I've only been in remission from breast cancer since the end of May and now the dr has found lung no

sparky51
sparky51 Member Posts: 37
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
My fight with cancer began in September 2006 when I was diagnosed with esophageal cancer....I got through that but less than 3 years after that diagnosis I was diagnosed with Stage 3, Triple Negative breast cancer. I had a mastectomy & axillary node disection followed by chemo and radiation....I finished treatment at the end of May. About a month or so ago I developed a lump very close to the site of the mastectomy so off I go to the drs office. He ordered a chest x-ray as well as an x-ray directly of the lump sight. The dr called me less than 2 hours after my x-ray to tell me they had found lung nodules on my right lung, same side as my mastectomy. He's ordering an emergency CT Scan and sending the results to both the medical oncologist as well as the thoracic surgeon. It could still take a week or more to get the scan though. I'm really worried and don't know what to think.....or do. I feel like this nightmare with cancer is never going to end. In the last 4 years I've been sick each Christmas....so depressing...

Comments

• Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Uggh the waiting is
    Uggh the waiting is sometimes the hardest part, isn't it? I want to welcome you to the site -although I'm terribly sorry you have to be here. There are some really wonderful people on here & have helped me tremendously through my own cancer journey, as well as my mom's.
    I hope and pray that your scan comes out ok - and also that you can have comfort & peace at this time. Have a blessed Merry Christmas.
    *hugs*
    Heather
  • webbwife50
    webbwife50 Member Posts: 394
    Welcome!
    So sorry to hear you are having to spend Christmas in this awfull limbo. They are so many of us! This is the best place to come whatever your need, you will find love and support here, and when needed, information from your sisters in pink. God bless you and keep you...Alison
  • sparky51

Uggh the waiting is
    Uggh the waiting is sometimes the hardest part, isn't it? I want to welcome you to the site -although I'm terribly sorry you have to be here. There are some really wonderful people on here & have helped me tremendously through my own cancer journey, as well as my mom's.
    I hope and pray that your scan comes out ok - and also that you can have comfort & peace at this time. Have a blessed Merry Christmas.
    *hugs*
    Heather

Thank you Heather.....I
    Thank you Heather.....I think the waiting is terrible. I had only returned to work in August after sick leave and then started getting sick again in mid-October and have been off work sick since (thank God I have great sick leave at work and a really understanding boss). I don't ask for a lot out of life.....I just want my health back. I've never been the same since the first cancer....
    Have a wonderful Merry Christmas
    {{{{{HUGS}}}}}
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    sparky51 said:

Thank you Heather.....I
    Thank you Heather.....I think the waiting is terrible. I had only returned to work in August after sick leave and then started getting sick again in mid-October and have been off work sick since (thank God I have great sick leave at work and a really understanding boss). I don't ask for a lot out of life.....I just want my health back. I've never been the same since the first cancer....
    Have a wonderful Merry Christmas
    {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Hi Sparky and Welcome!
    Just to let you know that I am praying for good results for your scan. And, that I am so sorry that you are going through this.

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

Sue :)
  • Annette 11
    Annette 11 Member Posts: 380
    Sparky
    I pray your scan comes back with nothing serious. I have a question; At the time of your mastectomy what did they say as far as your cancer spreading to lymph nodes? I checked your profile but you had not written any information.
    This beast is an ongoing worry for us. It's awful!
    Praying for you.
    Annette
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Lung Nodules
    Sparky, I also had TN, stage 3 bc. I am 2 years out from surgery. On my last CT scan of my lungs, nodules were found. They were described as "ground glass" nodules that need watching. This is how I learned that "nodules" are not necessarily cancer. The lump on your mastectomy site might also be scar tissue. Of course the worst comes to your mind first, and the fear never really goes away. I definitely understand your fear, but don't give up on benign results. I will be hoping you get the CT and benign results back soon.
  • jamiegww
    jamiegww Member Posts: 384
    Don't let it get the best of you.
    We are all holding your hand, waiting with you and hoping you get good news this time.

Hugs!!!
    Jamie
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    I'm sending my thoughts and
    I'm sending my thoughts and prayers that you find some peace while you wait, and that you get good results.

Merry Christmas,

Linda
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Sparky
    I'm sorry you have to wait for your results. I had a PET scan done near my first chemo and it was clear except for nodules in the bottom of both lungs. My onc said it was nothing to worry about. I go for CT scan next week before starting radiation so if there is anything there it will show up. Wishing you peace to get through the holidays and hopefully you have your results soon.
    Char
  • sparky51

Sparky
    I pray your scan comes back with nothing serious. I have a question; At the time of your mastectomy what did they say as far as your cancer spreading to lymph nodes? I checked your profile but you had not written any information.
    Praying for you.
    Annette

Annette at the time of my
    Annette at the time of my mastectomy they found cancer in 10 out of 15 lymph nodes.....this is the part that worries the dr.

Thanks everyone for your support it means a lot to me to hear from others that have gone through this before
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    cahjah75 said:

Sparky
    I'm sorry you have to wait for your results. I had a PET scan done near my first chemo and it was clear except for nodules in the bottom of both lungs. My onc said it was nothing to worry about. I go for CT scan next week before starting radiation so if there is anything there it will show up. Wishing you peace to get through the holidays and hopefully you have your results soon.
    Char

So sorry Sparky.
    Not only is this happening at all but it is happening when everyone else is celebrating. Just know that we care and are sending you love. My good friend has had lung nodules for over 10 years and doing fine so don't assume the worst.

Roseann
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    roseann4 said:

So sorry Sparky.
    Not only is this happening at all but it is happening when everyone else is celebrating. Just know that we care and are sending you love. My good friend has had lung nodules for over 10 years and doing fine so don't assume the worst.

Roseann

don't lose hope
    Don't lose hope! Like Moopy said, the nodules in the lungs could be something besides cancer. That's what we'll be hoping and praying for. If ever there was a season for hope, this is it! Best wishes on your upcoming scan and keep yourself busy having a very merry Christmas. Marsha
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    jamiegww said:

Don't let it get the best of you.
    We are all holding your hand, waiting with you and hoping you get good news this time.

Hugs!!!
    Jamie

We will all be here, praying
    We will all be here, praying for good news.

You are now surrounded by your sisters in pink that will support you!

Hugs, Noel
  • sparky51

don't lose hope
    Don't lose hope! Like Moopy said, the nodules in the lungs could be something besides cancer. That's what we'll be hoping and praying for. If ever there was a season for hope, this is it! Best wishes on your upcoming scan and keep yourself busy having a very merry Christmas. Marsha

In the last 4 years the only
    In the last 4 years the only time I lost any hope was when I had esophageal cancer. I was soooo sick that I shouldn't have been discharged from the hospital at the time. I vomited for a week at home before the nurse said I had to go back to the hospital my BP was 80/40 and she could smell ketones on my breath....I wasn't eating. During breast cancer I seemed to handle it very well and nothing got me down. Now I just worry but I'm going to enjoy christmas with my family and friends.

Merry Christmas to All!!
  • sassafras
    sassafras Member Posts: 10
    sparky51 said:

In the last 4 years the only
    In the last 4 years the only time I lost any hope was when I had esophageal cancer. I was soooo sick that I shouldn't have been discharged from the hospital at the time. I vomited for a week at home before the nurse said I had to go back to the hospital my BP was 80/40 and she could smell ketones on my breath....I wasn't eating. During breast cancer I seemed to handle it very well and nothing got me down. Now I just worry but I'm going to enjoy christmas with my family and friends.

Merry Christmas to All!!

Bless you Sparky,
    Your in my

Bless you Sparky,

Your in my prayers for a good result from your test. Take Care of you and I hope you enjoy the Christmas Holiday with those you love.

Kim
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991

Sparky
    Praying for you.
    Annette

I think we all agree that
    I think we all agree that the waiting is horrid. I am praying for excellent results with your scan.

Prayers are being sent,

Angie
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000

Welcome!
    So sorry to hear you are having to spend Christmas in this awfull limbo. They are so many of us! This is the best place to come whatever your need, you will find love and support here, and when needed, information from your sisters in pink. God bless you and keep you...Alison

Praying that your scan will
    Praying that your scan will be ok.

Hugs, Megan
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member

don't lose hope

Never lose hope sparky! I
    Never lose hope sparky! I will be praying for you!

Jan
  • Findingout
    Findingout Member Posts: 132
    I am thinking of you and
    I am thinking of you and hoping for a good result.
  • sparky51

I am thinking of you and
    I am thinking of you and hoping for a good result.

Thank you everyone for your
    Thank you everyone for your words of support it really helps. My scan will be tomorrow and then I have to wait for results. Man I hate this waiting....