1234568»

Comments

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    Options
    Chefdaddy said:

I truly love you all!
    Hello all my friends,

To all of you that called me at the hospital, thank you so very much for your concern, encouragement and prayers. You have no idea what talking to you did for me.

I especially want to thank my friend Hondo for starting this thread and being there for me and Sweetblood, who has also become a supportive good friend. It has been a very rough trip, many set-backs and several bad prognosis reports that I refused to accept. I am home now, my bowels began to work on their own without an enema for the first on Friday. My kids were over-joyed as I was in joyful tears over something that most people take for granted. I finally had a home visit by a nurse who was extremely knowledgeable and helped me get the food pump dialed in and how to properly use it when digestion is at a very minimum. Today I swallowed food for the first time in six months, I tried some instant oatmeal to see if I could tolerate swallowing. I'm now waiting to see if my intestines will process it properly.

I need to go back to my recliner, my BP is still very low, something like 98/51 sitting in the recliner. I'm hoping that the pump food and Gatorade for hydration will help.

My daughter is reconnecting my computer next to my recliner with a wireless keyboard she got me so that I don't have to get up to get on here.

Again, thank you all for your endless support for me and my children.

May God truly Bless you all.

Your friend

Mike

MIKE!!! I am literally in
    MIKE!!! I am literally in tears hearing from you b/c I'm so happy!!!!!!!!!!! Our prayers have been answered. I can't tell you how happy we all are that you are doing better. If seeing you on here does this for me, I can only imagine how your children must feel. We have all be praying for you and your children, Mike, because we have missed you terribly and have worried so much. I have actually been afraid to read this thread when I saw "new" becuase I knew you were having such a hard time. But now, you are moving forward!! I will continue to pray for you and your children. Thank you so much for letting us know that you are doing better, Mike. May God continue to bless you and your children. Please let us know how your son is doing also. Hondo told us that he had his last Chemo treatment. I pray he is doing better but I also know from experience that the recovery is as hard, if not harder, than the treatments. Thank you for MAKING MY MONTH!! :0)
    Keep up the good work and please keep us posted when you feel up to it. Don't try to do to much, even posting, you have to take very good care of yourself so you can get stronger. I'm sure your chilren will see that you don't overdo tho.
    God Bless You and YOUR children!!
    Your friend, Debbie
  • dennis318
    dennis318 Member Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Thanks Hondo
    Certainly say a special prayer for him tonight and keep him in my thoughts. Bless his heart and his family, Thanks Hondo for keeping us informed. Dennis, You hang in there Mike, We are all pulling for you bud!!!
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    Chefdaddy said:

I truly love you all!
    Hello all my friends,

To all of you that called me at the hospital, thank you so very much for your concern, encouragement and prayers. You have no idea what talking to you did for me.

I especially want to thank my friend Hondo for starting this thread and being there for me and Sweetblood, who has also become a supportive good friend. It has been a very rough trip, many set-backs and several bad prognosis reports that I refused to accept. I am home now, my bowels began to work on their own without an enema for the first on Friday. My kids were over-joyed as I was in joyful tears over something that most people take for granted. I finally had a home visit by a nurse who was extremely knowledgeable and helped me get the food pump dialed in and how to properly use it when digestion is at a very minimum. Today I swallowed food for the first time in six months, I tried some instant oatmeal to see if I could tolerate swallowing. I'm now waiting to see if my intestines will process it properly.

I need to go back to my recliner, my BP is still very low, something like 98/51 sitting in the recliner. I'm hoping that the pump food and Gatorade for hydration will help.

My daughter is reconnecting my computer next to my recliner with a wireless keyboard she got me so that I don't have to get up to get on here.

Your friend

Mike

Congrats Mike on the Progress
    Glad to hear you are doing better, and home again....and especially that your system is flushing waste out of your system...bravo friend....

Hopefully the oatmeal will digest and be the start of your much awaited recovery.

John
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone 5-30-2010

It is so good to see Mike posting again and to hear how strong his voice sounds, but please understand Mike is not out of the woods just yet. He continues to have blood pressure problems and getting proper nutrition in through his PEG tube. When I did treatment I did not use a PEG so I really need some of you who did use the PEG to give advice on what he can do to get hi protein, hi fiber and hi calories foods down his PEG, Any recipes you have please share it.

As this tread is getting kind of large I will be starting a new one for mike tomorrow

May God continue to be with you Mike and your family.
  • Pam M
    Pam M Member Posts: 2,196
    Options
    Chefdaddy said:

I truly love you all!
    Hello all my friends,

Your friend

Mike

So Glad to Hear From Y ou
    Mike,

It's great to see you post. Just because we're nosey, don't feel like you HAVE to post your status for us - but we do appreciate it. Keep up the recuperating. We're all hoping your luck has finally turned (treatment-wise).

Still have you in my prayers,

Pam
  • Fire34
    Fire34 Member Posts: 365
    Options
    Pam M said:

So Glad to Hear From Y ou
    Mike,

It's great to see you post. Just because we're nosey, don't feel like you HAVE to post your status for us - but we do appreciate it. Keep up the recuperating. We're all hoping your luck has finally turned (treatment-wise).

Still have you in my prayers,

Pam

Great news
    Mike
    Also glad to see your back. After all the troubles Hondo has told us you were having, I wish I could have been out there to help. I know how much support I needed, I can only imagine how much you need. I am glad to see you have some home health care helping you out. Best Wishes & Prayers
    Dave
  • staceya
    staceya Member Posts: 720
    Options
    Chefdaddy said:

I truly love you all!
    Hello all my friends,

Your friend

Mike

So nice to see you posting!
    It is so nice to see your post! You and your family are on my mind and in my prayers..
    Hope things continue to go well..Do you have a list of things that you need? Is there any more ways that I can help from here? Just let me know..
    STacey
  • Kent Cass
    Kent Cass Member Posts: 1,898 Member
    Options
    Hondo said:

Hi Everyone 5-30-2010

It is so good to see Mike posting again and to hear how strong his voice sounds, but please understand Mike is not out of the woods just yet. He continues to have blood pressure problems and getting proper nutrition in through his PEG tube. When I did treatment I did not use a PEG so I really need some of you who did use the PEG to give advice on what he can do to get hi protein, hi fiber and hi calories foods down his PEG, Any recipes you have please share it.

As this tread is getting kind of large I will be starting a new one for mike tomorrow

May God continue to be with you Mike and your family.

PEG
    If Mike has a problem with the Jevity, would suggest he contacts a Dietician. They had one at my Onco's office. Might be worth a try.

kcass
  • Clearblue
    Clearblue Member Posts: 186
    Options
    Kent Cass said:

PEG
    If Mike has a problem with the Jevity, would suggest he contacts a Dietician. They had one at my Onco's office. Might be worth a try.

kcass

Mike - You Just keep at it !

Hondo, everything said about you is true. You were the first to welcome me on this site.
    This string is an absolute unmeasurable testimony to the depth of good that you all possess.

Mike , You keep at it! There is so much concern, love and care for you- just know that when you wake up every day.

We dont know eachother,
    it doesnt matter.

Clear B.
  • debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    Options
    Clearblue said:

Mike - You Just keep at it !

Hondo, everything said about you is true. You were the first to welcome me on this site.
    This string is an absolute unmeasurable testimony to the depth of good that you all possess.

Mike , You keep at it! There is so much concern, love and care for you- just know that when you wake up every day.

We dont know eachother,
    it doesnt matter.

Clear B.

Mike, I and probably all agree
    Clear, you said it right, doesn't matter if we've met or not, we truly love and care A LOT!! So, Mike, as Clear told you, always remember that and keep on keep'n on!!!
    I think most, if not all here truly love and care about one another simply because we have all traveled that road from hell and lived to talk about it. Everyone here is always in my prayers and I think of you often. I also know I can come here and talk, vent, ask questions, or whatever and I will get a reply. I thank God for helping me find this site because everyone here is a Godsend. I'm very thankful for all of you and the time you spend giveing advice, answering questions, allowing us to vent, etc. Thank you all for everything!! Mike, you hang in there!!
    God Bless you all, my friends.
    Debbie
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options

Mike, I and probably all agree
    Clear, you said it right, doesn't matter if we've met or not, we truly love and care A LOT!! So, Mike, as Clear told you, always remember that and keep on keep'n on!!!
    I think most, if not all here truly love and care about one another simply because we have all traveled that road from hell and lived to talk about it. Everyone here is always in my prayers and I think of you often. I also know I can come here and talk, vent, ask questions, or whatever and I will get a reply. I thank God for helping me find this site because everyone here is a Godsend. I'm very thankful for all of you and the time you spend giveing advice, answering questions, allowing us to vent, etc. Thank you all for everything!! Mike, you hang in there!!
    God Bless you all, my friends.
    Debbie

Friends
    Hi Debbie

Very well said, our closeness stems from the need we all have in common and sometimes it draws us even closer together as a family.

Clearblue

Thanks for the kind words but I am only a tool that God extender the life on for only one reason, to help someone else the way he helps me. I believe I am the lucky one in all the new friends I have here.