Good news thread

Options

Comments

• Dak82
    Dak82 Member Posts: 109 Member
    edited August 2021 #142
    Options
    Thanks to all

Love that everyone takes time to do some cheering! We all need--and need to cheer for someone! Now dealing with infusion center confusion. Went to main Huntsman Center for dostarlimab infusion and was told it was cancelled--by accident so got that resolved. Now it turns out they don't have the dostarlimab in this pharmacy--it's at the one I last was treated at. Good thing it's on the way home and I have nearly infinite time to waste. Still on a high from scan results so it's not bothering us too much. So we are headed to lunch then my third attempt to get an infusion today. All you can do is laugh!

Deb

• BluebirdOne
    BluebirdOne Member Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    The news we love to hear!

Congrats on the scan, hope you get your infusion sorted out. Consider us cheered up!

Denise 

• RainbowRita
    RainbowRita Member Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    So happy for you, Deb! :-)

I am a little late to the party, but count me amonst those who are thrilled for your good news. You are always such a positive force around here. We are all "pulling for you" Deb! I was worried for you, so am so glad you had some positive news to share. 

- Rita

• els19
    els19 Member Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Congratulations

So happy to hear your good news! Thank you for sharing. It certainly cheered me!

• Maxster
    Maxster Member Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

I am elated at your good news!  Your comments really show your strength.

• thatblondegirl
    thatblondegirl Member Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Waiting!

I've been waiting to hear your scan results! Praying for good news for you! YAY! This is very good news, Deb!! Makes what you still have ahead more tolerable knowing that it's working!,

❌⭕️, Alicia

• Harmanygroves
    Harmanygroves Member Posts: 486 Member
    edited August 2021 #148
    Options
    Headling Band!

My band is headlining the county fair and rodeo. Tonight is our first performance. I play keyboards, synthesizer, and fiddle, along with some percussion instruments. I'm the "voice" of the band, so have a lot of 3 x 5 notecards with bad jokes and comments, ha ha!

BREAK a leg!

This is the event I've worked my backside off for, to get fit and in shape for since my radiation ended on July 1. I am extremely proud of myself for having the energy to perform two shows over two days, sound check at 7 after set up, then playing 9 to 11 thirty Friday and Saturday night.

I'll try to post a photo or too soon! We have to work so hard to live our lives. I'm taking a break from the big C and having a big L ---a big life!

• MAbound
    MAbound Member Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited August 2021 #149
    Options

Headling Band!

My band is headlining the county fair and rodeo. Tonight is our first performance. I play keyboards, synthesizer, and fiddle, along with some percussion instruments. I'm the "voice" of the band, so have a lot of 3 x 5 notecards with bad jokes and comments, ha ha!

BREAK a leg!

This is the event I've worked my backside off for, to get fit and in shape for since my radiation ended on July 1. I am extremely proud of myself for having the energy to perform two shows over two days, sound check at 7 after set up, then playing 9 to 11 thirty Friday and Saturday night.

I'll try to post a photo or too soon! We have to work so hard to live our lives. I'm taking a break from the big C and having a big L ---a big life!

Have Fun!

This sounds like your happy place! Enjoy!

• RainbowRita
    edited August 2021 #150
    Options
    I made it! :-)

Yesterday was my final chemo treatment! It has been a long "journey" all right.  I received my diagnosis of endometrial cancer on October 20th, 2020. Had a modified radical hysterectomy on December 14th. Grade 1, Stage IIIB. 1st chemo infusion on 2/4, last one yesterday with radiation therapy sandwiched in-between. Got my 2nd Neulasta shot today. I go back on 9/20 for post-chemo labs and a “baseline” CT of my pelvis, abdomen and chest.

Yes, I finally made it to the "finish line" and all the wonderful witty and wise women on this board helped me make it there with my sanity intact. I will continue to check often and hopefully can be one of the ones who can offer advice to others just starting out on this “journey” no one wants to be on. For those of you who might be interested in more details of my story, I finally got around to filling out the “about me” page…well, most of it anyway.

• Harmanygroves
    edited August 2021 #151
    Options

Yesterday was my final chemo treatment! It has been a long "journey" all right.  I received my diagnosis of endometrial cancer on October 20th, 2020. Had a modified radical hysterectomy on December 14th. Grade 1, Stage IIIB. 1st chemo infusion on 2/4, last one yesterday with radiation therapy sandwiched in-between. Got my 2nd Neulasta shot today. I go back on 9/20 for post-chemo labs and a “baseline” CT of my pelvis, abdomen and chest.

Yes, I finally made it to the "finish line" and all the wonderful witty and wise women on this board helped me make it there with my sanity intact. I will continue to check often and hopefully can be one of the ones who can offer advice to others just starting out on this “journey” no one wants to be on. For those of you who might be interested in more details of my story, I finally got around to filling out the “about me” page…well, most of it anyway.

10/20/2020!!!! Those numbers!

Lovely Rita, CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!

That is indeed amazing, and I can't wait to read your story, which I will do right now.

Your posts are always so interesting.

Love,

Deb

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    edited August 2021 #152
    Options
    Congrats RR! Now, give

Congrats RR! Now, give yourself time to rebuild your strength. Be patient and kind to yourself during this process.

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• Dak82
    Options

Headling Band!

BREAK a leg!

Sounds great!

Absolutely break a leg! Sounds like a wonderful place to be after all the stresses of the past 50 days. Have a great time!

Deb

• Dak82
    edited August 2021 #154
    Options

So wonderful!

Rita that is so great to hear! Praying your scan is "clean and green".

Many hugs,

Deb

• Lyn70
    Lyn70 Member Posts: 214 Member
    Options

Congrats Lyn70!  I think you

Congrats Lyn70!  I think you will find Brachy to be much easier than the rest of your treatments. At least it wasn't too bad for me.

Once you are completely finished, be patient with yourself. Your body will need some time to heal and will get stronger over time.

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

Brachy didn't deserve all that anxiety

Cindi, 

You are so right about brachy. I went in armed with ibuprofen and lorazepam! I owned up to my intense anxiety to the tech. She is always so reassuring. Doctor was so gentle and patient finding the right size applicator. I said no to two and then the right one. What a relief! After the placement some adjusting for back pain during treatment planning. My yoga breathing and lights out and prayers and it was time. My actual treatment was 5 minutes.

Removing the applicator on a countdiwn of three, two & one  was okay, too. 

Brachy number 2 and 3 next week and that fear is gone.

I hope I can offer this encouragement to someone in the communiy as you did me. Love to All

• Lyn70
    Lyn70 Member Posts: 214 Member
    edited August 2021 #156
    Options

Congrats RR Wonderful!

RR,

You have made it. Such welcome news from you lightens my heart. 

You helped me advice about radiation diarrhea and imodium, eating  and being ready with a change of clothes. I started pelvic floor therapy this past Friday. My insurance approved 24 sessions. I am encouraged this will help me with bladder and bowel control and less painful future pelvic exams. I wanted to put that out there for other ladies to pursue.  Love to All. 

• Harmanygroves
    Options
    Dak82 said:

Sounds great!

Absolutely break a leg! Sounds like a wonderful place to be after all the stresses of the past 50 days. Have a great time!

Deb

Thanks!

We were great, and back again tonight for performance night 2!

I have worked out so hard to build stamina for this. I'm exhausted, but I've got this!

• thatblondegirl
    thatblondegirl Member Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, RR!

I'm so happy for you that you are done! Now, for the recovery! Yay! You made it!

I'm 5 months post-chemo now and I think I continue to get a little better every day. As I've mentioned on other threads (I think!), during the horrible heat of summer around here, it's hard to distinguish what exactly causes more or less fatigue or general feelings of crumminess on any one day. Is it the exhausting heat? The fact that I'm only 5 months post-treatment? Is it the immunotherapy? In a few more months I should be A Lot better!

My point.....I know we're all so anxious to feel like ourselves again, and so anxious for this to be OVER! That day WILL come! Just try to give yourself a break and enjoy things that make you happy! I read something the other day about recovery after cancer treatment ...wondering how many months it might take. It specifically said not to worry about having a clean house! OK, good! ?

Oh....and I now know this....a couple of weeks ago I started to notice that my eyelashes weren't looking so good. :(( They had been fully back by the 2 month mark. Apparently I've lost sone and now I have a full line of lashes, but a bunch of them are short. I Googled it and losing eyelashes twice is not too unusual. Just FYI!

Love to All,

Alicia

• RainbowRita
    edited August 2021 #159
    Options
    Thanks to all. :-)

Thanks so much to all of you for your words of encouragement and always such sound advice. Not feeling so hot today, but I imagine it is from the Neulasta injection. At least this time around, I’ve got a decent pain killer if the pain gets too bad.

And to Denise (harmanygroves)...you are such an inspiration with your vivacious wit and many talents. Thanks for sharing with us info about your performances. :-) I always enjoy reading your posts. :-)

• Harmanygroves
    edited August 2021 #160
    Options

Thanks to all. :-)

Thanks so much to all of you for your words of encouragement and always such sound advice. Not feeling so hot today, but I imagine it is from the Neulasta injection. At least this time around, I’ve got a decent pain killer if the pain gets too bad.

And to Denise (harmanygroves)...you are such an inspiration with your vivacious wit and many talents. Thanks for sharing with us info about your performances. :-) I always enjoy reading your posts. :-)

You Are So Sweet!

I'm so exhausted today after my two nights of full-on performance. If you ever want to hear the kind of stuff we play, and can tolerate listening to a little rock n roll, listen to Lynyrd Skynyrd's song "Call Me the Breeze."

When I was first diagnosed with cancer, I set myself to the task of learning the keyboard solo to that, and I DID IT! Check it out!

(I'm a weirdo musician).

I am exhausted, purley exhausted, but I got through two ten-hour days of "on my feet" and totally in performance mode, which includes jokes, witty repertoire, music, fiddle (think Dixieland Delight and Seminole Wind), keyboards, synthesizer, and percussion. I also dance while I play keyboards, so it's a huge caloric and energy output---but I DID IT! My "ex" uterus etc. is kind of sore today, but I'm doing quite well for doing two days of all that---and set up and tear down!

Deb aka THE OTHER DEB!

(Denise is Bluebird, but we have similar personalities, I think---but she won't bore you with musician babble!)

• RainbowRita
    Options
    Whoops, sorry Deb!

Didn’t mean to call you the wrong name, Deb! People have a tendency to call me Ruth (4 letter name, starts with "R") and it is annoying, so try to make sure I get names correct. Sorry I goofed up with yours.

Glad to hear you were pleased with how the performance went. It sounds exhausting for anyone, much less someone dealing with side effects of cancer treatments.