~~~ What Type Of BC Were You Diagnosed With And At What Age? ~~~

Options

Comments

• kimsha
    kimsha Member Posts: 4
    Options
    linny b said:

type of breast cancer
    I had DCIS, lumectomy and radiation in 2008, it returned in 2010 and I had to have a mastectomy with reconstruction -dorsi flap surgery. Still going thru surgeries.

DCIS recurrance
    I have been recently diagnosed with DCIS agressive type and after breast MRI they see similar area in other breast so I am having another biopsy in that one. Was supposed to be scheduled for my breast conserving surgery already but this came up. How involved was your DCIS and how did it recurr, was it the same area and became invasive? I am very interested as I am trying to decide on breast saving surgery and masectomy. Thank you for any information you can give me, did you have radiation and tamoxifen afterwards?
  • diva_in_shock48
    diva_in_shock48 Member Posts: 8
    Options
    diagnosed 9/29/11
    DCIS - stage 0, right breast, left clear; 48 yrs old..waiting to have bilateral mast, with DIEP flap reconstruction. Will not need chemo or radiation.
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    1987 at age 33: IDC ER+, PR+
    1987 at age 33: IDC ER+, PR+ Stage 3A (large tumor; 4 nodes)

2009 at age 56: Recurrence to bone (ribs), ER+, PR - Her2 -
  • JoAnn4818
    JoAnn4818 Member Posts: 83
    Options
    Hi Susie
    Last year I was diagnosed with IDC stage II a Triple Negative Breast Cancer. I was 53 years old.

JoAnn
  • Marcha Louise
    Marcha Louise Member Posts: 36
    Options
    JoAnn4818 said:

Hi Susie
    Last year I was diagnosed with IDC stage II a Triple Negative Breast Cancer. I was 53 years old.

JoAnn

DX March 2011 IDC 2.7 cm
    DX March 2011 IDC 2.7 cm 0/23 nodes stage IIA grade 3 ER &PR+ 62 years old. Lumpectomy, Mamosite rads, A/C X 4 chemo currently on 12 weekly taxol treatments.
  • ladybug22
    ladybug22 Member Posts: 646
    Options
    I B C
    had I B C at age 54
  • 2xround
    2xround Member Posts: 9
    Options
    my diagnoses
    Diagnosed in May, 2001, age 33, with stage 1 IDC, grade 3 ER+++, PR+++, HER-. Had lumpectomy, mild chemo and radiation. Tamoxifen and Zoladex for 2 years.

Recurrence in April 2011, age 43, stage IIIB IDC, tumor 7 cm, 5/10 lymph nodes involved, with tumors up to 3.5 cm. Grade 3, ER++, PR+++, HER-. Mastectomy, oopherectomy, chemo, so far.
  • Bobbijean21
    Bobbijean21 Member Posts: 2
    Options

IDC
    IDC, Stage 1 Grade 2, ER+, PR+, HER2-. I was 62 at diagnosis.

HootieGirl, how are you doing? Still can't get over how young you are.

Suzanne

What were your symptoms of
    What were your symptoms of IDC
  • Bobbijean21
    Bobbijean21 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    grams2jc said:

IDC
    Stage 3C, ER+, Positive nodes age 47

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer I was wondering
    Hi Jennifer I was wondering what were your symptoms?
  • jeamsnurse
    jeamsnurse Member Posts: 1
    Options
    dmdudra said:

Type BC
    I was 46yrs young first time and just got recurrence at age 49yrs young... I am triple Negative...

trip neg
    As I read all the post, your's caught my attention. I was just diagnosised with triple negative IDC, neg lymphs-No treatment started yet. My surgeon recommends mast. (vs lumpectomy)....Any further words?? No negative words, please. I know this GREAT PHYSICIAN...
  • deeb111
    deeb111 Member Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    hello susie
    I was diagnosed with IDC estogen progesterin positive dont think I spelled that right but anyway thats what I was
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    epark said:

Newbie- 39 yrs old
    Diagnosed on July 5, 2011 with IDC stage 1 grade 3....Lumpectomy, nodes and margin were clear..start my chemo this coming Monday follow by rad. and hormones pill...woot woot...NOT!!!

This post just goes to show
    This post just goes to show that there is no age for bc to occur. Some of you are so young that it just breaks my heart.

Great post Susie!

Jan
  • missingtexas
    missingtexas Member Posts: 146
    Options
    Hi
    Age 38, IDC w/5 positive nodes. Stage 3, grade 3, ER pos.
  • pginsburg
    pginsburg Member Posts: 8
    Options
    Dx
    At age 46, 8/25/2010, initial diagnosis after biopsy showed LCIS with microscopic invasive margin. After lumpectomy 9/28/2010, pathology showed DCIS stage 0 and IDC stage 1, ER+PR+ and HER2-, neg lymph nodes and unclear distal margin. Second lumpectomy 10/29/2010, pathology showed additional IDC with unclear margin. Unilateral mastectomy was done with reconstruction and tissue expander, 12/16/2010. Pathology showed DCIS in a whole other quadrant.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options

I was diagnosed with
    I was diagnosed with malignant phyllodes tumor when I was 19.

Kat, 19 is just way too
    Kat, 19 is just way too young. How are you doing?
  • DebbyB
    DebbyB Member Posts: 86
    Options
    age 49
    I found a lump in April 2011. I had a lumpectomy and the Dr removed an 8cm tumor. I was diagnosed at 49 with Stage 2B, Grade 3, triple negative BC with clear nodes. No family history.
  • mrlember
    mrlember Member Posts: 10
    Options
    I have recently been diagnosed at age 41 with Stage I, IDC, negative nodes, ER/PR positive, HER2 neg. I opted for bilateral mastectomy with reconstruction. I recently started the first of 4 cycles of taxotere/cytoxan.
  • Just_Lisa
    Just_Lisa Member Posts: 16
    Options
    mrlember said:

I have recently been diagnosed at age 41 with Stage I, IDC, negative nodes, ER/PR positive, HER2 neg. I opted for bilateral mastectomy with reconstruction. I recently started the first of 4 cycles of taxotere/cytoxan.

I was diagnosed last month with stage 1A Invasive Metaplastic Carcinoma, adenosquamous type grade 3. ER - PR- HER2(inconclusive). Havent tested lymph nodes yet. I am 28. Still working on a treatment plan ugh :o), most likely masectomy then AC and after taxol/herceptin
  • Pam5
    Pam5 Member Posts: 232
    Options
    Just_Lisa said:

I was diagnosed last month with stage 1A Invasive Metaplastic Carcinoma, adenosquamous type grade 3. ER - PR- HER2(inconclusive). Havent tested lymph nodes yet. I am 28. Still working on a treatment plan ugh :o), most likely masectomy then AC and after taxol/herceptin

Hi Susie
    I was diagnosed at 41 with invasive lobular - left breast, at 51 with ductal - right breast, and at 68 with invasive lobular again in left breast behind original site. I am currently on anastrazole (hormone) and abraxane.

Hugs,
    Pam
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    IDC invasive ductal
    IDC invasive ductal carcinoma Stage 2 ER+ & PR+. Her2-. I was 66 when diagnosed in 2009. Had 2 surgeries, 8 1/2 rounds of chemo, and 33 radiation treatments. Had a raging infection at the surgical site and took antibiotics all thru chemo treatment. I have a low resistance to infection and working daily with diet and some exercise when I can do it to build up stamina, resistance, and energy. I decided to keep my natural color hair when it started to grow in and it is grey.