How old were you when dx

Options

Comments

• beetle25
    beetle25 Member Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    MAJW said:

Had just turned 58....less than 3 months after having yearly mammo and ultrasound !

I was 45 when I was
    I was 45 when I was diagnosed, now am 46
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    mimivac said:

34 at diagnosis
    I'm now 36.

Mimi

Mimi, I was 33 (almost 34)
    Mimi, I was 33 (almost 34) and I am now almost 58 (next month)! Never give up!
  • Dee
    Dee Member Posts: 40
    Options

Mimi, I was 33 (almost 34)
    Mimi, I was 33 (almost 34) and I am now almost 58 (next month)! Never give up!

I am 30 at dx, the doc said
    I am 30 at dx, the doc said Ive had it since my mid 20's...Iv'e decidied to take Cypress Cynthia's lead!!! Bring on 60 whoop!
  • lizzie17
    lizzie17 Member Posts: 548
    Options
    53 DX
    from a routine mammogram, no other symptoms.....I was complaining of being more tired that year, but not sure if it was connected.
  • warrrior3
    warrrior3 Member Posts: 92
    Options
    lizzie17 said:

53 DX
    from a routine mammogram, no other symptoms.....I was complaining of being more tired that year, but not sure if it was connected.

52 at DX
    during a screening mammogram October 2010 also no other symptoms.
  • linpsu
    linpsu Member Posts: 747
    Options
    I was 56 at first diagnosis, 58 at second.
  • Different Ballgame
    Options
    65 First Time 68 Recurrence
    I was a young 65 diagnosed O Stage DCIS. The recurrence on mastectomy scar was diagnosed as invasive carcinoma at age 68.
  • Cinkal
    Cinkal Member Posts: 161
    Options
    39 I was recently
    39 I was recently diagnosed in early January and turned 40 in february
  • Margot Greer
    Margot Greer Member Posts: 9
    Options
    Definitely wasn't expecting it this soon, but my doc said i'd had it probably since 18.
  • PinkPearl
    PinkPearl Member Posts: 280
    Options

Definitely wasn't expecting it this soon, but my doc said i'd had it probably since 18.

Just turned 62
    Just a few weeks after my 62nd Birthday in Aug. 2010.
    You know we are all too young to get this diagnosis. Here is to more Birthdays!!!!!
  • Reikigemgirl
    Reikigemgirl Member Posts: 278
    Options
    Diagnosed .........
    In July of 2009 at age of 53. Finished chemo in April and finally have a head of hair again.
  • jphilpo
    jphilpo Member Posts: 177
    Options
    I was 55 when diagnosed, July 2009. It's hard to believe I've been through so much in such a short time.

Jean
  • Survivor73
    Survivor73 Member Posts: 135
    Options
    jphilpo said:

I was 55 when diagnosed, July 2009. It's hard to believe I've been through so much in such a short time.

Jean

age...
    I was 41 when diag with thryoid cancer, 43 for breast cancer

I had my mamo on Nov 9th, and called on my 43rd birthday Nov 11th to say come in for an ultrasound...and so it started from there...
  • nadca
    nadca Member Posts: 14
    Options

age...
    I was 41 when diag with thryoid cancer, 43 for breast cancer

I had my mamo on Nov 9th, and called on my 43rd birthday Nov 11th to say come in for an ultrasound...and so it started from there...

2009 36 stage 2 grade 3. 5
    2009 36 stage 2 grade 3. 5 surgeries.
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    nadca said:

2009 36 stage 2 grade 3. 5
    2009 36 stage 2 grade 3. 5 surgeries.

2000 - 52 - uterine cancer -
    2000 - 52 - uterine cancer - surgery, internal and external radiation - Stage 2B, grade 3
    2002 - 54 - bladder cancer - very small growth removed - no further treatment
    2003 - 55 - skin cancer neck - squamous cell in situ - removed and topical treatment
    2005 - 57 - skin cancer cheek - sebaceous adenoma - removed
    2008 - 60 - breast cancer rt breast - IDC - Estro +, Prog + Her -, 1.1 cm, grade 2, lumpectomy, SNB no node invoivement, radiation, arimidex for 5 years
    Genetic testing for Lynch syndrome and muir torre - tested positive
    2009 - 62 - skin cancer chin - squamous cell - removed with clear margins
    Do yearly follow ups for uterine, bladder, and skin and 6 month follow ups for breast
    Do yearly colonoscopy, endoscopy for to check for potential cancers because of the lynch syndrome - 60% to 80% for colon and increase for stomach, esphogeal etc.
    Written out this sounds like so much but they happened one at a time and they were caught early and my treatments were very successful. I was fortunate that chemo never entered the picture. I don't worry about recurrences, mets or new cancers because I refuse to let worrying about tomorrow rob me of today. I suppose I should be a basketcase every time I have a checkup or something out of the ordinary but I don't. I do however, worry like crazy about everyone else. They are some people that look at a glass as half full, others half empty, for me I am just glad I have a glass. LOL
    My mom had poster that read "WE cannot change the wind, we can only adjust our sails". I adjust a lot.
    Oh, and I have been NED at every check up.
    Stef
  • sal314
    sal314 Member Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I Was 35
    I and my gyne noticed a lump during a routine exam. I had just finished breast feeding my son, he was about 11 months old. So, we thought it was just a clogged duct. My dr. said it wouldn't hurt to get a baseline mammogram and check it out. Of course neither one of us was too concerned. Well, after the mammogram, while sitting in the waiting room, they called to the back and wanted to do an ultrasound right then and there.

It went from that to the ultrasound dr. asking me if I knew a surgeon. A surgeon?? I was so confused! He then proceeded to tell me I need to see on ASAP because I had breast cancer. Talk about being hit upside the head by a 2 by 4!

And so the journey continued. That was 91/2 years ago. I'll be celebrating my 10 years cancer free in September! :) Whoo-hoo.

Sally
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    sal314 said:

I Was 35
    I and my gyne noticed a lump during a routine exam. I had just finished breast feeding my son, he was about 11 months old. So, we thought it was just a clogged duct. My dr. said it wouldn't hurt to get a baseline mammogram and check it out. Of course neither one of us was too concerned. Well, after the mammogram, while sitting in the waiting room, they called to the back and wanted to do an ultrasound right then and there.

It went from that to the ultrasound dr. asking me if I knew a surgeon. A surgeon?? I was so confused! He then proceeded to tell me I need to see on ASAP because I had breast cancer. Talk about being hit upside the head by a 2 by 4!

And so the journey continued. That was 91/2 years ago. I'll be celebrating my 10 years cancer free in September! :) Whoo-hoo.

Sally

I was 55

I was 55
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Kat11 said:

I was 55

I was 55

Diagnosed at 62/turmoil/delay
    The tumor was found on July 2,2009 with my annual mammogram. Radiology Doctor and nurse came out to tell me.They were sending the report to my doctor(bc surgeon),I was told it was very very small and might not be cancer.

Well a week went by.Got a letter to contact my bc surgeon so Radiology could do a biopsy.They hadn't been given the OK.I called.The receptionist said she would tell the nurse.Never heard a word.Then another letter from Radiology wanting permission to do a needle biopsy.Again a call to my bc surgeon.Nothing done.SO I called and said I needed some answers.I was told to make a appt.Well all they had to do was have him look at the report and OK a needle biopsy.So I gave in and went to see him.He said it was so small he thought they might not get the right tissue. Well heck I didn't care but someone must get something. He finally Ok'd the biopsy. on Aug 17 the biopsy was finally done,On Aug 18 I was called to come in next day.I went alone Aug 19 and was told it was cancer.Lumpectomy was scheduled for Sept 2.That was a whole 2 months later.I was very very mad and hurt.The only thing that kept me going back was the diagnosis of DCIS, non invasive, 1/2 cm tumor.A second surgery was done on Sept 29 to check margins.So 2 months after the tumor was found it was taken out.Way to long.

So I guess my diagnosis was Aug 19,2009.Through all that I am not sure. I just know I was put off and still upset but must move on.i've had to change enough doctors this past year.Don't want to change another.He listens to me now.

Mom diagnosed at 21 niece at 30 me at 62. Family history.
  • missingtexas
    missingtexas Member Posts: 146
    Options
    ...I think we're all too young! :)
  • NJMom10
    NJMom10 Member Posts: 176
    Options
    I was diagnosed at 53 in September 2010. Did chemo first to shrink tumor. Just had lumpectomy and am going to be starting rads and tamoxifen next week.