to the skin.

~Carol

Diagnosed at 56
    on November 1, 2010. Had lumpectomy and rads---so far no chemo---keeping fingers and toes crossed. Seeing oncologist in May. Probably need a year of Herceptin, but won't know until May.
    Surprised how young many of you were when dx'd.

Denise
  • BioAdoptMom3
    BioAdoptMom3 Member Posts: 43
    Options
    I was diagnosed 2 months ago
    I was diagnosed 2 months ago at the age of 51 and turned 52 five weeks later.

Nancy
  • ladybug22
    ladybug22 Member Posts: 646
    Options
    i was 54 I.B.C.
  • ladybug22
    ladybug22 Member Posts: 646
    Options
    i was 54 I.B.C.
  • Susiestn
    Susiestn Member Posts: 13
    Options

Mimi, I was 33 (almost 34)
    Mimi, I was 33 (almost 34) and I am now almost 58 (next month)! Never give up!

I am 45! You are an
    I am 45! You are an inspiration!
  • MadSwiss
    MadSwiss Member Posts: 2
    Options
    I was 44 when dx with IBC. met my husband late in life and thus had kids with 40 & 43. my youngest one was just a bit over 1 year old. praying to see him start kindergarten
  • Reikigemgirl
    Reikigemgirl Member Posts: 278
    Options
    I was 53....
    when I was diagnosed in 2009.

Love and Light,
    Vicki