• Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options

OK, that's it...
    Tomorrow, I become a vegetarian.

Kind regards, Susan
    Animal Lover

Hedgehogs and Vegetarians and Vodka
    Tears are in my eyes, and I'm holding my sides. Thanks, ladies. A sore belly due to flat-out laughing til you hurt makes for a calming bedtime mood.

Tasha and Claudia, you two started this subversion of a wonderful recipe thread. New recipes needed, sans hedgehogs. Vodka ok, though.
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options

OK, that's it...
    Tomorrow, I become a vegetarian.

Kind regards, Susan
    Animal Lover

LMAO Susan!
    LMAO Susan!
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    RE said:

SHRIMP TOMATO PESTO PASTA PREP TIME 20 MIN.
    SHRIMP TOMATO PESTO (APPROX. 20 MINUTES START TO FINISH)

1 MEDIUM PACKAGE EGG NOODLES (THE FAT NOODLES WORK BEST)
    1 TSP OF CRUSHED GARLIC
    1 PKG OF SLICED MUSHROOMS
    1 7 0Z. PKG. OF SUN DRIED TOMATO PESTO
    1 12 OZ. PKG. OF MEDIUM SIZED FROZEN SHRIMP
    1 TBLSP. OLIVE OIL

BOIL THE NOODLES FOR TEN MINUTES STIRRING PERIODICALLY SO THE DO NOT STICK TOGETHER.
    I A PAN LIGHTLY SEAR THE SHRIMP IN 1 TBLSP. OF OLIVE OIL AND 1 TBLSP OF CRUSHED GARLIC FOR APPROX. 3 MIN. THEN ADD THE MUSHROOMS AND THE PESTO STIRRING FREQUENTLY. ONCE THE PESTO SAUCE IS COMPLETELY MIXED IN REMOVE FROM HEAT AND SET ASIDE.

REMOVE THE NOODLES FROM THE WATER AND RINSE WITH ROOM TEMPERATURE WATER THEN DRAIN. COMBINE THE NOODLES AND THE SHRIMP MIXURE, SERVE WITHE A SALAD AND/OR FRENCH BREAD.

YOU CAN ALSO DO THE SAME USING CHICKEN INSTEAD OF SHRIMP. SOMETIMES WE REPLACE THE MUSHROOMS WITH ASPARAGUS OR BELL PEPPERS. ANOTHER RENDITION IS TO USE REGULAR GREEN PESTO INSTEAD OF TOMATO PESTO, THEY ARE ALL YUMMY!

Yum!
    Yum! :D Lynn
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options

A really useful site for recipes www.recipezaar.com..enjoy

England......november 5th...guy fawkes night

Remember, remember
    the fifth of november
    gunpowder, treason and plot!

Yes we have fireworks, bonfires and burn images of the Guy..

But if you are having a bonfire please check for hedgehogs underneath.... Make sure they are far enough in to get properly cooked!

And pour yourself a large Vodka!

Ohhhhhhhhh Claudia, Moopster and joe in the sidelines, this is sure going to be some dog-hanging! LOLOL
    Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • zahalene
    zahalene Member Posts: 670
    Options
    fauxma said:

I didn't see where it was
    I didn't see where it was necessary to kill the hedge hog before cooking. LOL
    Stef

Well, you can skip that step...
    if you just substitute road kill for the hedgehog.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Remember, remember
    the fifth of november

But if you are having a bonfire please check for hedgehogs underneath.... Make sure they are far enough in to get properly cooked!

Ohhhhhhhhh Claudia, Moopster and joe in the sidelines, this is sure going to be some dog-hanging! LOLOL
    Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxxxx

HAHA Tasha! Love your new
    HAHA Tasha! Love your new haircut!
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    Kylez said:

HAHA Tasha! Love your new
    HAHA Tasha! Love your new haircut!

Your haircut is adorable.
    Your haircut is adorable. And what a pretty woman you are. No wonder Corvette guy stops by the nursery. I loved the whole hedgehog thing. Too funny. You always been a smile to my face.
    Stef
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    zahalene said:

Please...
    Stop.

Yuck.
  • Kylez
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Remember, remember
    the fifth of november

Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey Tasha, can you blow up
    Hey Tasha, can you blow up your picture bigger? I love the new do, but, it is hard to see!

Hugs
  • tasha_111
    Options
    Kylez said:

Hey Tasha, can you blow up
    Hey Tasha, can you blow up your picture bigger? I love the new do, but, it is hard to see!

Hugs

OMG!
    Kylex wants to blow me up? What have I ever done to her?.. Is she a raving homicidal maniac, or just a terrorist? I am worried!

I've heard awful stories about being blowb up... Like the last thing that goes through your mind is Your Arse!

Ohhhhhh What have I done to annoy her so much?... Is she a Hedgehog Lover..Or just a demented Turquoise Hater?

Help me Sisters, Gather round, Bayonets Drawn........Repel The Boarders! Circle them Wagons.........OK> Soldier, Assume the Position!

Brrrrrrrr... Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • fauxma
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

OMG!
    Kylex wants to blow me up? What have I ever done to her?.. Is she a raving homicidal maniac, or just a terrorist? I am worried!

I've heard awful stories about being blowb up... Like the last thing that goes through your mind is Your Arse!

Ohhhhhh What have I done to annoy her so much?... Is she a Hedgehog Lover..Or just a demented Turquoise Hater?

Help me Sisters, Gather round, Bayonets Drawn........Repel The Boarders! Circle them Wagons.........OK> Soldier, Assume the Position!

Brrrrrrrr... Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am so picturing an arse
    I am so picturing an arse going through a mind. If this wasn't so serious it would be funny. I have heard of these picture blower upper people but never thought I would know one. I think there are photophobic and just have a dread of pictures, especially small ones. There is help for you sweetie. Go to photophobics.gone and I know that you will receive the support you need to stop. Going down this path is just wrong. First it's photos, then video, then who knows where. I am sure that they will find that there was some small, hard to see photo that began you down this path. Please resist. First, it's Tasha, then you will move on to all of the rest of us. Get help, we are there for you.
    Stef
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    zahalene said:

Ingredient Substitution
    A real timesaver tip, Zah. Of course, there goes my side again. You all and your one-liners.
  • tasha_111
    Options
    fauxma said:

I am so picturing an arse
    I am so picturing an arse going through a mind. If this wasn't so serious it would be funny. I have heard of these picture blower upper people but never thought I would know one. I think there are photophobic and just have a dread of pictures, especially small ones. There is help for you sweetie. Go to photophobics.gone and I know that you will receive the support you need to stop. Going down this path is just wrong. First it's photos, then video, then who knows where. I am sure that they will find that there was some small, hard to see photo that began you down this path. Please resist. First, it's Tasha, then you will move on to all of the rest of us. Get help, we are there for you.
    Stef

Stef
    I am scared of her!.......Please help save and protect me from this seriously disturbed terrorist!......Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Run Forest Run!
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Gazpacho
    GAZPACHO

There are a zillion varieties of this cold soup; it is rather a liquid salad, originating in the Andalucia region of Spain. Last year, I had a HUGE Birthday party, celebrating the ( almost) end of summer and the summer birthdays of my friends. We had platters of cheese and fruit, drinks ( alcoholic and not),mini pizzas done on the grill, and big tureens of this fabulous soup at what we called The Gazpacho Bar!!!...this was an outdoor "affair", and it was a great success and lots of fun! If you like veggies, and have never tried this icy cold veggie soup, give it a try! I will give a basic recipe; it can be doctored to ones liking. At our Gazpacho bar, one could add avocado chunks, green onions,fresh basil, chopped jalapenos, feta cheese, Tabasco, red pepper flakes, and olive oil. Or, just eat it as it was~ all wonderful!!! The bread in the recipe is not "yukky" even if it sounds like an odd ingredient; it it the thickener for the soup and adds bulk to what could otherwise be like eating a bowl of V-8 juice! And who wants to do that??? Unless you add the Vodka from my other recipe...LOL So, here goes! Serves 6

2 lbs ripe tomatoes ,quartered and seeds removed
    2 cups tomato juice to counteract any plastic-tasting market tomatoes!
    1 large Seedless Cucumber,unpeeled and rough chopped
    1 sweet onion, red or yellow, rough chopped
    1 yellow or red pepper, rough chopped
    2 cloves garlic, chopped
    3 slices day old bread, crusts removed (white or French)
    2 Tbs red wine vinegar
    1/2 cup Good Quality Olive Oil
    1 tsp kosher salt
    Black pepper to taste

Put the bread in a food processor, process into semi-fine crumbs.
    Add all of the vegetables, juice, vinegar, garlic and salt. Pulse in the processor, but do NOT puree. The soup should be similar in consistancy to oatmeal rather than too liquid, though this is my personal preference and does not affect the taste at all. Add the olive oil and whirr one more time to incorporate it into the soup. Taste, check for seasoning~add the black pepper, and more salt if necessary..transfer to a non-metallic bowl, stir. Cover and CHILL until really cold for at least 2 hours. Not only did we have this at the fancy-schmancy b'day party; Reggie and I made some to take camping~ very healthy and refreshing on a hot day! Enjoy!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • tasha_111
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Stef
    I am scared of her!.......Please help save and protect me from this seriously disturbed terrorist!......Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Run Forest Run!

Oh No!
    I have gone into hiding........
    Why Me? LOL
    Luv u all Jxxxxxx
  • Kylez
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Oh No!
    I have gone into hiding........
    Why Me? LOL
    Luv u all Jxxxxxx

:(
    Tasha, I would never hurt you. I just thought your new pic was so cute and I loved your new haircut. But, the pic is small, so I thought possibly, you could enlarge it so all of us could see your face and hair better.

Now, I am devastated that you thought I was a terrorist and would blow you up. I think I will go into hiding now. :(
  • fauxma
    Options
    Kylez said:

:(
    Tasha, I would never hurt you. I just thought your new pic was so cute and I loved your new haircut. But, the pic is small, so I thought possibly, you could enlarge it so all of us could see your face and hair better.

Now, I am devastated that you thought I was a terrorist and would blow you up. I think I will go into hiding now. :(

I hope you guys don't hide
    I hope you guys don't hide in the same place. Kylez, tell Tasha that you are going to reform, to stop blowing up pictures, that you have seen the error of your ways. She is very forgiving. LPL
    Stef
  • tasha_111
    Options
    fauxma said:

I hope you guys don't hide
    I hope you guys don't hide in the same place. Kylez, tell Tasha that you are going to reform, to stop blowing up pictures, that you have seen the error of your ways. She is very forgiving. LPL
    Stef

LOL
    Hugs Kylez!
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    SUNSET
    A friend of mine from high school days had a recipe of his published in the Sunset magazine. It is on grilled cheese sandwhices and there are 14 total and many of them sound quite delicious so check it out if you are interested.

http://www.sunset.com/food-wine/kitchen-assistant/grilled-cheese-recipes-00400000046712/page7.html

RE
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    These are a family favorite, we love em!!
    EASY COCONUT MACAROONS

1 (16 oz.) bag coconut flakes
    1 (14 oz.) can condensed milk
    1 tsp. almond extract
    1 (16 oz.) bag of semi sweet chocolate chips
    1 cup of walnuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix coconut flakes, condensed milk and almond extract together in a large bowl. Mix until well blended and all the milk is absorbed. Drop mixture from spoon on ungreased cookie pan. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until bottom of cookie turns light brown. Cool on rack. These cookies stay soft and chewy.

Melt chocolate chips and dip top of cooled macaroons in melted chips. If desired you can also dip the chocoate top in chopped walnuts.