How old were you when dx

Options

Comments

• butterfly918
    butterfly918 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    I am 59 and diagnosed in
    I am 59 and diagnosed in 12/09. I am have been in remission from chorio carcinoma, a cancer that starts where the placenta is attached to the uterus, for 30 years. Was diagnosed with that when I was 29 shortly after my third pregnancy. I thought I had already "been there done that, have the t-shirt to prove it", so I was "a little" upset when I heard the results of the needle biopsy. I couldn't even feel anything where they said the cancer was. I guess I always thought I would feel a lump or bump or something and I have been getting mammos religiosly for many years. So, big surprise. I will be getting my reconstuctive surgery done in Aug and I will turn 60 in Sept. I would have never guessed I would be getting "new boobs" when I turned 60. What am I going to do with them now, the rest of the body doesn't match!! Not fair!!! I was too young at 29 and I am still too young at 59.

" Your boots may be made for walking, but mine are made so I can kick cancer's ****!!"
  • JanInMN
    JanInMN Member Posts: 149
    Options
    42...diagosed Dec3 2009,
    42...diagosed Dec3 2009, Bilat mastectomy Dec 11, done with chemo, herceptin til Feb 2011, reconstruction starting soon!
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    33 in 1987. 56 in 2009 when
    33 in 1987. 56 in 2009 when I was diagnosed with mets.
  • CarrWilson
    CarrWilson Member Posts: 111
    Options

33 in 1987. 56 in 2009 when
    33 in 1987. 56 in 2009 when I was diagnosed with mets.

Age 49, just before Christmas 2009. Bummer......
  • Fabu
    Fabu Member Posts: 29
    Options

Age 49, just before Christmas 2009. Bummer......

Diagnosed at 40
  • ProudMommy77
    ProudMommy77 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    I had suspected a problem and asked my primary care to send me for a mammo. Tech didn't want to do the Mammo....thinking it wouldn't be covered. She made some calls and then did it. Insurance denied coverage at first....that is until they saw the results were positive. Crazy!
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    48 yrs old
    I was 48...now 51 yrs..old...
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options

I am 59 and diagnosed in
    I am 59 and diagnosed in 12/09. I am have been in remission from chorio carcinoma, a cancer that starts where the placenta is attached to the uterus, for 30 years. Was diagnosed with that when I was 29 shortly after my third pregnancy. I thought I had already "been there done that, have the t-shirt to prove it", so I was "a little" upset when I heard the results of the needle biopsy. I couldn't even feel anything where they said the cancer was. I guess I always thought I would feel a lump or bump or something and I have been getting mammos religiosly for many years. So, big surprise. I will be getting my reconstuctive surgery done in Aug and I will turn 60 in Sept. I would have never guessed I would be getting "new boobs" when I turned 60. What am I going to do with them now, the rest of the body doesn't match!! Not fair!!! I was too young at 29 and I am still too young at 59.

" Your boots may be made for walking, but mine are made so I can kick cancer's ****!!"

love the shirt..
    did you have it made up..?
  • JuJuBeez
    JuJuBeez Member Posts: 332
    Options

48 yrs old
    I was 48...now 51 yrs..old...

I was dx with IDC 3/29/10,
    I was dx with IDC 3/29/10, at age 43. (no family history)
  • jessiesmom1
    jessiesmom1 Member Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Age at Diagnosis
    I was diagnosed with breast cancer shortly before my 52nd birthday. While last year was the most horrible on record, I am now almost 53 and I thank G-d for that. Yay for more birthdays!
  • ElizabethB
    ElizabethB Member Posts: 89
    Options

Age at Diagnosis
    I was diagnosed with breast cancer shortly before my 52nd birthday. While last year was the most horrible on record, I am now almost 53 and I thank G-d for that. Yay for more birthdays!

found lump at 60
    Found lump in April checked it again in dec did a lumpectomy in February two days before my 61 birthday
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Options
    37 with my original dx. One
    37 with my original dx. One month (last month) after my 39th birthday it returned in my bones.
  • sparkle1
    sparkle1 Member Posts: 242
    Options
    I was 52 when I was
    I was 52 when I was dx.
    Sparkle
  • joannstar
    joannstar Member Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I was 57
    when I was diagnosed on 7/16/10 and 4 months newly married (first marriage). Only 26 of 33 rads left and I'm done with treatment!
    JoAnn
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options
    joannstar said:

I was 57
    when I was diagnosed on 7/16/10 and 4 months newly married (first marriage). Only 26 of 33 rads left and I'm done with treatment!
    JoAnn

April, 2010. 4 days after being diagnosed with endometrial cancer. Lumpectomy, hysterectomy, chemo (for bc) and radiation (for bc). Done and moving on! Now 63 and feel too good to be that old.

Suzanne
  • iaelituuao
    iaelituuao Member Posts: 19
    Options

April, 2010. 4 days after being diagnosed with endometrial cancer. Lumpectomy, hysterectomy, chemo (for bc) and radiation (for bc). Done and moving on! Now 63 and feel too good to be that old.

Suzanne

how old
    I was diagnosed last year 5/2010 at age 58. I had mastectomy on the right,done with chemo,receiving herceptin until 7/2011 and currently taking arimedex.
  • ladybug22
    ladybug22 Member Posts: 646
    Options
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    34 at diagnosis
    I'm now 36.

Mimi
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    mimivac said:

34 at diagnosis
    I'm now 36.

Mimi

55 and I turned 56 3 months
    55 and I turned 56 3 months later.
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options

55 and I turned 56 3 months
    55 and I turned 56 3 months later.

Had just turned 58....less than 3 months after having yearly mammo and ultrasound !