Options
12346»

Comments

• jamiegww
    jamiegww Member Posts: 384
    Options
    heidijez said:

just to clear things up
    first of all, i am okay after the accident with the deer on thursday morning - the car is not so good ;(

secondly, i am not depressed. this is not an emotional giving up - it's physically and financially giving up. physically, i am exhausted. financially, i am devastated.

i am going through this on my own - my family has been of no use - never were, so this is not a surprise to me. had some good friends that were very supportive when this all started in mid-december, but they have drifted away. their lives continue as before, i don't blame them. the love of my life (or so i thought) decided he could not deal with this and walked away when we found out the first chemo hadn't worked and that the cancer spread. yes, i know, if he couldn't handle this it is better that he is gone.

i am having a difficult time with the physical side effects of adriamycin - and trying to maintain my life as normal as possible. i am working (i have to, remember - financial devastation)- i have a boss that does not have an ounce of compassion. she makes me feel as though i got cancer just to annoy her. cannot go on disability - it's only 60% of my salary and i can't make ends meet on 100% (because of prescriptions and copays).

so rest assured, i am not planning anything drastic - just venting that i want this all to be over!!!

I feel sorry for your boss.
    Any female boss who is unable to feel empathy for a female employee diagnosed with breast cancer, had better be very very fearful. I believe in the old adage, "what goes around, comes around" and as we all know....."stuff happens".

Sending you good thoughts for better times!
    Jamie
  • angelwoman1
    angelwoman1 Member Posts: 6
    Options
    I know how you feel!
    I went in for my blood test last week and told the doctor I was done. I am so sick of being tired! Everything is CANCER! I want some normal! We really had a good talk though. I am half way done and have 4 more left of Taxol. And really scared at this point. The onc tells me it is normal. We are going thru the change and chemo. This is the toughest fight ever. But we can do this, we will do this. With the support of this group and firnds and family, we can. I am here for you. You can do this.
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    mom62 said:

Help
    Don't be afraid to get help where it is available. If you are having money troubles. If you have cc debt claim bankruptcy. It's not as devistating as everyone thinks. If you need help apply for food stamps etc. There are a lot of agencies out there to help people like us and not just the ones who abuse the system. You pay into these programs so get some help. You can get your phone reduced and heat reduced as well if you qualify. Do what you need to because the financial part will eat you up till you get rid of it. I'm much better now that I took some of these steps.

We won't let you give up
    We won't let you give up Heidi! Let us help you through this if we can.

Hugs, Leeza
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    NO CHOICE
    Heidi,

just as getting cancer was not your choice, neither is giving up!!!
    We need to you to continue with us on this journey, we will carry
    you for as long as you need us to.

We are in this together. I too was diagnosed 11/09 but I was sick
    for a whole year prior to that... I am just now starting to feel like a
    person again.

I squeezed in some fun but I will soon be BACK!!! And so will you.

WE SHOULD KEEP THIS POST GOING, YOU KNOW LIKE WE NEVER
    THE FIGHT - This could be the thread that never ends =)

Hugs,
    Ayse
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    aysemari said:

NO CHOICE
    Heidi,

just as getting cancer was not your choice, neither is giving up!!!
    We need to you to continue with us on this journey, we will carry
    you for as long as you need us to.

We are in this together. I too was diagnosed 11/09 but I was sick
    for a whole year prior to that... I am just now starting to feel like a
    person again.

I squeezed in some fun but I will soon be BACK!!! And so will you.

WE SHOULD KEEP THIS POST GOING, YOU KNOW LIKE WE NEVER
    THE FIGHT - This could be the thread that never ends =)

Hugs,
    Ayse

Praying that you are feeling
    Praying that you are feeling better Heidi!

Sue :)
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options

Heidi... you're right it is
    Heidi... you're right it is hard. Treatment can be punishing and grueling. I went through surgery, chemo and radiation. I finish with Herceptin in August.

This is a process, it takes time and a boatload of patience. You are getting through treatment and... you'll be on the other side of it in time. Hang in there, you will get past these major hurdles.

It is no wonder we are known as Survivors! We are certainly not wimps, that's for sure. Take care, God bless.
    BL

Everything is hard with bc.
    Everything is hard with bc. I wish it weren't, but, it is. But, you can overcome all of this and come out a survivor!

Just go one day at a time, and, know that we are here for you.

Hugs, Angie