It's Going To Be Long, Fret-Filled Weekend...keep me in your thoughts please!

Options

Comments

• Sherry_Ranuio
    Sherry_Ranuio Member Posts: 28
    Options
    New to the group.
    I'm new to the group and have been reading what everyone here has written to you. You are in so many people's loving thoughts and prayers I know good things will happen for you. I was diagnosed a year ago with IBC (Inflamatory Breast Cancer). I'm not sure what your history is, but I have to tell you that my breast was swollen, hot, discolored, hard to the touch, and very painful. I had a breast MRI done and it came back negative. The doctors didn't know what it was. To make a long story short, IBC is a rare and aggressive form of breast cancer and should not be ruled out. Most of the time it gives a false negative, even with a biopsy! This is just an FYI and I will be praying for you. I very much hope that your husband will not have to shave his head!

Wishing you all the best life has to offer!
    Sherry
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options

New to the group.
    I'm new to the group and have been reading what everyone here has written to you. You are in so many people's loving thoughts and prayers I know good things will happen for you. I was diagnosed a year ago with IBC (Inflamatory Breast Cancer). I'm not sure what your history is, but I have to tell you that my breast was swollen, hot, discolored, hard to the touch, and very painful. I had a breast MRI done and it came back negative. The doctors didn't know what it was. To make a long story short, IBC is a rare and aggressive form of breast cancer and should not be ruled out. Most of the time it gives a false negative, even with a biopsy! This is just an FYI and I will be praying for you. I very much hope that your husband will not have to shave his head!

Sherry

Thank you so much for your
    Thank you so much for your insightful comments~ if things come back negative ( or perhaps even before, when I see my surgeon) I will ask her about IBC~ even though that was not my original cancer diagnosis. I truly appreciate your giving me a heads-up; may I ask, with the Drs not knowing what it was, and your MRI coming back negative, just how you were eventually diagnosed?? Just in case I have to "get tough" with my medical team!

Thanks again, Sherry! And welcome to the Family~as you have seen, we are quite an amazing group!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options

New to the group.

Sherry

Sherry, I just read your
    Sherry, I just read your posting. Thanks for sharing this. I didn't know this, but, will now keep it in my mind just incase.

I hope you are doing well now.

Please post again and Welcome!

Diane
  • aurora2009
    aurora2009 Member Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

Thank you so much for your insightful comments~ if things come back negative ( or perhaps even before, when I see my surgeon) I will ask her about IBC~ even though that was not my original cancer diagnosis. I truly appreciate your giving me a heads-up; may I ask, with the Drs not knowing what it was, and your MRI coming back negative, just how you were eventually diagnosed?? Just in case I have to "get tough" with my medical team!

Thanks again, Sherry! And welcome to the Family~as you have seen, we are quite an amazing group!

Hugs,
    Claudia

As usual I'm so late in reading you're post.
    Claudia, I just wanted you to know that I'm so sorry that you're going through this scare. Ever since the first day I joined this group, you're postive messages of hope mixed with humor have been what I've looked forward too. You'll always have a place in my heart, you are not only a surviver, but also a fighter and I'm sure that whatever comes your way, you'll get through. As you can see you are much loved by everyone her, including me, for you're couragous spirt. Reggie is indeed a lucky man!

Much love and prayers coming your way for Tuesday!

Aurora
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options

New to the group.

Sherry

Welcome, Sherry
    We're all here to support and encourage each other.
  • EveningStar2
    EveningStar2 Member Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

Just so you know, with my
    Just so you know, with my appointment at 3:45, that of course means I won't see the sureon before 4. AND , my sweet Reggie and I have decided, no matter what the surgeon says, he and I are going out for cocktails and dinner that night~ either way we will "need it"!!! So, I will try and post Tuesday night,,,and at the very latest, EARLY Wednesday.

Hugs,
    Claudia

Positive energy

Just wanted to add my energy to the rest being sent to you. One of the things I love about this board is that everyone always supports each other. Not necessarily agrees, but supports. Which is so important when life goes awry. I haven't been around much since I finished treatment with moving and going back to work but I try to check in from time to time.

Maureen
  • chenheart
    Options

Positive energy

Just wanted to add my energy to the rest being sent to you. One of the things I love about this board is that everyone always supports each other. Not necessarily agrees, but supports. Which is so important when life goes awry. I haven't been around much since I finished treatment with moving and going back to work but I try to check in from time to time.

Maureen

Maureen~
    Thanks for checking

Maureen~
    Thanks for checking in; I agree~ the support in here is unsurpassed. Your positive energy is a great addition!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options

New to the group.

Sherry

Hi Sherry
    Just want to welcome you, what a beautiful picture. Is that you and your husband? Please keep posting , I wish you the best.
    Hugs, jackie
  • jojo elizapest
    jojo elizapest Member Posts: 122
    Options
    Claudia...good thoughts
    Claudia...good thoughts coming your way from Wisconsin...as many others have noted you ROCK!!

By the way, thanks for the advice...my hubby and I had a good conversation about spit the other day.
  • faithandprayer
    faithandprayer Member Posts: 177
    Options
    Prayers
    Claudia,
    A Pillar among Pillars, you will continue to be in my prayers.

Already 2 days through - only a couple to go.
    I'm sure Reggie is keeping you busy...how wonderful of him to offer his solidarity.

Hoping it's HAPPY HOUR cocktails on Tuesday night.
    Many Prayers,
    KC
  • Sherry_Ranuio
    Sherry_Ranuio Member Posts: 28
    Options
    chenheart said:

Hugs,
    Claudia

My diagnosis...
    I went to a few doctor's who didn't know what it was. Said "Oh, that's normal. It will go away on it's own." So I let it go, especially since the MRI came back negative and there is no history of breast cancer in my family. I was having back problems. It got to the point that I was barely able to walk. I was really confused because I was in very good shape! When I got married my husband took me into see his doctor (who is a female) and she said "No, that is NOT normal!" and rushed me through a lot of tests, scans, and blood work. I was also very anemic which for some reason my doctor couldn't figure out why! The mammogram came back showing nothing, the breast ultra sound came back showing nothing, the breast x-ray gave them pause and sent me to have a bone scan. That's when they found it. The cancer had eaten away at my bones so badly that the doctors were amazed that I was still walking! Then a biopsy confirmed that it was IBC. It was quite a shocker and it's taken me a year to get used to the idea that I'm going to be living with cancer for the rest of my life. I am very grateful for this web site! Thank you so much for being so welcoming! I'm sure everything will turn out to be just fine, but I have learned that sometimes the doctors don't know everything and you have to get pushy. After all, who knows your body better than you?

Best wishes,
    Sherry
  • woodsygal
    woodsygal Member Posts: 64
    Options
    I am here for you!!
    Oh Claudia,

You have written me such kind words that have made me feel so good! Hold on to your inner strength and humor. My prayers are with you always! What a great and compassionate partner you have. I truly hope it all works out for you! Carlie
  • debbie1162
    debbie1162 Member Posts: 36
    Options
    You will be in my prayers.

• traceyt
    traceyt Member Posts: 77
    Options
    chenheart said:

Hugs,
    Claudia

Gental hugs and warm wishes
    Claudia
    The waiting is the hardest! Sending you positive thoughts for ypr Dr on Tues!
    You are such a comfort to so many here , now it is time for us to offer you comfort :)
    I really do look forward all of your posts
    Hang in there girl we are all pulling for you
    ((hugs)) TT
  • chenheart
    Options

Claudia...good thoughts
    Claudia...good thoughts coming your way from Wisconsin...as many others have noted you ROCK!!

By the way, thanks for the advice...my hubby and I had a good conversation about spit the other day.

Are you trying to get me in trouble??? LOL
    Oh My...I thought that post was in the nether regions of this site never to be found~ and yet I am laughing so hard thinking about spit! For any of you who don't know what I'm talking about~ let's leave it that way, shall we? I got in sooo much trouble with that post; tho I certainly meant no harm! Sheesh jojo! Well, they do say, don't write things you don't want everyone to read~ and that things on the Internet last even longer than FruitCake..

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • jojo elizapest
    jojo elizapest Member Posts: 122
    Options
    chenheart said:

Oh My...I thought that post was in the nether regions of this site never to be found~ and yet I am laughing so hard thinking about spit! For any of you who don't know what I'm talking about~ let's leave it that way, shall we? I got in sooo much trouble with that post; tho I certainly meant no harm! Sheesh jojo! Well, they do say, don't write things you don't want everyone to read~ and that things on the Internet last even longer than FruitCake..

Hugs,
    Claudia

Funny you should use the
    Funny you should use the word 'trouble'...

You are certainly one of the long standing angels on this board and from many of your posts I have begun to think of you much like the Haley Mills character in the Trouble with Angels...

My intent was not to stir...more like elbow!!

I so enjoy your spirit...hope the next few days go quickly!

Jojo
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    chenheart said:

Hugs,
    Claudia

Just reading all of these
    and seeing how much you are admired and loved,Claudia!
  • Kayla1
    Kayla1 Member Posts: 101
    Options

Claudia,
    You and Reggie are

Claudia,
    You and Reggie are in my thoughts and prayers!!!! You are so blessed to have such a wonderful, supportive, loving hubby! Hang in there, stay positive, and keep busy.
    Shop until you drop and sleep thru the rest!
    I pray these next few days fly by and end in only good news!
    Hugs, love, & lots of prayers,
    K
  • chenheart
    Options

Funny you should use the
    Funny you should use the word 'trouble'...

You are certainly one of the long standing angels on this board and from many of your posts I have begun to think of you much like the Haley Mills character in the Trouble with Angels...

My intent was not to stir...more like elbow!!

I so enjoy your spirit...hope the next few days go quickly!

Jojo

Alright Jojo, are you
    Alright Jojo, are you channeling my wannabe past??? Haley Mills~ the person I always wanted to be! I always saw myself as Pollyanna, if truth be told! But the Angels movie will do, as well! Wasn't Rosalin Russell in that too? ( I know I just spelled her name incorrectly, I have typed it 5 different ways, and NONE of them looks right!) And I am too lazy to Google it, so there! :-)

Thanks for the elbow, but just the same, let's keep that post a secret, ok? LOL LOL

Tomorrow is Monday...yay and yikes! That makes it almost Tuesday...WWPD? What Would Pollyanna Do?????

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    Options
    Claudia
    My thoughts and prayers go with you on Tuesday!! Diane:)