TJ's Challenge

Options

Comments

• Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    mimivac said:

Yeah, Joe
    As usual, you win the "aww" award. I would bug my husband to make such a comment, too, but it's his birthday today, so I will be nice! So, I just called my mom and she brought 3 of my senior highschool pictures to work and will scan them in for me. I should be able to post something this afternoon. Yikes!

Mimi

PS. And yes, more stories from all you lovely women. Love hearing them.

: X
    I am speechless! You are all beautiful and I love the stories! I am staying tuned for more, so, keep them coming!

Kristin ♥

p.s. This is for you Tj for coming up with this idea!

>-->---
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    OK, here it is
    The picture should come up now. I remember getting them done at the "in" photography studio in town. My poor parents had to pay a fortune b/c they didn't want me to be left out.

Mimi
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    mimivac said:

OK, here it is
    The picture should come up now. I remember getting them done at the "in" photography studio in town. My poor parents had to pay a fortune b/c they didn't want me to be left out.

Mimi

I let my hair grow after the senior picture was taken
    I wore my hair just like yours a year after I graduated! In fact this was the day I got married!
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

I wore my hair just like yours a year after I graduated! In fact this was the day I got married!

Twins?
    Marcia and Mimi look like twins! These pictures are just the best!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

Mimi,
    You haven't change

Mimi,

You haven't change much from your graduation. You barely look any older. My Denise is like that. She still looks very much like she did in high school. And isn't that a nice thing. But gosh, no fan in your hair. And aren't you glad? I think that was more popular a few years earlier. I think Denise was 8th and 9th grade when it was "at its peak". LOL

Marcia,
    That is another lovely picture of you. What a pretty girl. The only wedding pictures I have are of my first wedding. My 2nd wedding was small. Me, Dennis, Denise, Mom, StepDad and my sister. We didn't do pictures at all.

This is just so much fun.
    Stef
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    1961 HS Graduation from West
    1961 HS Graduation from West Geauga High School, Chesterland, Ohio, (age 18). The black dress and pearls were mine. I think we were able to choose what we wore, but I wanted the standard look. I dont remember if we had hairspray in 1961, if not it wasnt much longer before it came on the scene. Amazing how I went from brunette in 1961, to brunette with blond Hi-Lites, then to blonde thru the years, and then bald in 2009. LOL

I'm still 5"1 and a heck of alot fuller all Over!!
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    natly15 said:

1961 HS Graduation from West
    1961 HS Graduation from West Geauga High School, Chesterland, Ohio, (age 18). The black dress and pearls were mine. I think we were able to choose what we wore, but I wanted the standard look. I dont remember if we had hairspray in 1961, if not it wasnt much longer before it came on the scene. Amazing how I went from brunette in 1961, to brunette with blond Hi-Lites, then to blonde thru the years, and then bald in 2009. LOL

I'm still 5"1 and a heck of alot fuller all Over!!

Natly,
    Such a classic look

Natly,

Such a classic look and so pretty. I love the pose. Just the right toss to the head, so carefree and confident. Very lovely.
    Stef
  • Marcia527
    Options
    fauxma said:

Mimi,
    You haven't change

Mimi,

You haven't change much from your graduation. You barely look any older. My Denise is like that. She still looks very much like she did in high school. And isn't that a nice thing. But gosh, no fan in your hair. And aren't you glad? I think that was more popular a few years earlier. I think Denise was 8th and 9th grade when it was "at its peak". LOL

Marcia,
    That is another lovely picture of you. What a pretty girl. The only wedding pictures I have are of my first wedding. My 2nd wedding was small. Me, Dennis, Denise, Mom, StepDad and my sister. We didn't do pictures at all.

This is just so much fun.
    Stef

We were married by a JP
    We were married by a JP (only people there were two friends) and just had snapshots my mother-in-law took afterwards. I have about three like this one only smiling and that's it. The others aren't scanned in so I used this one.
  • natly15
    Options
    fauxma said:

Natly,
    Such a classic look

Natly,

Such a classic look and so pretty. I love the pose. Just the right toss to the head, so carefree and confident. Very lovely.
    Stef

Aawwh Gheez Stef tanks a
    Aawwh Gheez Stef tanks a hole bunchy wunchy. That tilt of the head was either staged by the photographer, or something I learned from reading a magazine. I dont even remember having the photo taken. I must have had chemo brain back in 1961.
  • Marcia527
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

This is my senior picture
    This is my senior picture but not leaving it up here long so look fast. We were able to wear what we wanted and go to any photographer. So here I was.

19 years old
    Ok, I put a picture up of me a year after graduation. I'll leave it up a little longer but soon I'll revert back to the old me. Much older me.
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    fauxma said:

Natly,
    Such a classic look

Natly,

Stef

Marcia and Natly
    Both of you are so beautiful. Marcia, you were married so young! Was he your highschool sweetheart?
  • Marcia527
    Options
    mimivac said:

Marcia and Natly
    Both of you are so beautiful. Marcia, you were married so young! Was he your highschool sweetheart?

I met him during my senior
    I met him during my senior year but I wouldn't exactly call us sweethearts. Dated off and on until we got engaged.
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Class of 1978 - better late than never!
    Here's my senior picture from Lawrence County High School, class of 1978. When I brought it for Joe to scan, he refused to believe it wasn't my college graduation picture! That better not be his way of telling me I look old...

Moopyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ♥
    You were a doll then, just like you are now! I hope Joe knows how lucky he is to have such a beauty, inside and out!

Love, Jeanne ♥
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

I met him during my senior
    I met him during my senior year but I wouldn't exactly call us sweethearts. Dated off and on until we got engaged.

♥ So many beauties on here ♥
    Cindy - That is a beautiful picture of you. Somehow it reminds me of the musical "Hair".

Mimi - You look so young and so cute! Glad your Mother sent you a picture.

Marcia - You look great! Nice that you are topside and not upside down. LOL

Natly - You look just as pretty now and that is a compliment! You haven't "aged" as they say.

I am enjoying this thread so much ladies! I hope everyone else is!

Love, Jeanne ♥
  • natly15
    Options

You are so right, Stef. The
    You are so right, Stef. The other thing I remember is wearing huge petticoats with yards and yards of net, with a colored border around the bottom. My job on Saturday was to mix up a large aluminum tub of starch water, soak the petticoat for about thirty minutes, and then run out to the clothes line and hang in right in the middle of the lines. Then you took clothes pins and stretched it out as far as you could around the bottom so that it would dry stiff and "large'. Then when you put it on the next morning for church, your dress hem would almost be even with your waiste, except four feet out. On days you went to school, you would catch a bus at 7:30 in the morning, and by the time you got to school, the starch had sweated off of the petticoat, and stuck to your legs. Oh, those were the days. Today's generation really doesn't know what it is like to live like that, but those of us who lived through those days have lots of funny memories. However, at the time, that was normal....and life was simple. Hugs,

Judy

Judy I wore the net
    Judy I wore the net petticoats in the 50's and felt like I was a movie star with all the ruffles, however the net always scratched my legs and those petticoats were not comfortable but they looked so pretty and feminine.
  • natly15
    Options
    fauxma said:

I don't have any that I know
    I don't have any that I know of either. I think because we were beyond having our photos taken. We were real, of the earth, not vain silly creatures. We were out living life large and taking a camera along just wasn't a part of that time. But everyone else was photographing us. We were a phenomenom. I remember being in the Haight and having tourist ask to pose with us. Yeah, for a buck.
    Stef

Oh Stef I remember seeing
    Oh Stef I remember seeing you in psychedelic clothing holding a flower. I was that girl on the tour bus taking in all that hippie action. ;0
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    natly15 said:

Judy I wore the net
    Judy I wore the net petticoats in the 50's and felt like I was a movie star with all the ruffles, however the net always scratched my legs and those petticoats were not comfortable but they looked so pretty and feminine.

You guys do look like movie
    You guys do look like movie stars, you really do! Petticoats?

Hugs, Diane ♥
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    Jeanne D said:

♥ So many beauties on here ♥
    Cindy - That is a beautiful picture of you. Somehow it reminds me of the musical "Hair".

Mimi - You look so young and so cute! Glad your Mother sent you a picture.

Marcia - You look great! Nice that you are topside and not upside down. LOL

Natly - You look just as pretty now and that is a compliment! You haven't "aged" as they say.

I am enjoying this thread so much ladies! I hope everyone else is!

Love, Jeanne ♥

T Y!
    Thanks Stef and Tj for getting this thread going! Obviously everyone is loving it!

Sue :)
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    Jeanne D said:

LOL
    LOL Ritzy! I am sure she was as you are very beautiful! But, can you slow that tail down some?

Wow Jeanne! You do look
    Wow Jeanne! You do look like her!

Lex♥
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    fauxma said:

At our school we all wore
    At our school we all wore the same gown and the pearls for the pictures. The pictures were done just when school began at a local photography studio. They had the fake black gown (it's a top only) and the pearls. At least they didn't make us wear the mortar boards. I like that students now can go to any studio or submit their own photo and it reflects them. Seniors at the school I worked at would do band pictures if they were in the band, or the sport they were involved in, theater, etc or just a favorite picture. There were guidelines but it was pretty open. It really is a better representation of their school years. Our pictures all tended to look alike. Very formal but it wasn't us. I had a good friend that if you glanced at our pictures you couldn't tell who was who. But that was the time, very "lemmings to the sea". So I will represent us both. Of course, you are 50 feet tall and I was and am only 5 feet but that's okay.
    Stef

Stef, you look so pretty and
    Stef, you look so pretty and have such a beautiful smile! Love the pearls too..LOL

Lex♥