Where are you?

Options

Comments

• KayNYC
    KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    padee6339 said:

Queens?
    I was born and raised in Queens - Whitestone. Do you know the area?
    Pat

Yes, I know Whitestone
    Lived in Flushing, Bayside and Briarwood over the 30Yrs+ we lived in Queens. Worked at Flushing hospital for a number of years when the children were young.
    K
  • Jacque101
    Jacque101 Member Posts: 75
    Options

NM
    Middle of nowhere New Mexico in the Navajo rez--but I'm not a tribal member. Own property in Colorado and will move back there when the employment scene permits. Grew up an army brat and have "been around"!

Maureen

Tennessee
    Home of the Vols. 40 minutes from the Smoky Mountains...Knoxville, TN
  • rm22111
    rm22111 Member Posts: 54
    Options
    California
    I live in Bakersfield, CA. I grew up in Long Beach and I followed my future husband to kern County in the 70's.

rm22111
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    Options
    rm22111 said:

California
    I live in Bakersfield, CA. I grew up in Long Beach and I followed my future husband to kern County in the 70's.

rm22111

Washington State~
    The Evergreen State~ born and raised. Lived in Tacoma, Gig Harbor, and currently a small "bedroom community" called Fircrest~
    Love the NW, even the rainy days~which there are many of.
    Melanie
  • Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    Options
    wendybia said:

Connecticut
    New Haven CT....home to Yale...grew up in Albany NY but also lived in Beverly MA, Arlington TX and here in CT for 17 years now.

Hi wendybia!
    I lived in Bevelry MA too. Beautiful there. Never had a better mocha chai than at the Atomic Cafe! :)
  • Dawne.Hope
    Options
    Diana77 said:

I lived in illinois
    I live in Ofallon not to far from St Louis Mo

Hi Diana 77!
    I know where O'Fallon is. My BS and PS are in STL, drive right through O'Fallon to get there! :)
  • Dawne.Hope
    Options
    laurissa said:

Illinois
    I'm not too far from St. Louis. Its getting very hot and muggy now.

We're neighbors!
    Hi Laurissa!
    I'm not too far from STL either!
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Options
    San Antonio, Texas
    I'm from San Antonio, Texas. I just love this site! Amazing, beautiful people.
    24242 Member Posts: 1,398
    Options
    sea60 said:

San Antonio, Texas
    I'm from San Antonio, Texas. I just love this site! Amazing, beautiful people.

New Westminster, BC
    Born and raised in Alberta moved here over 14 years ago.

Hi Kathi, Wow have you ever been here along time too. Nice to see old names too since a sad pang comes over me for all the newbies though I am sure you are all wonderful people. Just Wish the Cancer train would end.

Tracy you do have some of the most interesting questions, don't stop, lolol
    Tara
  • wendybia
    wendybia Member Posts: 73
    Options

Hi wendybia!
    I lived in Bevelry MA too. Beautiful there. Never had a better mocha chai than at the Atomic Cafe! :)

ahhhhh Beverly
    I must say once a year I take a ride up to the north shore. When I get there, it just feels like home. I love Rockport and Gloucester. It's been 19 years since I lived there but still feel a connection even though I only lived there for 1 1/2 years.
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    24242 said:

New Westminster, BC
    Born and raised in Alberta moved here over 14 years ago.

Hi Kathi, Wow have you ever been here along time too. Nice to see old names too since a sad pang comes over me for all the newbies though I am sure you are all wonderful people. Just Wish the Cancer train would end.

Tracy you do have some of the most interesting questions, don't stop, lolol
    Tara

Bumping this up
    Thought I would bump this up for any newbies who would like to check in.

I'm still keeping track: 32 states + the District of Columbia + 2 exotic foreign lands (I dunno, are England and Canada considered "exotic"? :-). California, Florida, New York, and Texas are still in the lead -- but Illinois and Minnesota are representin'!

If you haven't already checked in, let us know where you're typing from!

Traci
  • linpsu
    linpsu Member Posts: 747
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

Bumping this up

I'm still keeping track: 32 states + the District of Columbia + 2 exotic foreign lands (I dunno, are England and Canada considered "exotic"? :-). California, Florida, New York, and Texas are still in the lead -- but Illinois and Minnesota are representin'!

Traci

PA
    I'm from Lancaster, PA - and no, I'm not Amish!
  • John_32
    John_32 Member Posts: 71
    Options
    linpsu said:

PA
    I'm from Lancaster, PA - and no, I'm not Amish!

NYC & Toronto
    Mostlly back and forth between Manhattan and Toronto (where my Canadian wife has to remain for her treatments). Very thankful for the Canadian health care system, because I don't even have health insurance for myself here in the US and would therefore not be able to provide it for my wife either unfortunately.
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Options
    camsgram said:

West Des Moines, Iowa
    Looks like so far I am the only Iowan. Your not missing much. I can't wait to travel again!!!

Not anymore camsgram!
    I was born and raised in Iowa (on the border of nebraska)and no i was not raised in a corn field and yes we have cities in Iowa! No im not a farm girl, im a city girl! hehe!
    I also have lived in many different states: California, Colorado, Texas, Illinios, Conneticut, South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida...i dont think i forgot any!
    I keep comin back to Iowa cuz most of my family is here. I too cant wait to travel!!!
  • Menda
    Menda Member Posts: 128
    Options
    TEXAS. Tiny tiny little town
    TEXAS. Tiny tiny little town between Austin and Waco. No stop light or stop sign. Have a dairy queen and fireflys and am able to see the stars
  • JuJuBeez
    JuJuBeez Member Posts: 332
    Options
    My hometown is Danville, IL.
    My hometown is Danville, IL. I have lived in a Syracuse NY 'burb for 8 years.
  • ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    JuJuBeez said:

My hometown is Danville, IL.
    My hometown is Danville, IL. I have lived in a Syracuse NY 'burb for 8 years.

I'm the only one here from
    I'm the only one here from Mississippi. Right on the Gulf Coast, Ocean Springs, just east of Biloxi.
  • 1wildone
    1wildone Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Where Are You
    I am the only one from North Carolina. Emerald Isle, North Carolina.
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

Bumping this up

Traci

add another California Girl Traci!
    born and raised in southern California. Currently live in San Dimas, which is only two miles away from my first home, Glendora.
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    cats_toy said:

add another California Girl Traci!
    born and raised in southern California. Currently live in San Dimas, which is only two miles away from my first home, Glendora.

Hey...wasn't someone going to put a map together...lol
    Add a Kansas City, MO for me...

Although I will always consider Washington (the NW one) my home~!