Where is everyone from?

Options

Comments

• RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    Thanks for Asking!
    I am in central California, an hour from the ocean, and an hour from the mountains lovin it. I was born in Southern California but was a military brat when growing up so I have lived in Virgina, Nevada, North Carolina, Hawaii, and California.....loved them all!

California Flag Pictures, Images and Photos

RE
  • ladybug22
    ladybug22 Member Posts: 646
    Options
    blue gress state
    I am from kentucky
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    ladybug22 said:

blue gress state
    I am from kentucky

vacationland
    vacationland---state of Maine.
  • cruf
    cruf Member Posts: 908
    Options

vacationland
    vacationland---state of Maine.

Sing Sing
    Ossining, NY home of Sing Sing Prison. Grew up in North Tarrytown,now Sleepy Hollow, NY ,home of Legend of Sleepy Hollow and Icabod Crane. Cathy
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Where's Waldo???
    Born in New York, raised in Germany, now live in California...just north of Santa Barbara in the beginning of the beautiful California Central Coast wine country.

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    My husband and I
    pass through Wheeling every time we go to Pennsy. I'll be sure (if I remember) to say hi to you as we drive through next week!
  • austingrl
    austingrl Member Posts: 45
    Options
    Derbygirl said:

I'm in Central Texas near
    I'm in Central Texas near the largest military base in the Free World - Fort Hood, but originally from Louisville, Kentucky...home of the Kentucky Derby.

Derbygirl
    Hey, Derbygirl;

I am in Austin. Are you in Killeen?
  • EveningStar2
    EveningStar2 Member Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    bfbear said:

Montana, too
    I live just outside the village of Bigfork, MT, and any of you lovely ladies and your families are always welcome to stop by and visit if you need a Montana fix!! The largest, natural freshwater lake west of the Mississippi, Flathead Lake (32 miles long/7-15 miles across), is just down the road from us.

(For the record, I was born in New York City and lived there until I left for the University of Colorado at age 16; lived in Colorado for 29 yrs., and moved to Montana in 2001.)

Fondly yours,
    Debi

Las vegas moving to New Mexico
    I replied to you because I graduated from CU! The Health Science Center and my son graduated from Boulder. Small world.

Back to the topic: army brat, KY, Al, Italy, MA, CO, NV. And next week NM.

Maureen
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    Aortus said:

Big time railfan here
    My dad worked on the Milwaukee Road from 1953 to 1992. His father worked on the Soo Line in the early 1910s. His grandfather came across the Big Drink in the 1850s to work for the Chicago and Northwestern.

Sadly, working on the railroad was not an option for me: Mom and Dad intended for their kids to go to college, and go to college we all did. So I merely fixate on trains instead. And I just kinda assumed Terry was a small depot town on either the old Great Northern or the Northern Pacific.

You can view my online railroad photo album at your own risk.

a beautiful collection
    Joe your collection is amazing, the pictures are very beautiful, Bob really enjoyed looking at them also. We like to go fishing by the old Milwaukee bridge. Thank you for sharing. I especially like the one of you inside the train. Moopy's got herself a handsome hubby! Ok don't let your head get to big...but it is a really good pic. What a collection!!!
    Jackie and Bob
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options

My husband and I
    pass through Wheeling every time we go to Pennsy. I'll be sure (if I remember) to say hi to you as we drive through next week!

Californian, born and
    Californian, born and raised. Born in San Francisco, grew up in South San Francisco, and now live in Suisun City, which is a small town between San Francisco and Sacramento.
    Stef
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Options

Chicago, IL
    Born, raised, and will ALWAYS live here. And, I mean CHICAGO - the city, not the suburbs. Christmas Girl is a bona-fide urban girl, for sure. Lake Michigan water in my bloodstream since birth. Like to travel; but, LOVE coming back home even more.

Kind regards, Susan

My daughter lives in Chicago
    My daughter lives in Chicago Susan,we both love that place....the city not the suburbs ..
    I live in good ol' Gatlinburg Tn., famous for Dolly Parton and the Smoky Mts.
  • jk1952
    jk1952 Member Posts: 613
    Options
    fauxma said:

Californian, born and
    Californian, born and raised. Born in San Francisco, grew up in South San Francisco, and now live in Suisun City, which is a small town between San Francisco and Sacramento.
    Stef

Upstate New York

I live near Syracuse, which is much closer to Canada than it is to New York City.
  • Ltalcott
    Ltalcott Member Posts: 119
    Options
    San Antonio, TX

San Antonio, TX
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I'm from.........
    Ransomville, NY. It's a teenie, tiny hamlet in Western New York.
    I've lived within 3 miles of where I was born, all of my life. (I've gotta get out more!)

Hey jk, I am just north of Niagara Falls! And near Lake Ontario. 20 minutes from the Canadian border here.

CR
  • jk1952
    jk1952 Member Posts: 613
    Options
    CR, we share Lake Ontario:

CR, we share Lake Ontario: we're about 30 miles from the east end of it, between the Adirondack Mountains and the Finger Lakes.

Joyce
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    fauxma said:

Californian, born and
    Stef

FAUXMA
    My goodness are we ever close I am in LODI, known for its grapes and wine. What a small world we live in.

RE
  • Bill.S
    Bill.S Member Posts: 177
    Options
    Port Charlotte , Florida
    SW coast below Tampa ---between Sarastoa and Fort Myers.
    Born and raised 15 miles west of Philadelphia, Pa.
  • Bill.S
    Bill.S Member Posts: 177
    Options
    tjhay said:

Where I am at
    Hudson Fl, whichc is over by Tampa Bay

neighbors
    we could almost throw rocks at eaach others house.
    Bill S.
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    RE said:

FAUXMA
    My goodness are we ever close I am in LODI, known for its grapes and wine. What a small world we live in.

RE

Just a short drive down Hwy
    Just a short drive down Hwy 12. When I was a secretary for a middle school band, we did the Lodi and Stockton band reviews every year.
    Stef
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    jk1952 said:

CR, we share Lake Ontario:

CR, we share Lake Ontario: we're about 30 miles from the east end of it, between the Adirondack Mountains and the Finger Lakes.

Joyce

Joyce......
    That is a beautiful area! I don't get that way too often, but I love that region!

CR