Options
123457»

Comments

• outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    cats_toy said:

thanks Patty
    Never would have guessed, sounds like the Hostess Sno Balls to me (which I do like!)
    Is this your spud?

Idaho Spud Pictures, Images and Photos

=^..^=

That's it
    Cat,and I like sno balls too with a big glass of milk(you've got to rule the junk food out with the nutrition, haha!)!
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

Hey...Jersey girl!!!
    I was born and raised in Jersey (Willingboro...Burlington County)! I use to show horses!! Got married and moved to West Virginia 27 years ago. Prefered the hills to the highrises. Just made a trip up last month for parents 50th Wedding Anniversary (My whole family & relatives all live in Jersey still) :) Pammy

What breed of
    horses did you show,Pammy?
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    carol41 said:

Just signed up on this site
    Just signed up on this site this afternoon and this is the first thing I clicked on . . .

How fun to see so many people adding notes in just a couple of days.

I was born in the Territory of Hawaii, grew up in San Bernardino, CA before it was
    trashed (not too far from Redlands), married and lived in Culver City, CA for 33 years
    and then moved to God's country -- northwestern WA state in Birch Bay about 6 miles south of the Canadian border.

Welcome carol41..........
    I'm very happy that you found us!

CR
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options

What breed of
    horses did you show,Pammy?

Appoloosa's!!!
    Did alot of compition too. I broke AHA's record for pole bending in 1977 and made it to Jersey State (came in 2nd!!). I miss riding....it's been about 30yrs since I have rode.
  • dorothyt
    dorothyt Member Posts: 103
    Options
    tgf said:

Louisiana
    I lived in Mandeville for 15 years ... and worked in New Orleans for 5 years. To get from Mandeville to New Orleans we had to drive across the Causeway ... across Lake Pontchatrain so ... north side of causeway was in Mandeville ... south side was in Metairie. Long drive ... 24 miles ... but I loved everything about Lousiana and miss is terribly. I'm in Indiana physically ... but I think my heart will always be in Louisiana.

hugs.
    teena

Photobucket

Louisiana
    Teena, Louisiana is where I was born and raised. I lived in New Orleans for 20 years,I moved back home to Kentwood in 1988. Love your crawfish sign. Just ate some Sunday at my grand daughter birthday party she made 18.
  • jgridley
    jgridley Member Posts: 169
    Options

Where is McConnelsville?
    I live near Dayton!

Mcconnelsville
    we are 30 mintues from zanesville, and what one and half hours east of columbus.

Julie
  • nanatotwo
    nanatotwo Member Posts: 1
    Options
    I live outside of Buffalo,
    I live outside of Buffalo, NY in Lockport. I have lived in this area all of my life. I have siblings in Florida and Texas. Anyone else from the east?
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options
    carol41 said:

Just signed up on this site this afternoon and this is the first thing I clicked on . . .

I was born in the Territory of Hawaii, grew up in San Bernardino, CA before it was
    trashed (not too far from Redlands), married and lived in Culver City, CA for 33 years
    and then moved to God's country -- northwestern WA state in Birch Bay about 6 miles south of the Canadian border.

Welcome Carol
    When I used to work for Super Save Gas/Propane I used to drop down the border every night in your area to pick up propane at Arco. Yes, you do live in a beautiful state.
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    nanatotwo said:

I live outside of Buffalo, NY in Lockport. I have lived in this area all of my life. I have siblings in Florida and Texas. Anyone else from the east?

Hey Nana......
    I'm in Ransomville! Am coming to Lockport tomorrow for my Herceptin infusion!

Who is your onc??

CR
  • kit45
    kit45 Member Posts: 89
    Options
    CR1954 said:

Hey Nana......
    I'm in Ransomville! Am coming to Lockport tomorrow for my Herceptin infusion!

Who is your onc??

CR

UPSTATE NY HERE
    Capital District-south of Albany for me.
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    carol41 said:

Warm welcome, carol41
    Glad you found us, but sorry for the reason. Yes, we enjoy a little fun - it's good relief from the much more serious stuff.

Kind regards, Susan
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    nanatotwo said:

Warm welcome to you also, nanatotwo
    Glad you found us, though sorry for the reason.

Kind regards, Susan
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options

Warm welcome to you also, nanatotwo
    Glad you found us, though sorry for the reason.

Kind regards, Susan

This was a gr8t idea to ask
    This was a gr8t idea to ask this question. Thank you
  • Jan_M
    Jan_M Member Posts: 116
    Options
    CR1954 said:

Hey Jan......
    That really sounds very cool....to live on an island!

LOL, if it makes you feel any better, it's 10 miles to a grocery store where I live too! And I am not on an island!

Do you have a problem with hurricanes there? We just have blizzards here...lol.

CR

CR1954
    Yes, we do have hurricanes here, ever heard of HUGO, ugh.

We live on 5 peaceful acres with a tidal creek at the back of the property. So I would not want to be closer to the stores.
  • liz011808
    liz011808 Member Posts: 21
    Options
    jnl said:

This was a gr8t idea to ask
    This was a gr8t idea to ask this question. Thank you

From Asia
    I was born and raised in the Philippines. Come to America 24 years ago,
    living in San Jose, CA with my husband and two daughters.

God bless,
    Liz
  • pjsm
    pjsm Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Edwardsburg, Mi
    New to this site and so thankful to have found it. Also new to bc, 3 months actually.
    Can someone please tell me if it's menopause or side effects from tamoxifen or both. I am suffering from mood swings, can't stay asleep. night sweats...all that. I'm not supposed to take anything containg estrogen, like estrovan, black cohash etc...I have a harmonizing cream called endau that helps to keep everything in balance. It contains progesterone and I was wondering if anybody has used this for those syptoms. I know I should ask my Dr but I want to ask the women who have experienced this first. I am 2 months shy of my 49th b-day so I know I'm probably pre-menopausal. I cry alot and can hardly stand myself sometimes. Help me, PLEASE!
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    pjsm said:

Edwardsburg, Mi
    New to this site and so thankful to have found it. Also new to bc, 3 months actually.
    Can someone please tell me if it's menopause or side effects from tamoxifen or both. I am suffering from mood swings, can't stay asleep. night sweats...all that. I'm not supposed to take anything containg estrogen, like estrovan, black cohash etc...I have a harmonizing cream called endau that helps to keep everything in balance. It contains progesterone and I was wondering if anybody has used this for those syptoms. I know I should ask my Dr but I want to ask the women who have experienced this first. I am 2 months shy of my 49th b-day so I know I'm probably pre-menopausal. I cry alot and can hardly stand myself sometimes. Help me, PLEASE!

Could be a mix of everything...BUT it IS normal!!!
    Funny, I just had a 'jaccuzi night' in bed last night, myself. I am under alot of stress right now, moving my daughter, cleaning my condo (18 years of junk), leaving for Holland on the 16th of June for 3 months...lol...I think that has a bit to do with it... Yes, you CAN ask your doctor, but yes, it IS all stuff that has happened to me. Were you having pre-menopausal symptoms before the breast cancer?

Treatment DOES cause symptoms....but in my case, they dimished over time (3 plus years for me). Hang in there, it will be better....but do check in with your doctor.

Hugs, Kathi

I will start a new thread for you, with your questions...sometimes these get lost...