It's Going To Be Long, Fret-Filled Weekend...keep me in your thoughts please!

Options
1235»

Comments

• taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    Almost there...
    Dearest Claudia... I just wanted you to know that I was thinking about you this morning... hoping that the weekend is filled with activities that will keep you busy, and your spirits lifted... and for you...

I make a wish upon a star.... I threw a penny in a well...
    I wrote a letter to ole' St. Nick friend, a man we know so well..
    Saying all I want for you my friend, even said it in a prayer...
    healing blessings, peace of mind, and only good news to share!

Okay.. it's a song I'm working on...still needs some fine tuning.. but that is the chorus... and it's the truth... and when it's finished I will post it.. probably on my expressions page.

Keeping you in my thoughts kindred spirit... after all ... when I grow up... I want to be like you!

Hugs

~T
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

Alright Jojo, are you
    Alright Jojo, are you channeling my wannabe past??? Haley Mills~ the person I always wanted to be! I always saw myself as Pollyanna, if truth be told! But the Angels movie will do, as well! Wasn't Rosalin Russell in that too? ( I know I just spelled her name incorrectly, I have typed it 5 different ways, and NONE of them looks right!) And I am too lazy to Google it, so there! :-)

Thanks for the elbow, but just the same, let's keep that post a secret, ok? LOL LOL

Tomorrow is Monday...yay and yikes! That makes it almost Tuesday...WWPD? What Would Pollyanna Do?????

Hugs,
    Claudia

Those were two of my
    Those were two of my favorite movies. A silent d at the end of Rosalind. Go figure. I have so many of those moments now. I either type the wrong word totally or can't spell. I hope the next few days fly by. I like the WWPD. I am something of a Pollyanna. I think you are too. She didn't go into denial but when faced with adversity and things went wrong she tried to find something positive about it. I think that with almost every situation there is something to be learned or gained. Not just for us but for those around us. And yes, you are just a bit of Haley in Trouble with Angels. My grandfather used to use the phrase A
    Little Minx when I would get into mischief. I didn't understand it then, I do now. There are several Little Minxes on this board and I adore them all. They put the spark in life.
    And remember Spit Happens.
    Stef
  • faithandprayer
    faithandprayer Member Posts: 177
    Options
    Almost Here
    Claudia,
    Tomorrow is almost here! Will have you in my thoughts!
    Glad you had the beautiful ceremony this weekend to keep your mind busy and strong.

Prayers,
    KC
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options

Almost Here
    Claudia,
    Tomorrow is almost here! Will have you in my thoughts!
    Glad you had the beautiful ceremony this weekend to keep your mind busy and strong.

Prayers,
    KC

Fingers and toes are crossed for good luck...
    Hopes, positive vibes, etc. ...

All being sent your way for tomorrow, dear Kindred Spirit.

Kind regards, 12/25
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    chenheart said:

Alright Jojo, are you
    Alright Jojo, are you channeling my wannabe past??? Haley Mills~ the person I always wanted to be! I always saw myself as Pollyanna, if truth be told! But the Angels movie will do, as well! Wasn't Rosalin Russell in that too? ( I know I just spelled her name incorrectly, I have typed it 5 different ways, and NONE of them looks right!) And I am too lazy to Google it, so there! :-)

Thanks for the elbow, but just the same, let's keep that post a secret, ok? LOL LOL

Tomorrow is Monday...yay and yikes! That makes it almost Tuesday...WWPD? What Would Pollyanna Do?????

Hugs,
    Claudia

Claudia
    here's hoping,my friend,that all goes right on Tuesday!I'm praying for that at least!
    Love,
    Patty
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options

Fingers and toes are crossed for good luck...
    Hopes, positive vibes, etc. ...

All being sent your way for tomorrow, dear Kindred Spirit.

Kind regards, 12/25

Surrounding you with Angels
    Our prayers are surrounding you through the water and to the sky, Dear Chen, you remain in my prayers. You and your sweet Reggie enjoy your super (of celebration) tomorrow night, we will be waiting for your good news and praying until we get it.
    love, jackie
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    rjjj said:

Surrounding you with Angels
    Our prayers are surrounding you through the water and to the sky, Dear Chen, you remain in my prayers. You and your sweet Reggie enjoy your super (of celebration) tomorrow night, we will be waiting for your good news and praying until we get it.
    love, jackie

To all of you who care so much....
    I got a catalog of gifts today, and one was a pretty little plaque with the inscription
    "it is what it is"; appropriate, don't you think ?? Tomorrow is coming much too soon and not soon enough. I am concerned about my appointment being at 4PM~ if I need an MRI or an ultrasound, can I get one after 5PM? See the things I worry about needlessly? I guess that I just want to know SOMETHING by tomorrow evening,and not be put in a seemingly endless holding pattern.

You all have no idea how much your posts mean to me~ but I also hope you have an idea of how much you are appreciated and loved. By both Reggie and me. Thank you sooo much!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • faithandprayer
    faithandprayer Member Posts: 177
    Options
    chenheart said:

I got a catalog of gifts today, and one was a pretty little plaque with the inscription
    "it is what it is"; appropriate, don't you think ?? Tomorrow is coming much too soon and not soon enough. I am concerned about my appointment being at 4PM~ if I need an MRI or an ultrasound, can I get one after 5PM? See the things I worry about needlessly? I guess that I just want to know SOMETHING by tomorrow evening,and not be put in a seemingly endless holding pattern.

You all have no idea how much your posts mean to me~ but I also hope you have an idea of how much you are appreciated and loved. By both Reggie and me. Thank you sooo much!

Hugs,
    Claudia

Claudia,
    I'm not certain

Claudia,
    I'm not certain about the Ultrasound/MRI question - locally, I don't believe I could get one (neighborhood hospital) but the big hospital I go to seems to accommodate around the clock (slight exaggeration factor, there). I think it probably depends on the size of your hospital.

I would guess IF you would need one (and that's a big IF), you might take the lead of one of our greats - RE - and let them know what you are expecting. You are such an advocate for everyone else, be sure to take care of you. If that's tough for you, then delegate to Reggie!!!

I am sending the best of wishes that you'll be somewhere cozy for drinks by 5:00!
    KC
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

Hugs,
    Claudia

You will be in my thoughts
    You will be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow. Isn't it such a contradiction of feelings in the too soon, not soon enough time thing? Like the I want to know, no I don't mode. But whatever it is, you will face it like you do everything, head on, head up, and full speed ahead. But I am praying for the big nothing anyway.
    Stef
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    fauxma said:

You will be in my thoughts
    You will be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow. Isn't it such a contradiction of feelings in the too soon, not soon enough time thing? Like the I want to know, no I don't mode. But whatever it is, you will face it like you do everything, head on, head up, and full speed ahead. But I am praying for the big nothing anyway.
    Stef

To: Kindred Spirit, on Tuesday...
    Today's the long-awaited day. I am thinking of you, visualizing a 50-ft. Woman wearing PINK earrings lovingly hand made by our dear RE. Those earrings will most certainly be your talisman for good luck. No, the BEST of luck. (Good simply isn't good enough for you, Claudia.)

Kind regards, 12/25
  • Reikigemgirl
    Reikigemgirl Member Posts: 278
    Options
    Good Luck today....
    If it funny that you said Reggie is Native American and has long hair because my boyfriend is Hawaiian and American Indian and has long hair too. He said that he would cut it off and we could have a natural hair wig made for me and I was so touched. But I told him the synthetic ones are so nice now and you don't have to fuss with them so to keep his precious hair. How lucky you are to have a man who made such a nice offer Claudia.

Back to your appt. I can understand your concern but hopefully it isn't what you fear. My thoughts and prayers are with you today.

Love and Light,
    Vicki
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options

To: Kindred Spirit, on Tuesday...
    Today's the long-awaited day. I am thinking of you, visualizing a 50-ft. Woman wearing PINK earrings lovingly hand made by our dear RE. Those earrings will most certainly be your talisman for good luck. No, the BEST of luck. (Good simply isn't good enough for you, Claudia.)

Kind regards, 12/25

Best of Luck is Right
    Dear Claudia, Christmas Girl is right, as she usually is. Aortus and I are thinking of you and your Reggie this afternoon, sending you both our best, always, and especially today.
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Options

My diagnosis...
    I went to a few doctor's who didn't know what it was. Said "Oh, that's normal. It will go away on it's own." So I let it go, especially since the MRI came back negative and there is no history of breast cancer in my family. I was having back problems. It got to the point that I was barely able to walk. I was really confused because I was in very good shape! When I got married my husband took me into see his doctor (who is a female) and she said "No, that is NOT normal!" and rushed me through a lot of tests, scans, and blood work. I was also very anemic which for some reason my doctor couldn't figure out why! The mammogram came back showing nothing, the breast ultra sound came back showing nothing, the breast x-ray gave them pause and sent me to have a bone scan. That's when they found it. The cancer had eaten away at my bones so badly that the doctors were amazed that I was still walking! Then a biopsy confirmed that it was IBC. It was quite a shocker and it's taken me a year to get used to the idea that I'm going to be living with cancer for the rest of my life. I am very grateful for this web site! Thank you so much for being so welcoming! I'm sure everything will turn out to be just fine, but I have learned that sometimes the doctors don't know everything and you have to get pushy. After all, who knows your body better than you?

Best wishes,
    Sherry

My Heart Aches for You
    My heart aches to hear your story. How are you getting around since the cancer got to your bones? Are you in pain? I am glad that you found this site and we are all hear for you. I shall add you to my prayer list. I think St. Jude is running low on candles right about now with my submissions. :)

Take care.

P
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options

Good Luck today....
    If it funny that you said Reggie is Native American and has long hair because my boyfriend is Hawaiian and American Indian and has long hair too. He said that he would cut it off and we could have a natural hair wig made for me and I was so touched. But I told him the synthetic ones are so nice now and you don't have to fuss with them so to keep his precious hair. How lucky you are to have a man who made such a nice offer Claudia.

Back to your appt. I can understand your concern but hopefully it isn't what you fear. My thoughts and prayers are with you today.

Love and Light,
    Vicki

Claudia
    Claudia,
    I know you appt was at 4pm--sorry that was your time not my time so you are probably still having cocktails and dinner with Reggie--what a dear he is.

How did your appointment go this afternoon? I am leaving my house around 1pm tomorrow until 10am Saturday -- which will be your time 10am tomorrow til 7am Saturday and would like to know before I leave.

I am thinking of you>

Hugs,
    Margo