TJ's Challenge

Options

Comments

• Calleen
    Calleen Member Posts: 411
    Options
    Jeanne D said:

WOW!
    Calleen, you are beautiful! Is that feathers around your bod? WOOHOO! That isn't your stripping days picture it it? Ok, joking!

Love, Jeanne ♥

hahaha
    Thanks.. I think??? yes it's feathers.. us girls had choices of different colored feather things.. and back then I weighed about 90lbs!! My brothers used to make fun of me and say.. "If you stand sidways and stick out your tounge you look like a zipper" Or "you better wear flippers in the shower or you'll go down the drain"
  • tjhay
    tjhay Member Posts: 655
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Class of 1978 - better late than never!
    Here's my senior picture from Lawrence County High School, class of 1978. When I brought it for Joe to scan, he refused to believe it wasn't my college graduation picture! That better not be his way of telling me I look old...

OH MY
    Class of 78 here also!!!!! Chamberlin High Tampa Fl, Go Cheifs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    Calleen said:

hahaha
    Thanks.. I think??? yes it's feathers.. us girls had choices of different colored feather things.. and back then I weighed about 90lbs!! My brothers used to make fun of me and say.. "If you stand sidways and stick out your tounge you look like a zipper" Or "you better wear flippers in the shower or you'll go down the drain"

Yes Calleen ♥
    It is a compliment. You look stunning and beautiful! I think those feathers are really cool. We never had those. We wore whatever we wanted to. LOL @ your brothers! Typical brothers! Gotta love them!

I had trouble finding these past few remarks and then realized that they were on page 2. LOL I don't think that has ever happened before!

Love, Jeanne ♥
  • Jeanne D
    Options
    Calleen said:

hahaha

OOPS
    Double post..sorry :(
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    Ritzy said:

Hey Moopy! Stef explained
    Hey Moopy! Stef explained the beehive to me as well as other various hairstyles.

Have you heard of the artichoke? lol She had that one too.

Sue :)

Ritzy, Artichoke style?
    Oh, good, glad Stef explained. Sorry, Ritzy. I just know what one looks like when I see it. Artichoke? That was a hairstyle? Now I gotta go ask Stef to post her artichoke picture!
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options

Okay, this really dates
    Okay, this really dates me....guess I am the oldest one on the board. My 1962 graduation picture was so "60's", and was just like everyone else in the class. All were draped in the same blue netting, and all had the same hairstyle. Guess we were a generation of copy cats. What memories. (Just remember this was the age before hairspray, so in the south, you slept in rollers, and then hurried to school as fast as you could before your hair drooped. What a hoot.) Hugs. Judy

Aw, you changed your picture
    Aw, you changed your picture creampuff :(

I liked your movie star picture.

Megan
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    Calleen said:

I'm finally
    joining this challange.. class of 1978... since this is such a long topic I havent had time to read all of the posts!!! But how fun to see how we looked back in the day before life really took over!!

I have been reading this
    I have been reading this thread I think daily since it was started. I still haven't gotten my senior picture scanned and by the time I do it will be time to change. I must say that I am enjoying looking at everyone else though. We really do have a very large group of beautiful people!!
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Ritzy, Artichoke style?
    Oh, good, glad Stef explained. Sorry, Ritzy. I just know what one looks like when I see it. Artichoke? That was a hairstyle? Now I gotta go ask Stef to post her artichoke picture!

Okay Moopy I have no
    Okay Moopy I have no pictures of the artichoke. Remember we didn't have all these great cameras back then. Just a brownie and developing film was expensive so not a lot of pictures. But let's see if I can describe it. It was short and layered. Instead of a part on either side, it was combed out from the top near the back (think bangs that go forward) It was teased, backcombed so that it looked like, you guessed it, an artichoke. Not a very good explanation. I'll see if I can google something. It actually was a cute hair style.
    Stef
  • Jeanne D
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

I had a mustang fastback.

I had a mustang fastback.

Varoommmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Maybe if my Dad would have gotten me the mustang fastback like I wanted, I wouldn't have had so many wrecks. LOL Well, on second thought, I probably still would have had them. LOL What color was yours Marcia? Green? Like the one in Bullit?</♥</font>
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    Jeanne D said:

Varoommmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Maybe if my Dad would have gotten me the mustang fastback like I wanted, I wouldn't have had so many wrecks. LOL Well, on second thought, I probably still would have had them. LOL What color was yours Marcia? Green? Like the one in Bullit?</♥</font>

No, it was a royal blue. I
    No, it was a royal blue. I have pictures but not scanned in. I think it was a 1968. Maybe a 1969, I don't remember.
  • Jeanne D
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

No, it was a royal blue. I
    No, it was a royal blue. I have pictures but not scanned in. I think it was a 1968. Maybe a 1969, I don't remember.

Sweet!
    Those were the best years for those Marcia. I can't wait to see a picture of it. Was it a 4 speed? They were "hot" looking cars! As you can tell, I am into cars, especially the muscle and cool cars back then. lol

Love, Jeanne ♥</♥</font>
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    Jeanne D said:

Sweet!
    Those were the best years for those Marcia. I can't wait to see a picture of it. Was it a 4 speed? They were "hot" looking cars! As you can tell, I am into cars, especially the muscle and cool cars back then. lol

Love, Jeanne ♥</♥</font>

I think it was a 3 speed.
    I think it was a 3 speed. But it's been a long time so I could be wrong.
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    mimivac said:

Loving these stories!
    Man, I can't believe all the time and effort it took to get ready for a date! No wonder women went to the beauty parlor so much more often in those days. LOL. I guess the reaction to this was the hippie movement, for which the reaction was the buttoned down 1980's, for which the reaction was the slobby 1990's. Remember the grunge look? I never knew how a piece of clothing should properly fit until adulthood. And, oh my, the Playboy club sounds fascinating indeed.

So, I NEVER dated until my last year of college. I was from one of those conservative families and my mom actually told me that I would date a guy after I got engaged to him! I could never figure out how I was supposed to get engaged without dating, but that's how my parents did it, so that's what they expected of me. Well, did they ever get an education. LOL. After I moved out of the house, I went ahead and did exactly what I wanted, including living with Simon for 2 years before we got married.

So how about more dating stories?! Here is one about my very first boyfriend. I was 21 and he was 29 or 30. He admitted that the only reason he had asked me out was because of how my breasts looked in a particular tight turtleneck that was popular in those days. Ugh. And I was actually pleased. What an idiot I was. LOL.

Mimi

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, now we get
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, now we get the dating stories! I can't wait to read more! LOL

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    fauxma said:

Okay Moopy I have no
    Okay Moopy I have no pictures of the artichoke. Remember we didn't have all these great cameras back then. Just a brownie and developing film was expensive so not a lot of pictures. But let's see if I can describe it. It was short and layered. Instead of a part on either side, it was combed out from the top near the back (think bangs that go forward) It was teased, backcombed so that it looked like, you guessed it, an artichoke. Not a very good explanation. I'll see if I can google something. It actually was a cute hair style.
    Stef

Cute Artichoke
    Thanks, Stef. And I am sure you looked cute. I'll ask my big sister, too. You and Ritzy have me curious now!
  • Jeanne D
    Options
    susie09 said:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, now we get
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, now we get the dating stories! I can't wait to read more! LOL

♠♣ Susie ♠♣

Do you remember?
    the Saturday Night Fever - Staying Alive look? I had some of those wrap around skirts with the skin tight top to match. Oh my! LOL I thought that they were really cool until a big wind would come up and blow it open.

Or, the Flash Dance look with the sweatshirt? I cut a lot of the necks out of my sweatshirts and sweaters to look like her. They would just kind of fall off of our shoulder then...oh yea..so sexy we were. LOL

Love, Jeanne ♥</♥</font>
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Jeanne D said:

Do you remember?
    the Saturday Night Fever - Staying Alive look? I had some of those wrap around skirts with the skin tight top to match. Oh my! LOL I thought that they were really cool until a big wind would come up and blow it open.

Or, the Flash Dance look with the sweatshirt? I cut a lot of the necks out of my sweatshirts and sweaters to look like her. They would just kind of fall off of our shoulder then...oh yea..so sexy we were. LOL

Love, Jeanne ♥</♥</font>

no scanner here either. You
    no scanner here either. You all look georgeous. Moopy I;m with you 1978
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Cute Artichoke
    Thanks, Stef. And I am sure you looked cute. I'll ask my big sister, too. You and Ritzy have me curious now!

Where did all of these names
    Where did all of these names come from for those hair styles? Artichoke? Beehive? How many more were there?

Hugs, Leeza
  • susie09
    Options
    carkris said:

no scanner here either. You
    no scanner here either. You all look georgeous. Moopy I;m with you 1978

I read these every time I
    I read these every time I log into the site. I love this thread! Wonder what Tj has in mind next.

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

Ok I'll tell you my hair
    Ok I'll tell you my hair raising story. I had a sister in high school and I was in junior high or 6 - 8th grade anyway. There was a fad syle in the high school and she came home and said she'd do my hair that way. You put your hair into a ponytail and put it through a bun and wrap part of it around the bun but leave some loose so it's a bun and a ponytail. I wore it to school and no one said anything about it. Some time later (days) another girl showed up with her hair done the same way. She either liked it or had an older sister too.

I used to put my hair like
    I used to put my hair like in a ponytail on the side. I always thought it looked cute! lol

Sue :)
  • susie09
    Options
    Kat11 said:

welcome back to the 70's
    Not a very clear pic. Don't know why its like this. How do I make it larger ?

I like your new pic Kathy!
    I like your new pic Kathy! You look great!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣