Options
12345679»

Comments

• Harmanygroves
    Harmanygroves Member Posts: 486 Member
    edited August 2021 #162
    Options

Whoops, sorry Deb!

Didn’t mean to call you the wrong name, Deb! People have a tendency to call me Ruth (4 letter name, starts with "R") and it is annoying, so try to make sure I get names correct. Sorry I goofed up with yours.

Glad to hear you were pleased with how the performance went. It sounds exhausting for anyone, much less someone dealing with side effects of cancer treatments. 

No worries!

I was delighted to be able to lift and carry lots and lots of equipment ---remember, I'm "athletic / sturdily built," according to the Tanita weight assessment scale at my very high-tech and immaculate gym in downtown Portland, Oregon! I'm owning that, although I'm now just beginning to take off some of this cancer weight. I'm a gainer, not a loser, and reluctantly gave my niece the cutest pair of size 10 jeans just last night...

That size is not in my wheelhouse right now. Not even close!

Still exhausted, but company in town all week and another performance coming up at a local festival this Sunday. I'm trying to rest as much as I can. I also have a "big" doctor appointment on the 31st, and expect my doctor to ask me why I'm not using the dilators. It's not good. I just.....don't find time. Must do it, though.

• cmb
    cmb Member Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited August 2021 #163
    Options

No worries!

I was delighted to be able to lift and carry lots and lots of equipment ---remember, I'm "athletic / sturdily built," according to the Tanita weight assessment scale at my very high-tech and immaculate gym in downtown Portland, Oregon! I'm owning that, although I'm now just beginning to take off some of this cancer weight. I'm a gainer, not a loser, and reluctantly gave my niece the cutest pair of size 10 jeans just last night...

That size is not in my wheelhouse right now. Not even close!

Still exhausted, but company in town all week and another performance coming up at a local festival this Sunday. I'm trying to rest as much as I can. I also have a "big" doctor appointment on the 31st, and expect my doctor to ask me why I'm not using the dilators. It's not good. I just.....don't find time. Must do it, though.

Deb,

I'm glad to hear that you were able to manage the two days of performance and ancillary activities (moving equipment, etc.) While it all sounds exhausting to me, I'm sure it felt good getting back to something you really enjoy.

Since I only had external radiation, I wasn't given the dilators to use. I can imagine they would be annoying to use on a regular basis. I will say however, my gynecological oncologist has the best technique when doing my regular follow-up exams. There are times when he's finished with inserting the speculum and looked inside before I've realized he's started! Of course, the pressing on the vagina and rectum to feel for any abnormalities isn't comfortable, but that's never been painful like the speculums have been with other doctors over the years.

• Harmanygroves
    Harmanygroves Member Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    cmb said:

Deb,

I'm glad to hear that you were able to manage the two days of performance and ancillary activities (moving equipment, etc.) While it all sounds exhausting to me, I'm sure it felt good getting back to something you really enjoy.

Since I only had external radiation, I wasn't given the dilators to use. I can imagine they would be annoying to use on a regular basis. I will say however, my gynecological oncologist has the best technique when doing my regular follow-up exams. There are times when he's finished with inserting the speculum and looked inside before I've realized he's started! Of course, the pressing on the vagina and rectum to feel for any abnormalities isn't comfortable, but that's never been painful like the speculums have been with other doctors over the years.

Thank you, CMB!

I am still "bone tired," but am very satisfied with how our two nights went, for the most part. The first night was stressful beyond belief, but I've been preparing for this. My 'phantom uterus" is a bit sore, but I've been through a lot this year!

Step....by step. The 29th is the next big show, then I have a break for a while. Glad about that!

• BluebirdOne
    BluebirdOne Member Posts: 656 Member
    edited August 2021 #165
    Options

Whoops, sorry Deb!

Didn’t mean to call you the wrong name, Deb! People have a tendency to call me Ruth (4 letter name, starts with "R") and it is annoying, so try to make sure I get names correct. Sorry I goofed up with yours.

Glad to hear you were pleased with how the performance went. It sounds exhausting for anyone, much less someone dealing with side effects of cancer treatments. 

no worries.

When people get my name wrong,, I get Diane, Debbie, or Donna.I usually know they are talking about me, a "D" name. Just don't call me late for dinner! (Sad old joke).  Cool

Denise, Diane, Debbie, Donna.