• frank10g
    frank10g Member Posts: 37
    Options
    staceya said:

Roll Call
    New
    Dx Dec 2009
    Stage 1 NPC. on day 9 of 35 rad txs.
    Thanks for all of the support on this site!

New Roll Call
    oops.. sorry, posted twice
  • CajunEagle
    CajunEagle Member Posts: 408
    Options
    frank10g said:

New Roll Call
    oops.. sorry, posted twice

New Roll Call
    Larry..... Louisiana. Stage 4 left tonsilar squamish cancer. Diagnosed 2-4-09 (hey Wow. Tommorrow is my anniversary) 8 rounds of chemo (Cisplatnin, Taxtera, 5 F-U). 36 lovely rounds of radiation. Completed therapy on 6-6-09. Doing great. Pet-scans negative. Eating well. Driving the ball well, but still can't putt.
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options

New Roll Call
    Larry..... Louisiana. Stage 4 left tonsilar squamish cancer. Diagnosed 2-4-09 (hey Wow. Tommorrow is my anniversary) 8 rounds of chemo (Cisplatnin, Taxtera, 5 F-U). 36 lovely rounds of radiation. Completed therapy on 6-6-09. Doing great. Pet-scans negative. Eating well. Driving the ball well, but still can't putt.

CajunEagle
    Happy anniversary I hope all continues to go well for you. I hear that the weather man is forecasting snow in Hell on Sunday if Who dat Saints win the super bowl.
  • ratface
    ratface Member Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Hondo said:

CajunEagle
    Happy anniversary I hope all continues to go well for you. I hear that the weather man is forecasting snow in Hell on Sunday if Who dat Saints win the super bowl.

would like to see a few of these
    Rick

Age 50 at DX July 13 2009. T1N2BMO, stage IV- BOT-2 nodes right side, HPV negative, drinker-smoker, cisplatin x 3 IMRT x 39 70 GY, pegged and ported. Started treatment on 8-3 2009. Selective neck disection 11/30/2009, 9 nodes removed-neg pathology
  • ballonk
    ballonk Member Posts: 39
    Options
    New To Roll Call
    Kathy B - Louisiana (non-smoker and light drinker)

February 2001: Diagnosed with SCC of left side of tongue; had surgery with clear margins (no chemo or radiation). Regular followup appointments with my ENT who did a physical exam and an occasional chest Xray.

August 2003: I found a lump in the left side of my neck (ENT missed it during his exam a week prior). I was diagnosed with a reoccurrence of SCC in left neck. Had a radical left neck dissection (approximately 80 lymph nodes removed) and tonsils removed; followed by 2 months of IMRT radiation. Finished radiation treatments in December 2003.

February 2009: I'm still alive, well and full of hell! My radiation oncologist has not declared me cancer-free but he considers me "out of the woods".

My prayers are with all of you!
  • ratface
    ratface Member Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    ballonk said:

New To Roll Call
    Kathy B - Louisiana (non-smoker and light drinker)

February 2001: Diagnosed with SCC of left side of tongue; had surgery with clear margins (no chemo or radiation). Regular followup appointments with my ENT who did a physical exam and an occasional chest Xray.

August 2003: I found a lump in the left side of my neck (ENT missed it during his exam a week prior). I was diagnosed with a reoccurrence of SCC in left neck. Had a radical left neck dissection (approximately 80 lymph nodes removed) and tonsils removed; followed by 2 months of IMRT radiation. Finished radiation treatments in December 2003.

February 2009: I'm still alive, well and full of hell! My radiation oncologist has not declared me cancer-free but he considers me "out of the woods".

My prayers are with all of you!

thanks Kathy
    Kathy you inspire me, glad you posted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ballonk
    ballonk Member Posts: 39
    Options
    ratface said:

thanks Kathy
    Kathy you inspire me, glad you posted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ratface...
    ...you're very welcome! While I wouldn't wish cancer on anyone; my life is so much better in so many ways since my diagnosis. So many negatives turned into so many positives over the years.

My prayers are with you!
  • D Lewis
    D Lewis Member Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options

Michael 'Mick' Morris
    Michael 'Mick' Morris, California. SCC unknown origin stage IV (lymph mets) Dx 12/09. Treatment (so far) surgery; rads and chemo to come. Very much alive.

Deb Lewis
    Deb Lewis, California. As yet undiagnosed. 3-cm metastatic SCC in lymph node -removed from upper right neck on Jan 20, 2010. Scoping showed nothing. Today; PET-CT deemed not medically necessary by insurance "as my doctor had not performed any other diagnostic tests." MRI now scheduled for Feb 9th. The engine is revving but I seem to be stuck in neutral.
  • jkinobay
    jkinobay Member Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    JKINOBAY Checking in
    Hawvet, thanks for keeping tabs on us. Hopefully this tradition will continue for many years.

As for me, HPV+ lymph nodes and tonsil, left side, 5/07. Surgery for lymph nodes, then tonsillectomy, followed by 35 IMRT and 7 Cisplatin ending 10.31.07. PET scans are beautiful with the most recent in Oct. 09. Next is Oct. 10. Doing very well, I'd say 90% of the "old" normal. Retired after 34 years with the same employer on 1.1.10. Still living/fishing in Mexico and chasing grandkids in California, New Mexico and a daughter & husband in Dallas. So, all is well.

My prayer is for continued improvement for all of us. Take care.............JK
  • fbcuthguy
    fbcuthguy Member Posts: 15
    Options
    Rob Myers
    Rob Myers, Tennessee, SCC unknown primary Stage IV; Dx: Sept. '09. 9 weeks induction taxol/carbo. On treatment 22 of 35 rads + chemo.
  • pattyanny
    pattyanny Member Posts: 544
    Options
    Pattyanny,New York,7/09
    Pattyanny,New York,7/09 Undiagnosed Primary
    Completed Rads & Chemo 10/09 Clean PET 1/14/10 Awaiting 2nd Pet 4/2010.
    Thank you & God bless you all!
  • HAWVET
    HAWVET Member Posts: 318
    Options
    pattyanny said:

Pattyanny,New York,7/09
    Pattyanny,New York,7/09 Undiagnosed Primary
    Completed Rads & Chemo 10/09 Clean PET 1/14/10 Awaiting 2nd Pet 4/2010.
    Thank you & God bless you all!

Update to roll call
    Thank you to those who have checked in. If you are already registered and have not checked in since January of this year, please give a short updated status.

For those registering for the first time, please include your home state, year cancer started, type of cancer if known, and status of treatment.

A complete update is posted every six months. The next roll call is in July 2010.

Aloha,

Johnny
  • JGE
    JGE Member Posts: 51
    Options
    jkinobay said:

JKINOBAY Checking in
    Hawvet, thanks for keeping tabs on us. Hopefully this tradition will continue for many years.

As for me, HPV+ lymph nodes and tonsil, left side, 5/07. Surgery for lymph nodes, then tonsillectomy, followed by 35 IMRT and 7 Cisplatin ending 10.31.07. PET scans are beautiful with the most recent in Oct. 09. Next is Oct. 10. Doing very well, I'd say 90% of the "old" normal. Retired after 34 years with the same employer on 1.1.10. Still living/fishing in Mexico and chasing grandkids in California, New Mexico and a daughter & husband in Dallas. So, all is well.

My prayer is for continued improvement for all of us. Take care.............JK

1st time rollcall
    Diagnosed Aug. 2008 BOT w/ 2 nodes. 2 Nodes removed for biopsy. SCCHN. Chemo and Rads. PEG and Port. Total HELL til Nov 2008. Returned to work 1/5/2009. All scans clear. Still here as of 3/15/10!

Other info. Port and PEG removed within 6 weeks of treatment end. Taste is better than 85%, Saliva is about 60%, fluctuates but is tolerable. Mild soreness in neck/Jaw area. Mild persistent cough (starting to concern me). Teeth still good (none removed), Lost 45 pounds total and got back 30 but can't gain any more weight no matter what I eat. Mild depression, fear and worry remain.

Next PET 3/16/10 (2moro). Wish me luck!
  • Fire34
    Fire34 Member Posts: 365
    Options
    Roll Call
    David Ulivi - Illinois - SCC of the head & neck stage IV hpv positive 8 weeks of chemo and 5 weeks concurrent radiation/chemo with twice daily radiation - 3 months out PET/CT clear diagnosed 7/09
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options
    Fire34 said:

Roll Call
    David Ulivi - Illinois - SCC of the head & neck stage IV hpv positive 8 weeks of chemo and 5 weeks concurrent radiation/chemo with twice daily radiation - 3 months out PET/CT clear diagnosed 7/09

roll call
    sweetblood22, SCC HNC unknown primary stage 4. dx 12/09. fanconis anemia patient. modified radical neck dissection on left side, 23 lymphnodes removed, 3 cancerous. 30 IMRT, 200 CGY per day. 6,000 total, 5000 reg, and 1,000 neck boost 4-6-09 to 5-15-09. pennsylvania.
  • staceya
    staceya Member Posts: 720
    Options

roll call
    sweetblood22, SCC HNC unknown primary stage 4. dx 12/09. fanconis anemia patient. modified radical neck dissection on left side, 23 lymphnodes removed, 3 cancerous. 30 IMRT, 200 CGY per day. 6,000 total, 5000 reg, and 1,000 neck boost 4-6-09 to 5-15-09. pennsylvania.

Roll call
    Stacey
    Dx 12/2009
    SCC HNC Stage Tumor 1, Node 0-1
    35 IMRT rads & amifostine ended 3/9/10.
  • Kent Cass
    Kent Cass Member Posts: 1,898 Member
    Options
    Kent Cass
    Kent Cass, Illinois. NPC diagnosed 11/08. Unknown Primary. Cisplatin and FU5 with accelerated delivery via 96-hour pumps in weeks #1 and #4, while getting 31 full H&N rads- completed 4/09. Returned to work a month after last rad. Next Pet Scan 4/8/10.
  • victor53
    victor53 Member Posts: 97
    Options
    still ok
    hanging tough... i dont even remember my dates anymore... a little lingering chemo fog maybe...
  • Hal61
    Hal61 Member Posts: 655
    Options
    New Roll Call
    Hal 61, California, diagnosed stage 3, SCC with primary at base of tongue with metastasis to 2 lymph nodes confined to left side in November, 2009. Completed chemo and 35 radiation treatments on 03/25. Will recover for 4 to 6 weeks before 1st scan.
  • HAWVET
    HAWVET Member Posts: 318
    Options
    Hal61 said:

New Roll Call
    Hal 61, California, diagnosed stage 3, SCC with primary at base of tongue with metastasis to 2 lymph nodes confined to left side in November, 2009. Completed chemo and 35 radiation treatments on 03/25. Will recover for 4 to 6 weeks before 1st scan.

Thank you. Also Victor 53 welcome back
    Thank you all for posting. My best wishes to all and hope to see you back for roll call in July.

Victor 53, I was answering a PM. I mentioned your name to the person since I remember you were supposed to return from Costa Rica early this year. You had not checked in and was hoping you were still okay.