Where are you?

Options

Comments

• carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    lizzie17 said:

Florida
    I live in Florida, but always dream to move back home--- to New England.

I would love to travel and
    I would love to travel and see all those beautiful places. new England is great except in the winter. My mom sister and brother live in Fla my brother in Ok, my favorite aunt in Minn. Uncles and cousins in Denver and Texas. I was an AF brat lived in Texas, Miss, Florida,Pakistan, born in Germany. I want to take a trip I am thinking California never been past Colorado. hmmm good thread Traci got me thinking!
  • Lynda53
    Lynda53 Member Posts: 210
    Options
    MA, midway Boston and Cape Cod
    Always MA
    Peace
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Lynda53 said:

MA, midway Boston and Cape Cod
    Always MA
    Peace

HOOSIER
    I'm a hoosier. Born in Evansville, Indiana and stayed here forever. My family has been here (in this general area) since before Indiana became a state in 1816.

We're located on the Ohio River in the southwest corner of the state. Of all who have replied to this, it seems as though my nearest neighbor is in Louisville, Kentucky.
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

Stats so far
    For anyone keeping score at home...

So far, we've had folks check in from 24 different states -- California, Texas, and Florida are currently in the lead!

Keep 'em coming!

Traci

One more for California
    I am currently in Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley. I used to live in NJ, Summit and Chatham, and in Denver as well.
  • GregStahl
    GregStahl Member Posts: 188
    Options
    Wife and I
    are currently in Kilgore Tx (Outside Tyler/Longview) but both are from Houston originally. Left Houston and were in Boulder/Longmont for 5 years and moved back home. Decided on the small town instead of Houston because of crime, noise, pollution, etc.
    Great place to live, not so great when you have cancer.
    Was somewhat disappointed that you cant add a city/state/zip code to your profile and search for people close to you here in these blogs.
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    Traci, this is always a
    Traci, this is always a great idea.

I live in Atlantic Beach, FL, that is the beaches of Jacksonville. I actually grew up in Michigan (Grand Rapids) as both of my parents were born and raised in MI. The summer of my 9th grade my dad decided he was tired of shoveling snow in the winters and we were moving to Florida. We always came to Florida annually to visit friends and also my dad was stationed in Jacksonville when he was in the service. So, he was very familiar with it. I lived here until I graduated and then off to Atlanta, Georgia. I was there for 8 years and moved back to Florida shortly after my father died of colon cancer (1981). I decided that being close to family was more important at that stage of my life. I've been here ever since and love it!!
  • Hubby
    Hubby Member Posts: 325
    Options
    NY
    We live on Long Island, NY (pronounced LUNG EYELUND by those of us with this particular local speech defect)although my wife grew up in Putnam County. Both places are above the State average for breast cancer.
  • mickeymom
    mickeymom Member Posts: 117
    Options
    Washington State
    I'm in the Seattle area - originally from Wyoming.
  • jackiejhm
    jackiejhm Member Posts: 169
    Options
    Boise, Idaho. I grew up a
    Boise, Idaho. I grew up a bit of all over-USAF brat! But, I can honestly say, Idaho is a lovely state. Love it!
  • GrandmaJ
    GrandmaJ Member Posts: 209
    Options
    BethInAz said:

Pgh
    Hi Judy! I grew up in Pittsburgh - the North Hills, McCandless Twp. Graduated from North Allegheny High School in 1973. Where are you? We moved around the state of PA and then to Indiana and now are in Arizona - central eastern part of the state.
    Beth

Beth
    Also from North Hills....went to Shaler High School.

Judy
  • MGNS
    MGNS Member Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Born and raised in
    Born and raised in California. Retired and moved to New Mexico the Enchanted State.
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    GenieM27 said:

North California
    I live in the San Joaquin Valley in Northern California. I did live in New Orleans for 11 years.

Hello to All!

Northern California
    Genie I am in the San Joaquin valley as well and have for the past 40 years. Prior to that I lived in Hawaii, North Carolina and Virgina.

Love it when we do this thread always fun to see where everyone is from.

RE
  • tjohnson2310
    tjohnson2310 Member Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Louisiana
    I live in Southwest Louisiana.
  • JoMama54
    JoMama54 Member Posts: 78
    Options

Louisiana

Blackfoot Idaho potato
    Blackfoot Idaho potato head!!
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    Options

Louisiana

Another Hoosier here!
    Like Marsha Mulvey ... I'm a Hoosier ... Bloomington, Indiana... but moved around quite a bit in my "other life" (married).

Lived in:
    Indianapolis
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    Mansfield, Ohio
    Ossining, N.Y (as Cathy "Cruf" said ... home of Sing-Sing Prison!)
    Mandeville, Louisiana (so I know exactly where Cypress Cynthia lives!)
    Roswell, Georgia

Then ... back to Mandeville ... and Louisiana ... and even though I've been back to Indiana for 11 years ... my heart will always be in Louisiana! Wonderful state, wonderful people ... and it breaks my heart to see what Katrina did ... and the oil spill is doing.

hugs.
    Teena
  • camsgram
    camsgram Member Posts: 106
    Options
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Looks like so far I am the only Iowan. Your not missing much. I can't wait to travel again!!!
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Options
    sbmly53 said:

New York!
    In Morris (where?) - 15 minutes from Oneonta, an hour from Utica or Binghamton, 2 hours to Syracuse (just returned from camping near there) and 3 and a half hours to the Big Apple. Always lived in NY, traveled a bit, but really just a homebody. We have a nice little place on 2 acres - neighbors, but not close. Very peaceful.

Two Papillons, obviously, and 3 cats, hubby and me. Our daughter is an hour away and 3 of his kids live within an hour and 1 lives in Howe, Tx.

Thank you Traci, I'm always thinking of my sisters in pink and I'm happy to know where they are.

Sue

Oneonta?
    My brother lives in Oneonta - I've heard him talk of Morris.
    Pat
  • padee6339
    Options
    KayNYC said:

Hi from NYC
    Lived in NY State since birth but have been a NYC resident since 1974. Lived in Queens, NY while we raised our children.Three years ago,we moved back to Manhattan,where Hubby and I met when I was in Nursing school. Our son is attending Naval officer training school and has been in the Navy for 14 years. Daughter lives in Westchester County, NY close to where I was born and raised.
    We enjoy traveling and our favorite states are: Florida, Virginia and Boston. We've enjoyed several wonderful trips to New Orleans and Las Vegas. Love to see the rest of the states.
    Wishing everyone a safe and peaceful Memorial Day.
    Hugs,K

Queens?
    I was born and raised in Queens - Whitestone. Do you know the area?
    Pat
  • padee6339
    Options
    Maryland
    I currently live in Central Maryland, Laurel, to be exact. Laurel is precisely half way between Washington DC and Baltimore. I love to spend time on the Eastern Shore by the ocean where my Mom lives. I was born and raised in Queens (Whitestone), and still have a brother in Oneonta, NY and a brother in Roslyn Heights, Lung Eyeland - hahaha. My neice and her husband are in Park Slope, Brooklyn and I hope someday to go back. Moved down here to be near my sister, but she is gone and I'm pretty much on my own here. So either want to head east or north. We'll see. Retirement isn't for another 5 or 6 years.
    Hugs - Pat
  • Barb A
    Barb A Member Posts: 123
    Options
    Wisconsin
    I'm from Portage, WI which is 35 miles north of Madison (WI's capital).