ROLL CALL, January 2010

Options

Comments

• Lena Rose
    Lena Rose Member Posts: 73
    Options

New to Roll Call
    Renton, WA - dx 7/10, right neck dissection on 7/1/10, SCC right tonsil primary, SCC in level 2 lymph nodes. Still working on treatment plan.

Taking things one day at a time!

53 year old hubby diagnosed
    53 year old hubby diagnosed w/ BOT SCC HPV+ in March. Completed 7 weeks of rads and chemo (cisplatin/erbitux)June 10, 2010. V e r y slowly recovering. 95% of his nutrition still through the peg.
  • HAWVET
    HAWVET Member Posts: 318
    Options
    Lena Rose said:

53 year old hubby diagnosed
    53 year old hubby diagnosed w/ BOT SCC HPV+ in March. Completed 7 weeks of rads and chemo (cisplatin/erbitux)June 10, 2010. V e r y slowly recovering. 95% of his nutrition still through the peg.

Last call fo Update
    The roll call update will be published at the end of the day, Wednesday, July 21st. It will include all those who have posted up to that date. Thank you all for participating.

Okay ebbiejeanne....although I really like this place, I now have resorted to a life style of soup, soup and more soups. LOL. It is nice that we are still around to laugh about it.
  • Kimba1505
    Kimba1505 Member Posts: 557
    Options
    HAWVET said:

Last call fo Update
    The roll call update will be published at the end of the day, Wednesday, July 21st. It will include all those who have posted up to that date. Thank you all for participating.

Okay ebbiejeanne....although I really like this place, I now have resorted to a life style of soup, soup and more soups. LOL. It is nice that we are still around to laugh about it.

53 year old partner diagnosed SCC tonsil
    Mark was diagnosed on April 13th 2010 with SCC of the left tonsil, stage IV, HPV+.
    He finished treatment (sugery, chemo, and radiation) on July 20th 2010.
    Home state: Pennsylvania.
  • rush1958
    rush1958 Member Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Kimba1505 said:

53 year old partner diagnosed SCC tonsil
    Mark was diagnosed on April 13th 2010 with SCC of the left tonsil, stage IV, HPV+.
    He finished treatment (sugery, chemo, and radiation) on July 20th 2010.
    Home state: Pennsylvania.

SCC - Base of Tongue
    51 year old male: Squamous Cell Carcinoma, Base of Tongue - HPV-: tonsillectomy and biopsy 3/12/10, Neck Dissection, 2/41 lymph nodes removed left side were positive on 4/3/10. T1N3M0. Completed 33 radiation treatments on 6/23/10, 3 rounds of chemo (Cisplatin) completed on 6/14/10.

All treatment completed at the University of Kansas Medical Center - Kansas City, KS.

Home state: Kansas
  • Greg53
    Greg53 Member Posts: 849
    Options
    rush1958 said:

SCC - Base of Tongue
    51 year old male: Squamous Cell Carcinoma, Base of Tongue - HPV-: tonsillectomy and biopsy 3/12/10, Neck Dissection, 2/41 lymph nodes removed left side were positive on 4/3/10. T1N3M0. Completed 33 radiation treatments on 6/23/10, 3 rounds of chemo (Cisplatin) completed on 6/14/10.

All treatment completed at the University of Kansas Medical Center - Kansas City, KS.

Home state: Kansas

New to roll call
    SCC right tonsil. HPV+. Mets to 11 lymph nodes. Tonsillectomy and radical neck dissection Jan. '10. 35 rads concurrent with 3 chemo treatments ended 4/12/10. 53 year old male. Missouri.
  • Jimbo55
    Jimbo55 Member Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Greg53 said:

New to roll call
    SCC right tonsil. HPV+. Mets to 11 lymph nodes. Tonsillectomy and radical neck dissection Jan. '10. 35 rads concurrent with 3 chemo treatments ended 4/12/10. 53 year old male. Missouri.

SCC Base of Tongue
    55 year old male from Chicago, living and working in Bangkok, Thailand. Diagnosed in May of 2010 with SCC BOT Stage 4. Neck Dissection in May of 2010. Began treatment (35 rads and 3 chemo treatments, cistplatin / 1 every 3 weeks) in mid June and scheduled for completion on July 31. Receiving treatment in Bangkok. Cheers.
  • Pumakitty
    Pumakitty Member Posts: 652
    Options
    Harvey Poston
    I post for my father Harvey Poston, my name is Kathy Poston. He is in Winchester, VA. He was diagnoised in March 2010 with cancer on base of tongue. Completed 35 rad and 6 chemos on 6/22. He is doing great and recovering from treatment.
  • tonyanddenise
    tonyanddenise Member Posts: 70
    Options
    Clearblue said:

for me for my Wife
    MY WIFE : 45 yr young Fanconi Anemia Warrior- CHEMO ruled out and RAD T generally not recommended.
    2001- base of tonge SQUCC
    2008-Esoph SQuSS- esophagectomy
    2009-10:Partial larpharingial + lubectomy lung-
    Presently in 13th week of Erbitux (any ideas for dealiong with burney face- appreciated)
    Peg and Trach out for 2.5 months now.

No words can describe how great you all are.
    Clear.

skin tx
    Was going to use erbitux and was recommended a skin product from a lady in FLA. Said she couldn't make it without it. Brand name is Scruples- it's 5% panthenol, white tea, for hair and skin. www.scrupleshaircare.com
  • j3rey
    j3rey Member Posts: 57
    Options
    roll call
    Mark Nichols - Florida. SCC left lymph node - unconfirmed primary. Diagnosed April 2010. Neck dissection late April and eight weeks of radiation with boost to affected area and suspected primary site. Finished radiation today 7-26-10. Doing well and looking forward to a clear scan in a few months.
  • Tanager75
    Tanager75 Member Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Mark
    Dx June 2009 started treatment end of July. Undifferentiated Stage 3 SCC of Left tonsil, 2 nodes involved. Cisplaten and 35 Radiation treatments. Last PET scan at 9 months post treatment in May 2010 and showed no activity.

I would prefer not to have ever had this but have learned so much about myself and the kindness of family, friends and people in general.

Peace,

mark
  • jkinobay
    jkinobay Member Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    HAWVET said:

Last call fo Update

Sorry I missed roll call
    But all is well, still in Mexico and doing fine. 3Yr. PET due early Nov. Crossing all extremities.

To all, please stay well, be happy. JK
  • adventurebob
    adventurebob Member Posts: 691
    Options
    Roll Call
    Bob G., 38 year old male. Marin County, San Francisco. Nasopharyngeal Stage IV. Diagnosed May 20, 2010 after lymph node biopsy and nine months of misdiagnosis. PET scan showed spots on spine and sacrum in addition to mass around carotid artery and right and left lymph nodes. One session away from completing 2 rounds of Cisplatin/Gemzar chemotherapy. Pain gone after 1 session, visible mass in neck gone after 5.
  • Dragons7-7-2010
    Dragons7-7-2010 Member Posts: 79
    Options
    just a little behind
    Eileen Cibil, Texas, July 2010, Squamos cell carcinoma: cancer right Tonsil with right neck metastasis to several (+/-3 to +/-5 lymph nodes in neckS side note enlarged lymph node appeared in neck in August 2009 and due in part to my own pracratination did not have my needle biopsy that diagnosed the cancer until July 7, 2010.

Sending healing thoughts to all.

~Eil Cib
  • Glenna M
    Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576
    Options

just a little behind
    Eileen Cibil, Texas, July 2010, Squamos cell carcinoma: cancer right Tonsil with right neck metastasis to several (+/-3 to +/-5 lymph nodes in neckS side note enlarged lymph node appeared in neck in August 2009 and due in part to my own pracratination did not have my needle biopsy that diagnosed the cancer until July 7, 2010.

Sending healing thoughts to all.

~Eil Cib

Still going strong
    Glenna M - New Hampshire - Diagnosed in May '09 with SCC laryngeal and NSCLC adenocarcinoma in left lung. Latest CT scan in August '10 shows no change. I have now graduated to scans every 6 months and scoping for the laryngeal cancer is now on a 2 month schedule. All looks good and I am still in remission.
  • Douglas08
    Douglas08 Member Posts: 18
    Options
    New to Roll Call
    Il, husband 74 dx10/16/2009 with stage 4 scc rt hypopharangeal/pyriform sinus with mets to lymph nodes, finished induction chem & adjunctive chem/radiation 2/16/2010. 2ct's & 1 pet neg.,next ct in Oct.
  • RushFan
    RushFan Member Posts: 224
    Options
    Douglas08 said:

New to Roll Call
    Il, husband 74 dx10/16/2009 with stage 4 scc rt hypopharangeal/pyriform sinus with mets to lymph nodes, finished induction chem & adjunctive chem/radiation 2/16/2010. 2ct's & 1 pet neg.,next ct in Oct.

New to roll call
    Thought I had posted already.

Chuck B. from Cypress, TX. 48 yrs. very hapilly married, father of four great kids.

Diagnosed January 2010.
    HPV+ T0 N2b M0, with unknown primary. Neck disection before treatment to remove lymph node, which lead to initial diagnosis. Don't drink or smoke.

Finished 35 rads & 7 x once weekly chemo (cisplatin) April 30, 2010. Doing well, could use more saliva.
    First scan in June NED. Next scan September 13th.

Really appreciate this board and all who contribute. Thank you.
    Chuck.
  • Michelle H
    Michelle H Member Posts: 7
    Options
    Hello and New to Board
    Hello, I'm a 37yo female that just completed 36 rad treatments/3 chemo treatments of cisplatin this past week. Still feeling like crap from the radiation and chemo treatments at this point. Lots of mucus and so tired I can't hardly get out of bed. And ears are really ringing bad after chemo.

Was diagnosed in May 2010 with cancer on base of tongue. Had radical left neck dissection where they found 3 lymph nodes positive. Cancer is HPV+.

Does the HPV+ have anything to do with the prognosis of the cancer? I've heard that it does and wondered what everyone else has heard.

Thanks - Michelle
  • Hal61
    Hal61 Member Posts: 655
    Options

Hello and New to Board
    Hello, I'm a 37yo female that just completed 36 rad treatments/3 chemo treatments of cisplatin this past week. Still feeling like crap from the radiation and chemo treatments at this point. Lots of mucus and so tired I can't hardly get out of bed. And ears are really ringing bad after chemo.

Was diagnosed in May 2010 with cancer on base of tongue. Had radical left neck dissection where they found 3 lymph nodes positive. Cancer is HPV+.

Does the HPV+ have anything to do with the prognosis of the cancer? I've heard that it does and wondered what everyone else has heard.

Thanks - Michelle

HPV+
    Hi Michelle, and welcome. You're going through one of the rough spots of recovery now, so just hang in there. Glad your treatment is over, and in the coming weeks you will see a definite change for the better. Very generally speaking, HPV caused cancer has a better prognosis than those caused by other factors. Plenty of folks here will be glad to help you out, just start a new thread on the board for everyone to see it.

best, Hal
  • Michelle H
    Michelle H Member Posts: 7
    Options
    Hal61 said:

HPV+
    Hi Michelle, and welcome. You're going through one of the rough spots of recovery now, so just hang in there. Glad your treatment is over, and in the coming weeks you will see a definite change for the better. Very generally speaking, HPV caused cancer has a better prognosis than those caused by other factors. Plenty of folks here will be glad to help you out, just start a new thread on the board for everyone to see it.

best, Hal

Thanks Hal, nice to find
    Thanks Hal, nice to find this board and all of you here! Looks like a great support group!
  • zinniemay
    zinniemay Member Posts: 522
    Options

Michael 'Mick' Morris
    Michael 'Mick' Morris, California. SCC unknown origin stage IV (lymph mets) Dx 12/09. Treatment (so far) surgery; rads and chemo to come. Very much alive.

Morris
    Micheal this might be off topic but was your family from Ok and KY , In. I am looking for a Belvin MOrris . father was Hyland Morris , last found in California