barnyardgal Member Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Prayers and thoughts for

Prayers and thoughts for tomorrow!!

• zsazsa1
    zsazsa1 Member Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Glad you're finally cleared

Glad you're finally cleared for surgery.  Hope all goes well, and that you can soon be rid of the "pee bag".

• MugsBugs
    MugsBugs Member Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Praying!

Praying all goes great tomorrow!

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options

The time for surgery has come

So after many fits and starts including getting newly diagnosed diabetes under control and ultimately a nephrostomy (which I affectionately refer to as my “pee bag”), I’m going in for a ureter reimplant tomorrow. I’m hoping this solves my plumbing problem and he doesn’t see anything suspicious while he’s in there. I can’t wait to start my clear liquids and bowel prep this afternoon (NOT!). So wish me luck and if you’re so inclined send a little prayer my way about 11:00 EST that this all goes smoothly.  Thanks for all your previous support  on this treacherous journey. Now onward and upward!

You can do this!    Prayers

You can do this!    Prayers for a speedy recovery.    I had the reimplantment and I felt so much better!  

Hugs!!!!!

Kathy

• Tamlen
    Tamlen Member Posts: 343 Member
    edited June 2019 #86
    Options
    Holding you in my thoughts

all day today, Cheese. Good luck!

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Lifting you up my friend! 

Lifting you up my friend!  Hugs

• Soup52
    Soup52 Member Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Prayers for you Cheese.

Prayers for you Cheese.

• Jairoldi
    Jairoldi Member Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    It's 11 a.m. now e.s.t.

Prayers and well wishes.

• EZLiving66
    EZLiving66 Member Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    We're all behind you, hoping

We're all behind you, hoping for the best! Please let us know how you're doing!

Love, 

Eldri 

• whitby2773
    whitby2773 Member Posts: 27
    Options
    Over one hour into it.

Over one hour into it.  Thinking of you, Cheese, and sending outgoing prayers for a wonderful outcome.  Being highly familiar with the 'hurry up and wait' nature of surgical procedures, I hope you are at least through all the pre-op stuff and are asleep and the drs have started working their brilliance.  Thinking of you this morning, and holding you in ongoing prayers.

• MoeKay
    MoeKay Member Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    How Coincidental

I thought I would check in to see if there was any word from Cheese yet.  What I noticed was that Cheese first posted this thread a year ago today--June 5, 2018 at 12:19 p.m.  I thought that was pretty coincidental, and I'm taking this as a good sign and also hoping that was right around the time her surgery ended!  I'm getting good vibes from this coincidence and I hope we will be getting an update on how things went soon!!

• CheeseQueen57
    CheeseQueen57 Member Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    5 Hours!

After 5 hours of surgery and a very rough night with an incompetent nurse I’m still kicking. Will update on my adventures later. The fun never ends does it?

• Donna Faye
    Donna Faye Member Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    YEEHAW

Cheese, you get my Cowgirl Up Award for being one tough lady!!!  Thinking of you and sending you lots of great get well fast wishes.

• whitby2773
    whitby2773 Member Posts: 27
    Options
    I'm so pleased to hear from

I'm so pleased to hear from you!  Looking forward to your update - prayers still outgoing.

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    Options
    Cheese, thanks for popping in

Cheese, thanks for popping in. I hope you heal quickly and feel better soon. Sorry you didn't have good care last night.

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options
    Thank you

for updating us so quickly. I know I've been anxiously waiting to hear. I think where we went wrong was not covering the night shift with our thoughts and prayers. I was up till 1am and winged some good vibes your way when I turned out the light. Take care and get back to us when you can

• derMaus
    derMaus Member Posts: 558 Member
    edited June 2019 #98
    Options

5 Hours!

After 5 hours of surgery and a very rough night with an incompetent nurse I’m still kicking. Will update on my adventures later. The fun never ends does it?

YAY, you've surfaced!! So

YAY, you've surfaced!! So glad to hear from you and will look forward to hearing more. Welcome back !!

• CheeseQueen57
    CheeseQueen57 Member Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Fall risk

apparently I’ve become a “fall risk” and have become tethered to my chair. I found this out when I tried to walk around the room and 3 nurses came running in. When the hell did it come to this?

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    CQ, when do you break out?

CQ, when do you break out?

• SF73
    SF73 Member Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Hi Cheese 

Hi Cheese 

So glad to hear that you were able to have the surgery. It sounds like it was a success. Wishing you a fast recovery!