Options
    Jeanne D said:

Sausage and Egg Casserole
    SAUSAGE AND EGG CASSEROLE

1 LB. BULK SAUSAGE - SAUTE/BROWN & DRAIN FAT
    9 EGGS
    3 CUPS MILK
    1 TSP. DRY MUSTARD

BEAT TOGETHER THE EGGS, MILK AND MUSTARD.

9 SLICES WHTIE BREAD, CUBED
    1 1/2 CUP CHEDDAR CHEESE GRATED

TO EGG/MILK MIXTURE, STIR IN BREAD CUBES, CRUMBLE SAUSAGE & CHEESE. POUR INTO A 9 X 13 (GREASED) PAN OR A 10 X 14 GREASED GLASS DISH - COVER AND REFRIGERATE OVERNIGHT.

DO NOT PREHEAT OVEN! UNCOVER AND BAKE AT 350 DEGREES FOR 1 HOUR UNTIL IT IS PUFFY AND LIGHT BROWN.

This is great when you have company. I make this a lot when we are at our cabin if we have friends and family staying with us.

YUM
    This sounds really good, I will be making this one at our next family gathering.

RE :-D
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options
    RE said:

YUM
    This sounds really good, I will be making this one at our next family gathering.

RE :-D

Spotted ****
    4 oz raisins
    2 oz currants
    3 oz brown sugar
    zest of one lemon
    8 oz self raising flour
    40z shredded suet
    pinch of salt
    2fl oz milk.

Mix to a dough

Wrap in a clean cloth tied at both ends.

Steam in steamer 2 hrs.

Unwrap and eat...loads of custard!

Jxxxxx
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Spotted ****
    4 oz raisins
    2 oz currants
    3 oz brown sugar
    zest of one lemon
    8 oz self raising flour
    40z shredded suet
    pinch of salt
    2fl oz milk.

Mix to a dough

Steam in steamer 2 hrs.

Jxxxxx

Baked Hedgehog
    Obtain a hedgehog, cover it in clay and bake it over an open fire for about 2 hours. When the clay is broken off, the spines come off with it.
    Tastes like chicken.

Jxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    SWEET TEA???
    Okay ladies I lived in South Carolina as a child and LOVED sweet tea, anyone know how to make it as I would love the recipe.

Thanks,

RE
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    No, I don't RE. But, have
    No, I don't RE. But, have you tried the Sweet Tea at Mc D's? It isn't bad!

And, I don't understand Tasha's recipe. Is it just me?

Confused, Jeanne
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    Jeanne D said:

No, I don't RE. But, have
    No, I don't RE. But, have you tried the Sweet Tea at Mc D's? It isn't bad!

And, I don't understand Tasha's recipe. Is it just me?

Confused, Jeanne

Hmmm
    No I have not tried their sweet tea but I will now, thank you! I have fond memories of enjoying my sweet tea on the veranda with my Mom so I would love to be able to make it myself. In regards to Tasha's recipes I do not have access to a hedge hog and if I did I just couldn't kill the little guy so I guess I have to forgo that recipe.

Hugs,

RE
  • Calleen
    Calleen Member Posts: 411
    Options
    RE said:

Hmmm
    No I have not tried their sweet tea but I will now, thank you! I have fond memories of enjoying my sweet tea on the veranda with my Mom so I would love to be able to make it myself. In regards to Tasha's recipes I do not have access to a hedge hog and if I did I just couldn't kill the little guy so I guess I have to forgo that recipe.

Hugs,

RE

sweet tea
    I live in the middle of Oklahoma so here Sweet Tea is a staple!!!

Sun Tea

1 Gallon Jar with lid

1 Gallon size tea bag (Cains or Lipton) on your grocers shelf

Drop tea bag in Gallon Jar that's about 1/2 filled with water. Set OUTSIDE in Hot Sun for at least 3 to 4 hours...

Add Sugar to taste ooo about 3/4 to start...Stir it up... Pour in a glass filled with ice and ENJOY!!!

If tea is too strong add more water... not sweet enough add more sugar...
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    RE said:

Hmmm

Hugs,

RE

I didn't see where it was
    I didn't see where it was necessary to kill the hedge hog before cooking. LOL
    Stef
  • tjhay
    tjhay Member Posts: 655
    Options
    RE said:

THOUGHT I WOULD REPOST THIS ONE FOR NEW FOLKS
    CHOCOLATE CAKE FOR ONE

1 Coffee Mug
    4 tablespoons flour(that's plain flour, not self-rising)
    4 tablespoons sugar
    2 tablespoons baking cocoa
    1 egg
    3 tablespoons milk
    3 tablespoons oil
    3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
    Small splash of vanilla

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well . Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
    Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
    Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla, and mix again.
    Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts. The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed.
    Allow to cool a little, and enjoy....!

OMG
    I have got to try that

OMG
    I have got to try that one, what a perfect idea if you want to just spoil yourself in the middle of the night, or if you want to make a interesting desert for a small dinner party
    I love it Re
    tjhay
  • tjhay
    tjhay Member Posts: 655
    Options
    RE said:

Hmmm

Hugs,

RE

Sweet Tea
    I feel a med sauce pan and feel with water, 4 large tea bags and a cup of sugar boil for 3 mins (important to do you wnat to make sure that you kill all the bacteria that might be living on the tea leafs) then cover for half and hour. Fill pitcure with ice pour tea in and add a littl water if needed.
    You will learn to adjust the sugar to taste with paratice
    tjhay
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Spotted ****
    4 oz raisins
    2 oz currants
    3 oz brown sugar
    zest of one lemon
    8 oz self raising flour
    40z shredded suet
    pinch of salt
    2fl oz milk.

Mix to a dough

Steam in steamer 2 hrs.

Jxxxxx

So much for Spotted ****!
    I was going to make this, but I sadly used the last of my suet to rub on the hedgehog before sticking it in the clay pot. I only had an old frozen hedgehog left over from last year's supply, and I knew without rubbing it liberally with suet, it would be dried out and tough. This is going to me my last post for a bit~ the spines tore my hands to bits,and typing is getting exceedingly difficult at this juncture. My best idea yet is to simply follow the original directions for the recipe I posted calling for Vodka and Tonic....

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Options
    chenheart said:

I was going to make this, but I sadly used the last of my suet to rub on the hedgehog before sticking it in the clay pot. I only had an old frozen hedgehog left over from last year's supply, and I knew without rubbing it liberally with suet, it would be dried out and tough. This is going to me my last post for a bit~ the spines tore my hands to bits,and typing is getting exceedingly difficult at this juncture. My best idea yet is to simply follow the original directions for the recipe I posted calling for Vodka and Tonic....

Hugs,
    Claudia

Serves you right, I guess
    Next time you try to prepare hedgehog, it's always a good idea to fix the Vodka and Tonic recipe first.
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

Hugs,
    Claudia

ROTFLMAO
    Claudia and Tasha, you two are just hilarious. Please let me be there if/when you two ever meet. I'm begging.
  • Aortus
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

ROTFLMAO
    Claudia and Tasha, you two are just hilarious. Please let me be there if/when you two ever meet. I'm begging.

ROTFLMGDAO
    Please let me be far enough away not to get busted when the Mounties arrive, but close enough to bail all three of you out afterward.
  • Moopy23
    Options
    RE said:

SWEET TEA???
    Okay ladies I lived in South Carolina as a child and LOVED sweet tea, anyone know how to make it as I would love the recipe.

Thanks,

RE

Sweet Tea and Recipes
    RE, reluctantly, I as a Southern woman must back up Jeanne and admit the McDonald's sweet tea is actually very good.

Also as a Southerner, I have to confess to my shame that I myself have never made sweet tea. TJ's recipe, and Calleen's, both sound good to me.

I actually am the black sheep of the family. Of all the women across 3 generations, for example, only I do not know how to make biscuits (from scratch of course as there is no other kind). My little sister once said to her Yankee brother-in-law, "I bet Lisa makes you biscuits from a tin." All the scorn drawn from decades of being beaten by her cruel big sister was in her voice.

While I am baring my soul, I might as well add that I alone in the family have never made cornbread or cornbread dressing, either. I hang my head.

Seriously, I have been scared to visit this thread because I don't have any recipes! First, all my cookbooks are at home. Second, I don't cook much to begin with. (hanging head again). But, I will ask my big sister to send me a recipe that I can post. (You can understand why I wouldn't ask my bitter baby sister.)

Hoping to contribute later,
    Moopy
  • Aortus
    Options
    fauxma said:

Stef

Ewww
    That's just sadistic, Stef.
  • stmgriffin
    stmgriffin Member Posts: 25
    Options
    A really useful site for recipes www.recipezaar.com..enjoy
  • Moopy23
    Options
    fauxma said:

Stef

Et tu, Stef?
    Stef!! I laughed so hard my sides hurt. Maybe a CSN Conference is not a good idea, too much risk of sidesplitting.

Thank you, thank you for the laughter therapy and recipes, vodka or not. You all are the best.
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Et tu, Stef?
    Stef!! I laughed so hard my sides hurt. Maybe a CSN Conference is not a good idea, too much risk of sidesplitting.

Thank you, thank you for the laughter therapy and recipes, vodka or not. You all are the best.

Guys, I only pointed out
    Guys, I only pointed out that the recipe did not say to kill the hedgehog. Of course, maybe you can just pick up some fresh hedgehog along with the hamburger at the local market. I am sure it is next to the Badger and gopher meats. Or maybe you can just give the live hedgehog it's own vodka and tonic and it won't care when you encase it in clay. LOL.
    Stef
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    fauxma said:

Guys, I only pointed out
    Guys, I only pointed out that the recipe did not say to kill the hedgehog. Of course, maybe you can just pick up some fresh hedgehog along with the hamburger at the local market. I am sure it is next to the Badger and gopher meats. Or maybe you can just give the live hedgehog it's own vodka and tonic and it won't care when you encase it in clay. LOL.
    Stef

OK, that's it...
    Tomorrow, I become a vegetarian.

Kind regards, Susan
    Animal Lover