Good news thread

Options

Comments

• Harmanygroves
    Harmanygroves Member Posts: 486 Member
    edited August 2021 #122
    Options

I reached my 10 year mark today (really Aug 22- date of last chemo treatment) but had my Gyn Onc Dr appointment today.  She said everything looked great and CA 125 test was 13.8 which is around what it has been the last 5 years.

Stage 3c1 Grade 3 Uterine cancer carcinoma sarcoma.  Surgery 8 April 2011 Total Adominal Hysterectomy removing eveything including the omentem.  Six chemo treatment of Carbo/taxol and no radiation.  Still here with no recurrance.

This is my good news for tday as I just had my dr visit for check up. Time to go another roman numeral V (5) on my tattoo. trish

Congrats!

You are doing great! I bet that's one cool tattoo, one to be proud of! Sending you a hug and please know I'm so happy for you. 

• txtrisha55
    txtrisha55 Member Posts: 693 Member
    edited August 2021 #123
    Options

Congrats!

You are doing great! I bet that's one cool tattoo, one to be proud of! Sending you a hug and please know I'm so happy for you. 

Tattoo is my picture

Yes I designed it and told the guy exactly what I wanted even had pictures of the shape and color of the wings (Purple) and the ribbon had to be Peachy not pink.  Then had the number 5 put at the bottom of it as I got it 5 years after my last chemo treatment now I need to add another 5 under the last 5 to make it 10. 

I picked the tattoo to be my picture.  I will update when I get the other 5 put on it.  First Tattoo of my life when I turned 60.  Just turned 65 31 July.   Thanks for the congrats. I just wanted to post to let people know it is doable to get past the cancer. 

Praying and wishing everyone postive thoughts and taking it one day at a time.  trish

• cmb
    cmb Member Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

I reached my 10 year mark today (really Aug 22- date of last chemo treatment) but had my Gyn Onc Dr appointment today.  She said everything looked great and CA 125 test was 13.8 which is around what it has been the last 5 years.

Stage 3c1 Grade 3 Uterine cancer carcinoma sarcoma.  Surgery 8 April 2011 Total Adominal Hysterectomy removing eveything including the omentem.  Six chemo treatment of Carbo/taxol and no radiation.  Still here with no recurrance.

This is my good news for tday as I just had my dr visit for check up. Time to go another roman numeral V (5) on my tattoo. trish

10 Years!

Trish,

I always look forward to your annual August check in. And 10 years is really something to savor! I don't have any tattoos, but maybe when I hit the five-year mark …

• Frances081920
    Frances081920 Member Posts: 37 Member
    edited August 2021 #125
    Options

that is great news

How wonderful for you may God bless you and keep you cancer free

• Harmanygroves
    Options
    cmb said:

10 Years!

Trish,

I always look forward to your annual August check in. And 10 years is really something to savor! I don't have any tattoos, but maybe when I hit the five-year mark …

I'm Not Entirely Opposed Either!

CMB - I'm intrigued that you would consider one yourself at the five-year mark! I have never had a tattoo either, and I'm recently thinking....ya know, I might just, especially if some of my sisters were to do this too! Would you do a peach, a number, a what?

I'm thinking of doing something like a "lucky charms" system, a lightening bolt (for my brother), a fish (my dad), a rose (mom), a dragonfly (my Sally girl, who died 2016), and....something to symbolize "those who have gone before me" and give me great courage. 

I think that you are one of the most generous, courageous women here. You deserve some sort of powerful image....I wonder what tattoo would deserve to be on a strong woman like you?

• Harmanygroves
    edited August 2021 #127
    Options

Tattoo is my picture

Yes I designed it and told the guy exactly what I wanted even had pictures of the shape and color of the wings (Purple) and the ribbon had to be Peachy not pink.  Then had the number 5 put at the bottom of it as I got it 5 years after my last chemo treatment now I need to add another 5 under the last 5 to make it 10. 

I picked the tattoo to be my picture.  I will update when I get the other 5 put on it.  First Tattoo of my life when I turned 60.  Just turned 65 31 July.   Thanks for the congrats. I just wanted to post to let people know it is doable to get past the cancer. 

Praying and wishing everyone postive thoughts and taking it one day at a time.  trish

You are Gold

I love your tattoo. It is beautiful. Now I understand it!

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    Options
    Congrats Trish! 10 years and

Congrats Trish! 10 years and still counting! I love the roman numerals on your tattoo. I remember when you got the tattoo and have always loved it. Can't believe another 5 years has gone by already. So nice to see your post this morning.

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• txtrisha55
    txtrisha55 Member Posts: 693 Member
    edited August 2021 #129
    Options

Congrats Trish! 10 years and

Congrats Trish! 10 years and still counting! I love the roman numerals on your tattoo. I remember when you got the tattoo and have always loved it. Can't believe another 5 years has gone by already. So nice to see your post this morning.

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

Thanks.  I still have the

Thanks.  I still have the feeling though even after 10 years, when is the other shoe going to drop. I even said that to my gen onc Dr and asked did she think I need to have a CT scan to make sure nothing is growing inside that we cannot see.  She said no syptoms no need to put yourself though it.  She said everything looked good and said see you in 1 year, even though I really do not need to go see her and I could go back to my reg Gen dr she asked if I wanted to do that or stay with her.  I said stay with you.

• Lyn70
    Lyn70 Member Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Two Bells Rung/ Two Completion Certificates Achieved

Friday the 13th I finished my 28th external radiation treatment. I am scheduled for 3 brachy treatments. I am nervous about them but I have made it this far. I will start post radiation therapy next Friday.

I hope to start walking daily again without an urge to run to the bathroom or actually have an accident and kiss imodium and stool softeners goodbye! soon. 

• Lyn70
    Lyn70 Member Posts: 214 Member
    Options

Friday the 13th I finished my 28th external radiation treatment. I am scheduled for 3 brachy treatments. I am nervous about them but I have made it this far. I will start post radiation therapy next Friday.

I hope to start walking daily again without an urge to run to the bathroom or actually have an accident and kiss imodium and stool softeners goodbye! soon. 

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    Options
    Congrats Lyn70!  I think you

Congrats Lyn70!  I think you will find Brachy to be much easier than the rest of your treatments. At least it wasn't too bad for me.

Once you are completely finished, be patient with yourself. Your body will need some time to heal and will get stronger over time.

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• BluebirdOne
    BluebirdOne Member Posts: 656 Member
    edited August 2021 #133
    Options
    Lyn70 said:

Lyn70, more congrats to you.

I never had external beam, but I did have 3 brachy. Initially, the worst part about the brachy was the embarrassment, the actual treatment for me was only mildly uncomfortable. I had a really hard time getting to a place of yes, but once I did I was not sorry. You can search our past posts to see how others have done with brachy. I just wish this website was a bit easier to search as it would make finding crucial information much easier, especially to our fragile newbies. 

Denise 

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    Options

Lyn70, more congrats to you.

I never had external beam, but I did have 3 brachy. Initially, the worst part about the brachy was the embarrassment, the actual treatment for me was only mildly uncomfortable. I had a really hard time getting to a place of yes, but once I did I was not sorry. You can search our past posts to see how others have done with brachy. I just wish this website was a bit easier to search as it would make finding crucial information much easier, especially to our fragile newbies. 

Denise 

There is an older thread that

There is an older thread that may help. It is titled, 'Let's talk about radiation'. Lots of discussion about brachy.

Hope this helps.

• Dak82
    Dak82 Member Posts: 109 Member
    edited August 2021 #135
    Options
    Finally some real good news

Finally a CT scan with hope in it. Radiologist's reading said "mixed" but I viewed it as 90% positive. My larger lung tumors only grew 1-2mm while smaller ones and nodules actually shrunk. I do have a 1.7cm node in soft tissues of the GE junction but it's not causing any problems. Given those positive results--some degree of stability--we will press on with the dostarlimab. The sense of relief that we had finally seen positive results after 8 months of treatment was tremendous.

Much love to all looking for hope and the ladies who provide it here,

Deb

• Tamlen
    Tamlen Member Posts: 343 Member
    edited August 2021 #136
    Options
    Dak82 said:

Finally a CT scan with hope in it. Radiologist's reading said "mixed" but I viewed it as 90% positive. My larger lung tumors only grew 1-2mm while smaller ones and nodules actually shrunk. I do have a 1.7cm node in soft tissues of the GE junction but it's not causing any problems. Given those positive results--some degree of stability--we will press on with the dostarlimab. The sense of relief that we had finally seen positive results after 8 months of treatment was tremendous.

Deb

Awesome news

That's awesome news, Deb. We're all celebrating with you!

Tamlen

• oldbeauty
    oldbeauty Member Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Dak82 said:

Deb

Wonderful!

Your body told you it was feeling improved, and here's the proof!  I'm so happy for you.  Press on!  We all are pulling for you that these treatments will keep the disease in check.  Wonderful news to start the day.  Best wishes, Oldbeauty

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    Options
    Deb, what a great way to

Deb, what a great way to start my day! So happy to read this.

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• Afoste3
    Afoste3 Member Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yay Deb!

What great news!  Congrats!!

Anne-Marie

• Harmanygroves
    edited August 2021 #140
    Options
    Dak82 said:

Deb

Oh, You!!

WOW!

To say you've made my day is an understatement!

Go, Deb! WELL done!

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,678 Member
    edited August 2021 #141
    Options
    I love it

when I come here and find myself choking up with tears of joy.  Congratulations