How old were you when dx

Options

Comments

• smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Options
    52 when dx april 23 2010 My grandmother died of ovarian cancer when she was 52. But that was back in 1957 and the Doctors didnt do that kind of surgery back then. I often think about the women way back when, there was not treatment then. My grandmother just had to wait it out and die. I am so happy we live in todays world with all the modern technology.
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed June 11,2009
    I was diagnosed June 11,2009 just before my 55th birthday. It's almost one-year later and I'm happy to report that I have had a lumpectomy, chemo and radiation. I finished those treatments on Christmas Eve 2009 (best Christmas present ever). I just want to let all the newly diagnosed know that there is an end to this nightmare. I am now even getting my hair back. I'm looking forward to my dance with NED later this month (fingers crossed) when I have my first mammo since treatment.

As an aside, I am always shocked at the numbers of young ladies that are being diagnosed. We MUST find a cure for this dreaded beast!!!
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

I was diagnosed June 11,2009 just before my 55th birthday. It's almost one-year later and I'm happy to report that I have had a lumpectomy, chemo and radiation. I finished those treatments on Christmas Eve 2009 (best Christmas present ever). I just want to let all the newly diagnosed know that there is an end to this nightmare. I am now even getting my hair back. I'm looking forward to my dance with NED later this month (fingers crossed) when I have my first mammo since treatment.

As an aside, I am always shocked at the numbers of young ladies that are being diagnosed. We MUST find a cure for this dreaded beast!!!

I was 52 years old. It does
    I was 52 years old. It does seem that a lot of us were diagnosed right around the 50 year old mark. I have noticed that with colon cancer also, even in men. Oh well, it stinks at any age.
  • TawnyS
    TawnyS Member Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    36...but...
    I found the lump at age 33 and was misdiagnosed then. My survivor date is 08/13/2009.
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

Found
    the lump @43, diagnosed @44, now 45 and trying to reach the finish line.
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    49...but that was rectal cancer...
    ....a PET scan for that found the breast cancer.

I was told "Well, the rectal is much more life threatening (37% survival rate) than the breast, so it's going to have to wait till you survive the other (??????)"

Here and alive and kickin'...NED on both....

GREAT post!

HUgs, Kathi
  • heidijez
    heidijez Member Posts: 441
    Options
    56, dx on December 12, 2009
    that's for breast cancer - I did have thyroid cancer at the age of 28, and a tumor on my trachea at age 33
    24242 Member Posts: 1,398
    Options
    BC 1996 age 36
    Then 7 years of hell after all treatments and finally 7 years of better health than I could remember. Back to living a full life coping in the real world. 14 years later sit here with questionable lumps in my arm that I have am getting a diagnosis for. Scary yes but once agian it is what it is...
    Tara
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    24242 said:

BC 1996 age 36
    Then 7 years of hell after all treatments and finally 7 years of better health than I could remember. Back to living a full life coping in the real world. 14 years later sit here with questionable lumps in my arm that I have am getting a diagnosis for. Scary yes but once agian it is what it is...
    Tara

I'm sending warm hugs...
    ...and vibes that these lumps are nothing...

You GO girl!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    KathiM said:

I'm sending warm hugs...
    ...and vibes that these lumps are nothing...

You GO girl!!

Hugs, Kathi

64 for me
    Had a lumpectomy ... then started my chemo on my 65th birthday (MY choice to start on that date to make it a "special" present for myself!).

hugs.
    teena
  • pattimc
    pattimc Member Posts: 431
    Options
    DX'd @ 53
    Turned 54 during chemo. Lump found during my annual mammogram. Happy to report that I have my hair back and am going for my first mammo tomorrow. Hope to be dancing with Ned!!
  • crselby
    crselby Member Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    scared silly
    DX-ed (DCIS) June 16, 2009 at age 57. No family history of BC whatsoever. Regular mammograms for years.
    ~~Connie~~
  • GregStahl
    GregStahl Member Posts: 188
    Options
    Wife
    is 41. Had mammorgram at the end of Feb and all clean, mid March found a lump, 4/20 was told 10mm invasive DC. Long history of cancer as well.
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    Diagnosed at 52.
  • Christine Louise
    Christine Louise Member Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    56 here
    Mom, her sis, their grandmother were 50.

Not a lot makes me cry anymore, but this entire thread has got me teared up. Yesterday, I found out that another acquaintance has bc. I know 8 women (and that's after just a quick count) with bc. What's goin' on here?!
  • BethInAz
    BethInAz Member Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Dx in Sept 09. Now I'm 55 and looking forward to a great summer!!!
    Beth
  • BunnyJane
    BunnyJane Member Posts: 213
    Options
    BethInAz said:

Dx in Sept 09. Now I'm 55 and looking forward to a great summer!!!
    Beth

Had mammos annually since age 29 (high risk group). Found cancer on annual mammo.

49 now and I plan to be around for a VERY long time!
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I was.....
    I was 54 when dx'd.

CR
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    63+
    I was 63 yrs, 1 mth, and 13 days. when Dx'd last Aug 8.
  • 2Floridiansisters
    2Floridiansisters Member Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Rague said:

63+
    I was 63 yrs, 1 mth, and 13 days. when Dx'd last Aug 8.

I'm the one that asked this question,
    and I am so saddened by all this. I have no idea what else to say other than it's terrible.