~~~ What Type Of BC Were You Diagnosed With And At What Age? ~~~

Options

Comments

• kimz57bc
    kimz57bc Member Posts: 8
    Options
    sea60 said:

Hey there Susie!
    I was 45 when I was diagnosed with IDC stage 2, Estrogen & HER2 positive. It's going on 6 years, praising God every day!!

Hugs,

Sylvia

Hi Susie
    I was just diagnosed with IDC Stage 2B..estrogen and HER-2 positive. What chemo where you on and how long where you on it. I had 4 AC and now on taxol and herceptin. taxol x 12 wks and herceptin x 52 weeks
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options

Triple Negative Stage IIIC
    Triple Negative Stage IIIC, IDC in August of 2009, I was 37. Now stage IV, with mets to my spine and other bones, back in my lymphatic system, I'm 39.

Stage 1 IDC

Stage 1 IDC
  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    e_hope said:

in 2009, I was diagnosed 1 month after my 36 birthday with triple negative IDC stage 2 b breast cancer(2 positive nodes). I had a double mastectomy, 8 rounds of chemo (4 AC/ 4 taxotere), and 7 weeks of radiation...

IDC at 55
    Invasive Ductal Carcinoma - stage 2a, T2, N1, M0 and E+. That was last July. Since then chemo (4 A/C & 4 Taxotere), mastectomy (3 of 9 nodes removed showed involvement but had clean margins), and 33 rads. Clean PET scan in February.
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options

54 years old
    Almost 55 :) IDC Stage 3A, 8 nodes involved. Estrogen/Prog + Her 2 -
    lumpectomy, re-excision, chemo and rads.

I was diagnosed with ductal
    I was diagnosed with ductal and invasive bc and was Stage 1.
  • irishrosebud
    irishrosebud Member Posts: 10
    Options
    BMS said:

Age 48
    Diagnosed last year at age 48. IDC, Stage 2B, ER-/PR-, HER2+

her2neu
    hi..my mom is her2neu positive ER negative...just wondering what your treatment is? She is doing chemo first...carboplatin and taxotere once every 3 weeks first...herceptin weekly and then is looking at mastectomy after chemo...thanks for sharing
  • Tkitty
    Tkitty Member Posts: 56
    Options
    IDC & IBC
    Started out as IDC in January of this year. ER/PR + HER2 -
    Had chemo Adrimyacin/Cytoxin x4 every 2 weeks then Taxol x4 every two weeks. Mastectomy now undergoing radiation treatments. Margins were clear, but 11 of the 31 lymph nodes had cancer.
    I was 50.After the mastectomy I am now a stage 3B with suggestion of inflammatory breast cancer.
  • Yankee Girl
    Yankee Girl Member Posts: 21
    Options
    I was diagnosed in June of
    I was diagnosed in June of 2010 with lobular breast cancer. 6cm tumor....a gentle giant. 18 nodes removed.....all negative !! Stage 2. ER positive. PR negative. HER2Neu neg.
    Diagnosis was in right breast but I elected to have a double mastectomy. (lumpectomy was not a good option since the tumor was so large). No chemo or radiation. Just switched from Arimidex to Femara for the next 4 years, plus Actenol once per wk.
  • Yankee Girl
    Yankee Girl Member Posts: 21
    Options
    forgot to post age
    my age at time of diagnosis in 2010 was 53
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I was Dx with IBC (
    I was Dx with IBC ( inflammatory breast cancer ) at the age of 52.
  • Linedancer54
    Linedancer54 Member Posts: 18
    Options
    New to this site.
    Invasive Ductile/ Triple Negative at age 56.Bi lateral mastectomy March 3rd with expanders. 4 AC and 4 taxol. Getting implants August 17th. Wishing I had found this site months ago.Very informative and the support you all show one another is awesome:)

Sandy
  • epark
    epark Member Posts: 339
    Options

New to this site.
    Invasive Ductile/ Triple Negative at age 56.Bi lateral mastectomy March 3rd with expanders. 4 AC and 4 taxol. Getting implants August 17th. Wishing I had found this site months ago.Very informative and the support you all show one another is awesome:)

Sandy

Newbie- 39 yrs old
    Diagnosed on July 5, 2011 with IDC stage 1 grade 3....Lumpectomy, nodes and margin were clear..start my chemo this coming Monday follow by rad. and hormones pill...woot woot...NOT!!!
  • bsutton625
    bsutton625 Member Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    DCIS
    I was diagnosed with DCIS Stage 1, Grade 5, positive estrogen/progesterin receptors. Underwent a lumpectomy; margins clear and no lymph node involvement. Age 53.
  • lori1961
    lori1961 Member Posts: 56
    Options
    Hi Susie, Bilateral DCIS
    Hi Susie, Bilateral DCIS stage 1 ER POS left node positive, all the rest neg age 49.
  • youngnana
    youngnana Member Posts: 41
    Options
    Diagnosed 2/23/10
    Age 50, IDC, stage 1, grade 1, .8mm, no nodes. clear margins. Opted for bi-lateral mastectomy with reconstruction, no chemo, or rads, 5 yr Femara no noticeable side effects other than a small weight gain.
  • tko683
    tko683 Member Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Diagnosed
    At age 44, invasive lobular carcinoma, stage 3a, positive nodes-5- estrogen/progesterone positive and Her2 positive. Currently taking tamoxifen.
  • dbhadra
    dbhadra Member Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    tko683 said:

Diagnosed
    At age 44, invasive lobular carcinoma, stage 3a, positive nodes-5- estrogen/progesterone positive and Her2 positive. Currently taking tamoxifen.

diagnosed on 12/16/10
    At age 44, IBC with lobular features, ER+/PR+, HER-, 6 months of chemo followed by right breast masectomy 7/7/11, 26/41 node positive, now doing radiation plus Xeloda, to be followed by Tamoxifin.

Laura
  • pscheer
    pscheer Member Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    dx sept 2009 Her2+
    at age 51 dx sept 2009 after i went for annual mammogram. er-pr-her2+ stage 1 0 out of 4 nodes. Partial masectomy, another surgery to get clear margins, TCH and rads.
  • Solange49
    Solange49 Member Posts: 10
    Options
    pscheer said:

dx sept 2009 Her2+
    at age 51 dx sept 2009 after i went for annual mammogram. er-pr-her2+ stage 1 0 out of 4 nodes. Partial masectomy, another surgery to get clear margins, TCH and rads.

IDC at 49
    I was diagnosed in May of 2011 with IDC at 49. Stage IIIc. ER/PR +. Her2 -.

Diana
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options

I was dianosed with IDC,
    I was dianosed with IDC, stage 2a, grade 3; ER and PR receptor positive, HER2 negative at age 30 (this past March). Bilateral mast with immediate reconstruction, 0 lymph nodes positive (took sentinal node and 2 others)

I think that most people did
    I think that most people did and maybe still do think that bc doesn't effect younger woman. If they could just see this post, they would be surprised I think.
  • DAWNmisty
    DAWNmisty Member Posts: 2
    Options

I was diagnosed with
    I was diagnosed with malignant phyllodes tumor when I was 19.

malignant phyllodes
    Hi, my daughter just turned 17 and was diagnosed with malignant phyllodes. I have a PPO insurance and they sent us to a general surgen that does not have a lot of experience doing breast cancer removal from teens and so I have asked for a second opinion. I want someone who has expierence doing breat cancer emoval from younger patients because the skin is different. She has a fast growing 5 cm and is a B cup. After reading everyone's blogs it seems that the best way to get rid of this is to have the 5 cm and 3 cm surrondings taken out first try, but the doctor wants to remove only the 5 cm and then disect the tumor and then go back and remove the 3 cm. She's so young and I want the best for her. How did you cope?