Join us Walking, Swimming, Cycling, Weights, Paddling, Jogging and get SURVIVAL BOOST

Comments

• pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member

thanks my adventurous friend
    awesome turkey, your amazing. thanks for keeping me company.

got an AM and PM walk in today with my very overweight diving friend Dave. His Dad and my kids joined us this evenings walk. He had bowel cancer 20 years ago, was found early. He told me of his reconnection dramas and his surgeon.

Never heard this before from my friends very wise old surgeon "if you have an active polyps and exercise they secret a chemical that triggers diarrhea" now this should be
    a warning in all gyms and fitness places. Before I go pushing this has anyone else heard of anything like this.

pepe see what you can learn when you go walking. it was breezy and refeshing by this really wild surf beach, the kids loved it, so did i. the kids and I had mexican diner which we all loved.

I still dream of getting some of our other US friends into joining us.

hugs also

Well Pete I'm in Armenia right now!
    Srange country next goal Georgia ,going towards north trying to avoid iran and azerbaijan! lol. then Russia!. Have you ever been in Russia?.
    I been just once in St.Petersburg.Nice caviar ,nice girls, and nice midnight sun despite is still very early for that, more impressive by June!
    Well... continue walking , long trip to Australia Yet!, Keep you informed about any new here!.
    Hope you got a nice and long walk with kids and friends!
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    One foot in front of the other
    Pete, I walked to church this morning! I also plan to take another walk in a little bit.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    tootsie1 said:

Pete, I walked to church this morning! I also plan to take another walk in a little bit.

*hugs*
    Gail

5th day, this may turn into a habit
    here goes the Walk today, anyone coming ????????

its really raining hard today, off to the gym instead. Did I mention they local gym gave me a 6 months membership as a prize in a competition in 25 words I mentioned I had cancer and needed to improve my fitness. Its massive, with a pool, heaps of classes and weights. Now we are heading into winter here its going to be perfect for my fitness program.

pepe watchout for any healthy place where we can have lunch.
    we have had more company than i realised on our walks.
    thanks to all who joined in the walking post , it encourages me and I hope encourages you.
    we have blake, shanna, tara, linda, gail, gail, angela and pepe.

have a good walk or workout,

pete
  • pepebcn

its really raining hard today, off to the gym instead. Did I mention they local gym gave me a 6 months membership as a prize in a competition in 25 words I mentioned I had cancer and needed to improve my fitness. Its massive, with a pool, heaps of classes and weights. Now we are heading into winter here its going to be perfect for my fitness program.

thanks to all who joined in the walking post , it encourages me and I hope encourages you.

pete

Still walking , sleeping in Tiblisi ( Georgia) tonight!
    Tomorrow Russia! What about you?
    Hope more people is joining !
    Hugs every body!
  • soccermom13
    soccermom13 Member Posts: 224

pete

had a great walk yesterday and thought of you!
    We have a natural open space close to my house and took a walk with my duaghter on Sunday. Saw lots of prairie hawks, prairie dogs and even a dead skunk (not in the middle of the road!) - thank goodness no rattlers! Hope your walks have been great as well! Feels so good to be outside!
    hugs
    Shanna
  • Sound great I will take a
    Sound great I will take a nice walk this afternoon when I get home from seeing the oncologist. I hope your having a nice day down under.
  • pepebcn

Sound great I will take a
    Sound great I will take a nice walk this afternoon when I get home from seeing the oncologist. I hope your having a nice day down under.

Pete walking today?
    I've seen in TV lots of rain lots of rain on top of your head! Hope you are OK!
    Hugs!
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn said:

Pete walking today?
    I've seen in TV lots of rain lots of rain on top of your head! Hope you are OK!
    Hugs!

Having a long walk today, any body else?
    Pete I miss your company yesterday!
    Hugs!
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pepebcn said:

Having a long walk today, any body else?
    Pete I miss your company yesterday!
    Hugs!

I missed our walk
    hi pepe,

definitely going tomorrow for a walk.
    walked around city today seeing doctors, but not long enough.
    thats for keeping me honest and motivating me. you should be a personal trainer.
    I had dinner in south africa tonight, it was a long swim.

Pete
  • pete43lost_at_sea

Sound great I will take a

I love your photo
    it was a lovelly day downunder and I hope your walk was great.
    pete
  • pete43lost_at_sea

had a great walk yesterday and thought of you!
    We have a natural open space close to my house and took a walk with my duaghter on Sunday. Saw lots of prairie hawks, prairie dogs and even a dead skunk (not in the middle of the road!) - thank goodness no rattlers! Hope your walks have been great as well! Feels so good to be outside!
    hugs
    Shanna

how awesome
    hi shanna,
    I'll also had my kids walk with me sunday night. Its great to include them, isn't it!
    You have unofficially joined the unofficial cns colorectal walking club.
    Yes outside is sooooooo good. its certainly beats most of the crap on TV.
    hugs,
    Pete
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    tootsie1 said:

*hugs*
    Gail

we have the same technique
    hi gail,
    what a small world.
    I should walk to church, I should make an effort to go a little more often.
    Let me know when you are doing your next walk and I'll come with you in spirit.
    hugs,
    Pete
  • pepebcn

I missed our walk
    hi pepe,

definitely going tomorrow for a walk.
    walked around city today seeing doctors, but not long enough.
    thats for keeping me honest and motivating me. you should be a personal trainer.
    I had dinner in south africa tonight, it was a long swim.

Pete

Yeah , long swim hope not problems with the big whites !
    There are a lot in south Africa as well!
    I'm in Russia right now, so quite a few day walking in this huge country !
    Let you know any novelty !
    Hugs mate ,don't forget walking!
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pepebcn said:

Yeah , long swim hope not problems with the big whites !
    There are a lot in south Africa as well!
    I'm in Russia right now, so quite a few day walking in this huge country !
    Let you know any novelty !
    Hugs mate ,don't forget walking!

where are you in russia ?
    go pepe go

I will fly over and join you. I would love to see the beauty of russia.
    Got a 90 min walk this morniong in, and it was a warm, sunny joyous morning.
    I took my diving friends to the best cafe called "foodies" I had fruit salad and yogurt.
    Tonioght I did a 30 min walk at sunset with my neighbour and the dogs.
    Lets keep on walking and see where we meet.

should I head east or west ?

pete
  • Sandi1
    Sandi1 Member Posts: 277

I love your photo
    pete

What a great Idea
    My husband and I try to walk every night whether it's by the water or around the block. He has gained alot of weight from the steroids in his chemo - so he hasn't walked in a while - so we try to do at least 20 minutes. When that becomes easy we will move up to 30 mins and so on. Now if the weather would just cooperate with us it would be great ! 70 degrees here on Friday, 54 on Saturday and Sunday, 50 on Monday, 48 on Tuesday and today (Wednesday) it's snowing, and it's supposed to snow again tomorrow, then warm up to 50 on Friday. I hate this weather. Oh well, trying to get the walk in anyway.

Good Luck to you
    Sandi
  • Sandi1

I love your photo
    pete

What a great Idea
    My husband and I try to walk every night whether it's by the water or around the block. He has gained alot of weight from the steroids in his chemo - so he hasn't walked in a while - so we try to do at least 20 minutes. When that becomes easy we will move up to 30 mins and so on. Now if the weather would just cooperate with us it would be great ! 70 degrees here on Friday, 54 on Saturday and Sunday, 50 on Monday, 48 on Tuesday and today (Wednesday) it's snowing, and it's supposed to snow again tomorrow, then warm up to 50 on Friday. I hate this weather. Oh well, trying to get the walk in anyway.

Good Luck to you
    Sandi
  • Sandi1

I love your photo
    pete

What a great Idea

Good Luck to you
    Sandi
  • Sandi1

I love your photo
    pete

• pepebcn

where are you in russia ?
    go pepe go

I will fly over and join you. I would love to see the beauty of russia.
    Got a 90 min walk this morniong in, and it was a warm, sunny joyous morning.
    I took my diving friends to the best cafe called "foodies" I had fruit salad and yogurt.
    Tonioght I did a 30 min walk at sunset with my neighbour and the dogs.
    Lets keep on walking and see where we meet.

should I head east or west ?

pete

In an hospital in moscow ! it's infusion day! hahahahaha!
    So here waiting for disconnection ! Well...tomorrow crossing the Urals towards Novosivirsk ,and then Mongolia!
    It's freezing here wow!.So I suggest go towards west, may be we can fine each other somewhere in the Philippines ? .
    Keep you informed !

Hugs!
  • pepebcn
    Sandi1 said:

What a great Idea

Good Luck to you
    Sandi

Ok Sandi welcome to the csn walking club!
    Please keep us informed about your walks !
    Hugs!