ROLL CALL, January 2010

Options

Comments

• Christmas
    Christmas Member Posts: 100
    Options
    Late for July Check in
    Sorry, buried in work and missed the July roll call. Doing well. Little bothersome things, but nothing major.

Glad to hear from so many new members, and great to see posts from all.
  • oldejack
    oldejack Member Posts: 28
    Options
    roll call......
    line 'em up i ain't dead yet!!
    T2cN2cM0 squamous cell, left tonsil primary, 2 left neck nodes and 3 right neck nodes. .. (had to get that translated, one doc said thats stage 2 another (the correct answer) said 4b.) yeppers skin cancer from going to wayyyy to many nude beaches. and trust me it wasn't due to saying "hey look at that hot chick" more like "oh my god, what the @#$%^&*&^%$#@ were they thinking!?!"

my only recommendation is never ever ever EVER trust kaiser, not only did they completely miss the cancer despite multiple visits for swallowing and hearing issues (finally dx by a private doc), they followed that up 6 years later by refusing to treat a sinus infection for 15 months until i finally pitched a holy fit. .. and yet the damage caused by the infection is my fault according to them.
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    oldejack said:

roll call......
    line 'em up i ain't dead yet!!
    T2cN2cM0 squamous cell, left tonsil primary, 2 left neck nodes and 3 right neck nodes. .. (had to get that translated, one doc said thats stage 2 another (the correct answer) said 4b.) yeppers skin cancer from going to wayyyy to many nude beaches. and trust me it wasn't due to saying "hey look at that hot chick" more like "oh my god, what the @#$%^&*&^%$#@ were they thinking!?!"

my only recommendation is never ever ever EVER trust kaiser, not only did they completely miss the cancer despite multiple visits for swallowing and hearing issues (finally dx by a private doc), they followed that up 6 years later by refusing to treat a sinus infection for 15 months until i finally pitched a holy fit. .. and yet the damage caused by the infection is my fault according to them.

Hi oldejack
    How did you get rid of the infection, I have the same problem.

Take care
    Hondo
  • rmdgy
    rmdgy Member Posts: 22
    Options
    Roll Call
    Glenn, Georgia, 2009, SCC right tonsil/lymph nodes in neck, NED
  • scottied
    scottied Member Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    New to the line up
    diagnosed SCC base of tongue with lymphonde involvement. ended treatment Dec 24th 2009 radiation and cisplatin followed by a modified neck dissection in April 2010. Doing great so far (taste back, saliva probably 75%, gained the 35lbs i lost back) pet scan in Oct 2010 showed no signs of cancer (thank god). So far so good (knock on wood) Good luck to everyone else here.
    scottied
  • luv4lacrosse
    luv4lacrosse Member Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    ROLL CALL
    Mike Kraus (LUV 4 LAX) St. Louis Missouri. Noticed neck lump 6-6-10, diagnosed with SCC Right Tonsil w/ METS to 19 or 23 Lymph Nodes. Surgery(s) on 7-31 for tumor bleed, 8-2 for Tonsillectomy and removal of surrounding Soft Pallate Tissue, 8-6 for Selective Neck Dissection on the Right Side. 30 rads and 3 Cisplatins which ended 10-20-10.

Have had 1 Neck CT and 1 Chest CT all good to go with first PET on 2-21-11.

Thanks to all who supported me through this trying time.

BEST!!

Mike
  • Mikki332
    Mikki332 Member Posts: 49
    Options

ROLL CALL
    Mike Kraus (LUV 4 LAX) St. Louis Missouri. Noticed neck lump 6-6-10, diagnosed with SCC Right Tonsil w/ METS to 19 or 23 Lymph Nodes. Surgery(s) on 7-31 for tumor bleed, 8-2 for Tonsillectomy and removal of surrounding Soft Pallate Tissue, 8-6 for Selective Neck Dissection on the Right Side. 30 rads and 3 Cisplatins which ended 10-20-10.

Have had 1 Neck CT and 1 Chest CT all good to go with first PET on 2-21-11.

Thanks to all who supported me through this trying time.

BEST!!

Mike

Roll Call
    Husband, Gary (happy 29th anniversary today love!), South Dakota, DX October 2010, Squamous cell base of tongue and gland, no surgical option, Stage IVa....One week post treatment, 35 rads and 1 cisplatin changed to 4 weekly chemos due to ringing in ears and hearing loss. No follow up scans yet.....trusting!

Thanks to all of you for your great ideas and support.....this site has been a God-send!
  • Bigfuzzydoug
    Bigfuzzydoug Member Posts: 154
    Options
    I never roll called? Oh well... I'm in!
    'Bigfuzzydoug'
    aka Doug Bernstein
    Mooresville, NC
    laryngeal squamous cell carcinoma T2/N0/M0 (left arytanoid above vocal chord)
    non-smoker, non-drinker, non-acid reflux, HPV+
    laryngoscopy removal of primary tumor
    malignant diagnosed 7/8/2010
    35 radiation therapy treatments 8/12-9/30
    1st post-treatment PET/CT 12/3 - NED
    Current state: REMISSION
  • Dazey
    Dazey Member Posts: 91
    Options

I never roll called? Oh well... I'm in!
    'Bigfuzzydoug'
    aka Doug Bernstein
    Mooresville, NC
    laryngeal squamous cell carcinoma T2/N0/M0 (left arytanoid above vocal chord)
    non-smoker, non-drinker, non-acid reflux, HPV+
    laryngoscopy removal of primary tumor
    malignant diagnosed 7/8/2010
    35 radiation therapy treatments 8/12-9/30
    1st post-treatment PET/CT 12/3 - NED
    Current state: REMISSION

roll call
    14 months post treatment - squamous cell, unknown primary, one node removed, 35 IMRT tx only - no chemo - worked throughout treatment (and still work) lost 44 pounds; doing very well - check ups show no recurrence -eating most foods, some residual swallowing problems which are very intermittent and can usually be quickly remedied with moving neck position and a little water. Still here and doing great. Plan: to still be here and still do great. Dazey
  • fisrpotpe
    fisrpotpe Member Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I'm in...
    Jan. 19, 1996 SSC 5 golf ball sized node wrapped around carotid, 38 rad. treatments, 3 chemo weeks in hospital 24 hours 5 days in row, radical neck dissection.
    July 11, 2008 diagnosed with radionercrosis of pharynx, trach added, 9 wks of anti biotic 3 times per day IV. 40 HBO treatments
    Feb. 5th, 2009 SCC removed from back of tongue, nice divot on side in back
    March 5th 2006 broke neck in construction accident, no surgery do to radiation damage, 5 month neck brace

to date, dry mouth, hard to swallow, alcohol and spicy food do not work

John
  • pattyanny
    pattyanny Member Posts: 544
    Options
    pattyanny said:

Pattyanny,New York,7/09
    Pattyanny,New York,7/09 Undiagnosed Primary
    Completed Rads & Chemo 10/09 Clean PET 1/14/10 Awaiting 2nd Pet 4/2010.
    Thank you & God bless you all!

Update
    Received my NED diagnosis in 10/10, and was de-ported 12/10! Life is good!
  • Glenna M
    Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576
    Options
    fisrpotpe said:

I'm in...
    Jan. 19, 1996 SSC 5 golf ball sized node wrapped around carotid, 38 rad. treatments, 3 chemo weeks in hospital 24 hours 5 days in row, radical neck dissection.
    July 11, 2008 diagnosed with radionercrosis of pharynx, trach added, 9 wks of anti biotic 3 times per day IV. 40 HBO treatments
    Feb. 5th, 2009 SCC removed from back of tongue, nice divot on side in back
    March 5th 2006 broke neck in construction accident, no surgery do to radiation damage, 5 month neck brace

to date, dry mouth, hard to swallow, alcohol and spicy food do not work

John

Still here :)
    Glenna M - New Hampshire - NSCLC Adenocarcinoma left lung and SCC Supraglottic in larynx. Fifteen months post treatment. Scan in August '10 showed I am still in remission.
    Next scan will be in February. Feeling good and enjoying every day!!
  • terryscarlett
    terryscarlett Member Posts: 143
    Options
    Roll call
    terryscarlett tonsil cancer, 39 rads 3 cisplatin Knoxville Tn finished treatments Nov. 15 2010, Diagnoded July 2010. God bless us all ! ! !
  • donna340
    donna340 Member Posts: 72
    Options
    Roll Call
    Donna Walkerton, IN

First - 2003 SCC tongue cancer right side (seven years clean) then in November 2010 SCC Tongue cancer right side returned (no trace of HPV on any of the die test) Under close watch every six weeks and remove any spot that returns.
  • tonyanddenise
    tonyanddenise Member Posts: 70
    Options
    update
    Ohio still plugging along. learning to deal with this! glad to still be here.
  • caspercamp
    caspercamp Member Posts: 7
    Options
    Roll Call
    Ted Camp, McKinney,TX 50 yr-old male. Diagnosed 5/26/2010
    SCC in rt tonsil.Stage IV. HPV/P16 Pos. 35 rounds of radiation
    with 3 doses of Cisplatin. Finished treatment 9/15/2010.
    Modified neck dissection scheduled for 1/10/2010. Looking
    forward to being NED and putting this all behind me(and
    getting this *@#%ing PEG removed). Best of Luck to everyone!
  • kingcole42005
    kingcole42005 Member Posts: 178
    Options
    Roll Call
    Shelly C., California, 2010, Mucoepidermoid Carcinoma
  • HAWVET
    HAWVET Member Posts: 318
    Options

Roll Call
    Shelly C., California, 2010, Mucoepidermoid Carcinoma

Update on roll call
    Am starting to slowly update the roll call data. It is difficult to include all the miscellaneous information about your cancer so I will use a simpler format.

For first time enrollees, please indicate on the first line your state, date diagnosed if known and type of cancer. If you include your city, it will be published. On subsequent lines, you can include information on your status so others may receive updated information about you. This information will not be published but information for the readers only.

I had thought of giving it up since many have not checked back in. If you have already enrolled and had not reported back in since July 1, 2010, please report or you will be considered AWOL (LOL).

Aloha and Haouoli Makahiki Hou (Happy New Year) to all.

HAWVET
  • dennis318
    dennis318 Member Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    HAWVET said:

Update on roll call
    Am starting to slowly update the roll call data. It is difficult to include all the miscellaneous information about your cancer so I will use a simpler format.

For first time enrollees, please indicate on the first line your state, date diagnosed if known and type of cancer. If you include your city, it will be published. On subsequent lines, you can include information on your status so others may receive updated information about you. This information will not be published but information for the readers only.

I had thought of giving it up since many have not checked back in. If you have already enrolled and had not reported back in since July 1, 2010, please report or you will be considered AWOL (LOL).

HAWVET

Update
    Dennis, Spring Hill Tn. Squamous 4 on larnyx, botched surgery by 1 Doctor, partial voice, 1/2 a airway, trying to put life back to gether emotional and physically. be out 1 year January 28th, from radiation, weight gain of 10 lbs, for the year, 155 now, breathing is difficult due to coldness at times, and still suffer from fatigue, I am trying harder for 2011to make positive strides against this thing that devistated my life, CANCER...Mentally and Physcially, thank everyone that was there to listen to my times of loneliness, and weak moments...Dennis
  • MarkN_CT
    MarkN_CT Member Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    HAWVET said:

Update on roll call

HAWVET

Roll Call
    Mark N., Connecticut, diagnosed May 2010, SCC Tongue (recurrent)
    Almost 5 months post treatment - Surgery to remove about a third of my tongue, then 30 rads, 5 shots of chemo.