The post I hoped I'd never have to make

Options

Comments

• Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

I keep reading your words over and over...
    ...because I can't believe I haven't misread them somehow. I just don't understand how Moopy could go from arguing with the nurse over Emend yesterday to being gone today.

You and Lisa both have been sources of strength and wisdom and humor for so many of us, so many times -- please let us know if there is ANYTHING we can do, anything you need from us.

Traci

Dear Joe:
    I checked the board this morning to see how Lisa was doing. I was so taken aback to see your post that she is gone. How could that be? I had such hopes for her ability to fight her recurrence and live for many many more years. My prayers are with you and your family today as you have suffered such a loss. Please check back in here for any support that you'll need.

Suzanne
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Options
    Cat64 said:

Joe
    I am so sorry. Words cannot even begin to express our sorrow. May the comfort of God help you during this difficult time.
    ♥ Cat

Moopy was such a bright
    Moopy was such a bright light for us here on the site. She was my Tennessee buddy and one of my first shoulders to lean on . I will miss her . I am so very sorry Joe.
    Dee
  • sparkle1
    sparkle1 Member Posts: 242
    Options
    There are no words to
    There are no words to express how truly sorry I am to hear this awful news. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you. May your love live on forever.
    Sparkle
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Words Fail, Tears Flow
    Joe... words fail and tears flow over the news of your beloved wife Lisa passing away. I don't understand. I am so sorry.

You were such a devoted and loving husband. You never wavered and never left Lisa's side. The tremendous love you had for Lisa was moving. I could sense the magnitude of it just in the readings of your blogs.

I pray God comfort you during this time of loss. Lisa's battle may be over, but her spirit lives on in each and every one of us who loved her, lifted her in prayer, and thought of her during the day. She was a wonderful, kind, giving, and loving Sister.

God bless Lisa and you, Joe. Much love, hugs, and prayers to you dear Brother.
    Ines
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Options
    This is truly a post I
    This is truly a post I didn't think I would be reading. You and Moopy were truly an inspiration always. It was your kind words that helped me see triple negative was not that bad and you alleviated many of my fears. You and Moopy don't even know how much you helped me. If there is anything we can do here please let us know. Keep talking Joe and keep all the wonderful memories close to your heart. There will be a candle lit in SD as well tonight. My heart is aching for you!!
    God Bless,
    Kari
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    BunnyJane said:

so very sorry..
    Joe- I can't find the words... Please know that my thoughts are with you. Jane

Joe .. Moopy meant so much to so many people ...
    her smile and 'kind' eyes reached thousand of miles to touch my soul and heart. Lisa's supportive postings during my fatigued battle with breast cancer - gave me Insight, Hope and Courage.

Your love, and support of Lisa during your marriage, and her battle against this damn beast has amazed me ==== Job Well Done - my friend.

I am so sorry for your loss. Please try and take care of yourself, I understand how difficult this may be for you ... and never forget you have extended family here.

You and Lisa will always be in my heart ... I am lighting a new Yankee 50 hour candle for Lisa .. in honor of her exceptional and beautiful kindered spirit.

Strength and Courage,

Vicki Sam
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    Joe,
    I too am at a loss for

Joe,
    I too am at a loss for words. I am so sorry. I'm sitting here feeling shock, grief, and anger. Your wife was an inspiration to many, myself included. I wish there were something I could do. I can't imagine your pain -again i am so so sorry for your loss of your belived Moopy. Sending love and hugs and prayers.
    *hugs*
    Heather
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    Yours is a post I hoped I'd
    Yours is a post I hoped I'd never have to read. Dear Joe, I am so deeply saddened at the loss of our brave and gentle sister. With aching heart, I send my prayers and thoughts for peace and comfort. xoxoxo Lynn
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    I have already lit a candle for OUR Moopy....
    I logged onto FB this morning, and your post was the first one on the NewsFeed. I read it more than once, thinking that maybe I mis-read something, because I surely didn't understand what I was seeing. I still don't.
    But this isn't about me, of course. This isn't even about all of us, bound as a CSN family, which we certainly are. This is exclusively about YOU, Joe, and the sheer devastation you must be experiencing.
    I wish I had the right words...of course I don't.

I have already lit a candle for OUR Moopy; thank you for sharing her with us. We are forever blessed for having known her, and I for one will never, ever lose sight of how much she contributed to my life.

^j^ ^j^ ^j^
    So sad...
    Chen♥
  • jamiegww
    jamiegww Member Posts: 384
    Options
    I'm so sorry!
    I feel like I'm having a really bad nightmare and I want to wake up and find out everything is okay. I will light a candle for Moopy tonight and pray that you find comfort in the time you had together.

HUGS!!!
    Jamie
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    so so sorry...
    She was lucky to have you in her life...
  • sweetvickid
    sweetvickid Member Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I am in shock and keep
    I am in shock and keep thinking this isn't right. Although I live right here in Springfield Lisa and I never met we just talked on this board. She was my shining example of how to get thru this crappy journey. My heart truly hurts at our loss of such a wonderful person. Please accept my condolences for your loss of such a wonderful person.
  • Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    Options
    you're kidding me?
    I cannot believe it. So fast. No words. God, have mercy.

Joe, I'm so sorry! I am so sorry.

Much love to you. Prayers for comfort that only God can give.

So sorry.

xo
    April
  • AMomNETN
    AMomNETN Member Posts: 242
    Options
    Sad
    Joe,
    I'm so sorry for the lose of your beloved Moopy. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Janie
  • GregStahl
    GregStahl Member Posts: 188
    Options
    So sorry
    to read this. Word just cannot express the sadness. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Greg
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    I am at a loss!!!!!
    Oh my goodness, I am finding this near impossible to digest Joe I am far beyond sorry! My heart aches and I do not know what to say or how to even come close to easing your pain. You have both meant so much to me and to many on this board, the love for each other that you so freely have shared with us is a true inspiration. I know Lisa knows we love her, we love you too Joe! Moopy will forever hold a very special place in my heart, I am so so so sorry Joe...I am just stunned. I love you Moopy and will be burning a candle for you today, trust that she will not ever be forgotten by me!

Sending My Love,

RE
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    Joe... My heart is breaking
    Joe... My heart is breaking for you, for all of us...There are no words that can ease the pain.... I am just so very, very, sorry. Sending strength ... comfort... and love.

~T
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    We are here
    for you Joe. As long as you need us to be-I have always thought of you and still do as a friend(of this board and a personal friend).A lifelong friend.
  • JoyD
    JoyD Member Posts: 81
    Options
    Stay strong
    Joe,

I am very sorry to hear the passing of Lisa this morning. I am very thankful for bringing her to California twice last year. You guys are such a great couple! I am glad to have talked to her on a one-on-one basis, go shopping at the Embarcadero and making sure she takes the right bus to go back to your hotel. I will cherish those MEMORIES as long as I live. I am really lucky that in such a short time, I was able to share myself with her and vice-versa. I will miss my sister and friend.

Thank you again Joe for sharing her with me and my family!

I will send an email to our Pastor (Anne) to pray for her, as Lisa met Pastor Anne at the Embarcadero last October.

From the Domingo Family, our deepest condolences, Joe.

JoyD
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options

We are here
    for you Joe. As long as you need us to be-I have always thought of you and still do as a friend(of this board and a personal friend).A lifelong friend.

I
    saw your post on Facebook Joe and just kept looking at it and refreshing my screen over and over, thinking that I wasn't reading your words right. But, the words stayed the same........

Words seem to fail me now, and, I am sorry for that, as, I want you to know how much I loved Lisa and respected her. She was so admired, so loved, so much a part of so many of our lives.

My heart isn't just broken at the loss of Lisa, it is empty..................

With my deepest sympathy,

♥ Jeanne