Chefdaddy New Up-date on Mike 5-30-10

Options

Comments

• sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options
    Hondo said:

Hi Sweet
    Mike fell down last night I don’t know how bad he was hurt, just too week to stand up and I guess like most men not wanting to ask for help. He did do the surgery and they move him to another room so he could be monitored better. That is all the news I have for now, I have no other way to contact him until tomorrow.

I want to thank you so much for taking the extra time to call and talk to him, it really mean so must to someone who is so far down to know others care. I do tell him about everyone here praying for him and wishing him well, it brightens up his day and brings a little more sunshine into his life.

Get well Mike we are praying for you

thanks for letting me know
    If I call his old number tomorrow will I get him? he is the nicest guy, and I enjoy talking to him. I just wish there was more that I can do. tell him I am thinking of him and still praying for him. I hope he did not hurt himself too bad falling.

if there is another number to call can you please send it to me?

thanks again.

sweet
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options

thanks for letting me know
    If I call his old number tomorrow will I get him? he is the nicest guy, and I enjoy talking to him. I just wish there was more that I can do. tell him I am thinking of him and still praying for him. I hope he did not hurt himself too bad falling.

if there is another number to call can you please send it to me?

thanks again.

sweet

Sweet
    I just got off the phone with him, he is very week and not talking too much, some of his words I could not understand so well. He had the surgery but no up-date on what was found. I believe he might still be under a lot under medication for pain, this is what they gave me for his new room number 503-346-1085

Thanks again for being a friend
  • sweetblood22
    Options
    Hondo said:

Sweet
    I just got off the phone with him, he is very week and not talking too much, some of his words I could not understand so well. He had the surgery but no up-date on what was found. I believe he might still be under a lot under medication for pain, this is what they gave me for his new room number 503-346-1085

thank you
    thanks so much, i will call 2moro. i am really worried about him. writing that number down now.
  • sweetblood22
    Options
    Hondo said:

Sweet

thank you
    thanks so much, i will call 2moro. i am really worried about him. writing that number down now.
  • carolinagirl67
    carolinagirl67 Member Posts: 153
    Options
    Hondo said:

Sweet

The Gift
    Hondo,

What an amazing human being you are!
  • debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    Options
    Hondo said:

Hi Sweet
    Mike fell down last night I don’t know how bad he was hurt, just too week to stand up and I guess like most men not wanting to ask for help. He did do the surgery and they move him to another room so he could be monitored better. That is all the news I have for now, I have no other way to contact him until tomorrow.

I want to thank you so much for taking the extra time to call and talk to him, it really mean so must to someone who is so far down to know others care. I do tell him about everyone here praying for him and wishing him well, it brightens up his day and brings a little more sunshine into his life.

Get well Mike we are praying for you

Mike
    Hi Hondo and all. I also spoke to Mike and he didn't sound to good. He said when he fell he pulled his jpeg tube out and will have to have it put in again. I cannot believe all this man has been through. I will keep him and all of you in my prayers forever. I wish we could do more for him. Hondo, if you think of anything I can do long-distance, please just let me know.
    Mike, I hope you are feeling much better very soon and that we can again look forward to posts from you!!
    Prayers Always,
    Debbie
  • Hondo
    Options
    Mike Up-date 5-11-10

Mike is doing a little better but not much, he is still in a lot of pain. He is very hard to understand because of the pain meds he is taking. He fell last night before his surgery and pulled the PEG tub out and is having a lot of pain from just that to say nothing about the surgery to unplug his intestine. He said to say hi to everyone and thank you all for your prayers
  • staceya
    staceya Member Posts: 720
    Options
    Hondo said:

Mike Up-date 5-11-10

Mike is doing a little better but not much, he is still in a lot of pain. He is very hard to understand because of the pain meds he is taking. He fell last night before his surgery and pulled the PEG tub out and is having a lot of pain from just that to say nothing about the surgery to unplug his intestine. He said to say hi to everyone and thank you all for your prayers

I am keeping him in my
    I am keeping him in my prayers!
  • sweetblood22
    Options
    staceya said:

I am keeping him in my
    I am keeping him in my prayers!

Today
    This is the first time I was able to get on line today. Maybe because we had pouribg rain most of the day. I am not sue if I called the wrong number or not but I called the number twice, once in the afternoon, and at abot 8pm his time, and the phone just rang. the second time a message came on, ...the patient you are calling.....

I did a lot of praying for him today. I am worried. I wish there was something more I could do too.
  • Hondo
    Options

Today
    This is the first time I was able to get on line today. Maybe because we had pouribg rain most of the day. I am not sue if I called the wrong number or not but I called the number twice, once in the afternoon, and at abot 8pm his time, and the phone just rang. the second time a message came on, ...the patient you are calling.....

I did a lot of praying for him today. I am worried. I wish there was something more I could do too.

Hi Sweet
    He is extremely weak and under a lot of pain meds, when I called I got the same thing just the phone ringing so I called the nurse station and had them check on him. She woke him up and moved the phone next to him so he could talk to me. I am very hard of hearing due to the radiation damage and he was speaking so low that at times I did not know if he went back to sleep on me. I am hoping that he will be doing a little better today, his new room number 23.

Sometimes I too wish I could do more, but then I know this is the reason why God extended my life a little longer just to pray for others and call them to say there is hope.

Take care and stay out of the rain… lol
  • Hondo
    Options
    Up-date on Mike 5-12-10

I just got off the phone with Mike and he is doing a little better today, the good new is that he is having bowel movement, yep after 2 months the plug is finally unplugged, he is still very weak and the only food he is getting is from the PEG tube. His voice was still a little weak but I was able to hear him very well.

Please continue to keep him in prayer
  • sweetblood22
    Options
    Hondo said:

Up-date on Mike 5-12-10

I just got off the phone with Mike and he is doing a little better today, the good new is that he is having bowel movement, yep after 2 months the plug is finally unplugged, he is still very weak and the only food he is getting is from the PEG tube. His voice was still a little weak but I was able to hear him very well.

Please continue to keep him in prayer

Mike
    Thank you so much, Hondo. I just talked to him for a while, and he sounded better than he did the other night, but he is still not good. I guess he said that the food he is on keeps cloging up the line. While I was on the phone it clogged again, and he told the nurse to just squeeze the bag.......I heard the bag explode.....

Well, I laughed. I doubt the nurse thought it was too funny.
  • stevenl
    stevenl Member Posts: 587
    Options

Mike
    Thank you so much, Hondo. I just talked to him for a while, and he sounded better than he did the other night, but he is still not good. I guess he said that the food he is on keeps cloging up the line. While I was on the phone it clogged again, and he told the nurse to just squeeze the bag.......I heard the bag explode.....

Well, I laughed. I doubt the nurse thought it was too funny.

I think he is going to make
    I think he is going to make it just because he has made through all this! No way this guy is leaving us or his family!

Best to ya Mike!
    Steve
  • Scambuster
    Scambuster Member Posts: 973
    Options
    stevenl said:

I think he is going to make
    I think he is going to make it just because he has made through all this! No way this guy is leaving us or his family!

Best to ya Mike!
    Steve

PLEASE PASS ON WISHES ...
    Thanks Hondo for your persistent care and contact with Mike. That is such good news he seems to have achance now to pull through. what a trial ! Please apss on my (our) best tp Mike from the folks in China.
    Scam
  • debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    Options

Hey Deb
    Good to see your post. Hope you are doing well. I owe him a call tomorrow too. I am sure he will be thrilled to hear from you. Anyone talk to him today?

you
    Hey, Sweet, how are you doing? I'm doing ok with just a few side effects still bothering me. Nothing to complain about tho considering what Mike has and is going thru. I hope all is going well for you and everyone here.
    Does anyone have an update on Mike? I tried the number I have for him but it wasn't his room.
    Take care and God Bless,
    Deb
  • Fire34
    Fire34 Member Posts: 365
    Options

PLEASE PASS ON WISHES ...
    Thanks Hondo for your persistent care and contact with Mike. That is such good news he seems to have achance now to pull through. what a trial ! Please apss on my (our) best tp Mike from the folks in China.
    Scam

Phone number?
    Hondo
    Since Mike has changed rooms does he have a new phone number? Thanks
    Dave
  • sweetblood22
    Options

you
    Hey, Sweet, how are you doing? I'm doing ok with just a few side effects still bothering me. Nothing to complain about tho considering what Mike has and is going thru. I hope all is going well for you and everyone here.
    Does anyone have an update on Mike? I tried the number I have for him but it wasn't his room.
    Take care and God Bless,
    Deb

debbiejeanne
    Glad you just have a few side effects, and are doing well with healing. I like to hear that. I told Mike I would call him tomorrow. I would call him more than I do, but I don't want to wear him out.

I went to the hospital today, for my check up with my RO. When he saw me he said, "WOW! Is it my imagination, am I dreaming, or do you look GOOD AGAIN??" I laughed and said, well I look better. Amazing what some hair dye and some highlights will do. All the nurses said they loved it as soon as they saw me. I layered up with as much clothing as I could get away with. Long jeans, 5" wedge silver heels, black and white sleeveless short dress, wide black belt, black cropped sweater, black flower pin, phone in pocket, and bright yellow bag. I was 101.5 when I stepped on the scale. hehe. I am 94 on my scale at home. I am bad, I know. He looked at my weight on the computer and was happy, it has been steadily going up since the last time I saw him. I am on the 3 month plan. He did his thing, and when he looked at my tongue and in my mouth, he said my tongue still looks awful, but is v e r y s l o w l y looking a little better. My mouth is so dry that the tongue depressor stuck to my tongue. :( He sent me for a routine chest xray. I am out of radiation a year tomorrow! I asked if he thought my tongue would ever be normal. He said he was still hoping, but probably not. I am going to try to step down to 25mcgs of Fentanyl. He said if I am in more pain than I am in now, then don't do it. He wants to make sure I can still eat and swallow. The last time I tried, my tongue hurt so bad, I could not drink again. And.....he said my speech sounded sooo much better. YAY! He said, "What did you do?" I told him I am trying like heck to retrain myself to sound like I used to. My tongue does not move like it used to. I am telling you, they fricasseed my poor tongue. I cannot even stick it out. I can't whistle any more, and I can't 'roll' my tongue, or even touch the sides of my teeth with it. It is really weird. So, he bumped me to 4months, unless I have a problem.

Well, I am going to try to eat some new things. I got some fresh udon noodles, and some miso soup to try. Or I may just be lazy and do my tiny tortilla wrap. I am beat from being out running around since noon.

Hope all is well with everyone.
  • Hondo
    Options
    Fire34 said:

Phone number?
    Hondo
    Since Mike has changed rooms does he have a new phone number? Thanks
    Dave

Hi Dave

Sorry I am getting old and forgetful his new number is 503-346-1076 the doctors are talking about letting him go home now that his bowels are moving. He is still very weak
  • Glenna M
    Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576
    Options
    Hondo said:

Hi Dave

Sorry I am getting old and forgetful his new number is 503-346-1076 the doctors are talking about letting him go home now that his bowels are moving. He is still very weak

Happy to hear...
    I'm so happy to hear that the doctors are thinking of letting Mike go home soon. He must finally be on the road to recovery. I just pray that they don't send him home too soon as I can imagine he must be very weak after all he has been through.

Please let Mike know that I say a special prayer for him every night. I also pray for everyone who has cancer on a daily basis.

Glenna
  • Fire34
    Fire34 Member Posts: 365
    Options
    Glenna M said:

Happy to hear...
    I'm so happy to hear that the doctors are thinking of letting Mike go home soon. He must finally be on the road to recovery. I just pray that they don't send him home too soon as I can imagine he must be very weak after all he has been through.

Please let Mike know that I say a special prayer for him every night. I also pray for everyone who has cancer on a daily basis.

Glenna

I agree Glenna
    I also hope that if he is discharged that there is some sort of home health care he can use. Here in Northern IL we have numerous organizations that provide that service most are affiliated with the local hospitals. My home care was covered by my insurance.

Hondo
    Is there anyway to get Mikes home address without invading his privacy. Been wanting to send a card flowers etc but dont know where to send them. If they were sent to the hospital do you think it wold be forwarded, if it got there after he was discharged?

Best Wishes & Prayers
    Dave