I've only been in remission from breast cancer since the end of May and now the dr has found lung no

Comments

• mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    sparky51 said:

Thanks so much Kylez
    Thanks so much Kylez {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

I got the results from the scan today and the dr said the lung looked suspicious and he thinks the cancer may have returned. So I'm just waiting for the oncologist to look at it now and get back to me about what we're going to next do. Man I feel like crying :((((

Sparky,
    I am sorry you didn't get the "all clear" news you wanted today. However, there is still reason for optimism. I hope your doctors can make a firm diagnosis and that you come up with a plan of action soon. I know you have been through alot, and you seem like an amazing woman. Let us know what the oncologist says. Good luck.

Mimi
  • pattimc
    pattimc Member Posts: 431
    sparky51 said:

Thanks so much Kylez

I got the results from the scan today and the dr said the lung looked suspicious and he thinks the cancer may have returned. So I'm just waiting for the oncologist to look at it now and get back to me about what we're going to next do. Man I feel like crying :((((

Sparky
    So sorry for what you are going through...go ahead and cry and scream and whatever else you want to do! Hoping and praying that you get good news and they don't make you wait too long!

Best to you!

Patti
  • sparky51
    sparky51 Member Posts: 37
    mimivac said:

Sparky,
    I am sorry you didn't get the "all clear" news you wanted today. However, there is still reason for optimism. I hope your doctors can make a firm diagnosis and that you come up with a plan of action soon. I know you have been through alot, and you seem like an amazing woman. Let us know what the oncologist says. Good luck.

Mimi

Thanks so much.....all I can
    Thanks so much.....all I can do is hope and pray
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    pattimc said:

Sparky
    So sorry for what you are going through...go ahead and cry and scream and whatever else you want to do! Hoping and praying that you get good news and they don't make you wait too long!

Best to you!

Patti

Oh, no
    I was hoping you'd get an all clear. Well, sending you positive energy and good thoughts as you meet with your doctors and find out your game plan.

You'll be in my prayers.

xoxo
    Victoria
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    sparky51 said:

Thanks so much Kylez

sparky
    I'm praying that the nodules are nothing to worry about. When do you expect to hear from your oncologist? I saw mine yesterday and he told me I'll have another CT scan in 2 months to look at nodules found on my PET scan. So sorry you have to worry like this. It's so unfair.....
    {{hugs}} Char
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    cahjah75 said:

sparky
    I'm praying that the nodules are nothing to worry about. When do you expect to hear from your oncologist? I saw mine yesterday and he told me I'll have another CT scan in 2 months to look at nodules found on my PET scan. So sorry you have to worry like this. It's so unfair.....
    {{hugs}} Char

Sparky .. You are a TRUE Warrior, spirit, mind and soul
    please take care .. and know that your extended family here on our site .. are here for you, 24/7 ..

Strength, Courage and Health,

Vicki Sam
  • weazer
    weazer Member Posts: 440
    VickiSam said:

Sparky .. You are a TRUE Warrior, spirit, mind and soul
    please take care .. and know that your extended family here on our site .. are here for you, 24/7 ..

Strength, Courage and Health,

Vicki Sam

Sparky
    We are all with you dear sister!
    We all will be praying...hoping...wishing for good results.
    Hugs Karie
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    sparky51 said:

Thanks so much Kylez

Im tearing up..
    So sorry for the report. Maybe its a false,positive. Will be praying for you. Guess its easier said than done, but try to keep positive. Im sorry that you have had to go through so much in your life.((((((hugs so tight))))))Katz
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    sparky51 said:

Thanks so much Kylez

I am sorry about this news
    I am sorry about this news Sparky, but, praying that it will not be cancer. Let us know when you find something out.

Hugs, Megan
  • sparky51
    Katz77 said:

Im tearing up..
    So sorry for the report. Maybe its a false,positive. Will be praying for you. Guess its easier said than done, but try to keep positive. Im sorry that you have had to go through so much in your life.((((((hugs so tight))))))Katz

My oncologists office called
    My oncologists office called today (both the dr and his secretary called). He wants to do a phone conference.. (for lack of a better word)in order to see how I'm feeling.....one would think that the oncologist would want to see me rather than do a phone conference. Personally I don't feel comfortable with a telephone conference and would rather see the dr in person. It's just so impersonal :((
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    sparky51 said:

My oncologists office called today (both the dr and his secretary called). He wants to do a phone conference.. (for lack of a better word)in order to see how I'm feeling.....one would think that the oncologist would want to see me rather than do a phone conference. Personally I don't feel comfortable with a telephone conference and would rather see the dr in person. It's just so impersonal :((

Why a phone conference? Can
    Why a phone conference? Can you insist on an office visit? Wishing you good luck Sparky!
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    sparky51 said:

Thanks so much.....all I can
    Thanks so much.....all I can do is hope and pray

Hoping and praying for you
    Hoping and praying for you and with you!
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Megan M said:

I am sorry about this news
    I am sorry about this news Sparky, but, praying that it will not be cancer. Let us know when you find something out.

Hugs, Megan

Phone conference?
    If you already talked to the oncologist, is he suggesting more than the two of you be involved in the phone conference? Is that why he's suggesting a phone conference rather than an office visit?

I'm so sorry this looks like a recurrence. I hope it's not. If it is, how will they know if it's breast or esohageal cancer? Could it be either one?

My prayers are with you, Sparky. Hope the next news is positive for you.

Suzanne
  • Jennifer1961
    Jennifer1961 Member Posts: 137
    sparky51 said:

Thanks so much Kylez

So sorry, I saw your post
    So sorry, I saw your post yesterday and have been thinking of you. Just want to reach out and give you a big hug and a shoulder to cry on.
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    cahjah75 said:

sparky
    {{hugs}} Char

Praying that you hear good
    Praying that you hear good news Sparky.

Hugs, Lex
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    sparky51 said:

Any news?
    Just wondering if you had the phone conference? Hoping and praying for you. Hugs,Katz
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991

Phone conference?
    If you already talked to the oncologist, is he suggesting more than the two of you be involved in the phone conference? Is that why he's suggesting a phone conference rather than an office visit?

I'm so sorry this looks like a recurrence. I hope it's not. If it is, how will they know if it's breast or esohageal cancer? Could it be either one?

My prayers are with you, Sparky. Hope the next news is positive for you.

Suzanne

Praying for positive news
    Praying for positive news for you.

Hugs, Angie
  • sparky51

So sorry, I saw your post
    So sorry, I saw your post yesterday and have been thinking of you. Just want to reach out and give you a big hug and a shoulder to cry on.

I spoke with the oncologist
    I spoke with the oncologist yesterday so he's going to arrange to see me one day next week even if it isn't during clinic hours. He said he needed to consult the radiologist about a biopsy because it seems the nodules are in a hard to reach spot. Apparently the oncologist had seen these nodes earlier and now they've grown. It seems he is also sending me to a thoracic surgeon as well and I see her next week as well. The thoracic surgeon is familiar with me as she looked after me during esophageal cancer. My oncologist believes the cancer has spread but won't know which cancer until a biopsy is done. Feel like I'm running low on strength at this time :(((
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    sparky51 said:

I spoke with the oncologist yesterday so he's going to arrange to see me one day next week even if it isn't during clinic hours. He said he needed to consult the radiologist about a biopsy because it seems the nodules are in a hard to reach spot. Apparently the oncologist had seen these nodes earlier and now they've grown. It seems he is also sending me to a thoracic surgeon as well and I see her next week as well. The thoracic surgeon is familiar with me as she looked after me during esophageal cancer. My oncologist believes the cancer has spread but won't know which cancer until a biopsy is done. Feel like I'm running low on strength at this time :(((

Miss Sparky .. We are here for you and praying for a
    miracle. You have been thru so much, and now to have this additional stress is not fair. We believe in miracles .. we see them daily, and we are hoping one has your name on it.

Postive thoughts and prayers coming your way our dear Sister.

Vicki Sam
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    sparky51 said:

Praying for you
    Praying for you sparky!

Hugs, Diane