• sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options
    delnative said:

Damn
    Cancer sucks.

--Jim in Delaware

last night
    when i talked to mike last night, he had been to the new place, and then right back to the hospital just a few hours later. apparently the new place was not prepared to handle his nutrition needs. also the doctors did not perscribe? or tell the new place about all his medicinal needs. i guess he called his brother and he came to meet mike at the new place. they also had to do battle with a huge wicked spider that was in his room..... eew. the latter alone would have me out of there. so he is back at the hospital, as far as i know. I have not been able to get on line for a couple of days. i walked up here to my parents house, and i was able to. down at my house it was saying that i could not get an ip address or something.

i do not have a new hospital number for him. if i get in touch with him tonight, i will ask if he wants me to post it. i did text him, but did not hear anything back today as of yet. will post if i talk to hm, and i can get on line.
  • debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    Options

last night
    when i talked to mike last night, he had been to the new place, and then right back to the hospital just a few hours later. apparently the new place was not prepared to handle his nutrition needs. also the doctors did not perscribe? or tell the new place about all his medicinal needs. i guess he called his brother and he came to meet mike at the new place. they also had to do battle with a huge wicked spider that was in his room..... eew. the latter alone would have me out of there. so he is back at the hospital, as far as i know. I have not been able to get on line for a couple of days. i walked up here to my parents house, and i was able to. down at my house it was saying that i could not get an ip address or something.

i do not have a new hospital number for him. if i get in touch with him tonight, i will ask if he wants me to post it. i did text him, but did not hear anything back today as of yet. will post if i talk to hm, and i can get on line.

Mike
    Thank you so much, Sweet!! I have been so worried about him. He is always on my mind and I appredciate hearing something.
    God Bless Everyone,
    Debbie
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options

Mike
    Thank you so much, Sweet!! I have been so worried about him. He is always on my mind and I appredciate hearing something.
    God Bless Everyone,
    Debbie

very quick chat, 1 minute or less update
    he had to go, but he said that his son is getting surgery to remove his port or pic tomorrow. mike said he is supposed to be discharged tomorrow and will be getting home health care. not sure if this will post having trouble again.
  • staceya
    staceya Member Posts: 720
    Options

he had to go, but he said that his son is getting surgery to remove his port or pic tomorrow. mike said he is supposed to be discharged tomorrow and will be getting home health care. not sure if this will post having trouble again.

He is in my prayers..all the
    He is in my prayers..all the time.
  • staceya
    staceya Member Posts: 720
    Options

He is in my prayers..all the
    He is in my prayers..all the time. sorry double post...my computer is not working...
  • debbiejeanne
    Options

Thank you, Sweet. Since his
    Thank you, Sweet. Since his son is getting that stuff removed, is that a great sign that he is better? Does it mean his cancer is gone? I certainly pray it is.
    God Bless,
    Debbie
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone 5-20-10
    God is at work through out prayers and Mike is doing a lot better. I talked to him a little while ago and he sounds so much better, he is getting nourishment through his PEG and his bowels are moving, all very good signs, finally something good. His Voice was strong and his attitude was very positive, he is planning on going home sometime tomorrow.

God has designed our bodies in such a way that they have the ability to heal themselves and with the power of just a single prayer our body can connect to the source of life in the God we serve.

I just realized the other night when I posted Mikes up-date I put the wrong date, I am just so happy tonight know he is doing a lot better

Keep praying God is listening, God bless you all for being his friend
  • Joel4
    Joel4 Member Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Hondo said:

Hi Everyone 5-20-10
    God is at work through out prayers and Mike is doing a lot better. I talked to him a little while ago and he sounds so much better, he is getting nourishment through his PEG and his bowels are moving, all very good signs, finally something good. His Voice was strong and his attitude was very positive, he is planning on going home sometime tomorrow.

God has designed our bodies in such a way that they have the ability to heal themselves and with the power of just a single prayer our body can connect to the source of life in the God we serve.

I just realized the other night when I posted Mikes up-date I put the wrong date, I am just so happy tonight know he is doing a lot better

Awesome News
    I'm new around here but new or not that is great news and there is such truth in what you said Hondo! There is great power in prayer.
  • debbiejeanne
    Options
    Hondo said:

Hi Everyone 5-20-10

Hondo, that is AWESOME!! It
    Hondo, that is AWESOME!! It gave me chills while I was reading your post. Thank you so much for updating us. We are all very worried and praying for Mike and his family. I hope he is up to posting himself very soon. My prayers will continue b/c nothing is as powerful as my God!!!
    God Bless,
    Debbie
  • wifeforlife
    wifeforlife Member Posts: 189
    Options

Hondo, that is AWESOME!! It
    Hondo, that is AWESOME!! It gave me chills while I was reading your post. Thank you so much for updating us. We are all very worried and praying for Mike and his family. I hope he is up to posting himself very soon. My prayers will continue b/c nothing is as powerful as my God!!!
    God Bless,
    Debbie

God be with you
    and also with you.....and you....and you....and you
  • Pam M
    Pam M Member Posts: 2,196
    Options
    Hondo said:

Hi Everyone 5-20-10

YES!!
    Hondo,

Thankyouthankyouthankyou for your most recent update on Mike. As some others have said, it's wonderful of you to give of yourself and your time. I've no doubts whatsoever that part of Mike's success is your fault.
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    Hondo said:

Hi Everyone 5-20-10

Power in Prayer
    It works.....living proof, glad to hear things are looking better.

Power of Prayers being sent,
    John
  • delnative
    delnative Member Posts: 450
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Power in Prayer
    It works.....living proof, glad to hear things are looking better.

Power of Prayers being sent,
    John

Amazing
    After 30-some years in the journalism biz and doing everything from watching the cops pull dead bodies from the Delaware Bay to witnessing the executions of convicted murderers, I've developed a pretty hard shell. But I'm sitting at my computer with tears welling up in my eyes at this good news.
    The power of prayer is not to be underestimated.

--Jim in Delaware
  • Hondo
    Options
    Hi Again everyone

Mike and his Son are at home now and his Son is resting. One of the problems Mike has right now is that the half way house he was at had receive a feeding tube and pump for Mike, after they were not able to handle him and he went back into the Hospital. They kept the pump and will not release it to him so tonight he is at home but not able to feed himself. The Hospital is working to get the pump but in the mean time Mike may need to go to the emergency room just to get feed, I can’t understand some people, they know Mike needs the pump.

Anyway he did log on tonight and read a lot of the post here but was not able to post anything. He said to tell you all thanks so much for the prayers and that he loves each and every one of you.

God bless you all for your friendship
  • Pam M
    Pam M Member Posts: 2,196
    Options
    Hondo said:

Hi Again everyone

Mike and his Son are at home now and his Son is resting. One of the problems Mike has right now is that the half way house he was at had receive a feeding tube and pump for Mike, after they were not able to handle him and he went back into the Hospital. They kept the pump and will not release it to him so tonight he is at home but not able to feed himself. The Hospital is working to get the pump but in the mean time Mike may need to go to the emergency room just to get feed, I can’t understand some people, they know Mike needs the pump.

Anyway he did log on tonight and read a lot of the post here but was not able to post anything. He said to tell you all thanks so much for the prayers and that he loves each and every one of you.

Insanity
    That's crazy - can't believe the halfway house. Why on earth would they hold Mike's feeding supplies hostage? It's horrible. Wonder if they'd still hold onto the pump if they got the bill for Mike visiting the ER to get fed.
  • Glenna M
    Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576
    Options
    Pam M said:

Insanity
    That's crazy - can't believe the halfway house. Why on earth would they hold Mike's feeding supplies hostage? It's horrible. Wonder if they'd still hold onto the pump if they got the bill for Mike visiting the ER to get fed.

There is a lot of red tape whenever medical supplies are involved. Unfortunately most places don't hurry at getting all of the necessary paperwork filled out to accommodate the patient. I know this first hand through previous experience with live in clients who are handicapped. My daughter has been taking care of mentally handicapped patients for years and you wouldn't believe the paperwork involved just to give the client an aspirin ;-(

It is wonderful to hear that Mike and his son are both home now. Let's pray that he gets his feeding supplies soon so he doesn't start to go downhill because of a lack of nutrition. He has fought so hard to get where he is today!!

Hope Mike will continue to read our posts and respond when he has the strength. Right now I'm sure he is spending what little energy he has just enjoying being home with his kids.

My best to you Mike and your kids. You will continue to be in my prayers.
  • debbiejeanne
    Options
    Hondo said:

Hi Again everyone

Thank you, Hondo. I was
    Thank you, Hondo. I was really starting to worry b/c we hadn't heard anything. I'm sorry that Mike has more problems but I'm so happy to hear that he is home with his children. That family will continue to be in my prayers as are all of you.
    Mike, I'm glad you're home and we look forward to you being strong enough to get on here and chat with us a while.
    God Bless,
    Debbie
  • Hondo
    Options
    Hi Everyone 5-24-10
    Mike is still doing ok, but he has a little bladder infection he is dealing with, he has a nurse coming in tomorrow to see him so hopefully if he needs antibiotic they will give it to him right then. He is still having problems getting enough food into his body as the manufacture of the iodine free shake he needs are going out of business , you would know that Mikes luck.

Anyway continue to kept him and the kids in your prayers, and thanks you all for being caring friends
  • debbiejeanne
    Options
    Hondo said:

Hi Everyone 5-24-10
    Mike is still doing ok, but he has a little bladder infection he is dealing with, he has a nurse coming in tomorrow to see him so hopefully if he needs antibiotic they will give it to him right then. He is still having problems getting enough food into his body as the manufacture of the iodine free shake he needs are going out of business , you would know that Mikes luck.

Anyway continue to kept him and the kids in your prayers, and thanks you all for being caring friends

THANK YOU SO MUCH, HONDO. I
    THANK YOU SO MUCH, HONDO. I was really scared. You're right about Mike's luck :0(
    Mike and his family, just as everyone here, will ALWAYS be in MY prayers.
    God Bless,
    Debbie
  • Fire34
    Fire34 Member Posts: 365
    Options

THANK YOU SO MUCH, HONDO. I
    THANK YOU SO MUCH, HONDO. I was really scared. You're right about Mike's luck :0(
    Mike and his family, just as everyone here, will ALWAYS be in MY prayers.
    God Bless,
    Debbie

Ditto Debbie
    Thanks a bunch Hondo for keeping us all up to date on Mike. I know that all Mike is going thru makes the troubles I had seem trivial. I hope & prayer that he can get over all these complications. Thanks again Hondo, let us know if there is anyway to get ahold of him ourselves. I understand the ex-wife problems etc. but just in case there is. Again tell him he has my Best Wishes & Prayers
    Dave