Where is everyone from?

Options

Comments

• lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    Born in Chicago - But I'm in Idaho now.
    Yep - urban til 18. Then north of Chicago for college. Then Nebraska, then Jamaica, then Montana (part of the time the south end of Flathead Lake, BFBEAR, then Washington, and now Idaho (no Idaho jokes, Puhleaz). Also spent a bit of time in Greece and Turkey while in college. My daughter (16) is spending her sophomore year in Koln Germany. She will FINALLY be home June 24. She's been gone since Aug. 3!
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options

Beantown for me
    I live about 10 minutes North of Boston. I spend my summers in Maine- Vacation Land. A little town named Lyman. Not far from Kennebunkport, about 20 minutes. My step kids live in Wells.

:-)
    We have family in Boston, visited them this time last year. Most likely will be up there next year. Lovely place, lots of history. My mother's family name is all other that town (Prescott).

RE
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

Born in Chicago - But I'm in Idaho now.
    Yep - urban til 18. Then north of Chicago for college. Then Nebraska, then Jamaica, then Montana (part of the time the south end of Flathead Lake, BFBEAR, then Washington, and now Idaho (no Idaho jokes, Puhleaz). Also spent a bit of time in Greece and Turkey while in college. My daughter (16) is spending her sophomore year in Koln Germany. She will FINALLY be home June 24. She's been gone since Aug. 3!

Idaho-Udaho~ Is that the type of joke you are avoiding??? LOL
    Nice, Lynn! I love, love, love, Germany! And for all of you English speakers, Koln, where Lynn's daughter is in school, is called Cologne on this side of the ocean!

No Idaho jokes from me...you recall I used to visit inlaw (now outlaw) family in Cambridge, Midvale and Weiser, and my favorite brother lived in Boise for a long,long time!
    And my Reggie says I am of the "Potato Tribe"~ thugh he is referring to Ireland! I have to admit I never did like the Idaho Spud candy bars though :-(

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options
    Ontario (Hamilton area) to
    Ontario (Hamilton area) to B.C. (Surrey to Powell River to Burnaby to Bella Bella to Vanderhoof)
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    ladybug22 said:

i have a sister that lives
    i have a sister that lives in meteria la

Louisiana
    I lived in Mandeville for 15 years ... and worked in New Orleans for 5 years. To get from Mandeville to New Orleans we had to drive across the Causeway ... across Lake Pontchatrain so ... north side of causeway was in Mandeville ... south side was in Metairie. Long drive ... 24 miles ... but I loved everything about Lousiana and miss is terribly. I'm in Indiana physically ... but I think my heart will always be in Louisiana.

hugs.
    teena

Photobucket
  • Jadie
    Jadie Member Posts: 723
    Options
    Howwwwwwwwwwwwwwwdie!
    From east Tennessee
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    I was raised in NYC and
    I was raised in NYC and moved to New Jersey when I got married. Any Jerseyans or NYCityeans out there? I feel awfully lonely out here. LOL
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    Options

I was raised in NYC and
    I was raised in NYC and moved to New Jersey when I got married. Any Jerseyans or NYCityeans out there? I feel awfully lonely out here. LOL

Barely ride anymore
    Outdoorgirl, bummer for me~have only ridden a few times over the last 30 years. Perhaps someday.....
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Derbygirl said:

I'm in Central Texas near
    I'm in Central Texas near the largest military base in the Free World - Fort Hood, but originally from Louisville, Kentucky...home of the Kentucky Derby.

Derbygirl...
    Your JRT is ADORABLE!

Kind regards, another JRT owner, Susan

P.S.: Or, do they own us? :-)
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    chenheart said:

Nice, Lynn! I love, love, love, Germany! And for all of you English speakers, Koln, where Lynn's daughter is in school, is called Cologne on this side of the ocean!

No Idaho jokes from me...you recall I used to visit inlaw (now outlaw) family in Cambridge, Midvale and Weiser, and my favorite brother lived in Boise for a long,long time!
    And my Reggie says I am of the "Potato Tribe"~ thugh he is referring to Ireland! I have to admit I never did like the Idaho Spud candy bars though :-(

Hugs,
    Claudia

Love those
    Idaho Spud candy bars,just wish they weren't so messy!!
  • outdoorgirl
    Options
    jgridley said:

Where is everyone from
    Julie here...I live in McConnelsville, Ohio....

Where is McConnelsville?
    I live near Dayton!
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

Hugs,
    Claudia

Idaho Spud...
    sorry, but what the heck is that????

Cat
  • outdoorgirl
    Options
    chenheart said:

Washington
    My sister lives in Everett~ we grew up in Germany, and the weather in both places is just the same! Lots of green and healthy forests due to lots of rain!

Hugs,
    Claudia

I have family who lives in
    Everett! Yeah,I know everybody teases about all the rain in Washington but that's why it's so green and pretty!
  • outdoorgirl
    Options
    MAJW said:

Ohio
    All of my extended family is in Ohio..........New Carlise,Dayton, St Paris, Tipp City.......it's a small small world, after all......lol I am transplanted in North Carolina.....been here for 24 years.....lived in Gwinnett Co. Georgia before.......Lived in Cherry Hill, NJ........but I am originally a BUCKEYE!

I'm a Washington State Cougar,
    will probably never be a Buckeye-but I love living here short of hearing about tornado warnings during spring and summer!
  • lynn1950
    Options
    chenheart said:

Hugs,
    Claudia

No Udaho, uh I mean Idaho, no I guess I mean Udaho...I give up.
    re: Idaho Spud candy bars

So not only is this a Republican state, it is a Republican state that eats disgusting candy. Go figure.

I didn't remember you saying Cambridge! That's just one town south of where I live (26 miles south).

Hugs back, Lynn
  • lynn1950
    Options

Love those
    Idaho Spud candy bars,just wish they weren't so messy!!

Sorry Outdoor Girl
    Didn't mean to offend. image
  • outdoorgirl
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

Sorry Outdoor Girl
    Didn't mean to offend. image

You didn't offend me!
    Don't worry about it,Lynn! Not everybody likes chocolate covered marshmallow with coconut on it-Cat,that's what an Idaho spud is!And they shape it to look like a potato!
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options

You didn't offend me!
    Don't worry about it,Lynn! Not everybody likes chocolate covered marshmallow with coconut on it-Cat,that's what an Idaho spud is!And they shape it to look like a potato!

thanks Patty
    Never would have guessed, sounds like the Hostess Sno Balls to me (which I do like!)
    Is this your spud?

Idaho Spud Pictures, Images and Photos

=^..^=
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options

I was raised in NYC and

Hey...Jersey girl!!!
    I was born and raised in Jersey (Willingboro...Burlington County)! I use to show horses!! Got married and moved to West Virginia 27 years ago. Prefered the hills to the highrises. Just made a trip up last month for parents 50th Wedding Anniversary (My whole family & relatives all live in Jersey still) :) Pammy
  • carol41
    carol41 Member Posts: 25
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

Hey...Jersey girl!!!
    I was born and raised in Jersey (Willingboro...Burlington County)! I use to show horses!! Got married and moved to West Virginia 27 years ago. Prefered the hills to the highrises. Just made a trip up last month for parents 50th Wedding Anniversary (My whole family & relatives all live in Jersey still) :) Pammy

Just signed up on this site
    Just signed up on this site this afternoon and this is the first thing I clicked on . . .

How fun to see so many people adding notes in just a couple of days.

I was born in the Territory of Hawaii, grew up in San Bernardino, CA before it was
    trashed (not too far from Redlands), married and lived in Culver City, CA for 33 years
    and then moved to God's country -- northwestern WA state in Birch Bay about 6 miles south of the Canadian border.