Chefdaddy New Up-date on Mike 5-30-10

Options

Comments

• fishingirl
    fishingirl Member Posts: 188
    Options
    Fire34 said:

Ditto Debbie
    Thanks a bunch Hondo for keeping us all up to date on Mike. I know that all Mike is going thru makes the troubles I had seem trivial. I hope & prayer that he can get over all these complications. Thanks again Hondo, let us know if there is anyway to get ahold of him ourselves. I understand the ex-wife problems etc. but just in case there is. Again tell him he has my Best Wishes & Prayers
    Dave

Mike
    Well Holy crow!! lol! I haven't been on the website much lately. Once in a while, I'll check in and see how everyone is doing. But has Mike EVER been through it!!! The poor man:( I am so happy that he is doing better, and will continue to get better. I did not realize untill now, how powerfull prayer is! I have always believed in God and his Son Jesus. But I suppose sometimes it takes a serious illness, or something major that happens in ones life that shakes you. God bless all of you! I too, will keep everyone in my prayers. And continued the best wishes for Mike and his children. Hang in there Mike!! :)

Cindy
  • Mike
    Well Holy crow!! lol! I haven't been on the website much lately. Once in a while, I'll check in and see how everyone is doing. But has Mike EVER been through it!!! The poor man:( I am so happy that he is doing better, and will continue to get better. I did not realize untill now, how powerfull prayer is! I have always believed in God and his Son Jesus. But I suppose sometimes it takes a serious illness, or something major that happens in ones life that shakes you. God bless all of you! I too, will keep everyone in my prayers. And continued the best wishes for Mike and his children. Hang in there Mike!! :)

Cindy

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    Options
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

Graci, I agree with you and
    Graci, I agree with you and thank God for sending me to this network. You're all AWESOME!
    God Bless,
    Debbie
  • debbiejeanne
    Options

Prayer
    Talked to him late last night again, and I wanted to post to let you guys know, but to tell you the truth I was having a bit of a problem processing this. I had to sit with it overnight. I did not sleep very well. We talked for sometime, I just wish I could do more than pray and call him.

Sweet, I really like the new
    Sweet, I really like the new pic, it makes it easier to see you. I hope you like this dress also....lol. :0)
    God Bless,
    Debbie
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone 5-26-10

Mike not doing so well tonight he is having problems all dy with low blood pressure, I could not talk to him for very long I will try again tomorrow and pray he is doing better. I did tell him to have his doctor check and see if the Carotid Sinus was damage with all the radiation treatment, it might be the cause of the low blood pressure problems.
  • staceya
    staceya Member Posts: 720
    Options
    Hondo said:

Hi Everyone 5-26-10

Mike not doing so well tonight he is having problems all dy with low blood pressure, I could not talk to him for very long I will try again tomorrow and pray he is doing better. I did tell him to have his doctor check and see if the Carotid Sinus was damage with all the radiation treatment, it might be the cause of the low blood pressure problems.

do you have an updated phone
    do you have an updated phone number for him?
    Thanks for all that you do for him and in turn, us.
    Stacey
  • Hondo
    Options
    staceya said:

do you have an updated phone
    do you have an updated phone number for him?
    Thanks for all that you do for him and in turn, us.
    Stacey

Hi Staceya

Because of the issue with the children I am not allowed to give it out at this time, Mike is reading most of the post just too weak to write back to anyone. He is doing better then he was in the hospital just having a lot of set-backs everyday and can’t seam to make headway for backing up.
  • Glenna M
    Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576
    Options
    Hondo said:

Hi Staceya

Because of the issue with the children I am not allowed to give it out at this time, Mike is reading most of the post just too weak to write back to anyone. He is doing better then he was in the hospital just having a lot of set-backs everyday and can’t seam to make headway for backing up.

Please let Mike know...
    Hondo, please let Mike know that I still pray daily for him and his children. Hopefully he will soon be strong enough to post again and he will continue to get stronger everyday.
  • Hondo
    Options
    Glenna M said:

Please let Mike know...
    Hondo, please let Mike know that I still pray daily for him and his children. Hopefully he will soon be strong enough to post again and he will continue to get stronger everyday.

Hi Glenna

Sure will let Mike know, he must be one hell of a strong guy, I just don’t think I could go through what he has been through and still be fighting. The power of prayer is amazing and his love for his children is strong, so between them both Mike continues to fight.

God bless you all
  • debbiejeanne
    Options
    Hondo said:

Hi Glenna

Sure will let Mike know, he must be one hell of a strong guy, I just don’t think I could go through what he has been through and still be fighting. The power of prayer is amazing and his love for his children is strong, so between them both Mike continues to fight.

God bless you all

Hondo, thank you again. I
    Hondo, thank you again. I too believe it is Mike's faith and his children that make him strong enuf to fight. Mike and his children are always in my prayers and I look forward to him posting sometime soon. God Bless Everyone.
    Debbie
  • denistd
    denistd Member Posts: 597
    Options

Hondo, thank you again. I
    Hondo, thank you again. I too believe it is Mike's faith and his children that make him strong enuf to fight. Mike and his children are always in my prayers and I look forward to him posting sometime soon. God Bless Everyone.
    Debbie

low blood pressure
    Low blood pressure is an after effect of treatment, can be caused by weight loss, anemia and several other causes. Does his pressure go down when he stands, that is of course if he is standing at any time. Denis
  • Fire34
    Fire34 Member Posts: 365
    Options
    denistd said:

low blood pressure
    Low blood pressure is an after effect of treatment, can be caused by weight loss, anemia and several other causes. Does his pressure go down when he stands, that is of course if he is standing at any time. Denis

Hondo ?
    Does Mike have any kind of home health to help him out with his feedings etc.? I know that sure helped me out when I first got home. If not he sure needs some sort of award to be able to take care of him and his kids at the same time. Almost wish I could make it out there myself. Give him my best wishes & Prayers
    Dave
  • Hondo
    Options
    Fire34 said:

Hondo ?
    Does Mike have any kind of home health to help him out with his feedings etc.? I know that sure helped me out when I first got home. If not he sure needs some sort of award to be able to take care of him and his kids at the same time. Almost wish I could make it out there myself. Give him my best wishes & Prayers
    Dave

Dave / Denis
    Hi Dave

Yes he has a nurse coming in to help; I am not too sure what exactly she is doing, but he is getting some limited help

Hi Denis
    His blood pressure goes down even while sitting, one of the bad side affects of radiation to the neck is damage to the Carotid Sinus I too have this same problem and bp can drop from 120/80 to 80/42 with in a second
  • denistd
    denistd Member Posts: 597
    Options
    Hondo said:

Dave / Denis
    Hi Dave

Yes he has a nurse coming in to help; I am not too sure what exactly she is doing, but he is getting some limited help

Hi Denis
    His blood pressure goes down even while sitting, one of the bad side affects of radiation to the neck is damage to the Carotid Sinus I too have this same problem and bp can drop from 120/80 to 80/42 with in a second

blood pressure
    When I first finished treatment my blood pressure would go from 110 over 70 down to 90 ove 59 and I would get dizzy, now the problem has gone away, with me it was anemia and weight loss
  • Hondo
    Options
    denistd said:

blood pressure
    When I first finished treatment my blood pressure would go from 110 over 70 down to 90 ove 59 and I would get dizzy, now the problem has gone away, with me it was anemia and weight loss

Hi Denistd

I know the feeling I have gained back some of my weight that I lost but still about 35lbs short of where I once was before all this began. My problem now is with the Carotid Sinus in the neck, I am 5 years passed my last treatment and only now having a lot of side affects, but also remember I was radiated twice with in 16 months for the same cancer. So no telling what else may come my way in the future.

All the best my frend
  • Pam M
    Pam M Member Posts: 2,196
    Options
    denistd said:

blood pressure

So THAT Might Be It
    Denis,
    I've been having "woozy spells". Thought at first maybe blood sugar levels might be to blame (not). I don't have a blood pressure monitor at home, but it makes sense that my bp could be to blame. I'm two months out of treatment - will double-check with my docs next month. I've also lost just over 60 lbs since October.
  • Scambuster
    Scambuster Member Posts: 973
    Options
    Pam M said:

So THAT Might Be It
    Denis,
    I've been having "woozy spells". Thought at first maybe blood sugar levels might be to blame (not). I don't have a blood pressure monitor at home, but it makes sense that my bp could be to blame. I'm two months out of treatment - will double-check with my docs next month. I've also lost just over 60 lbs since October.

Low Blood pressure - need to get down
    Just a reposted from earlier, for those with Low BP, if you feel any sign at all, woozy, dizzy etc - GET DOWN. That is, quickly get onto all fours, or sit down on the floor. If you do faint, you won't hurt yourself. A good GP friends advice who works with mainly older folks. The falls often cause worse problems than the low BP.
  • Pumakitty
    Pumakitty Member Posts: 652
    Options
    Pam M said:

So THAT Might Be It
    Denis,

Same Problem
    My dad was having dizzy spells for a while. Last week at chemo it was really bad. The nurse checked and his blood pressure was really low. They took him off his high blood pressue medicine and he is a different person.
  • Chefdaddy
    Chefdaddy Member Posts: 170
    Options
    Pumakitty said:

Same Problem
    My dad was having dizzy spells for a while. Last week at chemo it was really bad. The nurse checked and his blood pressure was really low. They took him off his high blood pressue medicine and he is a different person.

I truly love you all!
    Hello all my friends,

To all of you that called me at the hospital, thank you so very much for your concern, encouragement and prayers. You have no idea what talking to you did for me.

I especially want to thank my friend Hondo for starting this thread and being there for me and Sweetblood, who has also become a supportive good friend. It has been a very rough trip, many set-backs and several bad prognosis reports that I refused to accept. I am home now, my bowels began to work on their own without an enema for the first on Friday. My kids were over-joyed as I was in joyful tears over something that most people take for granted. I finally had a home visit by a nurse who was extremely knowledgeable and helped me get the food pump dialed in and how to properly use it when digestion is at a very minimum. Today I swallowed food for the first time in six months, I tried some instant oatmeal to see if I could tolerate swallowing. I'm now waiting to see if my intestines will process it properly.

I need to go back to my recliner, my BP is still very low, something like 98/51 sitting in the recliner. I'm hoping that the pump food and Gatorade for hydration will help.

My daughter is reconnecting my computer next to my recliner with a wireless keyboard she got me so that I don't have to get up to get on here.

Again, thank you all for your endless support for me and my children.

May God truly Bless you all.

Your friend

Mike
  • Glenna M
    Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576
    Options
    Chefdaddy said:

I truly love you all!
    Hello all my friends,

To all of you that called me at the hospital, thank you so very much for your concern, encouragement and prayers. You have no idea what talking to you did for me.

I especially want to thank my friend Hondo for starting this thread and being there for me and Sweetblood, who has also become a supportive good friend. It has been a very rough trip, many set-backs and several bad prognosis reports that I refused to accept. I am home now, my bowels began to work on their own without an enema for the first on Friday. My kids were over-joyed as I was in joyful tears over something that most people take for granted. I finally had a home visit by a nurse who was extremely knowledgeable and helped me get the food pump dialed in and how to properly use it when digestion is at a very minimum. Today I swallowed food for the first time in six months, I tried some instant oatmeal to see if I could tolerate swallowing. I'm now waiting to see if my intestines will process it properly.

I need to go back to my recliner, my BP is still very low, something like 98/51 sitting in the recliner. I'm hoping that the pump food and Gatorade for hydration will help.

My daughter is reconnecting my computer next to my recliner with a wireless keyboard she got me so that I don't have to get up to get on here.

Again, thank you all for your endless support for me and my children.

May God truly Bless you all.

Your friend

Mike

So glad your back ;-)
    Welcome back Mike!!! It really was wonderful that Hondo was keeping us updated with information about how you were doing but it is so nice to know you are home now and will be able to post again.

Your children must be in 7th heaven now that daddy is home with them again. I'm sure your daughter will be taking good care of you.

Rest and take good care of yourself, we certainly don't want you to have any relapses.

May God continue to bless you and your children.

Glenna