Options

Comments

• dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Options
    sea60 said:

Keep repeating to yourself
    "This too shall pass" and believe it!

We know what you're going through and feel your pain & frustration. I recall using those exact words..."I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired".

Can you take off a few Fridays so you can rest? Then maybe invite a few friends over that night and rent a movie or have dinner? Maybe take a 3 day weekend and go somewhere...anywhere. My point is, you'll have to make yourself do something that's NOT working, sleeping or going to the doctors.

Praying for you,

Sylvia

Hey Heidi
    I was wondering

Hey Heidi
    I was wondering where the fun went too...so depressed, crying all the time...I finally went to get something for depression and I've just started taking it.You know some of the depression may be chemical. You've been on chemo so long.....tell your Onc. what you are feeling...maybe he can help.
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    sea60 said:

Keep repeating to yourself
    "This too shall pass" and believe it!

We know what you're going through and feel your pain & frustration. I recall using those exact words..."I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired".

Can you take off a few Fridays so you can rest? Then maybe invite a few friends over that night and rent a movie or have dinner? Maybe take a 3 day weekend and go somewhere...anywhere. My point is, you'll have to make yourself do something that's NOT working, sleeping or going to the doctors.

Praying for you,

Sylvia

HELL NO, you're not giving up!
    Heidi,

Listen to those of us who've completed active treatment -- we're here to tell you from our own hearts that THERE IS life on the other side of cancer treatment, YOU WILL get through this, YOU WILL get to enjoy your life again, and YOU ARE stronger than you know.

If we can get through it, Heidi, you can too! Ain't no way we're letting you give up!

Traci
  • linpsu
    linpsu Member Posts: 747
    Options
    You can do this!
    Heidi -
    You are a strong woman and you can get through this! I think we all feel like you do at some point in our journey with this awful disease. One night as I was in the middle of a meltdown, I emailed a good friend who had gone through b.c. a year earlier, and she gave me a pep talk that really helped me realize all the good things in my life and what I had to look forward to once these treatments/surgeries/ were over. And the next day I felt fine. It certainly hasn't been easy, and I still have a lot to get through, but we have to keep our eye on the future and know that it WILL get better, even though it doesn't seem like it right now. Hang there - you can do it!
    Linda
  • Miss Murphy
    Miss Murphy Member Posts: 302
    Options
    Stay the course
    Heidi - we all have our down and out days when hope seems to be lost but those are the days we need to stay the course and know that we will come out on top. You need to stay strong and know that we are all here for you and there WILL be better days ahead.

Hugs, Sally
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    Options

Stay the course
    Heidi - we all have our down and out days when hope seems to be lost but those are the days we need to stay the course and know that we will come out on top. You need to stay strong and know that we are all here for you and there WILL be better days ahead.

Hugs, Sally

i feel like giving up also,
    i feel like giving up also, there is just no end in sight for me
  • MNLynn
    MNLynn Member Posts: 224
    Options
    meena1 said:

Heidi & Meena,
    You are both obviously such caring women . . . it breaks my heart to hear how you are feeling. Though I also have bc, I cannot say I've "walked in your shoes" because I have not had chemo (I was scheduled for chemo, and that alone had me literally shaking in fear - but I was spared the treatment - for now, anyway.) So, I can't write and say that I know exactly how you feel . . . but . . . I just want you to know that many thoughts & prayers for strength are coming your way - and hugs, hugs, hugs! God knows that you have been so encouraging to everyone here and I hope you feel that same caring spirit coming back to you from all of us.

With special prayers that you will get the strength you need to fight this battle - and we are there with you - please remember that!

♥ Lynn ♥
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    MNLynn said:

Heidi & Meena,
    You are both obviously such caring women . . . it breaks my heart to hear how you are feeling. Though I also have bc, I cannot say I've "walked in your shoes" because I have not had chemo (I was scheduled for chemo, and that alone had me literally shaking in fear - but I was spared the treatment - for now, anyway.) So, I can't write and say that I know exactly how you feel . . . but . . . I just want you to know that many thoughts & prayers for strength are coming your way - and hugs, hugs, hugs! God knows that you have been so encouraging to everyone here and I hope you feel that same caring spirit coming back to you from all of us.

With special prayers that you will get the strength you need to fight this battle - and we are there with you - please remember that!

♥ Lynn ♥

Pleaseeeeeeeeee
    Heidi and Meena...Do NOT give up! You can't! I don't know what either of you are going through..I don't know how bad either of you feel, but, you can't just throw in the towel.

Let me say this, and, pleaseeeeeeeee don't get mad at me for it. But, if you give up....

Cancer wins. Period...it wins. And, you don't want that.

I wish I could wave a magic wand over both of you, heck, over everyone here, and, take away all of the pain, all of the hurt, all of the anguish. If I could..I would, but, I can't.

Look at the sisters in pink that have fought cancer more than once, even, more than twice, RE, Jeanne D, Kathi M and others. I bet they wanted to give up too, but, they didn't and they are living full and happy lives. I want that for you!

What I do offer is my prayers to both of you. I pray to God that both of you find the strength to continue your fight, and, I know it is a fight.

Please, don't give up.

Praying for you hard,

Sue
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    jamiegww said:

"as bad as this experience is, it is not as devastating as i thought it would be. also, i never realized what a strong woman i am!"

I copied this from your profile page. You are a strong woman and you can and will get through this. We all have our weak moments but you can't give up. You are not alone in this battle. We are all rooting for you to beat this disease!

I love what Jamie posted. I
    I love what Jamie posted. I hope you take it to heart. Please keep taking your treatments and fighting.

Hugs, Megan
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    meena1 said:

Don't you give up Meena!
    Don't you give up Meena! All of us are praying for you daily!

Hugs, Megan
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Megan M said:

Don't you give up Meena!
    Don't you give up Meena! All of us are praying for you daily!

Hugs, Megan

one of my favorite sayings
    one of my favorite sayings "remember when you paint yourself into a corner... paint dries"
    how are you doing???
  • Yvette39
    Yvette39 Member Posts: 17
    Options
    Heidi
    Hello there! I'm sorry you are feeling like giving up. I have said that myself recently but have decided this time is my big fight so I will continue all treatments this time. I have already told my family that I will never do this again....that is my choice and that is what I have decided if this should come back. I know exactly how you feel. Yes the pills, chemo, doctor's appointments all of the time, hospital visits, physical therapy appointments for lymphedema will go away and leave us at piece eventually BUT we will live with scars on our body, excessive weight gain from steroids and not feeling like doing much anymore and looking at a pile of clothes you can't even get in to anymore. Some things won't go away though and you have to live with the rest of your life and that's my lymphedema. Does this seem fair? Nope but you have been chosen for some reason. God bless! Stay strong Heidi and battle that breast cancer.
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Yvette39 said:

Heidi
    Hello there! I'm sorry you are feeling like giving up. I have said that myself recently but have decided this time is my big fight so I will continue all treatments this time. I have already told my family that I will never do this again....that is my choice and that is what I have decided if this should come back. I know exactly how you feel. Yes the pills, chemo, doctor's appointments all of the time, hospital visits, physical therapy appointments for lymphedema will go away and leave us at piece eventually BUT we will live with scars on our body, excessive weight gain from steroids and not feeling like doing much anymore and looking at a pile of clothes you can't even get in to anymore. Some things won't go away though and you have to live with the rest of your life and that's my lymphedema. Does this seem fair? Nope but you have been chosen for some reason. God bless! Stay strong Heidi and battle that breast cancer.

Don't give up.
    Please keep trying to fight this horrible disease. I had exactly the same feelings and still do, but everytime I want to give up, my children and grandchildren remind me that I have to fight even if it's just for them. Someone just said they never realized how strong they were and boy, do I agree. I often reflect on how hard breast cancer is, it doesn't seem to end! God forbid, not that I want any other kind of cancer either, but, I have a girlfriend who survived lung cancer and after all her chemo and radiation now she's DONE !
    There is no 5 year pill that makes you ache and cry, she has to deal with a reoccurance like we do, but for now, she is done.
    I hope you have a better day and many more ahead.
    Bless you for sharing your feelings and lots of love and support is coming your way.
    Hugs,
    Wanda
  • Wolfi
    Wolfi Member Posts: 425
    Options
    Don't give up
    Heidi,

I did not have chemo but after recovering from surgery and radiation treatments there was a time when I felt like you did. I was both mentally and physically tired all the time and an emotional train wreck (I would cry at the drop of a hat - or if it didn't drop).

I told my husband one day that I didn't want to do this anymore and the look on his face made me snap out of it. He looked tired and lost. That is when I realized that I was not going through all of this myself. HE was also going through his own version of hell - driving me to radiation every day, taking care of me when I didn't feel good, and always being strong enough for both of us to get me through the days. He drove me to the hospital when things went bad, sat through all of my medical appointments and waited with me to hear the (bad) news. He helped me after surgery and stayed by my side as much as possible (even when I slept). I was going through a lot but my husband and our kids were also suffering.

Cancer takes over not only the cells in your body, but your life. It is relentless in its efforts to bring you down and make you give up (and all it has is time to multiply). Fight back with all the strength you have and eventually you will feel better.

Take care of yourself and don't give up. We all know you can get through this.

Wolfi
  • Snowkitty
    Snowkitty Member Posts: 295
    Options
    Wolfi said:

Don't give up
    Heidi,

I did not have chemo but after recovering from surgery and radiation treatments there was a time when I felt like you did. I was both mentally and physically tired all the time and an emotional train wreck (I would cry at the drop of a hat - or if it didn't drop).

I told my husband one day that I didn't want to do this anymore and the look on his face made me snap out of it. He looked tired and lost. That is when I realized that I was not going through all of this myself. HE was also going through his own version of hell - driving me to radiation every day, taking care of me when I didn't feel good, and always being strong enough for both of us to get me through the days. He drove me to the hospital when things went bad, sat through all of my medical appointments and waited with me to hear the (bad) news. He helped me after surgery and stayed by my side as much as possible (even when I slept). I was going through a lot but my husband and our kids were also suffering.

Cancer takes over not only the cells in your body, but your life. It is relentless in its efforts to bring you down and make you give up (and all it has is time to multiply). Fight back with all the strength you have and eventually you will feel better.

Take care of yourself and don't give up. We all know you can get through this.

Wolfi

Heidi and all you wonderful ladies
    Please hang in there. You don't realize what an inspiration you are to the rest of us (me). I read every word you all write so I know what to expect, both physically and mentally. You guys are spot on.

There's a gamut of emotions expressed in here, highs to lows, and it's good to hear them all so we know we're not alone. Can't be totally up beat all the time. But you gotta hang in there as you (all of you) are my idols.

Take care
    Cindy
  • cavediver
    cavediver Member Posts: 607
    Options
    giving up not an option for any of us........
    I know, we all know this sucks...we did not ask for it and it is a long, sometimes unending journey. But it is not unending....there is an end.....there will be light...and you will get through this. I think most of us have had those days when we just can't see it ending...and are sick of it....but it will end and life will be yours. Plan an outing....or a vacation for when treatment is over so you have something to look forward to. I made reservations for next December in Orlando....just to be somewhere...don't know if I will have energy level to do anything like Epcot or Disney...but it is a few days away at a nice resort...and something to look forward to. Please, for yourself.....dig deep and find that spirit within you to continue this battle...you WILL WIN!!!!! It WILL end and you will be the WINNER. We are all sending you hugs and strength!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    cavediver said:

giving up not an option for any of us........
    I know, we all know this sucks...we did not ask for it and it is a long, sometimes unending journey. But it is not unending....there is an end.....there will be light...and you will get through this. I think most of us have had those days when we just can't see it ending...and are sick of it....but it will end and life will be yours. Plan an outing....or a vacation for when treatment is over so you have something to look forward to. I made reservations for next December in Orlando....just to be somewhere...don't know if I will have energy level to do anything like Epcot or Disney...but it is a few days away at a nice resort...and something to look forward to. Please, for yourself.....dig deep and find that spirit within you to continue this battle...you WILL WIN!!!!! It WILL end and you will be the WINNER. We are all sending you hugs and strength!

Giving up .. is Giving in to Breast Cancer .. how lucky we
    are to have our site .. with all the loving, caring and positive women (&men) here to lend their support!

Cancer is ugly and mean - it takes us places we never dreamed of, and never want to be a part of again. It is only natural to want to give up, have yourself a good cry - dust yourself off .. and get on with living! If need be, ask for some medication to help with the depression or anxiety .. we are only human beings.

Do you have a friend or relative you can go and visit for a 'recharge'? If not, please go outside and make of list of all the wonderful things in your life .. flowers, trees, air you get the picture .. I guarantee that you will see someone much worst off than you.

Strength and Courage -

Vicki Sam
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    Heidi and Meena
    What comes to mind is a mantra started by our very own Chenheart and one that has given me the strength and courage to continue. Try it, I can attest, it does work...............Be Stronger Than, Not Angry At!!!!!
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

Heidi and Meena
    What comes to mind is a mantra started by our very own Chenheart and one that has given me the strength and courage to continue. Try it, I can attest, it does work...............Be Stronger Than, Not Angry At!!!!!

I ask like the others for
    I ask like the others for neither of you to give up.

I realize that it is very hard to fight cancer and to keep on fighting, but, look at all of us trying to help you in anyway that we can.

Cancer does not own you, you own cancer!

Prayers to the both of you,

Jan
  • survives
    survives Member Posts: 254 Member
    Options

I ask like the others for
    I ask like the others for neither of you to give up.

I realize that it is very hard to fight cancer and to keep on fighting, but, look at all of us trying to help you in anyway that we can.

Cancer does not own you, you own cancer!

Prayers to the both of you,

Jan

What can I add?
    What really can be said that hasn't already been? I have not walked in your shoes...don't know how you feel. All I can do is offer shoulders to lean on, prayers for comfort, strength, and courage to both of you.

Please, both of you hang in. These ladies have promised a brighter day. It's got to be true! If you haven't spoken to your cancer teams about how you feel, please do so.

((((((((((All BC Sistahs))))))))))))))))))
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    survives said:

What can I add?
    What really can be said that hasn't already been? I have not walked in your shoes...don't know how you feel. All I can do is offer shoulders to lean on, prayers for comfort, strength, and courage to both of you.

Please, both of you hang in. These ladies have promised a brighter day. It's got to be true! If you haven't spoken to your cancer teams about how you feel, please do so.

((((((((((All BC Sistahs))))))))))))))))))

It is hard, we all realize
    It is hard, we all realize that. But, I never even thought of giving up. I have too much to live for and love my husband too much that I want to grow old with him.

I pray you will keep taking treatment. You Heidi and you Meena.

Praying,

Angie