Options
1235»

Comments

• Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    cristinec said:

Thnak you Diane
    I'm scared because there is so much cancer we live with. I live everyday with my Bc, surgery, Tamoxifen and now more surgery. When will all the sickness end for everyone.

Cristinec
    Please don't be scared. You are a true warrior for doing all that you can to fight bc. Don't let bc rob you of living your life. It is like someone wrote on here...

You have cancer...cancer does not have you!

Hope you feel more positive with each day!

Sue :)
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    Ritzy said:

Cristinec
    Please don't be scared. You are a true warrior for doing all that you can to fight bc. Don't let bc rob you of living your life. It is like someone wrote on here...

You have cancer...cancer does not have you!

Hope you feel more positive with each day!

Sue :)

I am much better. Reading
    I am much better. Reading what everyone posted made me feel less afraid and like, maybe, someday, I can put bc behind me and not think of it constantly. I am living my life, but, a bc recurrence still keeps sneaking in my mind too much. It seems like I have read of so many on here that it is hard to not think of it.

♥ Kylez ♥
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Kylez said:

I am much better. Reading
    I am much better. Reading what everyone posted made me feel less afraid and like, maybe, someday, I can put bc behind me and not think of it constantly. I am living my life, but, a bc recurrence still keeps sneaking in my mind too much. It seems like I have read of so many on here that it is hard to not think of it.

♥ Kylez ♥

I know it feels like lots of people have recurrences
    especially when you read sites like this. But remember, people usually only post when they are in treatment or have had a recurrence. There are exceptions, but people who haven't had a recurrence do not generally come on after 20 years and say "hi, I am not going through a recurrence." Glad you're feeling better.

Mimi
  • Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    Options
    mimivac said:

especially when you read sites like this. But remember, people usually only post when they are in treatment or have had a recurrence. There are exceptions, but people who haven't had a recurrence do not generally come on after 20 years and say "hi, I am not going through a recurrence." Glad you're feeling better.

Mimi

bump
    for lizzie17

you're not alone!
  • TxLady
    TxLady Member Posts: 37
    Options
    mimivac said:

Mimi

Maybe that'w what we should
    Maybe that'w what we should all request - a confirmation on this site for each year of nonrecurrence. That way, those of us in current treatment can see the number of survivors, which I would bet is a lot larger than those that have to "go to war" again.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

bump
    for lizzie17

you're not alone!

Thanks Dawne for bumping
    Thanks Dawne for bumping this. It is good for all of us to know that we aren't alone.

HUGS
  • sweetvickid
    sweetvickid Member Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Just starting out
    Just diagnosed and start chemo next week and of course I bounce from positive attitude to scared shitless. My Mantra for those times is, 'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.' I say it over and over until I feel better. : ) I don't think this is the will of God but the devil trying to undo my faith. The will of God is all the positives I find on this journey.
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    Eil4186 said:

I know how you feel. I have
    I know how you feel. I have a good prognosis and in April it will be 4 years since my diagnosis but yet I still struggle with the fear of a recurrence. I think that time does help, but for some of us the fear never goes away. I think we have to kind of try to put it in the back of our minds and not focus on it. It's hard though. I do find that time helps. Until recently I really was preoccupied with breast cancer. I started seeing a psychologist and taking an antidepressant. These things are helping quite a bit. Hang in there. I wish you strength and peace.

I think being scared goes
    I think being scared goes hand in hand with a diagnosis of bc. I don't think we can escape it. We just have to try and not let it ruin or run our lives.

Leeza
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

Just starting out
    Just diagnosed and start chemo next week and of course I bounce from positive attitude to scared shitless. My Mantra for those times is, 'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.' I say it over and over until I feel better. : ) I don't think this is the will of God but the devil trying to undo my faith. The will of God is all the positives I find on this journey.

Hi Vicki! Just saying
    Hi Vicki! Just saying welcome and good luck. I bounce from still being scared to maybe for a second forgetting about bc. But, it is hard to not be scared. I think that maybe when we are years out of treatment, it will get easier. It seems to for the ones on here that have been done for years. Good luck!

♥ Kylez ♥