ROLL CALL, January 2010

Options
12346»

Comments

• Ron49
    Ron49 Member Posts: 91
    Options
    Just Diagnosed
    I am new and not even sure I know the right terminology to use, sorry been gone a few days as I had surgery yesterday. Here is my info:

Ron Adams
    San Diego Ca
    1st biopsy Dec 5, 2010
    Diagnosed Dec 10, 2010 - SCC metasized to left lymph node - golf ball size lump
    2nd biopsy Dec 28, 2010 - path report diagnosis is Epitheleal Neoplasm
    Surgery - Jan 3, 2011 - tumor and lymph gland removed tested positive for cancer, removed tonsils and now waiting for results.
  • Pam M
    Pam M Member Posts: 2,196
    Options
    HAWVET said:

Update on roll call
    Am starting to slowly update the roll call data. It is difficult to include all the miscellaneous information about your cancer so I will use a simpler format.

For first time enrollees, please indicate on the first line your state, date diagnosed if known and type of cancer. If you include your city, it will be published. On subsequent lines, you can include information on your status so others may receive updated information about you. This information will not be published but information for the readers only.

I had thought of giving it up since many have not checked back in. If you have already enrolled and had not reported back in since July 1, 2010, please report or you will be considered AWOL (LOL).

Aloha and Haouoli Makahiki Hou (Happy New Year) to all.

HAWVET

Pam M Update
    Pam M; Erlanger, KY; dx 10-24-2009; SCC Base of Tongue T2N2; Stage IV

dx 10-24-09 at age 44 SCC BOT Stage IV, T2N2. Open biopsies and Tonsillectomy (rt. only) 10-24-09. Induction Chemo (5FU, Taxotere and Cisplatin) Nov. 2009 - Jan. 2010. PEG installed 12-24-09; removed 07-27-2010. Chemo (Carboplatin) with Radiation (IMRT) Jan. 2010 - March 16 2010. MRND 12-21-2010. Amifostine injections for first half of radiation, until allergic reactions got too bad.CT/PET done 06-28-10, results 07-02-10. Primary and formerly very large node now non-issues. Formerly enlarged node still slightly enlarged (but smaller than before), and showing slight metabolic activity on PET (SVU was 9, now 2). RO recommended doing a watch and wait on the node still showing activity. November PET and CT showed the node resisted treatment, size and PET activity had both increased; modified radical neck dissection done 12-21-2010 (all nodes on right side taken; the one we knew about was the only cancerous node). All food in by mouth since May. Lost nearly 70 lbs during tx - OK, since I went in 80 lbs overweight. Seems my body tolerated chemo/rads very well; will need to work on dissection "issues". Hoping we all do well.
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    HAWVET said:

Update on roll call
    Am starting to slowly update the roll call data. It is difficult to include all the miscellaneous information about your cancer so I will use a simpler format.

For first time enrollees, please indicate on the first line your state, date diagnosed if known and type of cancer. If you include your city, it will be published. On subsequent lines, you can include information on your status so others may receive updated information about you. This information will not be published but information for the readers only.

I had thought of giving it up since many have not checked back in. If you have already enrolled and had not reported back in since July 1, 2010, please report or you will be considered AWOL (LOL).

HAWVET

Up-date
    Hondo Still alive and doing well in 2011
    Lafayette Louisiana NPC Cancer March 2011 will make 5 years from last treatment
  • Agatha
    Agatha Member Posts: 62
    Options
    New to Roll Call
    Agatha
    Toronto, Canada
    Diagnosed October, 2010 with Stage IV tongue cancer on left side (Non-smoker, non-drinker, HPV negative) 26 years old. Removed November 1, 2010, margins were clear, 2 of 37 lymph nodes were positive. Skin graft from left arm. Currently undergoing radiation treatment (30 sessions) T2N2M0
  • buzz99
    buzz99 Member Posts: 404
    Options
    Roll Call
    66 year old male in New Mexico, diagnosed in August 2010 with BOT cancer with 1 lymph node involvement, 2 rounds of Taxotere,Cisplatin, 5-FU. Then Erbutux with radiation started in November. As of today, 1 Erbutux treatment to go and 4 radiation treatments.
  • BrianKrashpad
    BrianKrashpad Member Posts: 188
    Options
    New
    Home state: Florida

Status/date diagnosed: Left Tonsil, + 2 lymph nodes, T1N2bM0. 11/18/10

Discovered in surgery to take out what was thought to only be a cyst, which turned into radical neck dissection on left side only, tonsillectomy + 20 lymph nodes removed. Diagnosis/surgery date: 11/18/2010. Non-smoker, unknown HPV status.

In midst of both once-weekly chemo (carboplatin) and daily (M-F) radiation. Have had 4 chemos and 13 radiations as of today, have another 4 or so chemos and 22 zap-lab visits to go!

God's blessings on everyone.

Be well!
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options
    HAWVET said:

Update on roll call

HAWVET

update
    sweetblood22, pennsylvania, dx 12/08, SCC HNC unknown primary stage 4

fanconis anemia patient. modified radical neck dissection on left side, 23 lymphnodes removed, 3 cancerous. 30 IMRT, 200 CGY per day. 6,000 total, 5000 reg, and 1,000 neck boost 4-6-09 to 5-15-09. peg removed 9/10.
  • HAWVET
    HAWVET Member Posts: 318
    Options

New

Discovered in surgery to take out what was thought to only be a cyst, which turned into radical neck dissection on left side only, tonsillectomy + 20 lymph nodes removed. Diagnosis/surgery date: 11/18/2010. Non-smoker, unknown HPV status.

In midst of both once-weekly chemo (carboplatin) and daily (M-F) radiation. Have had 4 chemos and 13 radiations as of today, have another 4 or so chemos and 22 zap-lab visits to go!

Be well!

Thank you
    Thank you for enrolling. All entries before this have been noted and will be included in the roll call update. Will check again before posting the roll call.

HAWVET
  • areomech
    areomech Member Posts: 33
    Options
    HAWVET said:

Thank you
    Thank you for enrolling. All entries before this have been noted and will be included in the roll call update. Will check again before posting the roll call.

HAWVET

new
    Mike Cincinnati Oh, T1N0M0 Lt Tonsil T2N0M0 Rt Tonsil. Diagnose on 9-24-2010 tonsils removed 10-5-2010 started treatment on 11-15-2010 and finish 01-04-2011 35 rads and 3 cisplatin.
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    Skiffin16 - Update
    Skiffin16 ~ John

Still kickin and fishin when not workin...
    Lakeland, Florida - Diagnosed January 2009
    Tonsil Cancer, SCC STG III HPV+
    Cisplatin, Taxotere, 5FU, Carboplatin and 35 Rads
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options

New

Be well!

Florida
    Where are you in Florida Brian....
  • vermontliz
    vermontliz Member Posts: 11
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Skiffin16 - Update
    Skiffin16 ~ John

Roll Call
    My soul mate and husband diagnosed with SCC of the Base of Tongue stage IV December 2009. He is 57. Live in VT, treatments included induction chemo and the 35 rads to neck. Peg came, peg went. No cancer in the head and neck but showing up in bones.

Currently in a new chemo. I appreciate this network, reading about your experience - and so thankful for you all and every day. I come to this website often.

Positive energy is powerful and I am sending it all around with all of my might.
  • luv2cut1
    luv2cut1 Member Posts: 288
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Skiffin16 - Update
    Skiffin16 ~ John

NEW TO ROLL CALL - JANUARY 2011
    luv2cut1-Myka Landry, Colorado. Hubby Pat SCC supraglottis May 2008, recurrence in neck March 2009, chemo radiation 2008, radical neck dissection and chemo reirradiation finished Sept 2009. Scan Nov 2010 clean for SCC! Doing well, taking it one day at a time. Love everyone here on this board and thinking and praying for all of you always.
  • rozaroo
    rozaroo Member Posts: 665
    Options
    luv2cut1 said:

NEW TO ROLL CALL - JANUARY 2011
    luv2cut1-Myka Landry, Colorado. Hubby Pat SCC supraglottis May 2008, recurrence in neck March 2009, chemo radiation 2008, radical neck dissection and chemo reirradiation finished Sept 2009. Scan Nov 2010 clean for SCC! Doing well, taking it one day at a time. Love everyone here on this board and thinking and praying for all of you always.

Roll Call
    Rosalind Sudbury, Ontario Canada. Diiagnosed Dec 18th 2009 stage 4b cancer of the toncil.
    Treatment began on January 15th 2010 ended March 16th 2010 35 radiation & 3 chemo.So far so
    good!
  • pascotty
    pascotty Member Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    rozaroo said:

Roll Call
    Rosalind Sudbury, Ontario Canada. Diiagnosed Dec 18th 2009 stage 4b cancer of the toncil.
    Treatment began on January 15th 2010 ended March 16th 2010 35 radiation & 3 chemo.So far so
    good!

Roll Call January 2011
    SCC Right Tonsil T1N1M0 Stage II, diagnosed Nov 09, treatment - Tonsils removed, 9 back teeth removed, 2nd March 2010 Started 34 Radiation Treatment IMRT, 3 cisplatin, finished 23rd April, first pet scan showed all clear, yipee. Follow up appointments so far so good. Managed treatment really well, no peg, no sore throat. Lost taste buds and saliva, taste returned 3 weeks after treatment (not a great deal of sweet flavours though) Saliva about 60% back. Smoker and light drinker 44 yo female from Bunbury Western Australia. Found lump on right side of neck while rubbing hands across neck to put hair up in a ponytail, from there life turned to pooh. All good again now, back on track, positive and hopeful and looking forward to my future whatever it throws at me.
  • stevenl
    stevenl Member Posts: 587
    Options
    pascotty said:

Roll Call January 2011
    SCC Right Tonsil T1N1M0 Stage II, diagnosed Nov 09, treatment - Tonsils removed, 9 back teeth removed, 2nd March 2010 Started 34 Radiation Treatment IMRT, 3 cisplatin, finished 23rd April, first pet scan showed all clear, yipee. Follow up appointments so far so good. Managed treatment really well, no peg, no sore throat. Lost taste buds and saliva, taste returned 3 weeks after treatment (not a great deal of sweet flavours though) Saliva about 60% back. Smoker and light drinker 44 yo female from Bunbury Western Australia. Found lump on right side of neck while rubbing hands across neck to put hair up in a ponytail, from there life turned to pooh. All good again now, back on track, positive and hopeful and looking forward to my future whatever it throws at me.

Still Here
    Steve Thompson Texas

DX Jan 2010 SCC rt.tonsil with mets to nodes. Doing Great!!