Cheese Update

Options

Comments

• zsazsa1
    zsazsa1 Member Posts: 565 Member
    Options

Fall risk

apparently I’ve become a “fall risk” and have become tethered to my chair. I found this out when I tried to walk around the room and 3 nurses came running in. When the hell did it come to this?

Well, now you know how to get

Well, now you know how to get fast nurse response!  Just stand up.

• Jairoldi
    Jairoldi Member Posts: 221 Member
    Options

Fall risk

apparently I’ve become a “fall risk” and have become tethered to my chair. I found this out when I tried to walk around the room and 3 nurses came running in. When the hell did it come to this?

Oh dear!

It would be good to be warned ahead of time.  I remember, after surgery on my brain long ago, waking up and being strapped to my bed.  Where the snaps were someone had added some stitches too.  Guess they were awfully concerned about me getting up unattended.  Now for you - on to the healing!!!

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options
    zsazsa1 said:

Well, now you know how to get

Well, now you know how to get fast nurse response!  Just stand up.

Zsazsa,

Good one

• evolo58
    evolo58 Member Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Gee, I hope it works this time!

Honestly. sometimes I'm not sure which is worse ... the nonsense the cancer can bring, or the nonsense the treatments can bring. You have had to deal with this for so long .... hope everything is fine this time.

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Hi Cheese!

Hi Cheese!

how are you feeling.   Hopefully you are home by now.  Wishing you well

Kathy

• CheeseQueen57
    CheeseQueen57 Member Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Emerging

Hi dear sisters. Just wanted to drop in to let you know I’m surviving. As you may remember on June 5 I had my ureter reimplant surgery at Hackensack and although that seems to have gone well I was never able to eat and was plagued with severe nausea, diarrhea, and vomiting. I finally got a CT scan on June 17 and my GI doc at Fox Chase identified a small bowel blockage. I’ve been in the hospital since trying to get it to resolve. Latest is an nasal gastric tube which needless to say, sucks.  I hope it resolves soon. I’ll spare you the gory details but I do not wish this on anyone. Thanks for your love and concern. Susan

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    Options
    Susan, so happy to see you!

Susan, so happy to see you! But, enough already! Good grief. I sure hope this resolves soon and you can go home and start living again! So sorry you have had such a hard time through all of this. Thank you for letting us know the latest. We have all been sending loads of support your way. Please come back when you can and let us know how you are doing.

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• MAbound
    MAbound Member Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options

Emerging

Hi dear sisters. Just wanted to drop in to let you know I’m surviving. As you may remember on June 5 I had my ureter reimplant surgery at Hackensack and although that seems to have gone well I was never able to eat and was plagued with severe nausea, diarrhea, and vomiting. I finally got a CT scan on June 17 and my GI doc at Fox Chase identified a small bowel blockage. I’ve been in the hospital since trying to get it to resolve. Latest is an nasal gastric tube which needless to say, sucks.  I hope it resolves soon. I’ll spare you the gory details but I do not wish this on anyone. Thanks for your love and concern. Susan

So happy to hear from you!

We've all been worried and upset that the drama continues for you. You are so kind to give us updates while you are in the midst of it all. Thank you and.... get better already!! Wink

• Lulu7582
    Lulu7582 Member Posts: 112 Member
    edited June 2019 #110
    Options
    Wonderful to hear from you!

HI Susan,

So good to hear from you. Yes nasogastric tubes suck.... hope the bowel starts doing its thing soon so you can get it out. Anyway sending some prayers your way and hoping it's not too long and you will be home sleeping in your own bed. xoxo

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    CQ - glad to hear from you. 

CQ - glad to hear from you.  Hugs my dear

• Jairoldi
    Jairoldi Member Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Yes, good to hear from you

Thanks for letting us know. Your voice on this board has been missed!

• whitby2773
    whitby2773 Member Posts: 27
    Options
    Hi Cheese.  I've been

Hi Cheese.  I've been checking every day to hear from you.  I hope this resolves quickly, that the tube is out asap, and you feel better than you've felt in a long time in short order.  Hugs to you!

• Armywife
    Armywife Member Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Oh Susan

So very sorry to hear this has gone on for so long.  Praying for healing and comfort....fast!  You are loved and missed here.

• SF73
    SF73 Member Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    CQ, so good to hear from you.

CQ, so good to hear from you. Hope the blockage will be resolved soon. Great to hear the surgery otherwise was a success! 

• barnyardgal
    barnyardgal Member Posts: 272 Member
    edited June 2019 #116
    Options
    I'm glad the surgery went

I'm glad the surgery went well but major boo for complications. Prayers that this is all resolved soon!!

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    edited June 2019 #117
    Options

Emerging

Oh Cheese!

had a NG tube.  No fun.   Hoping blockage is ckeared by the time you read this pos.   Happy to hear the reimplantment went well.   You will feel so much better not having stents!  

Wishing you a quick recovery 

Kathy

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,678 Member
    edited June 2019 #118
    Options
    What a relief to "hear" your voice

Get that sbo ( spellcheck wanted to change it to sob.  That works too.) resolved, the ng  tube out and begin to enjoy the summer. 

• Soup52
    Soup52 Member Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I’m So sorry about the bowel

I’m So sorry about the bowel blockage cheese. My daughter has had these twice and hospitalized with mNG tube. Probably hers was due to scar tissue from abdominal surgeries. I hope yours is resolved quickly and the reimplanted ureter brings relief. 

• MoeKay
    MoeKay Member Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Hope your bowel obstruction resolves soon

I feel your pain, CQ.  I've had at least 20 small bowel obstructions since I completed treatment, so I know how painful they can be!  A few times I had to be hospitalized due to symptoms.  Fortunately, however, all of mine resolved without the need for surgery.  I hope yours does too and SOON!!!  You've been through enough!!  Hugs and prayers.

• CheeseQueen57
    CheeseQueen57 Member Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    What an ordeal!

So after 12 days in the hospital trying to jump start my bowels, I’m where I belong at the beach. The conclusion was that the surgery and/or the anesthesia put my bowel to sleep. Finally when they put the barium through my NG tube it did the trick. But I had some horrible days and I was one day away from total parental nutrition. I guess I was in pretty bad shape. Thank you for all your concern but fingers crossed I’m out of the darkness. Praise the Lord. I’ll never take eating for granted again. It’s pretty bad when you look forward to the taste of your lip balm! Hell of a way to lose 18 pounds!