pato58 Member Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Cheese

I hope you had a wonderful B-day!KissSmileLaughing

• evolo58
    evolo58 Member Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Belated birthday wishes

And my deepest, deepest hope that your treatments continue to work and you (pardon the vulgarity) can give cancer the middle finger and tell it to go the freakin' away and STAY away ... and it does!

• CheeseQueen57
    CheeseQueen57 Member Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Thank you

Thank you all my sisters for your well wishes. I’m in NYC.  My son got me tickets to the Broadway play Come From Away which is especially meaningful for me since my mother is from Newfoundland and much of my family lives in Gander. Forgetting about cancer and stents for the weekend. 

• Jairoldi
    Jairoldi Member Posts: 221 Member
    Options

Thank you

Thank you all my sisters for your well wishes. I’m in NYC.  My son got me tickets to the Broadway play Come From Away which is especially meaningful for me since my mother is from Newfoundland and much of my family lives in Gander. Forgetting about cancer and stents for the weekend. 

Terrific!

Yay, to getting caught up in life and forgetting about stents for awhile.

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options
    Jairoldi said:

Terrific!

Yay, to getting caught up in life and forgetting about stents for awhile.

What fun

i would love to see that. 

• Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    edited September 2018 #67
    Options
    Just catching up

You've had quite an ordeal, Susan.  Enjoy your stay in NYC and Broadway play.  Stay in remission forever and get that stent permanently fixed, please.  I was happy to read that it IS better and more tolerable.

Best,

Suzanne

• CheeseQueen57
    Options
    The time for surgery has come

So after many fits and starts including getting newly diagnosed diabetes under control and ultimately a nephrostomy (which I affectionately refer to as my “pee bag”), I’m going in for a ureter reimplant tomorrow. I’m hoping this solves my plumbing problem and he doesn’t see anything suspicious while he’s in there. I can’t wait to start my clear liquids and bowel prep this afternoon (NOT!). So wish me luck and if you’re so inclined send a little prayer my way about 11:00 EST that this all goes smoothly.  Thanks for all your previous support  on this treacherous journey. Now onward and upward!

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    edited June 2019 #69
    Options
    Good Luck Cheese!  Hate the

Good Luck Cheese!  Hate the prep but it will be worth it. Sending loads of love and hugs your way! Prayers Too!!!!

Cindi

• cmb
    cmb Member Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Finally here!

I'm glad to hear that your surgery date is finally here. I hope this resolves all the problems you've had for such a long time.

• oldbeauty
    oldbeauty Member Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Cheese, supportive thoughts

and all best wishes going your way.  I hope you finally get the relief you need.  Oldbeauty

• whitby2773
    whitby2773 Member Posts: 27
    Options
    Praying for you.  

Praying for you.  

• MAbound
    MAbound Member Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    At Last!

Prep or no prep, I'm sure you are anxious to get this dealt with! Crossing my fingers, eyes, and toes for you that all goes well. 

• mamlicsw
    mamlicsw Member Posts: 33 Member
    Options

So after many fits and starts including getting newly diagnosed diabetes under control and ultimately a nephrostomy (which I affectionately refer to as my “pee bag”), I’m going in for a ureter reimplant tomorrow. I’m hoping this solves my plumbing problem and he doesn’t see anything suspicious while he’s in there. I can’t wait to start my clear liquids and bowel prep this afternoon (NOT!). So wish me luck and if you’re so inclined send a little prayer my way about 11:00 EST that this all goes smoothly.  Thanks for all your previous support  on this treacherous journey. Now onward and upward!

hope your healing is smooth

hope your healing is smooth and successful!  best wishes!

• Jairoldi
    Jairoldi Member Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'll set my watch alarm for 11 a.m. est

Way to go!  I'm sure it hasn't been easy to get cleared for surgery - and now to literally get cleared for surgery.  May the doc have a keen eye and clear mind and may you heal quickly!

• Lulu7582
    Lulu7582 Member Posts: 112 Member
    edited June 2019 #76
    Options
    Prayers coming your way!

Yes absolutely hoping this will do the trick! Sending you love and hugs and lots of prayers! xo

L

• derMaus
    derMaus Member Posts: 558 Member
    Options

Best wishes and many prayers

Best wishes and many prayers coming your way, Cheese. Thank you for sharing your journey with us, and know that we are all doing a massive prayer focus tomorrow morning on your behalf. When you feel up to it, let us know how it went, ok?  Big hugs !!  B

• Donna Faye
    Donna Faye Member Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    You are a champ!

Cheese, you have helped so many with the telling of your experience. Hopes and prayers are flooding upward for you as you see from all of us. I mentioned this site last week with my rads doctor and told him that I valued all your advice as much as his. May the surgery and results be the best and relief be great. Hugs from NC!

• MoeKay
    MoeKay Member Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Will be thinking of you tomorrow

Sending best wishes, hugs, and prayers that you have a textbook surgery tomorrow!  Good luck, Cheese!!!

• CheeseQueen57
    Options
    Thank you

all for your prayers and best wishes. As I tell my church families, it’s like being wrapped in a warm blanket. 

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,678 Member
    edited June 2019 #81
    Options
    I have set an alarm also.

You'd better warn the OR staff that if they feel an electric force field in there, it's all of us concentrating on you. 

Good luck!