How old were you when dx

Options

Comments

• aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options

I'm the one that asked this question,
    and I am so saddened by all this. I have no idea what else to say other than it's terrible.

had lumpectomy, radiation, now on Arimidex and have had a birthday!!

Victoria
  • wendybia
    wendybia Member Posts: 73
    Options
    I was 43 dx oct 28, 2009
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options

OMG
    Oh lord, this is shocking to me, you were all so young, and one of you has had it 3 times......Holy Moly

In my 30's :(

In my 30's :(
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    Age 66 DX in 2009. It took
    Age 66 DX in 2009. It took from my annual mammo in Feb 2009 to my first surgery on July 13, 2009 to determine that this was indeed BC. I turned 67 on 1/15/10 and will be officially done with treatment on June 15, 2010.

So far I'm the oldest to have posted on this topic, but I do know there are a few gals on the sight who are a bit older than me.
  • 2Floridiansisters
    2Floridiansisters Member Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    natly15 said:

Age 66 DX in 2009. It took
    Age 66 DX in 2009. It took from my annual mammo in Feb 2009 to my first surgery on July 13, 2009 to determine that this was indeed BC. I turned 67 on 1/15/10 and will be officially done with treatment on June 15, 2010.

So far I'm the oldest to have posted on this topic, but I do know there are a few gals on the sight who are a bit older than me.

Yay natly15!!!!!!!! You are almost done,
    and it's nice reading that you got through it all!!! June 15 is right around the corner!!!

I can't wait to reach the finish myself, take care

Ronda
  • Nufferz
    Nufferz Member Posts: 55
    Options

Yay natly15!!!!!!!! You are almost done,
    and it's nice reading that you got through it all!!! June 15 is right around the corner!!!

I can't wait to reach the finish myself, take care

Ronda

67+
    I was dx'd at the age of 67+ in April of last year. Finished rads in Sept. 09 at 68 yo.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    I was "on the cusp" of 53 (
    I was "on the cusp" of 53 ( 4 months shy) when I was dx...7 years ago.

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Barb A
    Barb A Member Posts: 123
    Options
    I was 37 the first time. I
    I was 37 the first time. I felt a lump, but my doctor said he didn't think it was anything to worry about and I was too young for breast cancer. Just wait until I turned 40, then have a mammogram. Good thing I insisted on it then as it was cancer. Switched doctors pretty fast!
    Had a mastectomy with tram flap reconstruction. No chemo or rads, but took Tamoxifen for five years.

At age 44, found a lump in the reconstructed breast. Had a lumpectomy, chemo and rads. Now two years later - so far, so good.

Barb
  • GayleMc
    GayleMc Member Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Barb A said:

I was 37 the first time. I
    I was 37 the first time. I felt a lump, but my doctor said he didn't think it was anything to worry about and I was too young for breast cancer. Just wait until I turned 40, then have a mammogram. Good thing I insisted on it then as it was cancer. Switched doctors pretty fast!
    Had a mastectomy with tram flap reconstruction. No chemo or rads, but took Tamoxifen for five years.

At age 44, found a lump in the reconstructed breast. Had a lumpectomy, chemo and rads. Now two years later - so far, so good.

Barb

I was diagnosed in Dec.09
    I was diagnosed in Dec.09 after a routine mammo. I was 56. Turned 57 as I was getting the port inserted and started chemo the next day.
  • ckmcclelland
    ckmcclelland Member Posts: 47
    Options
    cavediver said:

another 63
    I was dx in March 2010, was 63 yrs. old

I was 62 & diagnosed in
    I was 62 & diagnosed in October 2009.
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    GayleMc said:

I was diagnosed in Dec.09
    I was diagnosed in Dec.09 after a routine mammo. I was 56. Turned 57 as I was getting the port inserted and started chemo the next day.

I was diagnosed at 46
    it was little more than 2 years ago. I found a lump under my arm.
  • KayNYC
    KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    ladyg said:

So far it looks like I am
    So far it looks like I am the "old lady" in the group. I was dx on March 23 at age 63.

not so old
    Had my mammo just before my birthday in Jan 2010. I am 60yrs. My Mother was diagnosed at age 50y and an Aunt, diagnosed in her mid-sixties. It was thought years ago that it was most common as women hit middle age and beyond however, it appears to be changing...
    K
  • Scotch Freckles
    Scotch Freckles Member Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Simular Age
    I was 52 when diagnosed in 2002, had my surgery on 4/1/02, what a day to remember. I went to surgery with pasties on my left breast that read cut along dotted line only. And, Not this breast....I had been using hormone replacement meds since 5/88 which was considered the major cause of my bc so I can not have any hormone meds. Paxil is my friend....
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Options
    42 at diagnosis.

42 at diagnosis.
  • mariam_11_09
    mariam_11_09 Member Posts: 691
    Options
    November 2009 I was diagnosed. Knew I was going to get BC, for no particular reason (no-one in our family has had BC) other than something in gut (intuitively I knew?). I didn't stress about it and when it happened it didn't shock me. Loosing my breast was more of a shock.
  • EdnaM
    EdnaM Member Posts: 30
    Options
    70!!
    Seem like I'm the oldest here; Made it to 70 before BC! Mastectomy April 21 and finally this week starting to feel like the person again.
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Options
    I found the lump during a self-exam. I was diagnosed in late September 2008. I tell all the ladies I know - DO THE SELF-EXAM!!!! It saved my life.
  • JoMama54
    JoMama54 Member Posts: 78
    Options
    padee6339 said:

I found the lump during a self-exam. I was diagnosed in late September 2008. I tell all the ladies I know - DO THE SELF-EXAM!!!! It saved my life.

On my birthday 7/11/08 I was
    On my birthday 7/11/08 I was in the hospital having a masectomy I was 54. I told my girls it wasn't a very good way to get them all together for my b-day. JoMama
  • weazer
    weazer Member Posts: 440
    Options
    JoMama54 said:

On my birthday 7/11/08 I was
    On my birthday 7/11/08 I was in the hospital having a masectomy I was 54. I told my girls it wasn't a very good way to get them all together for my b-day. JoMama

Shocked at 49
    And My Mother was 47, I fould out 20 yrs later on the same date as my mother.
    Take care everyone...Karie
  • lizzie17
    lizzie17 Member Posts: 548
    Options
    weazer said:

Shocked at 49
    And My Mother was 47, I fould out 20 yrs later on the same date as my mother.
    Take care everyone...Karie

dx
    I was diagnosed right before my daughter's college graduation, May 2008. We didn't tell her until after the festivities.