Options

Comments

• m-star
    m-star Member Posts: 441
    Options

DON'T LET THE NAME FOOL YOU!
    Hi Traci

I have family in LA.

Well this was the greatest post you did for all of us. I was always wondering who would have the most POSTS and by far you have won. LOL
    Ok here I go and added some extra stuff too:

I'll start at the beginning to the current So add another one to TEXAS!!!

ARKANSAS IS WHERE I CALL HOME - BORN AND RAISED THERE - GO RAZORBACKS!!!
    ANCHORAGE ALASKA - 18 MONTHS
    TUSCOLA ILLINOIS- 18 MONTHS
    BATON ROUGE LOUISIANA - 3 YEARS
    DAYTON OHIO - 5 YEARS
    PITTSBURGH PENNSYLVANIA - 13 YEARS (NOT A STEELER FAN)
    WAXAHACHIE TEXAS - CURRENT FOR THE PAST 2 YEARS. AND YES I FLY THOSE RAZORBACK FLAGS IN TEXAS. (NOT A COWBOY FAN) LOL
    When we got a chance to come south, I told my husband it was time to go home - we have come
    full circle.
    My NFL TEAM IS THE DENVER BRONCOS!!!!MY FUTURE VACATION

God bless each and everyone of you.
    Arkansasgirl

England!!!
    I live in the County of Derbyshire in England. We have some of the most prettiest areas in the UK about 10 miles from where i live.
    But i envy all of you who live in Florida!!! Only visited once (so far) and i loved it.Lovely weather,lovely people.

(oh and lovely tornado's and gators! LOL)

Kay
  • jk1952
    jk1952 Member Posts: 613
    Options
    sbmly53 said:

Anniem, I'm close by
    In Morris. It's 15 minutes off of 88 in Oneonta. About an hour to Binghamton.

Sue

Anniem and Sue
    I'm in Fayetteville (near Syracuse) but lived in Maine, NY (Maine-Endwell School) for a while. My husband graduated from Maine Endwell.

Joyce
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    Options
    m-star said:

England!!!
    I live in the County of Derbyshire in England. We have some of the most prettiest areas in the UK about 10 miles from where i live.
    But i envy all of you who live in Florida!!! Only visited once (so far) and i loved it.Lovely weather,lovely people.

(oh and lovely tornado's and gators! LOL)

Kay

+1 for Florida
    Titusville Fl here. Also lived in Merrillville IN, Severna Park MD, & Houston TX.
    Cat
  • Kathy09
    Kathy09 Member Posts: 99
    Options
    Ohio
    Give one vote for Ohio, lived here forever lol
  • Hubby
    Hubby Member Posts: 325
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

And California takes the lead!
    For anyone else who likes stats like I do:

We've checked in so far from 31 states and the District of Columbia! I wonder if we can make all 50 states -- come on, if you're in a state that hasn't been mentioned yet, raise your hand!

States with the most members so far:

California - 11
    Florida - 9
    New York - 8
    Texas - 7
    Illinois - 5

Traci
    (I swear I'm not sending in shills to boost California's numbers! :-)

Kind of Surprising
    Assuming we are sort of a random group of people, I am suprised at the number of people in Florida. The list should reflect the state populations in order: California; Texas; New York; Florida; Illinois; Pennsylvania then Michigan. You would expect California people to be about twice the number of Floridians. It could be because women go to Florida to retire and more likely to get BC over a certain age or it's just too small of a sampling.
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    Options
    Hubby said:

Kind of Surprising
    Assuming we are sort of a random group of people, I am suprised at the number of people in Florida. The list should reflect the state populations in order: California; Texas; New York; Florida; Illinois; Pennsylvania then Michigan. You would expect California people to be about twice the number of Floridians. It could be because women go to Florida to retire and more likely to get BC over a certain age or it's just too small of a sampling.

Hubby
    The first four you mentioned are in the top states of people affected by Cancer. The ACS has a book of statistics.(Kinda interesting & makes you wonder.) Yes, they are heavily populated areas, but I can't help but to feel it is something environmental. I didn't come to Florida to retire & am rather young(40ish), but it appears as though I'm the youngest at my Cancer Center so far!
    A while back, one of our sisters, LovelyLola put together a map of where we all were. I believe it is on her expressions page if anyone is interested in seeing that.
    Cat
  • heidijez
    heidijez Member Posts: 441
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

And California takes the lead!
    For anyone else who likes stats like I do:

We've checked in so far from 31 states and the District of Columbia! I wonder if we can make all 50 states -- come on, if you're in a state that hasn't been mentioned yet, raise your hand!

States with the most members so far:

California - 11
    Florida - 9
    New York - 8
    Texas - 7
    Illinois - 5

Traci
    (I swear I'm not sending in shills to boost California's numbers! :-)

oops!
    oops!
  • starseed
    starseed Member Posts: 62
    Options
    Currently residing
    in Crossville, TN but I've also lived in
    Pittsburgh,PA--go Steelers
    Cleveland,OH
    Southern CALIF
    Tubac,AZ
    Conifer, CO
    Brighton,CO
    Bluffton,SC

I think that's all of them!!
  • offroadmudr
    offroadmudr Member Posts: 2
    Options
    starseed said:

Currently residing
    in Crossville, TN but I've also lived in
    Pittsburgh,PA--go Steelers
    Cleveland,OH
    Southern CALIF
    Tubac,AZ
    Conifer, CO
    Brighton,CO
    Bluffton,SC

I think that's all of them!!

where r u
    I was hatched in Washington D.C and raised in knoxville,Tn. Love it here
  • shortscake
    shortscake Member Posts: 228
    Options
    north of Atlanta GA
    Iam north of Atlanta ga about 20miles
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

north of Atlanta GA
    Iam north of Atlanta ga about 20miles

girl power shortscake!

girl power shortscake!
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    jackiejhm said:

Boise, Idaho. I grew up a
    Boise, Idaho. I grew up a bit of all over-USAF brat! But, I can honestly say, Idaho is a lovely state. Love it!

Hi Jackiejhm- Boise is my
    Hi Jackiejhm- Boise is my big city. My daughter graduates from C of I on Saturday, so I will be down your way. Are you a MSTI patient? xoxoxo Lynn
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    heidijez said:

Twin Lakes, Wisconsin
    I'm right near the Illinois/Wisconsin border - halfway between Chicago and Milwaukee. Grew up in Chicago, and tho I have lived in Wisconsin for most of my life, I still think of myself as a Chicagoan ; )

Tracy, you always have such
    Tracy, you always have such interesting posts! I am where it is hot and muggy. Guess where! LOL

Sue :)
  • Scotch Freckles
    Scotch Freckles Member Posts: 273 Member
    Options

DON'T LET THE NAME FOOL YOU!
    Hi Traci

I have family in LA.

Well this was the greatest post you did for all of us. I was always wondering who would have the most POSTS and by far you have won. LOL
    Ok here I go and added some extra stuff too:

I'll start at the beginning to the current So add another one to TEXAS!!!

ARKANSAS IS WHERE I CALL HOME - BORN AND RAISED THERE - GO RAZORBACKS!!!
    ANCHORAGE ALASKA - 18 MONTHS
    TUSCOLA ILLINOIS- 18 MONTHS
    BATON ROUGE LOUISIANA - 3 YEARS
    DAYTON OHIO - 5 YEARS
    PITTSBURGH PENNSYLVANIA - 13 YEARS (NOT A STEELER FAN)
    WAXAHACHIE TEXAS - CURRENT FOR THE PAST 2 YEARS. AND YES I FLY THOSE RAZORBACK FLAGS IN TEXAS. (NOT A COWBOY FAN) LOL
    When we got a chance to come south, I told my husband it was time to go home - we have come
    full circle.
    My NFL TEAM IS THE DENVER BRONCOS!!!!MY FUTURE VACATION

God bless each and everyone of you.
    Arkansasgirl

I thought I moved around
    Hi Arkansasgirl,

I thought my husband and I moved around alot over the years. I was born in Merced, CA, raised in Fresno, CA. Couldn't get out of Fresno fast enough when I graduated from high school. Lived in Marin County, North of San Francisco for several years. Married and live in Rohnert Park, Clovis, Susanville, Eureka, Trinadad, Arcata, CA. Then off to Colorado, Denver, Aurora, Briton, Littleton. Back to CA to Ventura, Red Bluff, Manton and then off to WA. to Spokane where I retired to the beach on the west side of WA.

We retired early so were able to move around a lot in a fifth wheel for 6 years, then rejoined the working world till 2007. And yes, I was dx in CA. had all treatment in Spokane, WA. due to a job transfer.

Have enjoyed all the traveling but enjoy staying home at the beach now.

Scotch Freckles
  • Mariannemm
    Mariannemm Member Posts: 136
    Options
    Oregon
    Salem, the state capital!
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    kickie said:

Hi TraclinLA
    i live in ohio 50 miles from columbus ohio. It is called mt.vernon ohio, paul lynde was born and raised here. Ever heard of the OSU Buckeyes???

Hey kickie
    I'm from Fairborn Ohio over by Dayton.
  • wendybia
    wendybia Member Posts: 73
    Options
    Connecticut
    New Haven CT....home to Yale...grew up in Albany NY but also lived in Beverly MA, Arlington TX and here in CT for 17 years now.
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    Hubby said:

Kind of Surprising

So what are you saying??????Huh????? LOL!
    But keep in mind that California is 'the land of fruits and nuts'.

We seem to be trend setters...so the prevention thing is big here...

I know that ethnicity plays a role in colorectal cancer, maybe also in other cancers...we have a very large Mexican/American community here in the south...maybe they are less likely to get breast cancer from a genetics side.

Hugs, Kathi
  • EveningStar2
    EveningStar2 Member Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    NM
    Middle of nowhere New Mexico in the Navajo rez--but I'm not a tribal member. Own property in Colorado and will move back there when the employment scene permits. Grew up an army brat and have "been around"!

Maureen
  • KayNYC
    KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    cruf said:

Westchester!
    Hi Kay! Where in Westchester County are you from? I was raised in North Tarrytown and have lived in Ossining for 26 years! HUGS!! Cathy

HI Cruf
    Born and raised in Yonkers, NY; parents later moved to Mahopac. My daughter is now in White Plains.
    My Dad used to work in Tarrrytown when I was a child.
    Hugs,K