New to breast cancer

Options

Comments

• Buddybutton
    Buddybutton Member Posts: 32 Member
    Options

Hi SoBlessed,

Finished up my chemo and Neupogen.The chemo wasn't the too bad, it was smells with me this time.I love candles and tarts and probably spend way too much for them lol (I was spoiled hubby use to make them for me but since he passed I have to buy them..Spoiled?a bit lol)I light 1 turn or on a warmer ...yuck just yuck.Food?Ok taste is still a problem drink wise.The Neupogen...way worse for me then the chemo, it turned me into a miserable and just plain sick ol lady.I'm a cryer when I'm sick so that was big fun.They warn ya flu symptoms and they are not kidding.I found out Thursday I'm going to have radiation now.I thought I was done after the chemo but no now I'm going to start radiation 6 wks 5days a week. I was real unhappy about that,I was ready to celebrate with a trip to the gym.Oh well when life hands ya lemons, ya make lemonade.Hugs.☺️❣️

• marlakeeth
    marlakeeth Member Posts: 108 Member
    Options

Good to hear that every woman's depressing concern is about their hair! ME TOO! Just recently diagnosed with stage 2. I have an MRI and then meet with the oncologist. Losing my hair is awful but reading that everyone's concerns are about losing their hair is also mine! I know it will grow back, BUT.

Part of me wants to cut it off now, and my husband has no empathy for me losing my hair. He says maybe you won't and why are you worrying about it, it may never happen. He had colon cancer and went through it all, never lost his hair. Guys go bald most of the time anyway with age. No empathy here! will update next week, Glad to be here and read the struggles of everyone. The struggle is REAL!

• Buddybutton
    Options

Hey! When I saw what your hubby said, tell him colon cancer chemo and breast cancer chemos are too really different animals.Entirely different drugs. I've had both.If the Dr. told you your hair would start going it will. Just like I said in my previous sagaπŸ˜‚ Don't wait or you might have the same result I did, a shower yeti.That is one mess you won't want to deal with🀣Personally I didn't really have a problem with losing my hair, I and my 3rd daughter shaved it all off before when my 2nd daughter had brain surgery so she wouldn't feel different.You have a wondeful day and remember it WILL grow back!😎(Me in my sunglasses) 🀣

• Srichard
    Srichard Member Posts: 24 Member
    Options

Good morning everyone. It was very interesting to read everyone's posts.

I am now at the radiation part of this journey. It is a breeze compared to chemo. Have 4 weeks at 5 days a week which can be pretty tedious!

As everyone said, my hair has started growing back, pure white ☹️. That being said, it is actually very pretty but not ready to go white just yet. I will be coloring it as soon as I feel it's safe.

I am so glad to be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. To you all please hang in there. I know it's hard to believe sometimes, but it really will get better.

Hugs and prayers to you all πŸŒΉβ€οΈπŸ™

• Buddybutton
    Options

Also starting my radiation beginning next month.I will be glad when this journey ends. There are some pretty colors out there if you're adventurous I've been blue/dark pink/lavender/indigo/light pink.Indigo is my fav and also getting my very 1st tat at 69 lol I figure after everything that this poor old body has been through why be afraid of a tat πŸ˜‚

• angelas01
    angelas01 Member Posts: 11 Member
    Options

Hi, I love your sense of humor and enthusiasm, and thank you for the encouragement. Having optimism and a solid foundation, God to hold onto helps with every channel we go through!! I too have been through chemo, surgery, and radiation, and now I take treatment of Keytruda every 3 weeks for 9 months. I am getting stronger, going through----- that is what we are doing as Pink Warriors, going through. Enjoy life in each moment. You Got This!!!

• jpallone
    jpallone Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

I just discovered this chat room and am enjoying the comments since I'm about half way through breast cancer treatment. I had the chemo since last November. I'm 8 days post bilateral mastectomy due to inflammatory BC in the left and ductal cancer in the right breast (I hit the jackpot). After I heal, then I have to have 30 radiation treatments. Then I go on the Verzenio and estrogen inhibitor drug. All that said, I feel blessed that I've come this far. This disease has shown me who my friends and family are for me and which relatives I have not heard one word from. Thanks for all of your input and experiences. They help me feel like a "normal" cancer patient. By the way, losing my hair was traumatic, too, but it is starting to grow in now.

• Srichard
    Options

Welcome to the forum jpallone, it really does help to hear about everyone else's experiences and get words of encouragement you need right now.

We all know what a long journey this is, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

The hair loss was traumatic for me also, but it is starting to grow back which is a huge relief.

Wishing you all the bestπŸ™πŸŒΉ

• Buddybutton
    Options

Hi Jpallone. Welcome and here's to all of us being cancer free soonest! As to your friends and relatives, sometimes people don't know what to say so they opt for the say nothing route. Wait till you're feeling better and on the road to recovery and try to reconnect.(Just an old lady giving probably unneeded advice but that's meπŸ˜‰πŸ˜)I wish you all the best and hope things go really well for you!

• marlakeeth
    edited June 2023 #32
    Options

Hi to everyone!

I have stage 2 invasive duct cell cancer right breast, about 1/2 in mass with a tail! Had an MRI and then found another mass under my breast. No one knows what it is. Now have to have another MRI with a biopsy to determine what it is. During the biopsy, the surgeon wants markers placed at the mass and the tail to later see if the Chemo is working. Starting Chemo July 19th and then one infusion every three weeks for 12 weeks. Rechecking then to see if chemo is working. Going to have my hair cut shorter today and then really short before chemo starts. I am glad that I found this site. Allows me to share as all you have, our cancer journey together as women! Thank you all.

• jpallone
    jpallone Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply. I am working on the "right "thing to do.

• Lisa7673
    Lisa7673 Member Posts: 13 Member
    Options

Thank God your at the end πŸ™ŒπŸΎ may I ask I no everyone is different how long was the whole process from the time you started chemo to now?

• Buddybutton
    Options

1st time was for colon cancer that was 10 months.This time is breast cancer and that was 4 months.Starting radiation on the 11th and that's 6 weeks 5 days a week.

• marlakeeth
    Options

I will have a port placed in the morning and chemo start on the 19th of July. Had an MRI this week with MRI guided biopsy of two areas. It was not a walk in the park for sure, having your breast compressed for over 30 minutes vertically! Laying there face down, not able to see anything was a trusting weirdness! Will update more later this week, waiting for the biopsy reports!

Rest well my friends.

• Srichard
    Options

Hello. My chemo was 4 rounds which was right around 3 months, then 4 weeks of radiation 5 days a week.

I can confirm that radiation is a walk in the park compared to chemo. Just tedious having to go to everyday.

Best of luck and prayers to you Lisa on this journey 🌹

• Lisa7673
    Options

How many hours a day was the Radation also was it given to the port?

• Srichard
    Options

The radiation treatments are very fast, usually between 15-20 minutes. No port is necessary for those, just the chemo treatments which are about 2.5 hours.

• Lisa7673
    Options

Thank you I truly apologize for so many questions, so you don't have to have the surgery?

• marlakeeth
    Options

thank you for your thoughts and information!😚