I've only been in remission from breast cancer since the end of May and now the dr has found lung no

1235»

Comments

• jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    cahjah75 said:

sparky
    I'm praying that the nodules are nothing to worry about. When do you expect to hear from your oncologist? I saw mine yesterday and he told me I'll have another CT scan in 2 months to look at nodules found on my PET scan. So sorry you have to worry like this. It's so unfair.....
    {{hugs}} Char

Never give up hope Sparky!
    Never give up hope Sparky! We are all here supporting you!

Leeza
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    sparky51 said:

I'll have the results of the
    I'll have the results of the bone scan on thursday but still don't have dates for the biopsies :(

Did you get your results
    Did you get your results today Sparky? Praying they are good!

♥ Noel
  • sparky51
    sparky51 Member Posts: 37
    Noel said:

Did you get your results
    Did you get your results today Sparky? Praying they are good!

♥ Noel

Saw the dr today and the
    Saw the dr today and the bone scan is clear. The lump is a little larger but she wants to wait and do a CT scan in a couple of months rather than just do a biopsy and find out what it is now. I called my oncologist and left a message for him to call and let me know what's going on.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    sparky51 said:

Saw the dr today and the
    Saw the dr today and the bone scan is clear. The lump is a little larger but she wants to wait and do a CT scan in a couple of months rather than just do a biopsy and find out what it is now. I called my oncologist and left a message for him to call and let me know what's going on.

We've been thinking and praying for you .. I am so
    glad you posted ... Please update us.

Vicki Sam
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    sparky51 said:

Saw the dr today and the

Congrats on a clean bone
    Congrats on a clean bone scan! Why no biopsy now? I would think they would want to.

Keep updating us Sparky!

Hugs,

Debby
  • sparky51
    DebbyM said:

Congrats on a clean bone
    Congrats on a clean bone scan! Why no biopsy now? I would think they would want to.

Keep updating us Sparky!

Hugs,

Debby

I spoke to the oncologists
    I spoke to the oncologists office yesterday and they said that they want to do both biopsies. It's the thoracic surgeon who wants to wait....it was because of her that it took me more than 3 months to get a diagnosis.....I could go on about her but it'll just piss me off
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    sparky51 said:

I spoke to the oncologists
    I spoke to the oncologists office yesterday and they said that they want to do both biopsies. It's the thoracic surgeon who wants to wait....it was because of her that it took me more than 3 months to get a diagnosis.....I could go on about her but it'll just piss me off

Good grief!
    I'll acknowledge that thoracic surgeons and oncologists don't always approach problems from the same perspective, but this descrepancy would make me crazy - especially since my little mind would go to the fear of cancer. Who's doing the biopsies? When will they be done? Still keeping you in my prayers for an all clear.

Suzanne
  • sparky51

Good grief!
    I'll acknowledge that thoracic surgeons and oncologists don't always approach problems from the same perspective, but this descrepancy would make me crazy - especially since my little mind would go to the fear of cancer. Who's doing the biopsies? When will they be done? Still keeping you in my prayers for an all clear.

Suzanne

This discrepancy has been
    This discrepancy has been making me crazy......my mind automatically goes to cancer. The oncologist has ordered the biopsies but I still don't have a date for them....hope I get a date soon....
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    sparky51 said:

This discrepancy has been
    This discrepancy has been making me crazy......my mind automatically goes to cancer. The oncologist has ordered the biopsies but I still don't have a date for them....hope I get a date soon....

I can understand how this
    I can understand how this would drive you crazy. Just glad you are having the biopsies. Let us know when.

Hugs, Debby
  • sparky51
    DebbyM said:

I can understand how this
    I can understand how this would drive you crazy. Just glad you are having the biopsies. Let us know when.

Hugs, Debby

Well I had a brief convo
    Well I had a brief convo with my onc today. He said that the radiologist thinks the node may be too small to biopsy (that was my understanding) I told him the thoracic surgeon briefly looked at the lump even after telling her that it was getting larger.....sigh...it's no wonder I'm in tears again.....he also said that if the lump enlarges more in his absence to go see the thoracic surgeon and show her. He'd like to do another CT scan sooner than thoracics....also he wants to have a meeting with the other 2 drs about it. It's going to be another month before I hear any thing....

:(((((((
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    sparky51 said:

Well I had a brief convo
    Well I had a brief convo with my onc today. He said that the radiologist thinks the node may be too small to biopsy (that was my understanding) I told him the thoracic surgeon briefly looked at the lump even after telling her that it was getting larger.....sigh...it's no wonder I'm in tears again.....he also said that if the lump enlarges more in his absence to go see the thoracic surgeon and show her. He'd like to do another CT scan sooner than thoracics....also he wants to have a meeting with the other 2 drs about it. It's going to be another month before I hear any thing....

:(((((((

Sparky, I am so sorry. I
    Sparky, I am so sorry. I can see how upsetting this would be, I would be too. Praying that when the doctors all meet, they will come up with a plan for you. I know this waiting is so hard. Stay strong and keep updating us.

Hugs, Leeza
  • sparky51
    jnl said:

Sparky, I am so sorry. I
    Sparky, I am so sorry. I can see how upsetting this would be, I would be too. Praying that when the doctors all meet, they will come up with a plan for you. I know this waiting is so hard. Stay strong and keep updating us.

Hugs, Leeza

Update
    I went to the ER on Sunday as I was in considerable pain and needed help. The ER did a CT scan (comparison with the scan done on Dec 29)and I found out that there was sclerotic lesions on the 4th & 5th ribs (Dec 29) and now there are new sclerotic lesions on the same ribs. They also found and increase in nodular opacity in the large fissure on the right side which could be due to a lobulated fluid collection or a new mass as well as an increase in the size of the fissural nodule. The ER/Radiologist recommended follow up. My family dr agrees. I called the oncologists office and left a message.....his secretary called and told me the dr would get back to me......his secretary called today and left a message. The oncologist wants to discuss the CT with the radiologist because he doesn't see where the lump has gotten larger.....it has.....I haven't had a pain free day in months. I'm at a point where I want to get another opinion
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    sparky51 said:

Update
    I went to the ER on Sunday as I was in considerable pain and needed help. The ER did a CT scan (comparison with the scan done on Dec 29)and I found out that there was sclerotic lesions on the 4th & 5th ribs (Dec 29) and now there are new sclerotic lesions on the same ribs. They also found and increase in nodular opacity in the large fissure on the right side which could be due to a lobulated fluid collection or a new mass as well as an increase in the size of the fissural nodule. The ER/Radiologist recommended follow up. My family dr agrees. I called the oncologists office and left a message.....his secretary called and told me the dr would get back to me......his secretary called today and left a message. The oncologist wants to discuss the CT with the radiologist because he doesn't see where the lump has gotten larger.....it has.....I haven't had a pain free day in months. I'm at a point where I want to get another opinion

I am so sorry sparky for the
    I am so sorry sparky for the pain you are in. Another opinion might be a very good idea. Keeping you in my prayers and keep us updated. It was good to see you posting, just wish it would have been better news.

Hugs, Jan